Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

List of vampires:

Prince
Araki
Sakurai
Keanu
Pharrell

Who else?

Koji Igarashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
He is a vampire killer. Big difference.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Have you seen the dude's kickstarter promos for his new game? Dude's a full on vampire.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

He is a vampire killer. Big difference.

If Alucard can be both, so can Iga. :colbert:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Alright, IGA is equal parts vampire and Japanese cowboy Belmont.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God dammit, David.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I knew I saw that DIO face before

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The capcom game took the faces from those scenes in the manga.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Holy poo poo look at this, actually translating properly and providing notes after the fact if you're interested.

Also, Josuke not fixing Joseph's cane just so he can help him walk around :unsmith:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Joseph and Josuke is really bittersweet, coming from someone who has issues with ther dad.

Also watching the anime thread argue over Joseph's death is so cute.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I just hope this week's episode ends just after Dio takes his blood. That way we can have a week of "See we told you he's really dead!" before the reveal.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Million Ghosts posted:

Joseph and Josuke is really bittersweet, coming from someone who has issues with ther dad.

wait till you get to part 6

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
JJBA Part VI: Daddy Issues, Everyone Dies.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I wish Josuke and Joseph got more screentime together, but it's really nice how mature Josuke was about Joseph for the most part. Stuff like how he felt like he was to blame for the conflict between Joseph and Suzy Q and how knew his mom couldn't handle seeing Joseph again. :unsmith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Source is Millionfish's tumblr.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Joseph probably somehow lived through the universe restart because he was by the rope section of the hardware store.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I love the idea of jotaro carrying around turtle Polnareff where ever he goes.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Well he is kinda sorta sea life.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why would Jotaro have Polnareff and Coco Jambo? They're in the possession of Giorno and the mafia.

Also, Polnareff is "dead," right? His soul is just kept in his form and won't ascend to the clouds unless he leaves Mr. President? Because the wiki lists him under "Living Characters."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why would Jotaro have Polnareff and Coco Jambo? They're in the possession of Giorno and the mafia.
Because it's a one-off moment of comic relief in an otherwise uncharacteristically serious fan comic.

I wouldn't think too hard about it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's kind of funny that polnareff never contacted Jotaro, the guy who knows a magic doctor.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think Jotaro just brings Polnareff around with him everywhere, he probably just went to Italy and retrieved him to bring him to the funeral. Giorno is a stone cold motherfucker but he isn't heartless, I don't doubt he'd let Polly take a few days off to go to an old friend's funeral.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

chaos rhames posted:

It's kind of funny that polnareff never contacted Jotaro, the guy who knows a magic doctor.

He doesn't even need Josuke to fix his legs, Araki sort of ignores it but in this universe they had fully functional prosthetic hands before World War II. He could get functional legs no prob. But Polnareff in a wheelchair is sort of a cool image so whatever.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Bad Seafood posted:

Source is Millionfish's tumblr.

man gently caress that, if my husbands side ho showed up to his funeral I'd loving kill her

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Davinci posted:

I don't think Jotaro just brings Polnareff around with him everywhere, he probably just went to Italy and retrieved him to bring him to the funeral. Giorno is a stone cold motherfucker but he isn't heartless, I don't doubt he'd let Polly take a few days off to go to an old friend's funeral.

What is Polly's job anyway?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if Jotaro ever found out Polnareff became a turtle or if Polnareff just continued to pal around with Giorno until the universe reset.

chaos rhames posted:

I think it was said he was worried about the mob catching his communications line if he called out of Italy or something.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we'll probably never get Shizuka Joestar's Bizarre Adventure, but it'd be cool for Achtung Baby to show up as a protagonist Stand sometime

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

JOSEPH JOESTAR
1920 - 1938

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

grancheater posted:

JOSEPH JOESTAR
1920 - 1938
     2011(?)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

man gently caress that, if my husbands side ho showed up to his funeral I'd loving kill her

Her son did save your grandson from painful rat death

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What is Polly's job anyway?

I'm not totally sure he had one? When you meet him in SDC it's been three years since his sister died and for two of those years he was training both his fencing skills and his stand before he ran into DIO, so I want to say knight errant or something.

I didn't get very far in part 5 yet so I don't know if has an actual job by then or if he's just running around looking for mobsters.

Edit: Unless you're talking about after VA, then he works for Giorno as an advisor, I think.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

From the anime thread:

Onmi posted:

The truly terrifying thing about Time Stop is there's no real way to stop it. Even if you were a being like Kars, what the hell do you do against someone who can render you utterly and completely helpless? Also this explains why d'Arby was so afraid. He knew that Dio could stop time, Ergo, when Jotaro suddenly had a cigarette and drink he never saw him grab, his mindset was what if Jotaro can stop time to? He can be the greatest gambler in the world but if time is stopped he can't do anything, he can't be aware it was stopped, especially since the cards are just on the table.

And it's likely that d'Arby didn't know there was a time limit, since I doubt Dio ever told anyone THAT part. That's true terror.

This guy either deserves "unintentional junior sleuth of the year" award or "big piece of poo poo fucker" award

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sometimes I wonder what most of Dio's minions did before becoming Dio's minions.

Like, what was Steely Dan's job? What was Alessi's? Big political cartoon axes labeled 'AXE' don't come cheap you know.

Doesn't matter one bit for story purposes, I just find it amusing to think about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Something I kinda like is how the first three Jojos actually had respectable careers aside from being punchguys. Like, Johnathan was an archaeologist, Joseph was a real estate tycoon, and Jotaro is a marine biologist. It makes them feel more like actual people than other shonen protagonists who are just all about punching mans.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
My favorite "how I became DIO's minion" story is DIO just finding Anubis after breaking into a museum.

It's my favorite because Hol Horse mentions offhand that DIO has a lot of crap that should probably be in museums, so you just know he's looking for more poo poo like the stone mask or the bow and arrow. Even if you don't find anything like that, they're still worth a lot of money, so it's win-win all around.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't Jonathan only an Archeologist because of the mask though?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That doesn't undo his degree.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

RatHat posted:

Wasn't Jonathan only an Archeologist because of the mask though?

Well, because working on the mask made him feel closer to the mother he never knew, but yeah. It's still better than Dio "I'm going to be a lawyer because money" Brando.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dio also never actually did any lawyer things, so he's just some punk with a J.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Dio also never actually did any lawyer things, so he's just some punk with a J.D.

Dio studies law and then, like, breaks every law there is.