Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

i love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
but what about the badges we have to inspect them first

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

When the sun comes out, I like to go topless . . .

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cage posted:

but what about the badges we have to inspect them first

I don't care how sexy that wagon is, rear end in a top hat has the wrong badges :argh:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GramCracker posted:

I don't care how sexy that wagon is, rear end in a top hat has the wrong badges :argh:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
"Why yes! I did buy a car which has as one of it's defining features a raised ride height, then i lowered it. What of it?"

I am very jealous.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 3, 2015

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Doccers posted:

Heh! someone caught me trying to park in downtown Denver.

Jesus gently caress, that is the ultimate party bus.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Killstick posted:

"Why yes! I did buy a car which has as one of it's defining features a raised ride height, then i lowered it. What of it?"

I am very jealous.

I'm afraid of heights.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tamir Lenk posted:

When the sun comes out, I like to go topless . . .

Man that looks super awesome.

Reminds me that I need to polish the poo poo out of my black convertible too, though.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Killstick posted:

Free fender flares!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Killstick posted:

I am very jealous.

You joke, but I sometimes thought about buying a Tiguan (basically just a raised Golf with 4motion) and lowering it. Luckily the R exists.

Of course the only way to get it with a stick is the buy the lowest trim line, WTF VW, stop being stupid.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 3, 2015

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Picking this poor financial decision up on Friday.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What options did you opt for?

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

The floating black square package.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

davebo posted:

What options did you opt for?

Can't you read under my black square? :haw:

It's an 8-speed auto Z51 1LT.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo, you can't say that here. the mantrans hivemind is going to eat you for lunch.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
That 8 speed is supposed to be pretty bad rear end right? Or am I thinking about the Z06?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

shodanjr_gr posted:

Picking this poor financial decision up on Friday.

My schedule is pretty open next week, when should meet so I can test drive it with you? :allears:

That is beeeeeeautiful. Seriously, they went with sexiest body style I have seen from them since the Stingray. It's like Chevy and Lamborghini decided to have a bastard child.

Really nice color scheme.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

Jesus gently caress, that is the ultimate party bus.

Continuing on my previous post: since you're in Colorado, I demand to see a picture of you at a stoplight with weed smoke billowing from out the windows.

The ISIS (Indica and Sativa Inside, Son) mobile.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Sadi posted:

That 8 speed is supposed to be pretty bad rear end right? Or am I thinking about the Z06?

The 8-speed auto is the standard (and only) auto across the range for the 2015 MY. Supposedly the shift-times are PDK-ish, based on the reviews and the paddle shifters response is decent too (even more so in pure manual mode). I was strongly contemplating the 7-speed manual but this will be my daily driver too and the bay area gets pretty "stop and go"-y at times.

Count Freebasie posted:

My schedule is pretty open next week, when should meet so I can test drive it with you? :allears:

That is beeeeeeautiful. Seriously, they went with sexiest body style I have seen from them since the Stingray. It's like Chevy and Lamborghini decided to have a bastard child.
Thanks :). The Vette is basically the only thing at that kind of money that looks like an exotic. I was originally thinking of speeding (e: pun not intended) my money on a GT350 but, at the end of the day, it would be a $60K car that still looked like a $25k car. This one punches above its weight.

quote:

Really nice color scheme.
Thank the smart person at the dealer who didn't spend their last allocation ordering something gaudy :haw:.

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 4, 2015

si
Apr 26, 2004

shodanjr_gr posted:

The Vette is basically the only thing at that kind of money that looks like an exotic

I like your choice, but I think you are forgetting the Evora with this statement. I also think the new vette looks a lot like the Evora. You get a much better driveline in it too.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I wrecked my Volt in February, spent 2+ months going back and forth with Allstate and body shops trying to get it fixed before Allstate threw in the towel.

2014 Buick Regal T2 - it was a leftover that had been hanging out on the dealer's lot since September. I was cross shopping Cadillac ATS, BMW 328, Mercedes C250, Audi A4.

