Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

triplexpac posted:

God drat it this Elite Airship is going to be the death of me.

I just ate the complete and moved on. Not wasting mithril on that long, drawn-out shitfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Just did an 11-pull on the new banner and... did not get a single 5 star item.

Call me prissy, but I think I'm done with this game for a while.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Don't spend money on this nostalgic cash grab freemium game :ssh:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Beasteh posted:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Backhand posted:

Just did an 11-pull on the new banner and... did not get a single 5 star item.

Call me prissy, but I think I'm done with this game for a while.

I've never paid but even with mythril, I don't do 11 pulls, you save up for ages and get invested in that funbux more than you would be in that much real money, probably. Took you way longer to earn it. Then you spend it on loving nothing. Single pulls are much more fun. Patience and maths are for scrubs anyway.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 8, 2015

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
If I'm playing this game while waiting for something in real life and I'm really enjoying it, I have no qualms about spending $1 to refill my ~75 stamina. If I started doing it multiple times per day I'd be concerned, but it's a well-made game. I'm fine with tossing the devs a few bucks every now and then.

But yeah don't spend $30 or whatever on an 11-pull.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Beasteh posted:

I didn't, just mithril. Nonetheless, 50 mithril takes a lot of loving time to build up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do I need a party of level 50s to finish the elite version of the Tidus event? Because I've just been doing the whole thing on Auto so far and I'm on the second to last part of the regular one.

e: my party is all in the low 20s and my only synergy atm is Wakka (I have some FFX equipment from the event but I've been too lazy to switch it in because of how easy the whole thing has been)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 8, 2015

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So I've hoarded 92 mythril in my first two weeks playing this and I'm wondering how the 11x relic pulls work in terms of item distribution. If I do the Locke FF VI pull before it expires then will all or the majority of items have FF VI synergy, or is it a mix of everything across all games with the only adjustment being a drop rate increase on the special 5* items that are in the relic banner?

Basically, is it worth doing the Locke pull with <2 days left in his event (relics come from all games), or should I be trying to do 50 mythril pulls only when I have a lot of time to use the synergy items in a newly launched event (relics are primarily from one game).

Thanks for any advice!

Edit: And how much emphasis should I put on having characters with special Soul Break items in the banner announcement? I don't have the majority of those with special SBs in this new one, but even if I drew like Sephiroth's masamune I'll use it on someone else and expect him to become available again in some future event yeah?

kalensc fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 8, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think I'm going to do my one-and-only 11 pull once I hit 50 mithril. The game is throwing so much at you right now, I figure I might as well give it a shot.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Did my 50 pull got two monk robes.. casters are set defensively. Did my "free" 5* for the quest on Brotherhood, got Soldiers Saber. no complaints.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So when/how do we get our Gil for sending out a roaming warrior?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I think I'm going to do my one-and-only 11 pull once I hit 50 mithril. The game is throwing so much at you right now, I figure I might as well give it a shot.

Wait for a different banner than the FFX one imo, unless you're going to hit 50 mithril today/tomorrow because the Locke banner has some really nice stuff.

Tidus' sword is good, the other 5* relics on his banner range from mediocre to godawful.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

kalensc posted:

So I've hoarded 92 mythril in my first two weeks playing this and I'm wondering how the 11x relic pulls work in terms of item distribution. If I do the Locke FF VI pull before it expires then will all or the majority of items have FF VI synergy, or is it a mix of everything across all games with the only adjustment being a drop rate increase on the special 5* items that are in the relic banner?

Basically, is it worth doing the Locke pull with <2 days left in his event (relics come from all games), or should I be trying to do 50 mythril pulls only when I have a lot of time to use the synergy items in a newly launched event (relics are primarily from one game).

Thanks for any advice!

Edit: And how much emphasis should I put on having characters with special Soul Break items in the banner announcement? I don't have the majority of those with special SBs in this new one, but even if I drew like Sephiroth's masamune I'll use it on someone else and expect him to become available again in some future event yeah?

I think that outside of the boosted 5* relics you'll have the same chances for an item as the free banner, but you have better chances at FF6 in general because there are a fuckton of 6-synergy items (FF12 is also more common for this same reason). Honestly though, I'd recommend pulling on the FF10 banner anyways because there is like zero farmable 10-synergy items.

Also, Soul-Break or no, a character's signature weapon is always crazy good and you should have them equipped unless you have that character's signature weapon or whatever Elite you're doing DEMANDS as much realm synergy as possible, which you probably aren't at that echelon of play anyhow. And yes, they always reissue event characters (Tidus was actually a reward for early-adopters of the game, along with a generic Warrior).

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Hmm, it doesn't say in-game that his RM II does 10% more damage. RM I never seems to proc for me, so I guess I'll equip the second one.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

dipwood posted:

Hmm, it doesn't say in-game that his RM II does 10% more damage. RM I never seems to proc for me, so I guess I'll equip the second one.

