Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Also, having finished Cadwell's Gold, I can say that as far as faction storylines the Aldmeri Dominion story is, in my opinion, the most fun to play through. Ebonheart Pact has an issue of largely 'okay hero, you've completed this area, good for you! We've got nothing left for you to do!', and then you step outside and someone's there to conveniently say 'hey buddy can you come check on this situation in this other area?' The AD's story actually strings along fairly well: the events of the ending of one area lead directly into the next.
The AD storyline also tends to introduce characters that will show up as the focus in later zones and in general do a lot more foreshadowing compared to the other two factions, which is a nice touch when playing through the zones a second time.
Also bonus points of being the one faction where you kill the most elves. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Samunwise posted:

Been trying templar healer, it's pretty fun, but I get the impression that I need way more magicka than I have - even with 3/4th of my attribute points in it, and nothing but +magicka enchants I blow through my entire bar before a pack of enemies is done with and am relying on potions pretty heavily in dungeons. I'm working on light armor passives atm and putting together an "of the healer" set for the next few levels, is there anything I'm missing or are the pubbies I'm grouping with just good at losing health?

Also, I think this got missed because of the maintenance last week:

Try getting either the Atronach or Mage stones. Or Ritual if you want your heals to be more effective.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
You don't always need to heal and sometimes there are more useful things to do than heal, such as CC and helping to kill stuff. I've got two healers and one of them uses a bow for stamina-based CC and the other is a nightblade that doubles as a DPS. The advantage of having stamina burning non-healing stuff is it lets you devote all your magicka to healing, though I think the more important thing is just managing your magicka well. Blood altar is a good thing to use because it's very cheap for what it does (as long as your team mates have two brain cells to rub together and use it). Templar heals are generally not spammable because they eat magicka, if you're going to toss heals around you want the heal staff spells

vug fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 8, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

vug posted:

Templar heals are generally not spammable because they eat magicka, if you're going to toss heals around you want the heal staff spells
Indeed: Templar heals are not very efficient with their magicka, but are good for burst healing in an emergency. The Restoration Staff doesn't have the same amount of healing in one go, but are much more sustainable.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
EU servers up on PS4

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

radintorov posted:

The AD storyline also tends to introduce characters that will show up as the focus in later zones and in general do a lot more foreshadowing compared to the other two factions, which is a nice touch when playing through the zones a second time.
Also bonus points of being the one faction where you kill the most elves. :v:

I think the end of the AD story in the khajiit temple is the best and worst of ESO at the same time. I mean you've got the stupidly arbitrary and meaningless moral choice that's telegraphed a mile away, and the generally godawful khajiit dialog that by the time i had slogged through reaper's march was sapping my will to live, but on the other hand the stuff you see in the vision was great and reminded me more than anything else of that stephen soderbergh che guevara film (part 2). come to think of it the AD leaders are the only ones i really cared about

and queen ayrenn is a rampant AI from a spaceship, lest we forget

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I'll be playing on PS4, PSN: Clownballoon

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

AD has the tightest narrative to be sure and largest cast of recurring characters. I really get the feeling that AD was the last set of zones they finished with EP being first. EP has characters that feel like they'll be recurring that just kind of disappear halfway through the story.

DC is definitely the weakest though, just because every zone is about undead invading.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

vug posted:

Why is every single PVP server yellow

Who knows, these things change with the winds. Daggerfall just won the last non-Vet campaign with AD in a distant third.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Console account copies can now be downloaded.....maybe. They are slowly activating the codes. Go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/account/billing/billing-history and there should be a code beneath your Account Copy purchase. Try it in your respective console's store. If it works you can start downloading, if not then it hasn't been activated yet and you have to wait.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

If any goons are playing on XBOX ONE, what faction are we planning on doing? My heart tells me "whatever faction sends you to Morrowind," but I'm willing to bend to public opinion.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Ebonheart Pact would be Morrowind. I was thinking of going with Daggerfall, I don't really know why, it just sounds cool. I assume different characters can be in different ones, or is that not possible?

Scyantific posted:

Daggerfall is the most boring of the alliances because every single zone's story involves the undead being used in some form to wrest power from those who currently have it.

Also, generic as gently caress environments too.

Well, poo poo. Maybe I'll go with that Aldmeri Dominion. They were dicks in Skyrim so I wasn't going to, but if they have the better storylines then maybe I'll just suck it up.

Yeah, thanks, that's what I was thinking.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Barometer fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 8, 2015

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Barometer posted:

Ebonheart Pact would be Morrowind. I was thinking of going with Daggerfall, I don't really know why, it just sounds cool. I assume different characters can be in different ones, or is that not possible?

Your account is not bound to an alliance if that is what you're asking. You can have separate characters in different alliances.

