Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

The Taint Reaper posted:

Third use of Optimus Prime mold

Second use of Dragstrip

Second use of Breakdown

Third use of Offroad

Fourth use of Dead End

Second use of Blackjack

Which means there's pretty much no chance me getting OP as Thunderclash, Dragstrip as Hurricane, Offroad as Scorch, Breakdown as Flash, and Dead End as Boss.
Dear Hastak: I will pay a good $300 plus my soul for this set if you release it as a stupid exclusive somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Oh, holy poo poo dude, I'm sorry. Schrodinger's Design Flaw.

If it's a stress crack, would shaving down those 45° corners at all places help in the future? I ended up doing that to Rattrap and FOC Prime for similar reasons, thanks to y'alls advice.

Looking closely at it, it's still structurally fine as long as the motion doesn't widen the gap, and it doesn't look like that's happening at this point. As long as it doesn't progress any further I will be okay with it. My MPs are mostly display pieces anyway.

Probably brittle plastic.

Maybe a little bit of crazy glue in the gap... not enough to make a tight join, but enough to bridge the two pieces? I don't want to mess the joint up with crazy glue though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Diet Poison posted:

Which means there's pretty much no chance me getting OP as Thunderclash, Dragstrip as Hurricane, Offroad as Scorch, Breakdown as Flash, and Dead End as Boss.
Dear Hastak: I will pay a good $300 plus my soul for this set if you release it as a stupid exclusive somewhere.

I would rule nothing out, especially after the AOE molds got way more repaints than that. Not only that but we got a full size complete G1 Ultra Magnus that is not a repaint or a remold......now is the time of dreams.

But Skylynx first before anything. Like It's hurting bad that I have all the 1984 bots but the 85 ones are missing a big part of their lineup.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Looking closely at it, it's still structurally fine as long as the motion doesn't widen the gap, and it doesn't look like that's happening at this point. As long as it doesn't progress any further I will be okay with it. My MPs are mostly display pieces anyway.

Probably brittle plastic.

Maybe a little bit of crazy glue in the gap... not enough to make a tight join, but enough to bridge the two pieces? I don't want to mess the joint up with crazy glue though.

Our two topics dovetail, as I've repaired a similar joint in g1 thunderclash's chest. The horrible one that's all gold plastic, no less. If it were me, I'd knock that pin out, repair the crack with epoxy, then use a round file to evenly widen the hole, and re-set the pin. That should provide a good-as-new fix.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/dx9-toys-d06-carry-color-plastic-prototype-image-182953/

Think I found the first 3rd party Masterpiece type figure I'd be interested in.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can't be worse than Flawedimus Prime. (Apologies if half of TFW has been calling him that)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Takara MP-10 hinge is intact. Hasbro plastic, maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who still needed that Blackjack? I saw one at Target so I picked it up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Just checked my Takara MP-10, hinges are OK.

Rhyno posted:

Well I ask because I've been picking up all these goofy oversized AOE knockoffs and saw there's an upscaled deluxe Drift

Roughly voyager sized. Actual Voyager drift turns into the copter doesn't he?

Yeah voyager drift is a remold of DOTM Skyhammer, an excellent mold. YMMV but I really like AOE deluxe Drift, very fun transformation and more poseable than you might expect. That upscaled one might prove cool.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
For some reason the local Walmart had Breakdown and Off-road on clearance for 9 bucks, so now I have an armless Menasor!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope they show Combiner Wars Seaspray,Brawn,Outback, and Beachcomber at Botcon or SDCC.

Seaspray is the only minibot to have zero representation in Generations thus far. And I hope we get him before they switch over to just releasing a shitload of Tape bots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seaspray got that awesome voyager though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Seaspray got that awesome voyager though.
That doesn't count to Taint Reaper unless they write Generations on the box.

also tape bots

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

That doesn't count to Taint Reaper unless they write Generations on the box.

also tape bots

Yeah it really doesn't it was Hunt for the Decepticons. I know Hasbro can do better now. :colbert:

I just got my Ultra Magnus from Amazon, he is just amazing in everyway. They could make a properly done Seaspray this time around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope they show Combiner Wars Seaspray,Brawn,Outback, and Beachcomber at Botcon or SDCC.

Seaspray is the only minibot to have zero representation in Generations thus far. And I hope we get him before they switch over to just releasing a shitload of Tape bots.

You're trying too hard, Taco.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Voyager Seaspray is awesome, you can put other dudes in the back and he carries them around.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Tighclops posted:

Voyager Seaspray is awesome, you can put other dudes in the back and he carries them around.

But he is not tiny nor blue and yellow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

You're meant to put Breacher in there, and Breacher is the King of Scouts.

