Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

admataY posted:

Guys, are we going to just pretend the yeti thing didn't happen ? I know we are still hurting and trying to figure out in what way meatloaf touched us all , but we can no longer live in denial that something magical, possibly Canadian , happened .

Hey don't blame us for that! Blame a weirdly intense Meat Loaf.

Seriously, it's like he's trying for an Oscar or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

In favorite shorts

I like Cork Crashes and whatever. An incredibly Irish man saying long strings of nonsense over old racecar footage

Setting up a room of course.

What it means to American. Bob crane studying for a us geography test

Also unto the least of these for the weirdly cool guitar and the Texas A&M shoutout

Oh and Call it Free. A very dense woman and the gas station owner who loves her

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 17, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I keep thinking of at least one more.

What's the one with the dudes singing about pork for the shrill lady who doesn't know if pork comes from cows or chicken

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PrinceRandom posted:

I keep thinking of at least one more.

What's the one with the dudes singing about pork for the shrill lady who doesn't know if pork comes from cows or chicken

Three Magic Words.
http://www.rifftrax.com/three-magic-words

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Hey don't blame us for that! Blame a weirdly intense Meat Loaf.

Seriously, it's like he's trying for an Oscar or something.

The Yeti movie felt odd to me because... okay, the whole thing was odd. But what stood out for me was that it was ostensibly a children's movie, yet the writers seemed to think that what kids really wanted was less of the titular main character monster doing wacky monster stuff, and lots lots more of Meatloaf staggering around on camera, chewing on the scenery. I guess operating the puppet was expensive? The whole movie feels like it was filmed over a long weekend (possibly on a bet), but with the sheer number of scene changes you realize that no, they really did cart Meatloaf and a weird little puppet (oh, and a Yeti too) around and filmed an actual full length film around them.

Honestly, given the amount of screen time Meatloaf was getting I was half-expecting some kind of third act face turn, like maybe the evil kid doublecrosses him and he works with the good kid to get the yeti back or whatever. But no, just more Loafing.

That short always makes me wonder: that whole short feels like a Beatles movie, in that its banking on the popularity of the singers and their songs to carry the lukewarm humor and contrived story. And "The Jesters" aren't that bad, really. So were they really the talk of the town, some 70 odd years ago? Was there a time before they were consigned to the dustbin of history when the world was their oyster, and their names were on everyone's lips? Are "The Jesters" the Ozymandias of acapella groups?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
When you realize that To Catch a Yeti was partially written and produced by Lionel Shenken, and is really just an Emmeritus film with a slightly bigger budget, it all starts to make sense.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

MachineryNoise posted:

When you realize that To Catch a Yeti was partially written and produced by Lionel Shenken, and is really just an Emmeritus film with a slightly bigger budget, it all starts to make sense.

Thanks for this; it really does help clear up the films pedigree. I wonder what the pitch was like?

"No more factory line films for me! It's time I created my magnum opus. A real budget, filming on location, and we'll head it up with a big name star!"

Three days later:

"Really? The best we can do is Meatloaf? gently caress it, let's just this in the can."

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

With all of the great releases in the nine months since I made my first top ten list, I decided to update it.

http://www.pbandawesome.com/2015/05/my-new-top-ten-rifftrax-b-movie-releases.html

Now comes the part where you tell me how wrong I am.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Canned Panda posted:

With all of the great releases in the nine months since I made my first top ten list, I decided to update it.

http://www.pbandawesome.com/2015/05/my-new-top-ten-rifftrax-b-movie-releases.html

You included Santa Claus and didn't praise Craig. Shameful.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Double Agent posted:

You included Santa Claus and didn't praise Craig. Shameful.

:negative:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky38LHG7q8A

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So, I just became acquainted with the movie Frogs...and, uh...

Why the gently caress hasn't this been riffed yet??

I mean, it's got ludicrous death scenes, random cutaways to frogs, an amazingly young and mustacheless Sam Elliot (as far as I knew he was born grizzled), and just....wow.....

I know it was reviewed here about 11 years ago, but oh my God, rereedrumr...Conor...make this poo poo happen. By god, it's glorious in its insanity.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I mean, it's got ludicrous death scenes, random cutaways to frogs, an amazingly young and mustacheless Sam Elliot (as far as I knew he was born grizzled), and just....wow.....

I know it was reviewed here about 11 years ago, but oh my God, rereedrumr...Conor...make this poo poo happen. By god, it's glorious in its insanity.

I watched this a while back with some friends, and before the movie started I was all, "What are the frogs going to do? Bump things off high shelves to kill their victims?"