There is no way to change a character's alliance however.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'll be playing on the Xbone as well. I don't care what alliance I am, I'll just go with whichever one you guys pick.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Barometer posted:

Daggerfall is the most boring of the alliances because every single zone's story involves the undead being used in some form to wrest power from those who currently have it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Rivenspire in DC has one of the cooler stories because its all about a failed capital T Tower the Ayelids tried to build (like White Gold in Imperial City) malfunctioning.

But there's also undead.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Berke Negri posted:

Rivenspire in DC has one of the cooler stories because its all about a failed capital T Tower the Ayelids tried to build (like White Gold in Imperial City) malfunctioning.

But there's also undead.
Yeah, Rivenspire is a pretty good zone, and so is the Alik'r Desert due to the change of scenery, even though it's even more undead.
For interesting zones when starting out either the EP or AD are good choices, the first because after Bleakrock it spends a fair amount of time in Morrowind and Black Marsh, while the latter because the overall story is more tightly-written and aside from Auridon, the locations are still nice.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Two questions:

1. Is there an easier way to manage my inventory? I have no idea what's worth keeping and what I should be getting rid of.

2. I installed that AUI mod from the OP but it seems to have gotten rid of the quest log from the UI. Is there any way to get this back?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I think I'll be going AD on Xbone myself. Gamertag is pvax

Hopefully this gets it's hooks into me, i've stayed away from MMO's for a while and dig TES universe. i'm usually in 'game mode' later in the evening Pacific Time if you want to add me.

pvax fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 8, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So if we're playing on console, we don't need to post PSNs/Gamertags/Friend Codes to get in a guild, right?

Right?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
How are the console controls so far?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Samunwise posted:

Been trying templar healer, it's pretty fun, but I get the impression that I need way more magicka than I have - even with 3/4th of my attribute points in it, and nothing but +magicka enchants I blow through my entire bar before a pack of enemies is done with and am relying on potions pretty heavily in dungeons. I'm working on light armor passives atm and putting together an "of the healer" set for the next few levels, is there anything I'm missing or are the pubbies I'm grouping with just good at losing health?

Use regen skills. I am only lvl 18 and no idea what I am doing really, but here is what I am messing with. I am running a Sword and Board/Resto, Imperial Templar at the moment.

In your class line-
Honor the Dead- 15% ability cost back over time when healing targets less than 50% health
Restoring Aura- just always have this slotted. Slotted it increases Magika and Stam regen by 10%, active by 20%. I usually keep it activated. I have not tried The Repentance Morph yet, but I think it might be very good for grouping. No cost, fueled by corpses. For solo I would need to switch to a more AoE build and do larger pulls I think.
Rune Focus---> Channeled Focus Morph... I don't have this yet, but it is a mitigation buff that restores Magicka. Mitigation is less healing.

In Resto-
Grand Healing---->Healing Springs Morph. Not as much healing, but Magicka regen.
Force Siphon--->Siphon Spirit. Again, don't have this yet, but it is another option.

Undaunted:
Blood Altar- this probably seems a waste, but it is 20% health regen and lasts a while.

I am mostly a self sustaining tank. Things die slowly, but I don't die. Since I am not a pure healer I have not invested in the class or resto passives, but they reduce both cost and restore Magika. If I were pure heal I would get those as available. I very rarely have to throw Ritual.

Experiment with which heals and buffs can still be cast with animation canceling. You can cast a Restoring Aura/Blood Altar combo very fast and basically always keep them up if you practice throwing a block right after them. I keep them running all the time in tough fights.

Same is true for a Healing Springs, Restoring Aura, Rushed Ceremony (and morphs) meaning you can cast these very quickly and always keep Aura up.

I have the Rite of Passage Ult on both bars and may morp it to Remembrance, which includes the mitigation. I have a lot of the mitigation passives.

I have an attack bar, with Aura slotted and a heal bar for the resto. I just flip and throw combos for heal. You could probably do a version that was not as attack heavy, with more Class healing on the first bar and more Resto on the second. Since I am also sort of tanking I have Stam attacks, but y might want something from Stam so you can be doing something if Magicka is low. I almost never run out of either Stam or Magika and only have one point in each at the moment. I also have a fair amount of Health gear, but if I were running Heals I would focus that in Magika I guess.

Keep in mind I have no idea what I am doing, but it seems to be working-ish. Not pure heal, but could be modified along the same lines I think.

FordPRefectLL posted:

Two questions:

1. Is there an easier way to manage my inventory? I have no idea what's worth keeping and what I should be getting rid of.

2. I installed that AUI mod from the OP but it seems to have gotten rid of the quest log from the UI. Is there any way to get this back?

Use Wykkds Quest tracker.