Rhyno posted:

Who still needed that Blackjack? I saw one at Target so I picked it up.

Well, I was still waiting on one to show locally (that wasn't immediately snapped up), but I imagine cross-border shipping would be prohibitive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Well, I was still waiting on one to show locally (that wasn't immediately snapped up), but I imagine cross-border shipping would be prohibitive.

Canada? Yikes. I wonder if I could ship him in car mode and just stick him in a priority envelope or something, packed tight with bubble wrap.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Taint Reaper posted:

He is however better than any lovely old Beachcomber toy previous to him, so he's automatically the best.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Am I supposed to picture Taco of three penis wine or was that some other reference

Phy posted:

Legend will ship for like $6 USD, so yeah, not really a fun time.

Do TRU.ca and walmart.ca both refuse to ship to your area? Anyway Blackjack is about in the GTA, last time I read over the sightings forum. Aren't you here this monthish?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He has flippers man. Flippers!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's only tangentially related to this thread, but NPR's Planet Money did a thing on scalping that was interesting.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/06/03/411777635/episode-629-buy-low-sell-prime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

He has flippers man. Flippers!

Not G1 accurate, toboggan feet or bust.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Breacher is extremely good, but that Windcharger is the best Scout class. I got the Japanese two-pack with Wipe-Out (who is one of Trypticon's littlefellas in the Marvel comics, looks like a black and purple Tailgate there, only the mold used is straight Windcharger.

Man, that Legends Windcharger/Tailgate is so bad standing next to the Scout Windcharger. So bad.

I want a Voyager Seaspray. Or any good Seaspray, really.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just got my Ultra Magnus from Amazon, he is just amazing in everyway. They could make a properly done Seaspray this time around.

When did you order yours? I ordered mine yesterday right before posting the link here, and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The Taint Reaper posted:

He is blue and white and gold and was instantly recognizable as Seaspray to me when I bought him.

Phy posted:

I had no idea, these guys are great together, thanks!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spiderdrake posted:

Am I supposed to picture Taco of three penis wine or was that some other reference
He's vaerei archon, who was in goon squad alliance in WoW, had a character named takeda(that everyone called taco), and sounds exactly like Woody Allen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

When did you order yours? I ordered mine yesterday right before posting the link here, and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Amazon, I live near a delivery center so I get charged tax but this also means I get extra fast shipping.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Invictus posted:

and sounds exactly like Woody Allen.

oh my god does he really? :allears:

do you really, Taco?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Literally to mount the spoiler on his back?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Literally to mount the spoiler on his back?

They had to use that blue sticky stuff that teachers use to get the spoiler to stay up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

oh my god does he really? :allears:

do you really, Taco?
He will never admit it but yeah he's VA, yeah he sounds like Woody Allen, and yeah he's got WALLS OF ANIME and way too many Transformers(didn't he post a shot of just an entire wall of the drat things once?). I don't know how much of him is gimmick and how much of him is actually just that crazy, though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That is probably the least-sensical Combiner Wars repaint to me. I get that they had to repaint Blackjack into some Autobot to go with the Optimus versions of that torso mold, but spoiler gun aside he looks nothing like Rodimus, and Rodimus isn't the kind of character to be a little chest shield. It would have made a lot more sense just to pick some random minicar or micromaster to use. Hell, make him Hubcap, they haven't done a G1 Hubcap yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

He will never admit it but yeah he's VA, yeah he sounds like Woody Allen, and yeah he's got WALLS OF ANIME and way too many Transformers(didn't he post a shot of just an entire wall of the drat things once?). I don't know how much of him is gimmick and how much of him is actually just that crazy, though.

After reading through the responces, this is all sounding too crazy. Like nobody has ever heard me talk before online ever. Not only that I'm from texas.

I think someone else also asked me about the identity before and found nothing because the AD&D screen name sounds familair, but yeah you're barking up the wrong tree.

We're not even Steam Friends Invictus, if I played an online game with you before we would have been steam buddies.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Knormal posted:

That is probably the least-sensical Combiner Wars repaint to me. I get that they had to repaint Blackjack into some Autobot to go with the Optimus versions of that torso mold, but spoiler gun aside he looks nothing like Rodimus, and Rodimus isn't the kind of character to be a little chest shield. It would have made a lot more sense just to pick some random minicar or micromaster to use. Hell, make him Hubcap, they haven't done a G1 Hubcap yet.

Blackjack is a great figure so more of him is nice but...not like this. Not like this.....

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Y'all been taint reaped again.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Magnus gets here tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

A black and blue repaint as Roller would've been way better.