Yeah, what it actually does is replace the default attack action with the Aim ability, which never misses and has a 1.1 multiplier.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I think that outside of the boosted 5* relics you'll have the same chances for an item as the free banner, but you have better chances at FF6 in general because there are a fuckton of 6-synergy items (FF12 is also more common for this same reason). Honestly though, I'd recommend pulling on the FF10 banner anyways because there is like zero farmable 10-synergy items.

Also, Soul-Break or no, a character's signature weapon is always crazy good and you should have them equipped unless you have that character's signature weapon or whatever Elite you're doing DEMANDS as much realm synergy as possible, which you probably aren't at that echelon of play anyhow. And yes, they always reissue event characters (Tidus was actually a reward for early-adopters of the game, along with a generic Warrior).

OK, thanks for the input! I know I got lucky accumulating all this mythril with all the freebies they've been giving out as celebration rewards and the new quests and the First Time rewards; generally speaking how long would it take to accumulate 50 mythril for someone who's finished most of the dungeons? After reading a bit more about what can be obtained via the Tidus pull, I'm curious if I should wait it out until the next banner is revealed, or just get a batch of 3*+ equipment now and be able to tackle Hard levels.

If it matters, I have 5 lvl 25-30 characters and 2 low 20s, 1 5* item (Genji Armor) and I'm slowly putting together some 4* ++ and 4* + items from various event dungeon drops. I'm guessing a bunch of 3* relics would be more beneficial for me than someone who's been playing a while longer, so get them while they'll help the most yeah?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

What's the best resource for equipment creation and honing? I'm not sure if I'm being resource-inefficient if I level two identical items to 5/5 and then combine them, versus just leveling one of them to max and leaving the 2nd one at lvl 1 for the combination process. I assumed the experience on both would carry over to the 3* + item but wasn't able to tell for sure.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

What's the best resource for equipment creation and honing? I'm not sure if I'm being resource-inefficient if I level two identical items to 5/5 and then combine them, versus just leveling one of them to max and leaving the 2nd one at lvl 1 for the combination process. I assumed the experience on both would carry over to the 3* + item but wasn't able to tell for sure.

It doesn't. Only level the second item if you want copies of both to use (for example, I have two 15/15 rune axes and two 15/15 Swordbreaker daggers for use).

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

Do I need a party of level 50s to finish the elite version of the Tidus event? Because I've just been doing the whole thing on Auto so far and I'm on the second to last part of the regular one.

e: my party is all in the low 20s and my only synergy atm is Wakka (I have some FFX equipment from the event but I've been too lazy to switch it in because of how easy the whole thing has been)

You have no chance, you should be able to do a few of the first elites, get both the record materia, definitely by the end of the event.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tortolia posted:

It doesn't. Only level the second item if you want copies of both to use (for example, I have two 15/15 rune axes and two 15/15 Swordbreaker daggers for use).

Ah ok, good to know. Would have been nice to level both synergy armors from these events for separate use and then combbine them once the event was over.

drat, Zozo Elite boss just destroyed me, I think I may be nearing the limit of how far my ragtag team can go in that event.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ugh. After using all my growth eggs, I've got Wakka at 35 and Tidus at 27. Getting them up to level by the end of the event is going to be a pain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm only saving up mythril for a 11-pull because I'm mostly good on equipment at this point.

It'll probably be a bunch of staves and spears anyway :v:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Armitage posted:

I'm only saving up mythril for a 11-pull because I'm mostly good on equipment at this point.

It'll probably be a bunch of staves and spears anyway :v:

Or armor. Always with the armor. The first time I was like, "Oh, sweet, now I can solidly outfit my guys in 4* and 5* gear," but now I have so much armor that I could field a team of 10.

edit: It would totally undermine the entire gacha mechanic, but I wish I could pay mythril to trade items with friends.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Is there a goon list going for friends? My friend code is qgMN if anyone cares.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

click ye

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I need a gil dungeon baaaaaad.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gonna go after Red Dragon Elite today. My team is as follows:

Celes with Thunder Blade as weapon, Blizzard Strike and Poison as abilities
Lenna with Judgement Staff, Curaga, and Dia
Kain with Golden Spear, Magic Break, and Jump
Locke with Rising Sun, Armor Break, and Dark Buster
Terra with Gravity Rod+, Watera, and Blizzaga

Blizzard Strike and Blizzaga have 6 uses, everything else has 4 uses besides the white magic, which is at 10 for Curaga and 12 for Dia. Should I make any changes? Should I bring Status Reels as a summon to increase my own damage, or Sentinel Grimoire to keep me safe? Should I bite the bullet and hone Curaga again even though it costs mad cash? So many questions. I just want to be sure I'm ready.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Done with the regular event, got the memory crystals, now re clearing all of the daily stages for rewards. May have to wait until next week to get all of today's done. When are we getting the new dungeons? Will have to leverage the stamina refills to stay ahead of the daily and events.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
My team is in the mid-to-late 30s. No firebird for me. :saddowns:

Also, I want this to get ported to Vita or 3ds or something.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nephzinho posted:

When are we getting the new dungeons?