Install one of the filter add ons that lets you mark gear and automate gear marking. Can't remember which one does that. NThere are two. One works better. I will look it up next time I am in game.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 8, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I'm working on a Dunmer Templar currently and really enjoying reflective light as far as aoe that kills things fast go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FordPRefectLL posted:

Two questions:

Sell all white gear, deconstruct everything green and above. Even if you don't plan on getting into crafting it'll definitely help if you change your mind later on. Install the Master Merchant addon and join a trading guild. Once you get MM set up and it gathers data, you should be able to see if something is worth money by hovering over it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Berke Negri posted:

I'm working on a Dunmer Templar currently and really enjoying reflective light as far as aoe that kills things fast go.

I am using Solar Barrage because I am slow and bad and dont have to aim it at all... Plus anything that can help with the next attack and making my little one hand wep better is good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What's a good way to acquire improvement ingredients for crafting?

Is it just deconstructing stuff?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Chomp8645 posted:

What's a good way to acquire improvement ingredients for crafting?

Is it just deconstructing stuff?

1) Deconstruct stuff (but you'll rarely if ever come across legendary mats in the wild so)
2)Refining raw materials (not sure if level of mat effects this don't think so)
3) Crafting Writs
4) Hirelings

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll keep doing the crafting writs although they seem lackluster so far, but that might be because I'm only like level 20.

Also what does inspiration do? I can't figure that one out and I'm thinking it's a Veteran thing?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Inspiration is crafting exp.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think I need to join a trading guild from the sounds of it. How do I do that?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Post your @name and I'll see if my trading guild has open spots. They do have a weekly requirement though: either 10k in sales through the guild vendor or at least one 1300g deposit in the guild bank. This is so we can keep a competitive bid on our Mourhold trader, which is by far the best place to have a guild vendor.

However, the deposit also serves as a raffle ticket for the weekly raffle which is up to 250k in gold. They also do a different raffle that's 1000g per ticket and it's usually for rare stuff, like rare motifs, nirn items, or any one legendary level piece of equipment.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Sogol posted:

Restoring Aura- just always have this slotted. Slotted it increases Magika and Stam regen by 10%, active by 20%. I usually keep it activated. I have not tried The Repentance Morph yet, but I think it might be very good for grouping. No cost, fueled by corpses. For solo I would need to switch to a more AoE build and do larger pulls I think.

Repentance is a kickass morph for an AoE DPS trash-clearing bar. It's a blip towards feeling like a triform warshade (from City of Heroes) after clearing a tough dungeon pull, if you did well. You get that viscerally satisfying moment of your health and stamina just refilling while a bunch of yellow-green lasers hit you all at once.

The fiddly bit is, I think it scales from spell power still. If you're stacking weapon power it will be less potent per corpse, but if you're doing a Whirlwind build, odds are good there'll be a lot of corpses by the time you hit that button.

It's less useful during a fight but in many situations it'll be just enough to keep you going if the main healer drops. I'd go with the other morph as a tank or healer, though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah apparently Jesus Beam owns.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Reminder: no matter what faction you are in, you get to play through the storyline for every faction.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Jesus Beam is another ability entirely - it's the execute from the Bright Wizard solar magic skill line Templars get. It's pretty drat good if you want a single-target magicka attack that does more damage the lower your target's health is. (Which you do, as a Templar.)

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Post your @name and I'll see if my trading guild has open spots. They do have a weekly requirement though: either 10k in sales through the guild vendor or at least one 1300g deposit in the guild bank. This is so we can keep a competitive bid on our Mourhold trader, which is by far the best place to have a guild vendor.

However, the deposit also serves as a raffle ticket for the weekly raffle which is up to 250k in gold. They also do a different raffle that's 1000g per ticket and it's usually for rare stuff, like rare motifs, nirn items, or any one legendary level piece of equipment.

Hey thanks! My name is @naktl, but I cannot afford that yet. I never have any money since I really only have lowbies and am building infrastructure for all that. I deconstruct or use almost everything and then turn it into other stuff at present and probably will for awhile. Training horses, buying inventory to the extent that is economical, leveling multiple classes to learn game mechanics, etc. Thank you for the thought and explanation though. Maybe I can check back about it later?

Jesus Beam = the Backlash line?

Sogol fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 9, 2015

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Going AD with a friend on PS4. If any goons want to set up a guild at some point, post in here.

PSN: mgvsquared

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

FordPRefectLL posted:

Two questions:

Also of use, and I don't think in the OP:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info430-CDGBankStacker.html -- Auto deposit stuff already in your bank whenever you look at your bank
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info436-HarvensTraitandStyle.html -- Adds flair to the corner of items saying if you've already researched something or not. Also what style the equipment is, but that's less useful.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Who Dat posted:

Going AD with a friend on PS4. If any goons want to set up a guild at some point, post in here.

PSN: mgvsquared

I'd like to be in a guild. I was thinking of joining the one with the Dunmer, though.

my PSN is CuddlyZombie-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
I'd love to join a PS4 goon guild, if I ever connect to the game...

PSN : Extree

• Locked thread