And that was exactly what happened.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Y'know, between Maniac and The Magic Christmas Tree we have two cat owners that name their cat after the Devil. Is this like a thing with cat-owners? I mean sure it fits the little buggers well, but I wouldn't think cat-owners in real life would be that self-aware. Then again, the films that get riffed don't get selected for their authenticity, so maybe it's just a writer thinking he's clever.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

e: If you're willing to try off-brand this group riffed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EArfdTc9QRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kFnmKyYS8
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriff/hor-riff-ic-frogs

bobservo posted:

I watched this a while back with some friends, and before the movie started I was all, "What are the frogs going to do? Bump things off high shelves to kill their victims?"

And that was exactly what happened.

IIRC they actually subcontracted that job to the lizards.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 27, 2015

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CrimsonAuthor posted:

e: If you're willing to try off-brand this group riffed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EArfdTc9QRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kFnmKyYS8
http://www.rifftrax.com/iriff/hor-riff-ic-frogs

IIRC they actually subcontracted that job to the lizards.

Yep. And they all were making this face: :newlol: as they engaged their kamikaze attack.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Canned Panda posted:

I watch Ghosthouse thanks to your recommendation, and really enjoyed it.

I think my go-to VOD to watch just to have something on is "The Curse of Bigfoot". It's basically the "Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny" of horror films.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I haven't followed Rifftrax for a while, everytime I go back to the site it seems like it's the offbrand stuff on the front, which to me is kinda bad for branding, regardless of how good the 3rd party stuff is. Is this mostly unfounded or....

it doesn't help that it seems they don't do as much of their own stuff as much

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Huh?

They release new stuff almost weekly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

therealjon_ posted:

Huh?

They release new stuff almost weekly.

The latest movie is those two fan British losers though.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The latest movie is those two fan British losers though.

Oh, for fucks sake. Yeah, the last one was. The last 5? 10? 20? + was from Mike, Bill, and Kevin. If not more. You useless oval office. Sorry, you useless dick. ((I hate to be gender specific in my hate. (yes, that is sarcasm.))

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 31, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think the to catch a yeti parents are the worst parents on film

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

PrinceRandom posted:

Really? Worse than Carrie White's mom?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

PrinceRandom posted:

Which parents? There were two sets of parents, and both were pretty lovely.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PrinceRandom posted:

Worse than Joan Crawford?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
New VOD: Rock and Roll Nightmare

Featuring the return of Jon Mikl Thor from Zombie Nightmare and a character named, I poo poo you not, Roger Eburt.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

I've seen this one before, I really like the ending. Hopefully the Riff is good!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Holy poo poo! Rock N Roll Nightmare! That movie is insanely awful! Gotta get this riff.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The last ten minutes of Rock n Roll Nightmare is pure unbridled insanity. The ending also has the absolute worst "fight" choreography I've ever seen. Great riff, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Piper posted:

The last ten minutes of Rock n Roll Nightmare is pure unbridled insanity. The ending also has the absolute worst "fight" choreography I've ever seen. Great riff, though.

It really makes The Guy From Harlem look like Ali vs. Frazier.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Piper posted:

Yeah that was...something. Everything before that was like, 'yeah I've seen all this before in lovely horror movies but it's so bad it's good.' Then Thor is like, 'ah ha Satan! I'm some sort of super powered angel rock god and I made all this poo poo up!'

I totally didn't see it coming at all.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I'd love to see them do Home Sweet Home, just look at it.

http://youtu.be/OpyMPBsKZT8

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah that was...something. Everything before that was like, 'yeah I've seen all this before in lovely horror movies but it's so bad it's good.' Then Thor is like, 'ah ha Satan! I'm some sort of super powered angel rock god and I made all this poo poo up!'

I totally didn't see it coming at all.

But did you accept the challenge?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, FIFA made a movie about itself and the movie bombed. Is there any hopes it'll be good material for Rifftrax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjeD-Jqd2s

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

RandomPauI posted:

So, FIFA made a movie about itself and the movie bombed. Is there any hopes it'll be good material for Rifftrax?

Mike and Kevin and Bill are Americans so nope. Of the many references they've made to pop culture over the years, have they ever made a soccer reference?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

InfiniteZero posted:

Mike and Kevin and Bill are Americans so nope. Of the many references they've made to pop culture over the years, have they ever made a soccer reference?

WTF is this poo poo?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Omnishambles posted:

WTF is this poo poo?
Good point, soccer is by far the most popular sport in Minnesota.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

InfiniteZero posted:

Everyone and their mother has done a 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!' joke at some point.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

they did murdered colombian soccer players jokes in the great Walken movie McBain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Paper Kaiju posted:

Everyone and their mother has done a 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!' joke at some point.

This is true, but can that joke last for 90+ minutes?

Omnishambles posted:

WTF is this poo poo?

Personally, I've got an AS Roma poster on my wall but if I stopped 100 people on the street in Minneapolis and asked them what AS Roma is, I bet I might find 1 person if I'm lucky. Soccer as a sport isn't a big thing in the US, jokes about the structure of the governing body aren't going to fly from the creators or with the audience there either, sorry. I'm not saying that's good, but that's the way it is.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 8, 2015

• Locked thread