SoonTM. There hasn't been any notification for it, so it's at least two days away. Regardless, DeNA has shown that it doesn't mind shaking up the schedule to fit its own plans, so I don't think it's entirely safe to assume content will come in the same order that it did in Japan at all, any more, though I don't think they'll do anything ridiculously out-of-depth like throwing the Golbez event at us tomorrow or anything. I mean, this isn't Brave Frontier. :v:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 8, 2015

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Alxprit posted:

Gonna go after Red Dragon Elite today. My team is as follows:

Celes with Thunder Blade as weapon, Blizzard Strike and Poison as abilities
Lenna with Judgement Staff, Curaga, and Dia
Kain with Golden Spear, Magic Break, and Jump
Locke with Rising Sun, Armor Break, and Dark Buster
Terra with Gravity Rod+, Watera, and Blizzaga

Blizzard Strike and Blizzaga have 6 uses, everything else has 4 uses besides the white magic, which is at 10 for Curaga and 12 for Dia. Should I make any changes? Should I bring Status Reels as a summon to increase my own damage, or Sentinel Grimoire to keep me safe? Should I bite the bullet and hone Curaga again even though it costs mad cash? So many questions. I just want to be sure I'm ready.

I plan to try and take him out today as well. I didn't think to bring dia, might Slow/Slowga be more useful?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I plan to try and take him out today as well. I didn't think to bring dia, might Slow/Slowga be more useful?

Slowga would be useful if you don't have Delay Attack (from Tidus) or Mirage Dive (from Locke's relic); slow is nice there and you want a semi-reliable way of sticking it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

SoonTM. There hasn't been any notification for it, so it's at least two days away. Regardless, DeNA has shown that it doesn't mind shaking up the schedule to fit its own plans, so I don't think it's entirely safe to assume content will come in the same order that it did in Japan at all, any more, though I don't think they'll do anything ridiculously out-of-depth like throwing the Golbez event at us tomorrow or anything. I mean, this isn't Brave Frontier. :v:

Pretty much just trying to stay ahead of the clears while stockpiling Mythril - going to have 2 or 3 11 pulls by the time we get Golbez, Squall, Figaro brothers, or Hard Edge.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
The update this morning mentioned that the special event fight for Valefor is going to be added later, but it requires completing all the elite versions of Mi'ihen first. Anyone know what to expect from that fight?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PBnJamo posted:

The update this morning mentioned that the special event fight for Valefor is going to be added later, but it requires completing all the elite versions of Mi'ihen first. Anyone know what to expect from that fight?

It's a boss rush of all the elite bosses, basically. Each boss is coded to drop an Ether, so summons might actually see some use, but expect something not far off from Parade Float Elite.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It is going to be brutally hard.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Just unlocked Wakka's Blitz-Eye record materia on the fifth individual round of the event after earning his crystal.

Are the "randomly unlocked in X dungeon" record materia all that quick to unlock or did the RNG take pity on me?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Someone mentioned earlier that the latest relicx11 had a sub-standard assortment of increased-drop 5* gear. Is there a standard way of comparing these kinds of things besides looking up each individual item for their stats and checking your current party setup? I'd hate to drop 50 mythril on a pull that had a lower ceiling in terms of top gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Schwartzcough posted:

Hell, they give 3 of the 3* sword, for a poor man's 5*- that's an event first.

This doesn't become a regular thing but it happens in a few more events. IIRC Zack's event gives a trio of 3 star swords as well. It's really nice to be able to put together some 5 star gear over time since even ++ stuff will still be sufficient for most content.

Zurai posted:

Yeah, what it actually does is replace the default attack action with the Aim ability, which never misses and has a 1.1 multiplier.

Anyone who runs a melee heavy team is going to want this for the elite Amon fight that gives Kain's crystal because he evades physical attacks like crazy and Aim should overcome that.

Alternately, pray that his elemental weakness shifts to something you brough a lot of and try to nuke him down asap and hope your spellblades land more often than not.

KataraniSword posted:

I would be perfectly ok with getting Golbez's event tomorrow. Even though I'll probably never pull his Rune Axe like I did in Japan. :saddowns:

PBnJamo posted:

EX stages tend to be several levels consisting only of boss fights and the first EX stage is usually difficulty 99, same as the last Elite level.

• Locked thread