Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Well Warlock survivability in epics, at least, just got wrecked.

quote:

Tier 4 (replacing CMW SLA):

Brilliance: Your Aura provides you and nearby allies with Temporary HP equal 10+(Warlock Level) every time it ticks. These Temporary HP stack with all sources other than Brilliance itself.

Tier 5 (replacing Break Forth):

Shining Through: (Target: Self) Gain 100 Temporary HP which last for ten minutes. Each Epic level adds an additional +25. For 20 seconds, you gain +25 Sacred bonus to Healing Amplification. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds. SP Cost: 8)

If Brilliance stacked up to a specific number it might actually be good (probably too good), as is you're likely going to get chipped away with no real way to heal outside of scrolling/blade reconstruct/cocoon. Which is a real shame.

Have to see how it actually plays with the Soul Eater heal and all, but while it's far more thematic to not be casting actual Cures and having unique abilities is good, I'm just not sure how much fun it'll be.

It does free up some points for a caster build though, it's questionable if going to tier 4 instead of just 2 is worth it for Medium armor and 3d6 light damage on blasts.

Also current plan is new build on Wednesday.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
Welp, that kinda kills their soloing viability imo. I really really enjoyed having a cmw sla.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Now if warlocks want abusive healing slas they will have to be a bladeforged like everyone else.

The cmw sla was probably a little op, and it was certainly out of character for a warlock, but replacing it with a small amount of temp hp is a lovely solution. 25-30 temp hp every 2-4 seconds is garbage at epic levels.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Have to see how Life Drain or whatever in Soul Eater plays, but last I heard it has a 20 second cooldown, so even if you can get it landing for a solid amount it's not going to be competitive healing really. Which is unfortunate. But hey 18/2 Bladeforged lets you abuse your high charisma to get great saves!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Where is S&B Fighter at right now?

I'm looking around online, and half the people are saying it's useless, just facetank with THW. The other half are saying it's great/good fun in solo, if it falls off a bit in raids. Then you have people saying the AC needed to do anything in lategame is too high/enemies can't be damaged by S&B, with others saying you can basically just outlast everything in solo. And on top of that, there are people saying it's the second highest damaging spec for melee outside of THW thanks to the addition of Single Weapon Fighting, while others are saying Single Weapon Fighting doesn't apply to the Fighter thanks to the shield.

I like shields, even though I don't really care about defense much. What can I expect if I go 1h/shield Fighter?

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 9, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I should probably test that out while Lamannia is up. As I basically found the same. Everyone is either saying it's the greatest thing ever or just stick to Single Weapon Fighting instead of Bastard Two-handed Fighting.

Edit: You're almost certainly better off as some sort of paladin shield user though.

Edit2: And it's not going to be as bad as before in the worst case. All the double strike from shields and the extra PRR and MRR will make you decently extra defensive. It's just not likely to come out ahead of SWF for DPS or even THF really. It's totally a viable character design instead of being completely useless like before Vanguard.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 9, 2015

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I am doing S&B as a paladin right now, and its very solid. Higher defence and PRR than non shield builds, a good stun and knockdown, and nice passive boists to damage. Plus I can respec to the KotC paladin tree, and still be viable for some versatility in *how* I deal my damage, though its admittedly not optimal. Definitely tougher to take down than a lot of other builds too.

That said I am at the level where I once again really wish I had trap skills, but aside from that I can usually live long enough to heal after each fight and I am definitely ramping up in power much more than some other lives I have done (like Artificer).

If you are set on Fighter as the main class I strongly recommend a rogue or artificer splash so you have some versatility to make your life easier. There is favoured class penalty when multiclassing so don't sweat that.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
When some one can - can I get a promotion in the guild? I've come across a couple goons in game who wanted invites into the guild when I was the only one on.

Irieaja

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

quote:

Brilliance: Your Aura provides you and nearby allies with a Determination bonus to Temporary Hitpoints equal to your Constitution score. If you are level 20 or higher, this effect is doubled.

This should bring a more even scaling across Heroic and Epic.

Shining Through: Gain a Sacred bonus to Temporary Hitpoints equal to 15x your Constitution Score that last for up to 10 minutes. For 20 seconds, you gain +25 Sacred bonus to Healing Amplification. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds. SP Cost: 8)

That's CON, not CON modifier.
As said before, these stack with other sources of Temporary HP

We've been running a few different (mostly Pure Warlock) builds through Epic Elite content (TOEE, Halls, Orchard) primarily using these two abilities and Cocoon for survivability, and even on non-optimized builds they seem to hold up fine.