This car had been on the lot since September and was their last 2014. It has every option except AWD. I sent the Buick dealer a crazy offer on the car, and they accepted. Picked it up a month ago, and have really enjoyed it.

It's just the right size for me, comfortable, quiet, handles surprisingly well, and has more than enough go-go power. I would have preferred AWD instead of FWD, but for the price I'm not going to complain. The thought of owning a beige Buick also took some mental gymnastics, but the color has definite advantages -- it hides dirt amazingly well and does a nice color shift from beige to silver depending on the lighting.

I've become an old man and I'm ok with it.

:colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Goober Peas posted:

2014 Buick Regal T2

:byodame: : "That's no Buick!"
:corsair: : "That's what I tooold him!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSoafkSxorY

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

I've become an old man and I'm ok with it.
:colbert:
Glad you're happy with your car :corsair:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This the YOOL two thousand and fifteen an AIer willingly buys a new Buick.

The end is neigh

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Nice Opel. What engine is in it? I hired a 1.8 petrol Insigna (euro version of your car) last year and it was half decent aside from the engine. Felt quite planted on what seemed like needlessly big tyres for that car but didn't have much steering feedback.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Goober Peas posted:

I wrecked my Volt in February, spent 2+ months going back and forth with Allstate and body shops trying to get it fixed before Allstate threw in the towel.

How'd you like the volt? I've been curious to hear owners opinions now that it's been around a while.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

My stupid shitbox

ohhh sooo very clean shiny must have

Stranded in bumfuck no where Arizona $1800 later.

Treated like the piece of poo poo it is

But I just cant bring myself to get rid of it

I really want out of this shitbox but bluebook has it at $7500 on a good day, and I owe $10,000. Convince me that the transmission is next to go and its worth the loss. I have a shattered windshield and I have to spend about $300-400 on new control arms or some poo poo because when I turn the wheel it makes a really bad squeeking noise or something. I really hate this loving car and it was the worst decision I ever made, I really want my Wrangler back. My plan was to sell it before everything went to hell on it but now I'm about $2500 invested into it :(

e; I'm poor.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Raisin awareness, indeed

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BraveUlysses posted:

Raisin awareness, indeed

Holy poo poo. The weirdest SA celebrities drop into AI sometimes. It'll never top Micromancer, though.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

BraveUlysses posted:

Raisin awareness, indeed

Yep, I now have a litany of mental health issues.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Muerte posted:

Yep, I now have a litany of mental health issues.

You should definitely go reopen your EN thread and post your BMW ownership rant there.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

BraveUlysses posted:

You should definitely go reopen your EN thread and post your BMW ownership rant there.

Good idea.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
well atleast you didnt have to hike back to town

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

go3 posted:

well atleast you didnt have to hike back to town

I'm sure you will be pleased to know I'm attempting it again this coming March.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Muerte posted:

You may even say you're attempting it without using the term "again."

If you're looking for help with the car, there's a BMW thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2809820

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

meatpimp posted:

You may even say you're attempting it without using the term "again."

:pusheen:

Also, cooling system issues in a bmw!?!? That sounds unusual to me...

si
Apr 26, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

:pusheen:

Also, cooling system issues in a bmw!?!? That sounds unusual to me...

I believe it was really common on the 335i because they pulled the turbos tight against the block or some nonsense? I don't know BMWs, but I definitely have heard this story.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

si posted:

I believe it was really common on the 335i because they pulled the turbos tight against the block or some nonsense? I don't know BMWs, but I definitely have heard this story.

He was being facetious. BMWs are well known for their GDCS. God drat Cooling System.

they used plastic impellers on the water pumps, and a lot of plastic throughout the system, and it all only lasts around 100k miles. replacing the entire cooling system, pump, hoses, expansion tank, and rad every 100k is considered preventative maintinence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Muerte posted:

Put a big spoiler on it to use as a handle and push it across the country.

It's got to be better than your last cart.

(do not store your water in the cooling system)