Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

chumbler posted:

Yeah, everything's been leaning hard toward Lucy being the heart of the guild now, and her becoming the new guild master would be a nice thing.

So we should all prepare to welcome new guild master Natsu, because this is the Natsu show about Natsu, where Natsu is the most important character who solves everything. Yes I'm a bit salty.

To be fair, even Lucy was unable and/or unwilling to try restoring Fairy Tail on her own. The only reason Fairy Tail is getting back together is because Natsu came back and got the ball rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Welp, there is an update for fairy tail and zero.

FT: As soon as the fight started I knew it was a precursor to Seventh Guildmaster Erza. Too bad they foreshadowed Lucy to the bitter end.

FT0: Finally revealed Mavis's friend is a ghost. Or an illusion made up by Mavis. The latter seems more harsh.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
A twist so telegraphed that when it came the telegram sistem got phased out and everyone now is writing emails.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

new chapter:http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/439/2808/1

So was this ridiculously powerful country ever mentioned before? Because I don't remember it and you'd think it come up. It's a pretty neat idea that that FACE was built to stop invasions from another country. It makes more sense that way. They were sort of operating on the mutually assured destruction idea.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
yeah i dont say it very often when it comes to this series but i like this development

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We certainly got our power creep set up nicely. :stare: Now the next few chapters will touch on the impending forgiveness creep.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I wonder if we'll see Ivan again in this arc.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who wants to bet on there being an Alvarez Jellal?

I like this development, but considering most guilds and members are pretty much chumps a 250 guild discrepancy doesn't really seem that bad. It'll just come down to the 50 or so mages on each side who can actually do something. Then FRIENDS. Then victory party/fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like the development if it is launching into a couple arcs of interaction and doesn't immediately turn into Natsu pasting smucker after mook until they declare friendship on a pile of bodies.

Because seriously the last couple arcs have been a bit too "I'm bored I wanna draw some tits wrap it up" for my tastes.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gyges posted:

Who wants to bet on there being an Alvarez Jellal?

I like this development, but considering most guilds and members are pretty much chumps a 250 guild discrepancy doesn't really seem that bad. It'll just come down to the 50 or so mages on each side who can actually do something. Then FRIENDS. Then victory party/fight.

I'm mostly just disappointed in Makarov for not having enough faith in his guild, considering some of the poo poo they've done. Sure, the odds seem unpossible, but when the gently caress has that ever mattered? And he himself has always been just as gung-ho as Natsu and the rest of the guild about the power of friendship allowing miracles, doing the impossible and doing things your own way. This could be an interesting idea in any other manga, but in this one I just have no faith it'll turn in to anything particularly good arc-wise. It will definitely lead to some decent comedy and two-page spreads though, which is what I'm here for.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
To be fair all problems so far have been about an order of magnitude smaller. And he does not have the privilege of genre savviness.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Im pumped because 730 new evil guilds has to add up to more titties than anything manga has ever seen.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Simoom posted:

Im pumped because 730 new evil guilds has to add up to more titties than anything manga has ever seen.

this arc will have important answers to important questions, like how many bras can natsu melt at once

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
This manga has the worst pacing and world-building I've ever seen outside of Kenichi. It's just loving absurd that week on week we meet this new hyper-powerful organization that we've heard absolutely nothing about before, and then Natsu punches their big-bad first time around for a KO. It's just bananas.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd be less annoyed if arcs would be resolved by literally anyone other than Natsu sometimes.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Nilbop posted:

This manga has the worst pacing and world-building I've ever seen outside of Kenichi. It's just loving absurd that week on week we meet this new hyper-powerful organization that we've heard absolutely nothing about before, and then Natsu punches their big-bad first time around for a KO. It's just bananas.

This a friend of a friend said such and such but supposedly the writer suffers from writers block. I think he's still struggling to figure out a proper story but he is getting there. There's now a few threads of a story happening and he's introducing more and more things.

I agree though, pretty poo poo pacing.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Suspicious Lump posted:

This a friend of a friend said such and such but supposedly the writer suffers from writers block. I think he's still struggling to figure out a proper story but he is getting there. There's now a few threads of a story happening and he's introducing more and more things.

I agree though, pretty poo poo pacing.

Sounds like he's from the Kubo-school and just invents new character when he runs out of ideas for story. Of course, he doesn't bother to invent serious powers for them, he just invents random variations on powers we've already seen and just has Natsu punch through them...

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I do feel like Mashima did unfortunately shoot himself in the foot a bit, since he decided that his big two core villains (Acnologia and Zeref) were mostly loners who didn't get involved in things. With Acnologia it kinda works in that he's treated like a walking disaster, and can just sorta pop in to wreck people's day. But with Zeref he's typically used to prop up a group's plot importance by association, never actually involved (if not slightly opposed), and right when the series seemed to be going somewhere with all that, its decidedly swerved away and then said 'Oh actually there's another continent out there that's totes dangerous and just went unmentioned'.

Mind you, that'll probably be easier to put together an actual story for, so even if this runs the risk of turning into canon filler (unless Zeref is ~behind everything~), it'll at least (hopefully) be more substantive a story that the immediate post-timeskip plot was.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
To be fair, the other continent was mentioned just nothing was ever done with it other than that. There was a world map or something at some point that showed Fioria, or whatever the kingdom is called, with other countries around it and another land mass that just never really come up otherwise.

Or my mind is just smashing together things to build false remembrances. I'm running too low on rad dragons pictures to keep things clear.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
All these weekly manga artists probably end up shooting themselves in the foot after making a few too many "Ok let's go with this so I can meet the deadline" decisions.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
They have mentioned the continent Ishgar. It just seems like there's never really been a point in bringing up Alvarez. I can't think of an arc where it would have mattered, and with Face being their safeguard, then they never had a reason to be concerned with Alvarez.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alvarez has a pretty cool HQ.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm sure this new unmentioned country has mages that're just like 10 times stronger than everyone even after like a zillion training/powerup arcs...and after they beat a here-to unstoppable guild of literal demons made to kill Edgelord McWizard.

