Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ben Miller is literally a bigfoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

coming soon to Destination America friday nights, Ben Miller Bayou BBQ Bigfoot Bonanza: Amish Ghost Wrestling News

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
ben miller seems like an extremely huge doofus, making him perfect for this thread

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

ben miller seems like an extremely huge doofus, making him perfect for this subforum

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Crossing the line of pure class

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't understand the context. Either way, what the hell?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

the worst part of wrestling is often the fans

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They seem to have a loose grasp on how sex works which is more than I expected.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't understand the context. Either way, what the hell?

Velvet is pretty disliked on Mecca and the resuling posts are, presumably, the result of abstinence-only sex ed.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Garrett Bischoff is going to be Shinsuke Nakamura in ten years

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Count is probably not being serious on that one. He actually has a pretty good sense of humour about TNA's follies and is almost certainly sarcastic. He still drinks the Kool-Aid, but usually stops at one cup instead of sticking his whole head in the punchbowl like Nom or PhenomAJJones

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

If NXT can't be considered a separate promotion from WWE, does the same apply to LU and AAA?

E: Hell, LU doesn't even have a touring schedule.

If I had to vote now, I'd give LU my vote for best weekly television series for 2015 but I wouldn't put them on my ballot for best promotion because it is really just a TV show.

It's not just an AAA tv show though. There's obvious overlap in talent and one of the Roldans is involved in it's production, but there's definitely US TV people involved in production and creative as well. It's more of a partnership than a AAA brand.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

I will say that NXT isn't just a separate brand like Raw and Smackdown used to be. NXT is treated separately and their creative team is different, almost like the NJPW/NOAH relationship, and until recently was never mentioned unless someone got called up or they were hyping a Takeover (and even that's pretty recent too). Besides, a bunch of wrestling websites can make up whatever rules they want for what's "official". Nobody's necessarily wrong there. I don't know why it matters to some wrestlenerds when other wrestlenerds want to call it a different product. It's just one more goofy-rear end semantic to complain about.

Smackdown and Raw used to have different creative teams, ran on different tours, even had separate PPVs. Paul Heyman got in poo poo cause he listened in to a Raw creative team meeting once I think haha.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Paul Heyman got in poo poo cause he listened in to a Raw creative team meeting once I think haha.

The truth of this is even better. He actually wasn't listening in when they thought he was, but he had done so on every other single conference call they had before that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

The truth of this is even better. He actually wasn't listening in when they thought he was, but he had done so on every other single conference call they had before that.

perhaps do not take paul heyman at his word

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Interestingly timed:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

Interestingly timed:

"People don't come here to discuss ratings," may be one of the biggest lies I've seen come out of that website and that's saying something.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
"People don't come here to discuss what I'm currently banning people from discussing."

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

TNAMecca: "a safe place"

..but don't you dare mention Meltzer/Ratings/whatever we feel like today

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
we just need to ignore anything negative about the promotion we've arbitrarily decided to base our worldview around

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
What's the policy on +3's and +7's?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX posted:

TNAMecca: "a safe place"

..but don't you dare mention Meltzer/Ratings/whatever we feel like today

At some point yesterday im pretty sure he was deleting posts about Havok at NXT too.

A safe place....from reality.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

At some point yesterday im pretty sure he was deleting posts about Havok at NXT too.

A safe place....from reality.

Things you can't talk about : Meltzer, ratings, Dixie email, cancellation, Samoa Joe, Havok, Brodus Clay's terrible bumps, AJ Styles, late paychecks, phony contract renewals, GFW, Jeff Jarrett, Eric Bischoff, Hogan, Redneck Bigfoot/Amish Ghost Hunters, No PPVS, Free tapings, Taz, Grado, Viacom, Okada, anything that happened in a TNA ring before 2014

Things you can talk about : Eric Young and Billy Corgan.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 6, 2015

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey honey I got some condoms in the mail from my fans, let's give these fuckers a go!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

pfffft, please. like Bully dont already raw dog that rear end anyway

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

super macho dude posted:

pfffft, please. like Bully dont already raw dog that rear end anyway

Don't you understand? Velvet doesn't want to have kids and thus, obviously, condoms.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

goc posted:

Don't you understand? Velvet doesn't want to have kids and thus, obviously, condoms.

S

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Woodland Critters
I don't really see what's the big deal. Maybe because I grew up in a country where we all insult each other almost everyday and call each other a lot of different names, and we don't take it so serious. I'm regularly called racist names and my family will do the same thing to blacks, coloureds, Asians and Indians.

Chris Regal Moderator
Coloureds? Are those the little blue people who live in caves?

Woodland Critters
Brown people.

Chris Regal Moderator
You mean like Greeks and Italians?

Woodland Critters
No, like the colour of Obama's skin.

Chris Regal Moderator
Oh....so the coloureds are light-skinned blacks?

Woodland Critters
Yes, but we don't call them light-skinned blacks or just blacks. Just coloureds.

Chris Regal Moderator
Well, that's very thoughtful of you guys.

And then later in the discussion:

Chris Regal Moderator
You have to consider that he lives in South Africa. Those light-skinned blacks are an invasive species to them.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

jfc

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Woodland Critters
I don't really see what's the big deal. Maybe because I grew up in a country where we all insult each other almost everyday and call each other a lot of different names, and we don't take it so serious. I'm regularly called racist names and my family will do the same thing to blacks, coloureds, Asians and Indians.

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters
Brown people.

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters
Yes, but we don't call them light-skinned blacks or just blacks. Just coloureds.

Chris Regal Moderator

Chris Regal Moderator
You have to consider that he lives in South Africa. Those light-skinned blacks are an invasive species to them.

Not Allowed on TNAmecca: discussing TNA show ratings

Allowed: Casual racism from a white dude from loving South Africa

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://youtu.be/AZjwCmJrnlY

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Woodland Critters

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters
Brown people.

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters

Chris Regal Moderator

Woodland Critters

Chris Regal Moderator

Chris Regal Moderator

do you have a link to this? I wanna toss it over to Right Wing Watch.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hey just so everybody knows, and it might seem weird to you since it's not 1955, but 'Coloured' is one of the five official racial groups of South Africa when they take the census. That being said, I have no idea where that last line about invasive species comes from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_South_Africa

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Because a bunch of white Dutch settlers moved there and then retroactively claimed all of South Africa was empty when they got there, thus making the Black South Africans the immigrants in loving Africa.

It's what racists say to excuse South African racism.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

Hey just so everybody knows, and it might seem weird to you since it's not 1955, but 'Coloured' is one of the five official racial groups of South Africa when they take the census. That being said, I have no idea where that last line about invasive species comes from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_South_Africa

....huh. So I'm guessing Leo Kruger and the Darewolf PJ Black fall under that peculiarly named demographic?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

do you have a link to this? I wanna toss it over to Right Wing Watch.

I stole that content from the board. The Mecca is pretty tough to link to anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I might be giving him too much credit, but it seemed to me like Chris Regal was mocking the South African guy who was saying coloured for his countries weird, out of date stance on race.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I might be giving him too much credit, but it seemed to me like Chris Regal was mocking the South African guy who was saying coloured for his countries weird, out of date stance on race.

I don't think he's that self aware.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stop Tweeting Dave!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with