That's not too bad. You can use scrolls to heal the damage that gets through I guess. Still not sure how well it'd hold up in EE, but for EH getting 70+ temp hp every 2-3 seconds is plenty. Of course it requires you to have Aura going, which still makes it not worth it for the majority of people.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 9, 2015

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Don't forget to join the in game chat either, nobody uses guild chat. /goons only!

Also if anyone has shield fragments from Necropolis quests that they arent doing anything with, hook me up! I am not super rich (and the few listed for auction are insanely overpriced) but I will pay some amount of plat for each fragment.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

New build is up:

quote:

• NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): The initial "hitch" when starting the Eldritch Blast attack chain has been removed.
  • NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): The initial Eldritch Blast attack has been sped up slightly.
  • NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): The speed of most forms of the Eldritch Blast projectivle has been increased.
  • NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Eldritch Chain now smashes breakables.
  • Two new Epic Feats have been added for Warlock:
    • Epic Eldritch Blast: +2d6 Eldritch Blast Die. Requires 21 Character levels, 12 Warlock levels.
    • Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast: +2d6 Eldritch Blast Die. Requires 26 Character Levels, 12 Warlock levels, completed XP for at least one Arcane Epic Destiny.
  • Warlock Past Life, Passive: +3 MRR. Selected: Delver of the Forbidden: You recall more about your past life as a Warlock. You gain +3 to your Spellcraft skill. You can Confuse an enemy for 12 seconds (no saving throw). This can be used ten times per rest.
  • Weapons will no longer display while a Warlock is using its Eldritch Blast.
  • Warlocks can now take Dark Discorporation as a level 3 spell.
  • Evard's Black Tentacles is now a level 4 spell option for Warlocks.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So according to the wiki, I should be able to grab Haste/Slow/Displacement at Bard l3. However according to the character planner I'm messing around with, even with Bard 3, I can only choose Level 1 Spells.

So which is it in game?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Rookersh posted:

So according to the wiki, I should be able to grab Haste/Slow/Displacement at Bard l3. However according to the character planner I'm messing around with, even with Bard 3, I can only choose Level 1 Spells.

So which is it in game?

Not sure what you are looking at, but you don't get 3rd level spells as a bard until 7th level.

Don't bother with Slow, you want Haste/Displacement. (And at 8th level I'd take Good Hope, it gets eclipsed later but is a long term buff at that level)

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
Back to the game after around 3 years and nearing TR again.

Need some advice on how to make a 12(11) cleric, 3(4) fighter, 5 bard battle cleric work and which would be the better split. Current plan is drow using short sword for favored weapon bonus with warpriest to Ameliorating Strike, tier 5 swashbuckler, everything else into vanguard using SWF with a buckler.

What I've read has been all over the place with recommending more bard levels or dropping fighter entirely to do 12/8 cleric/bard. From what I understand the cleric vs fighter level is basically 1/1 & 2 spell slots vs combat feat and the higher bard levels would be for +1 to inspire & displace/haste in exchange for vanguard & 2 feats.

I like the concept of my current build but I'm also open to other/better battle cleric or even FVS builds since it doesn't look like Radiant Servant positive energy aura is even taken by these builds anymore.

prinnylaharl fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 12, 2015

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!

prinnylaharl posted:

I like the concept of my current build but I'm also open to other/better battle cleric or even FVS builds since it doesn't look like Radiant Servant positive energy aura is even taken by these builds anymore.

Might not be to your tastes since it's more to just get the cleric life done than to actually be a cleric, but this is the dumb build I was planning if I ended up going melee for that TR:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kalas posted:

Not sure what you are looking at, but you don't get 3rd level spells as a bard until 7th level.

Don't bother with Slow, you want Haste/Displacement. (And at 8th level I'd take Good Hope, it gets eclipsed later but is a long term buff at that level)

Yeah, realized that after fiddling around with the editor a bit.

Kind of curious how I want to build this guy now.

I appreciate all the people saying Paladin, but honestly it sounds like it's more then a little flavor of the month due to some recent buffs. I'd rather not suddenly make a Paladin, only for it to lose everything that made it "great" by the time I'm doing endgame stuff.

Rogue is obvious for the Open Lock/Disarm Trap skills, but how far do I take him? Even with the armor bonuses I'd get from wearing Heavy Armor/being a Fighter, having 25% dodge/50% dodge would surely be a benefit. But that's a 4/8 level investment into Rogues.

Someone mentioned how powerful Displacement is as well, and looking at it, it'd also be nice on a melee Fighter style guy, especially if I can also get free Haste. But to get that, I'd have to get him to level 7.

