Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Spoiler heavy scene of the climax, get it while it's available (more buildup of the Release the Raptors shot from the trailers and some stuff after that)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=838665596216584&id=664078803675265&refsrc=http://t.co/4f7KYTJIIW&_rdr

So what was this exactly? Know where else I could see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

ApexAftermath posted:

So what was this exactly? Know where else I could see it?

It's Owen giving the raptors the scent off the I-Rex's tracking implant it clawed off like they're bloodhounds, getting them pent up and releasing them to follow them to wherever the thing's hiding. There's not a lot of stuff happening and I don't remember there being any dialogue but it's pretty tense--you can tell ~awesome stuff~ is just around the corner.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Also, a dude pushes a button to make stuff happen, and his expression cracked me up.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Also, a dude pushes a button to make stuff happen, and his expression cracked me up.

He's wincing like that because he's the same poor shmuck who got dragged into the raptor pen in this clip

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

He's wincing like that because he's the same poor shmuck who got dragged into the raptor pen in this clip

You're right! That makes it even better, thanks for pointing it out to me.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In Jurassic Park it's explicitly stated that any technology Dr. Grant gets near goes to crap (see the ground-penetrating radar scene). Is Dr. Grant (by his mere presence) responsible for the failure of the whole park?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harald posted:

In Jurassic Park it's explicitly stated that any technology Dr. Grant gets near goes to crap (see the ground-penetrating radar scene). Is Dr. Grant (by his mere presence) responsible for the failure of the whole park?

Doctor Grant is a switch. If it's on he turns it off. If it's off he turns it on (the fence scene).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Moasaur: *grabs a Pteradon* Though you'd need some help
Rexy: "I work alone!" *Rampages off*

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...10-years-2015-6
I love how batshit insane Jack Horner is

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

if you don't want to breed chickens to make a dinosaur then I don't even know what to say.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Harald posted:

if you don't want to breed chickens to make a dinosaur then I don't even know what to say.

I've already put up with a cat for a decade I'm totally ready for a chicken sized raptor.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like we have a tech demo for an Operation Genesis spiritual successor coming out soon, the demo will basically be like playing the Site B mode it looks like.

quote:

In the demo you will be able to build simple parks, having characters giving you the task of testing the animals on the island. You have a handful of placeable buildings, some of them being helipads, jeep depots, hatcheries, laboratories, fences, roads, docks and a few others. You can create two animal species, Tyrannosaurus and Gallimimus (the demo roster will be expanded with future updates), you will be able to watch them interact with one another and wander around the island. You will also be able to drive a helicopter and a jeep. There will also be other basic features that we want to leave as a surprise.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 5, 2015

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I better be able to hire cleaners into a t-rex pen and watch them get torn apart without the risk of park closure because cleaners don't count somehow.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
All I want to know is if we'll be able to see the thoughts of guests and staff.

If a cleaner got picked up by a tornado in OG, their thought would be "this cleaner shall clean no more!" which is one of my favourite things from a video game.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Harald posted:

Great, now I'm imagining Sam Neill as a Dresden Files wizard.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Only a few more days now! Think it opens next Thursday.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I managed to get myself to be excited about this after reading up on the makings of.
Being written and produced by the people behind the nu-Planet of the Ape films and the director seems to be a genuinely swell guy that cares about the franchise.
I'm still iffy on the trained raptors and the I-Rex though.

Also, pre-ordered LEGO Jurassic World. :negative:
I'm such a whore for dinosaur games.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Saw this in Waterloo Station today:

It was growling and shaking. Cute.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ESPN threw Richard Sherman into the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INuLOy4LBOM

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Darko posted:

lol

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I hope this movie succeeds solely so that we get a bunch of higher profile games with dinosaurs in them that don't suck rear end.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

I've known about him wanting to reverse engineer chickens into dinosaurs for a while. Now... if you wanted to go full on mad scientist... you would do this to an eagle or a bearded vulture or cassowary instead. :getin:

Looking at a Cassowary is like looking at an honest to god living dinosaur, and zookeepers literally have to go into their pens with riot shields.