Why do they care if this country takes over theirs anyway? I mean a society's a society kinda looks like. What's it to Fairy Tail if the management changes? Maybe the super badass militarized country could actually kill Zeref if they're so awesome? Why do we care again?

e: poo poo, I'd send them a letter

"Yeah we know you guys have been watching and some years back you saw us blow up our magic space laser doomsday weapon in a hellfire of reality distorting magic. We did that because followers of noted death god Zeref tried to take over it.

This is like one of like a dozen+ incidents involving Zeref followers and doomsday weapons and stupid poo poo Zeref himself left laying all over the loving place

point is there's a lot of fuckin Zeref worshippers here and we've just been loving up all of this magic poo poo they keep finding to start the apocalypse left and right. You might've noticed our OTHER doomsday weapon got destroyed by loving DRAGONS.

I guess if you want to inherit this shithole and deal with Zeref and his pet death dragon and his seemingly unending army of dipshit followers be our guest"

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 9, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Why do they care if this country takes over theirs anyway? I mean a society's a society kinda looks like. What's it to Fairy Tail if the management changes? Maybe the super badass militarized country could actually kill Zeref if they're so awesome? Why do we care again?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is friendship.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Gyges posted:

To be fair, the other continent was mentioned just nothing was ever done with it other than that. There was a world map or something at some point that showed Fioria, or whatever the kingdom is called, with other countries around it and another land mass that just never really come up otherwise.

Or my mind is just smashing together things to build false remembrances. I'm running too low on rad dragons pictures to keep things clear.

I vaguely recall one of the characters (I think it was the tree dude?) mention the western continent before. I think it he also said something about them being much more magically powerful than anyone of the current continent. So I guess it was foreshadowed, just really badly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

I'm sure this new unmentioned country has mages that're just like 10 times stronger than everyone even after like a zillion training/powerup arcs...and after they beat a here-to unstoppable guild of literal demons made to kill Edgelord McWizard.

Because under the current government Mage Guilds can do whatever the gently caress they want with only the barest oversight. Fairy Tail regularly wrecks whole towns and cities, and the most the Magic Council ever does is shake their fists like a comical Dean in a Frat Comedy being pranked once again by Sigma Theta Tau. Other guilds just practice insanely criminal levels of a abuse and terrorize those around them. And those are the completely legal and registered guilds, not the dark ones. Sounds like the Western guys aren't down for a wild west, might makes right, do what you want system. There might be actual rules and poo poo.

So I guess I'm saying maybe Alvarez are the good guys coming to liberate the oppressed muggle population of Fiore. No longer will a wizard be able to burn down your house, kill all your livestock, maim your daughter then point to the guild mark on his arm and laugh it off with his friends at your town's tavern. Which they then demolish in a brawl.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The new country will have a bunch of chicks with their tits spilling out who are arrogant and then Natsu says "don't gently caress with me" and punches through them.

FRIENDS

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

Because under the current government Mage Guilds can do whatever the gently caress they want with only the barest oversight. Fairy Tail regularly wrecks whole towns and cities, and the most the Magic Council ever does is shake their fists like a comical Dean in a Frat Comedy being pranked once again by Sigma Theta Tau. Other guilds just practice insanely criminal levels of a abuse and terrorize those around them. And those are the completely legal and registered guilds, not the dark ones. Sounds like the Western guys aren't down for a wild west, might makes right, do what you want system. There might be actual rules and poo poo.

So I guess I'm saying maybe Alvarez are the good guys coming to liberate the oppressed muggle population of Fiore. No longer will a wizard be able to burn down your house, kill all your livestock, maim your daughter then point to the guild mark on his arm and laugh it off with his friends at your towns tavern. Which they then demolish in a brawl.
this is a good twist and is what should happen.

Even though it doesn't explain why everyone seems to like Fairy Tail and continues to give them jobs despite the fact that every job taken by its principle members tends to end with entire cities/towns in ruin.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 9, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im glad Natsu is gonna punch this guy in the face.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Now THIS is how you do power creep: without even the slightest hint of restraint.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Gajeel continues to be best.

Also that guy has some amazing hair antennas.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Hmm

So the four kings are Plant Man, Wolf Man, Vampire Man, and..?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zogundar posted:

Hmm

God Man.

Now I know how Sabertooth and/or the God Slayers will be tied into this.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zogundar posted:

Hmm

Vampire man to me looks more like Vampire Hitler, though that's more than likely unintentional.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

Now THIS is how you do power creep: without even the slightest hint of restraint.

Ah, the "Toriko Principle".

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
ive been enjoying the last 2, maybe even 3 weeks of this series, so im glad Fairy Tail Zero manages to be so bad, and possibly for pedophiles so i remember not to start believing in hiro mashima

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Simoom posted:

ive been enjoying the last 2, maybe even 3 weeks of this series, so im glad Fairy Tail Zero manages to be so bad, and possibly for pedophiles so i remember not to start believing in hiro mashima

Fairy Tail Zero has been pretty good though? And it avoided the creepiness pretty well until the last chapter, which is out now http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail-zero/12/4

Zera being real is a nice touch

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I know they haven't founded Fairy Tail yet, but was this Zera chapter the conclusion of this series? I was hoping to see more, especially with Yuriy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Gajeel remains the man. Busting Levy's chops like it ain't not thang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Bad Moon posted:

Gajeel remains the man. Flirting with Levy like it ain't no thang.

Fixed that for you.

• Locked thread