At that point, I'm looking at 4 R/7 B, with only 9 more levels for Fighter, or 8 R/7 B, with only 5 levels for Fighter. The biggest benefit from going Fighter is Greater Weapon Focus ( 8 ), Greater Weapon Specialization ( 12 ), and Superior Weapon Focus ( 16 ), so it feels as though I'd be missing out if I only went 5/9 Fighter.

So I'm basically stuck with a few options. I could skip Bard, and just do R4/F16, or R8/F12, which'd give me access to either Superior Weapon Focus or Improved Uncanny Dodge/Great Weapon Specialization. Either would be good, as I'd have enough Feats from Fighter to max out my weapon/fighting style, while also getting skill points in Open Lock/Disarm Trap/having an oh gently caress button in the form of Uncanny Dodge. Or I could grab the Bard anyways and just do R8/B7/F5 or R4/B7/F9, which seems like it'd be nice, as I'd have Uncanny Dodge/Displacement/High AR to make myself unkillable, while also having enough Feats to get a style fully leveled up. I'd be skipping the Great Focus/Specializations, but remembering from PnP, at some point your BAB gets high enough that a few extra points of Attack aren't going to change anything. I'd also get free Haste.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
R9B7F4 is a fairly standard split, and likely will serve you well for what you are planning. You are heavily overvaluing fighter levels during your thought processes.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Captain Farce posted:

Might not be to your tastes since it's more to just get the cleric life done than to actually be a cleric, but this is the dumb build I was planning if I ended up going melee for that TR:

That's actually a pretty neat split. Need to put mine into the planner and see what I lose with the feats but I don't think it's anything significant, though I am not sure just how big a deal losing the passive shield bash is if any.

Thank you.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Yeah, realized that after fiddling around with the editor a bit.

Kind of curious how I want to build this guy now.

I appreciate all the people saying Paladin, but honestly it sounds like it's more then a little flavor of the month due to some recent buffs. I'd rather not suddenly make a Paladin, only for it to lose everything that made it "great" by the time I'm doing endgame stuff.

Paladin was FOTM a few months ago, it's been nerfed already.
Barbarian is sorta the current FOTM, though a Mechanic rogue is nuts as well.

For bard it's simple, 20 levels (or 2 rogue if you must, but 20 bard = evasion as well), choose DEX or CHA, go all in on that stat. Find a nice light weapon and then murder everything. (If you chose DEX, Dark Elf is fun for the built in shruiken expertise) I did DEX, you could also do INT using harper but that'd cost precious enhancement points.

All you need really is Single Weapon Fighting, Precision, (Finesse if DEX) and eventually Improved Crit in your choice of murder tool.

The fighter levels are almost meaningless, they would weaken what you get from the bard side.

If you have a Tiefling Assassin's Blade you'll probably use that from 4th level to the teens, due to the way Swashbuckler works with weapons that have modified crits.

If you have a Crystal Cove Swashbuckler shield (absolutely broken for this build), go buckler, otherwise empty handed is fine.

You may think you'll be dipping into racial enhancements, but you'll find you put nothing in there as you will go mostly Swashbuckler, a quite a bit into Warchanter and the rest into Spellsinger.

Kalas fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 13, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

R9B7F4 is a fairly standard split, and likely will serve you well for what you are planning. You are heavily overvaluing fighter levels during your thought processes.

R9? Why R9 over R8? Just for the free extra rank of Sneak Attack/Trap Sense?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh hey

Menace of the Underdark
Shadowfell Conspiracy

Are 75% off on Steam until June 22nd.
If you don't normally use Steam for DDO you need to click "Play Now!" on the base game, and then you can buy the expansions and get codes to use on your Turbine Account. Use View CD Keys to see your keys.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Surprise Thursday patch as well. 7am-11am EDT downtime for Warlocks to be released onto the live server!
Just in time for Final Fantasy to be down 24 hours for the 3.0 patch too =-p

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So we did 3 Dragon Gianthold Tor last night. Was hilarious for the most part. Really enjoying Warlock so far, but I worry about their scaling into Epic levels (especially survivability).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrFTpw0SUKY

Also perma-Shield doesn't seem to be stopping Force Missiles at least, haven't checked if it's not stopping Magic Missiles too like I figure. Really sucks since that's 99% of the point of getting it.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 21, 2015

