Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zaphod42 posted:

Both fictional characters created by hard-working humans.

Try again, filthy dog-lover. :colbert:

Dogs are not only creatures of valor but do so without payment except pets and kibble. The names of dogs famous for their abilities and loyalty litter history in every culture: Balto, Hachiko, Greyfriars Bobby, Waghya, Chips.

What cats get that much credit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Check out my Miiverse drawings, because goddammit I put too much effort into them to only have them seen by a couple ungrateful Europeans.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Checkmate.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

noirstronaut posted:

never seen anyone successful own a cat before

The cats are successful themselves. One's a mayor and another one is a train conductor.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

air bud is a dog

case closed

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Checkmate.

Overruled

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
In honor of the Fallout 4 announcement

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I saw this one on Twitter. That was you? Good job.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jarogue posted:

Overruled

Okay I'm totally Team Cat all the way, but that dog has an eyepatch too? Shiiiiiiit. That's just too loving cool.

Luckily Team Cat also has outrageous cuteness

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Waffleman_ posted:

I saw this one on Twitter. That was you? Good job.

Thanks.
Wait, what Twitter?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay I'm totally Team Cat all the way, but that dog has an eyepatch too? Shiiiiiiit. That's just too loving cool.

Luckily Team Cat also has outrageous cuteness

fake cat played by antonio banderas, a dog

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Hmm dogs can swim and cats hate water this seems like a lopsided battle when squids are involved

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Can anyone link me to a good post or something on Inkbrush strats?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Hmm dogs can swim and cats hate water this seems like a lopsided battle when squids are involved

Squids/kids can't swim either.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dogs are extinct in Splatoon, QED.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fix posted:

Cats will be too as soon as Judd perishes from heart disease.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Team dog is assholes.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

horriblePencilist posted:

Check out my Miiverse drawings, because goddammit I put too much effort into them to only have them seen by a couple ungrateful Europeans.

Hello fellow European art fag. This reminds me to make some more graffitiart sometime this week.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fix posted:

Are they? I thought The Sunken Scroll showing Cuttlefish and part of his platoon had a dog in there.

Plus birds are a thing so it's not like Judd is the only non aquatic creature left.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Finally found the official strategy guide pages on Splatfests.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lemming posted:

Squids/kids can't swim either.

I thought it was pretty stupid they used water as a death trap in a game of squids, but :shrug:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I thought it was pretty stupid they used water as a death trap in a game of squids, but :shrug:

Why? Being sea creatures, it's pretty obvious that they can't swim.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

horriblePencilist posted:

Thanks.
Wait, what Twitter?

Here.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Can anyone link me to a good post or something on Inkbrush strats?

Ink brush is easily the twitchiest weapon in the entire the entire game. It operates a bit differently from regular rollers.

1. If you aren't flicking your brush to cover turf you better have a good reason. The brush flick doesn't use a lot of ink, and you should be jumping around and using it. I am always constantly pressing that button over and over in between jumping and swimming. You don't evenly cover turf but you cover turf waaaaay better than you expect. Even in splatzones. It's easier to paint a wall to climb than it is with a regular roller too. Always be pressing buttons.

2. Your "roll" is your escape. Any trouble and you can just casually run through enemy ink, safely out of reach. If you fail to get a kill nbd you can just run away. Basically always keep moving, since you essentially move at swim speed whenever you want.

3. Your "roll" is also a gigantic advantage. Like a roller, don't run at nerds head on unless you want to die. You move faster than regular rollers so ambushes are a lot easier. You can just run behind idiots if you see an opening and splat them. Find the hallway or area they aren't using and use it to ambush your foes.

4. Sprinkler is expensive but good. I use it mostly at the beginning of the game and in the end of the game. Really well placed sprinklers are a frustrating distraction you can use to your advantage.

5. As far as I'm concerned, ink resist is mandatory because turns kind of gently caress you up. Like all rollers, ink saver main is really good. Everything else is probably personal preference. I'm a fan of recon for tactical ink strikes, but cold blooded is also a very good choice.

You will be pressing buttons a lot more than any other weapon. Good luck!

E: fixed because auto correct hosed up everything!!!

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 8, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though they are more Ink than squid.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
do you guys think squids and humans hosed

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Today, I went through almost all of the Inkling Boy's missions. I only have the Final Boss left.

Now, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how hard is the Final Boss with a roller?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

Today, I went through almost all of the Inkling Boy's missions. I only have the Final Boss left.

Now, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how hard is the Final Boss with a roller?

4? One shot reflects the fists and rockets. The only hard part is the very last volley because the rocket moves so fast.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's annoying as poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Team Cat is preparing

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zaphod42 posted:

Checkmate.

So what you're saying is that cats are a member of the criminal element.

Dogs, on the other hand, are fine upstanding citizens:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The guy got more retweets than I got yeahs :argh:

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Team Cat is preparing

dude my cat is sleeping in my TV chair (and probably would be sleeping on my guide had I left it there)

doesn't she know that the battle will be starting soon

I need to make sure my game is sharp so I can defend her honor

TEAM CAT

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Fresh tip: if you know you're about to die, move out of the splat zone so your bodily fluids don't end causing the uncap/their cap

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It is disgusting how fast a brush can get to the center of the map and cover literally everything.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

its like putting a freshwater fish in salt water, only instead of freshwater they're ink.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

While you were trying to stay fresh... Team Cat is training.

While your were randomly getting comms errors... Team Cat is training.

While you were partnered up with 3 Inkbrush users... Team Cat is training.

"Time to go maul a small child!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i don't really hate cats or think theyre bad, heck i like them but dogs are just way better because they actually have emotions and the bond between human and dog is powerful.,

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
A cats affection is earned by only the freshest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mabels big day posted:

i don't really hate cats or think theyre bad, heck i like them but dogs are just way better because they actually have emotions and the bond between human and dog is powerful.,

Same, but with cats.

• Locked thread