Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm pretty sure he was joking and you're all retarded.

I'm happy with our signings so far and even happier they've been done early in the window. We a have been heavily linked with Kovacic and have apparently made a few bids...I've seen him play once and he looked really sharp. Although buying from Italy is almost as bad as buying from the Netherlands imo. Can GD or Series A watchers tell me if he's the real deal?

A 30 year old winger and a relegation bound striker, nice, drat nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm happy with our signings so far
Really? They're decent pick ups, but we'd be fifth or sixth without them and fifth or sixth with them, I'm pretty blasé about the current transfer policy.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
arsenal fans: rosicky says cech wants to sign for the arse

rosicky: i hate arsenal

gently caress off

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I just want someone to do a big fwiggin signing. Liverpool buying mediocre Englishmen is boring.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
honestly reckon ings and milner are decent signings

i'd have ings over any of their forwards except sturridge and he;s made of glass

milner also walks into the team so

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

A 30 year old winger and a relegation bound striker, nice, drat nice.

I can't think of many teams that wouldn't want Big Jimmy on a free.

Like I said, Ings is a low risk buy and I'm sure will be an upgrade on Lambert and Borini. Time will tell I guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Talk that Cech will be the Cup keeper and Courtois the League, very cool with this.

Did this post just come out of a time capsule from a year ago?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
If he was called Ingerinho and played for a relegated team in Spain or Italy we'd see no end of fantasy bbcode lineups

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Isn't Betr Cech probably going to start slow after playing in the world cup this summer?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Parody Threads posted:

Isn't Betr Cech probably going to start slow after playing in the world cup this summer?

Good try, 3/10.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Monday Bandele posted:

If he was called Ingerinho and played for a relegated team in Spain or Italy we'd see no end of fantasy bbcode lineups

Just like we did with Spanish superstar Iago Aspas.

Man, we really have a lot of lovely players at our club.

Jones
Manquillo-Coates-Illori-Jose Enrique
Luis Alberto-
Borini-Aspas-Lambert

We are so close to a title winning squad!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Did this post just come out of a time capsule from a year ago?

No because no one knew who was going to be number one last year until the Burnley game.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Jones
Luis Alberto-
Borini-Aspas-Lambert

manquillo is good!!!

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
the others though lol

edit although apparently alberto is good too but i really don't imagine we're going to see that in england

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Seb Coates is really bad, imo, Liverpool should just give him away for whatever they can get.

Also, can someone recommend a winger with two knees who isn't a defendant in a sex crimes case?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Liverpool have a massive squad, don't they.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

more like a massive squat

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Newcastle aren't trying to sign Richards which is good

This is good, also would be good if we signed anyone since we need a boatload of players

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

chuggo is BACK posted:

the others though lol

edit although apparently alberto is good too but i really don't imagine we're going to see that in england

Yeah Manquillo is decent and I feel bad for him that our change in formation meant he didn't get to play.

I also rate Luis Alberto but don't see him getting a prolonged run in the team. Also I have a feeling he's incredibly slow.

How did Coates do at Sunderland? I've always thought he's way better than given credit for but he never really got a chance at Liverpool.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

This is good, also would be good if we signed anyone since we need a boatload of players

We have plenty you can have!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Someone please buy Jose Enrique tia

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't Enrique pretty good?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Wasn't Enrique pretty good?

He's insanely frustrating. He is ridiculously quick and strong, will always try play it out from the back and is decent going forward...BUT he has no football brain and always seems to take the wrong option. He's also always injured.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He also gets paid insane amounts of money to not play football.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Jones
Luis Alberto-
Borini-Aspas-Lambert

Coates, Illori, Alberto etc are all examples of why 20 year olds should not move to "big" clubs who will never start them regularly.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

Coates, Illori, Alberto etc are all examples of why 20 year olds should not move to "big" clubs who will never start them regularly.

Coates was absolutely fantastic when Uruguay won Copa America and was bought to legitimately challenge for a first team spot. He suffered a pretty terrible injury early on and was hardly used again.

Luis Alberto is quite good and will probably be sold at a loss unfortunately. I think he could end up being a really decent player somewhere though.

gently caress knows with Illori, I've never seen him play. He's really young for a centre back and is supposedly insanely quick so there is still plenty of time for him to develop. Would like to see these players loaned to other premiership or championship clubs tbh

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
FWIW, I think Coates may be bought by Sunderland. He actually did really well towards the end of the season for them. The lure of Illori was that he could supposedly play all the roles along the backline and push up and hold as a CDM, so kind of like what Can accomplished this year for us.

cheese posted:

You forgot to add "Sterling" to that list. :negative:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Never understood why people like Manquillo, everyone looked terrified to pass him the ball and he would immediately play back when he got it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I remember some Liverpool fans saying Enrique was the best left back in the league and at the time it seemed pretty plausible? Has he declined?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ungratek posted:

Never understood why people like Manquillo, everyone looked terrified to pass him the ball and he would immediately play back when he got it

Defensively he was really solid and was a nice option over a hugely declining Johnson. He deserved more opportunity than he got imo

Skip My Posts posted:

I remember some Liverpool fans saying Enrique was the best left back in the league and at the time it seemed pretty plausible? Has he declined?

He was great at Newcastle the season before we bought him and was very good for us early on. He has all the ability to be a good player but is missing a brain.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Jackson Martinez's agent said that Martinez will leave Porto in the coming days, as his €35m release clause has been met.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah for the first half of that season he legit was but he's just always injured, plus he never loving passes it when he should and his end product is bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Alves has signed a contract extension with Barca

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Southampton apparently are close to signing right back Cédric Soares from Sporting Lisbon according to http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=4614632

Google translate is super informative:

http://www.ojogo.pt posted:

Cédric Soares is very close to moving arms and baggage to Southampton. The right-back Sporting is preparing to leave the club to which is tied for 17 years and get into the Premier League, having been given as very likely at Stoke City, which offered five million euros. The 23 years should see the transfer announced by a higher amount in the coming hours. If the operation goes ahead, as it seems, the sweater 41 become will mate Jose Fonte, beside which is now the work of the National Team, Georgia.

Slightly less confusing report at http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/13320749.GOSSIP__Koeman_closes_in_on_new_right_back/?ref=mr&lp=4

Twat le Piss fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 9, 2015

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

John Arne Riise and Nicolas Anelka have both signed for clubs in India. Looks like we're going to get another glorious season of Super League football.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I can't think of many teams that wouldn't want Big Jimmy on a free.

Like I said, Ings is a low risk buy and I'm sure will be an upgrade on Lambert and Borini. Time will tell I guess

You're very optimistic.

I hope Lambert goes to a good club that can properly use him. He still has good years in him and can still score under a more pragmatic manager.

Borini will likely hang around like a bad rash. How much longer does he have on his contract?

chuggo is BACK posted:

the others though lol

The DUI arrest probably didn't help push his case to play for Rodgers.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

euroboy posted:

John Arne Riise and Nicolas Anelka have both signed for clubs in India. Looks like we're going to get another glorious season of Super League football.

I'm hecka excited op

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
bilic to west ham is a done deal

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/9-June/Hammers-appoint-Bilic

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

trem_two posted:

Jackson Martinez's agent said that Martinez will leave Porto in the coming days, as his €35m release clause has been met.

who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I honestly can't remember the last time Enrique played.

But despite his obvious flaws and the fact he's genuinely a stupid man, there still aren't many better left backs. Barely any teams in the world have good left backs.

• Locked thread