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
So, uh, is the Argo auction house always this dead? I started my Mechanic with 18 dex thinking I could simply buy a +1 tome in order to pick up improved precise shot before I hit 18. However, I just dinged 18 and I've yet to see a single dex-tome on the AH (or in the game for that matter - boy howdy do you level fast now). As such I turn to the generosity of goons - any chance one of you happen to have one lying around that I could either steal or buy for a cheap sum? I've only got like 100k plat and some Vale/Shroud-ingredients to barter with, though. My characters name is Plattan, if any of you feel like working something out. Thanks in advance!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Looks like I got rid of all my extra tomes finally. They drop a lot more rarely than they used to, especially since skill tomes drop now, so you're way more likely to get a skill tome than a stat tome. Combine that with the lack of plat being worth anything, and I'm not super surprised the AH is kinda dead. Though no, it's not usually quite this dead. And they still don't let you set a buyout for tomes on the Shard AH so that's not really a decent option either.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I think I still have a bunch of +1/2 tomes, I will look around for a dex one for you plattan.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Hotfix today for:
Burning Blood SLA works
Shield passive works (respec if you already have it to fix)
Way easier to use abilities while holding down Blast
Evard's will damage poo poo that enters after casting
Chain Blast using your elemental type and looks better.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Crystal Cove is back until the 12th, for what that's worth. Loot List here.
Some decent stuff there and getting Tier 1 is real easy, so worth considering the level 16 and the level 24 stuff. 16 has potential for ITRing, not there's any compelling 24 stuff.
The trinkets are pretty cool if you don't need it for Voice of the Master.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Update 27 is on Lamannia, but really the only patch note that matters is:

quote:

The Full Screen check box in the Graphics Options has been replaced by a Screen Mode drop-down menu, from which you can select Windowed, Full Screen, and (in Windows) Full Screen (Windowed), which runs the game in a borderless window at desktop resolution.

And I guess:

quote:

Trials of the Archons - Update 27 includes a new adventure pack, featuring three new quests and a new raid! This first Lamannia preview includes the three new quests, called "Trial of the Archons", "The Devil's Details", and "Demon Assault." The quest-givers are located in Amrath, which can be accessed from the Tower of the Twelve along with the Shavarath Planescaller in the Eberron Hall of Heroes. The Heroic versions of these quests begin at level 13, and the Epic versions of these quests are level 30.

Also looks like +5->6 and +6 tomes are permanently in the DDO store.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Returned to the game after a long hiatus. Artificer still sucks :( I hope to TR him this time but it's really hard to play a class that was shining so brightly on first 10 levels and dropped so hard in efficiency afterwards.

Not a bad past life though.

Speaking of TR. DemonMage, thanks for your Warlock videos, now I know what I want to try as soon as I hit 20th !

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I've been wanting to put some more Warlock videos up. I've been trying to remember to tape our boss kills, I was going to do a boss supercut... at some point. Warlocks are probably my favorite class at the moment. If you're not going Enlightened Spirit they're a little light on hp (rogue levels), but man they can put out some damage. Highly recommend Fiend for a caster warlock. Hurl through Hell is loving fantastic and fun, and you can lower fort saves by up to 10, so having a Fort (and Fire damage) Blast isn't that big of a deal.

And sad to hear you say Artificer sucks, it's one of two classes I have left and I was hoping the recent pass that bumped up crossbow DPS and made them less wonky to shoot/reload would have helped.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.

Cpl Clegg posted:

Returned to the game after a long hiatus. Artificer still sucks :( I hope to TR him this time but it's really hard to play a class that was shining so brightly on first 10 levels and dropped so hard in efficiency afterwards.

Not a bad past life though.

Speaking of TR. DemonMage, thanks for your Warlock videos, now I know what I want to try as soon as I hit 20th !

This happened to me on my Artificer life back before the enhancement pass when I felt the class was really solid. Until about level 16 or so, I just felt like I did no damage and had poor utility. Fortunately, it picked back up again in a big, big way and turned out to be one of my favorite lives! I stayed an Artificer for a long time, completing many raids on her which I normally do not bother with. So hopefully, the class has that same turnaround still! Also, we did an Iconic TR, so we skipped right to level 15, but I bet low level Warlocks are amazing.

And I'm glad you liked the videos! I'd like to do some where we actually talk and maybe explain stuff, or more likely just banter about stupid random stuff. Also maybe add some music that can be added to YouTube so the videos don' t feel quite as flat.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Funny thing is, I've got most the fun out of playing the first life as 2 rogue/18 barbarian, with frenzy+supreme cleave+healbot+lots of mobs around. Next life was Air Sorcerer, which in retrospect was a bad choice because Lightning Bolt was dull compared to Fireball blasting.
I hope I'll have enough patience for 3 more Arti levels so I can do stupid AoE damage to mobs again instead of plinking at them one by one. Arti has some AoE SLA's but they feel inadequate.