Also here is a pic of a bearded vulture photoshopped into a raptor:

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Mr. Flunchy posted:

They got out. Clever girls.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Darko posted:

This is beautiful.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hemp Knight posted:

They got out. Clever girls.

Do the raptors move? That's awesome

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I remember going to a special dinosaur exhibit at the Omaha Children's Museum when I was a kid on family vacation and they the exact thing and it was terrifying walking by it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I remember going to a touring animatronic dinosaur exhibit at our local science museum when I was a kid in the mid-90's and loving it. They had (actual size) animatronic raptors robbing a nest and a dilophosaur (sans frill of course) and it was loving humongous which blew me away because Jurassic Park had taught me that dilos were fairly small and this thing was like a double-decker bus.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

I remember going to a touring animatronic dinosaur exhibit at our local science museum when I was a kid in the mid-90's and loving it. They had (actual size) animatronic raptors robbing a nest and a dilophosaur (sans frill of course) and it was loving humongous which blew me away because Jurassic Park had taught me that dilos were fairly small and this thing was like a double-decker bus.

I totally saw that travelling exhibit too! They also had a life sized triceratops statue set up in front of the museum in my city!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

We had a triceratops too, but it was wounded and fighting an actual-sized T. Rex which was awesome.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Stare-Out posted:

We had a triceratops too, but it was wounded and fighting an actual-sized T. Rex which was awesome.

The greatest sin of the Jurassic Park sequels has been the lack of a Rex/Trike fight scene.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trikes and stegos are criminally underrepresented in the Jurassic Park world. The stego scene in The Lost World was nice but some dino-on-dino battle action would be slick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

I remember another year when I went to Omaha their regular Museum (which honestly is pretty bad, I mean they don't even have dinosaurs) did the whole animatronic dino exhibit and they had a lifesize T-Rex and it was both awesome and terrifying :stare:

Speaking of Omaha highly recommend the zoo their, every Summer I make it a mission to go there and it always delivers

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I bought this for my kid yesterday

I also am so happy that they re-issued the original JP Diecast jeeps that I bought one for myself too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lloyd Boner posted:

The greatest sin of the Jurassic Park sequels has been the lack of a Rex/Trike fight scene.
Play the Jurassic Park game from a couple years back, you get a Rex/Trike throw down and it's pretty great.

FCKGW posted:

I also am so happy that they re-issued the original JP Diecast jeeps that I bought one for myself too.
Stegoceratops 4 lyfe!

I was much more accepting of that thing once someone pointed out to me that it's not a Stegosaurus/Triceratops mashup, because I was looking at it and saying "wtf, why are the horns curved like a bull?"
That's because it's not a triceratops, it's a nascuoceratops (I'll double check the spelling later), which actually does have curved bull horns.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

FCKGW posted:

Battle Damage should go all out and just make a toy with half it's flesh torn off and rib cages sticking out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SirDrone posted:

Battle Damage should go all out and just make a toy with half it's flesh torn off and rib cages sticking out.
Already done back in 1997 with the Lost World Allosaurus, who you could practically dissect.

It was especially funny because it came with an operating table so your group of plucky humans could nurse the Allosaurus back to health.
You know, after its leg had been bitten off and its rib cage was removed. :gibs:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

God, all this makes me wish I still had my old JP figures. I don't know what the Hell happened to all of those.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I keep reading the thread title as Jurassic World - Fruitvale Station. I wonder if a defenseless dinosaur gets executed in this movie?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the soundtrack has been released, listening to it on spotify at the moment, it's not bad at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I guess this will open tonight in (at least some parts of) China, and I've got my tickets. Really excited, as the first Jurassic Park is - of course- one of my favorite films ever.

What I'm worried about is the censors. I caught the first JP when it was released theatrically for the first time ever here, and thanks to the edits they made, Mr. Arnold walks off the screen and is then never seen or heard from again. Genaro also doesn't slip up and talk about auto-erotica, but I think that's more a case of the joke not working in Chinese than an issue of "moral cleanliness."

I'm expecting not to have too much cut, but we've had things like Kingsman come out here where entire sequences are gone.

e: Yeah, I watched the whole thing.
https://youtu.be/d0dbJj6x0eU

Minus1Minus1 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 9, 2015

• Locked thread