Speaking of your videos, I still remember your earlier ones fondly, back when I just started playing. Loved all of them :) You guys are great. Although more banter wouldn't hurt of course !

[Edit] Artificer might become more interesting but it's a class designed for all the clickies, and I don't have a huge stash of them yet. Also gear, I'm running around in what you'd probably consider rags.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 20, 2015

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
Hello new DDO friends! After playing my first real life game of Dungeons and Dragons and loving it way more than I ever thought I would, I wanted to give this game a shot. I dabbled in it years ago, but my memories are hazy at best. I'll be starting fresh on Argonessen with a couple of friends.

Before I rolled an initial character, however, I wanted to know how best to build a newbie 28 point paladin. From reading the thread it seems like pure paladin would be the best way to go, but I wanted to get your thoughts before starting. My current plan is to make a human two hander pure paladin build with the appropriate feats for greatswords or falchions.

SoldadoDeTone fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 23, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Str: 16
Dex: 8
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 8 (guild buffs will get you to 10, so even a +1 item will let you cast spells)
Cha: 16

Level ups into strength probably.

I'd go with Single Weapon Fighting over Two-Handed Fighting. This will let you offhand an Orb for potency.

Skills: Balance, Concentration, Use Magic Device. Stop raising Balance at level 11 (7 ranks) and switch to raising Heal for the extra Positive spellpower

Feats

1 : Single Weapon Fighting
1 Human : Power Attack
1 Deity : Follower of: Sovereign Host
3 : Force of Personality
6 : Empower Healing Spell
6 Deity : Unyielding Sovereignty
9 : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
12 : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
15 : Improved Critical: Slashing
18 : Quicken Spell
21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
24 Epic : Toughness (this one is kind of open, there's not a lot of great options)
26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
27 Epic : Blinding Speed
28 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting

If you really wanna go Two-Handed for aesthetics or whatever you can. The feat choices are the same just swap the Single Weapon Fighting line to Two-Handed Fighting line and choose a different level 28 feat. And don't bother with Balance just raise Heal.

[Edit]

Cpl Clegg posted:

Artificer might become more interesting but it's a class designed for all the clickies

Also not anymore really =-( The all clickies are caster level 20 thing is the last core of the caster tree. Pretty much no one is going to take it over Battle Engineer stuff. I'll use Displacement clickies, but I prefer Speed items over Haste. Displacement is just a defense that can't be replaced really, so it still sees a lot of use from me.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 23, 2015

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

DemonMage posted:

Paladin Info

Thank you for the tips! If I make a paladin I will definitely look into that build.

Unfortunately, now that I've talked to all of my friends I've seen that none of them want to heal. For a cleric would I just do a pure build focused on healing? I saw the battle cleric posts, but I worry that I'd lose a lot of healing potential going for that.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Barring a catastrophe, you should be able to heal yourself at least if not your whole party as a paladin. In general, encouraging all your friends to have some form of self-healing, through their own healing spells or being able to use healing scrolls or even drinking potions is nice. If not though, I'd go with a caster cleric and the main thing you need is Empower Healing. Everything else you can basically pick up at your own discretion. That way you can stay in the back and not worry about dying while still healing everyone really well.

In general though, DDO doesn't really strictly adhere to the DPS/tank/healer holy trinity that other MMOs stick to. Just try to have some self-healing on everyone one way or another .At low levels, I drank potions and then transitioned into reading heal scrolls with Use Magic Devices. You can do this on any class. If you guys play on Argonessian, I'm sure either me (Valisti) or Demonmage (Caisha) will throw all kinds of gear and potions your way so things won't be much of a struggle.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
That all sounds great! I'll message you guys in game. In the meantime, I'll try to read up a little more so that I'm not completely in the dark and asking a million questions.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
No, please, ask a million questions and don't worry if you think they're stupid. DDO is super complex to get into and I'm more than happy to try to help you in whatever way I can.
Also we're not often on DDO so you might be better off asking here, though if we are on, feel free to hit either of us up!
We have too much stuff and not enough silly newbies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

DemonMage posted:

The all clickies are caster level 20 thing is the last core of the caster tree. Pretty much no one is going to take it over Battle Engineer stuff. I'll use Displacement clickies, but I prefer Speed items over Haste. Displacement is just a defense that can't be replaced really, so it still sees a lot of use from me.

I'm that tool who still uses the dog from time to time, so I invested in the caster tree. The capstone was so worth the investment, I get a more-or-less free AoE cure every twelve seconds or so, and even as a first-life artificer I managed to squeeze in enough DCs to do decent crowd control at EH content.

• Locked thread