Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The widespread and almost casual way wait times were covered up are certainly a systematic issue and emblematic of people's general fears re: single payer government run systems.

As oppose to the full faith people put into private health insurance, with its transparency and trustability.

Your arguments step on their own dicks as soon as you lay them out.

The ACA is also at record high levels of approval, as tsa proved while he was trying to claim the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

The widespread and almost casual way wait times were covered up are certainly a systematic issue and emblematic of people's general fears re: single payer government run systems.

The people doing it were literally like "Well, this is just how you get wait times down."

Meanwhile - you have vets dying of cancer. Dead vets' families getting callbacks for appointment setups after they died.

Like, only a handful of people were actually fired because of it and a bunch of bonuses were still paid out. It's the biggest load of horseshit.

But sure, Obamacare is at a record low approval rating because republicans made up death panels one summer in 2009.

See, now you can't even make a coherent argument. It's just "some guys were bad, ignore the objective data that says the system overall was good and let's listen to this bullshit sideshow story I have. Also Obamacare bad, death panels, etc."

Pathetic.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Obdicut posted:

Like I said, he's the five cent version. You could replace him with any average commentator at Red State.

That Chris Christie guy has some intelligence and is at least well-spoken, but he spends most of his time cringing.

It's weird how a single republican posting things here makes everyone lose their poo poo.

It's like you guys are incapable of responding without some personal attack - I genuinely feel bad if your arguments are so weak that the slightest pushback causes this level of bile.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Obdicut posted:

The ACA is also at record high levels of approval

I'm sorry, you're objectively wrong.

People like some aspects, but the law as a whole

quote:

The survey finds opinion on the health-care law among the worst in Post-ABC polling; 54 percent oppose, up six percentage points from a year ago. Support ties the record low of 39 percent, which was last hit in April 2012.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

But sure, Obamacare is at a record low approval rating because republicans made up death panels one summer in 2009.

Hey, don't forget about how Republicans are actively sabotaging it at this very moment by having their governors refuse federal funds to help it work on the state level while also trying to stop it from functioning as a federal program based on the most bullshitty, illogical, nonsense technicality ever. That might be an important factor too.

Edit:

Yeah, they like every part of it except for its nickname and things related to its nickname, basically.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 9, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Single payer is still polling at 50% so I guess people don't like the ACA because it didn't go far enough.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Deep Hurting posted:

Hey, don't forget about how Republicans are actively sabotaging it at this very moment by having their governors refuse federal funds to help it work on the state level while also trying to stop it from functioning as a federal program based on the most bullshitty, illogical, nonsense technicality ever. That might be an important factor too.

So not only are the (zero votes for) Republicans responsible for the bad parts of the law, they're also responsible for the program missing it's enrollment targets since inception (and likely will miss again this year), and they're *also* responsible for the law not be written as intended.

Do I have that right.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

So not only are the (zero votes for) Republicans responsible for the bad parts of the law, they're also responsible for the program missing it's enrollment targets since inception (and likely will miss again this year), and they're *also* responsible for the law not be written as intended.

Do I have that right.

:thumbsup:

A Good Summation.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

It's weird how a single republican posting things here makes everyone lose their poo poo.

It's like you guys are incapable of responding without some personal attack - I genuinely feel bad if your arguments are so weak that the slightest pushback causes this level of bile.

This is not a significant level of bile. Calling you a 5 cent shabby poster with no original ideas is just descriptive. Seriously, you could be replaced with a script pulling quotes from Redstate. You have zero originality whatsoever.

Like this poo poo, for example:

The very next sentence in that article (which is titled Public to Supreme Court: Don’t gut Obamacare):

quote:

These results, though, contrast with other recent polls finding softening opposition and support above record low levels.

I mean, it's reasonable to assume you actually post to make Republicans look like mendacious idiots, because it's literally all you do.

And to quote tsa again, in his failed attempt to claim something similar to what you're claiming:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump closing in on serious candidates in poll run by Newt Gingrich's media company.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Obdicut posted:

This is not a significant level of bile. Calling you a 5 cent shabby poster with no original ideas is just descriptive. Seriously, you could be replaced with a script pulling quotes from Redstate. You have zero originality whatsoever.

I guess to avoid bringing down the level of discourse I should just be posting pictures of Hillary and Bernie making silly faces. Thank you for this lesson.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I guess to avoid bringing down the level of discourse I should just be posting pictures of Hillary and Bernie making silly faces. Thank you for this lesson.

To be fair, this would certainly beat looking at Walker's stoner face.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Trump closing in on serious candidates in poll run by Newt Gingrich's media company.

"Hey, you want a moon-base? I'll build the most luxurious moon-base anyone's ever seen, so big it'll be visible from Earth!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

You could actually engage with the arguments and so forth instead of collapsing into victimhood the minute someone says anything snarky about your refusal to do so. Just a thought.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

See, saying poo poo like this just makes you look like a moron. You think it's a zinger, I guess, but it just leaves people baffled. You have all the timing of Rand Paul's cultural references--there aren't any pictures at all on this page, or on last page, so if someone wants to understand your 'joke' they'd have to flip back through pages to find that, yes, in amidst the discussion, there were in fact pictures posted of people looking silly at some point. Ouch! What a corker.

To be clear: I want you to keep posting. You make yourself look like a fool, by doing ludicrously stupid poo poo like citing an article titled Public to Supreme Court: Don’t gut Obamacare to attack Obamacare. Whether you're a troll, just an idiot, or actually a liberal trying to make the GOP look bad by making ludicrously weak arguments, please proceed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Obdicut posted:

See, saying poo poo like this just makes you look like a moron. You think it's a zinger, I guess, but it just leaves people baffled. You have all the timing of Rand Paul's cultural references--there aren't any pictures at all on this page, or on last page, so if someone wants to understand your 'joke' they'd have to flip back through pages to find that, yes, in amidst the discussion, there were in fact pictures posted of people looking silly at some point. Ouch! What a corker.

To be clear: I want you to keep posting. You make yourself look like a fool, by doing ludicrously stupid poo poo like citing an article titled Public to Supreme Court: Don’t gut Obamacare to attack Obamacare. Whether you're a troll, just an idiot, or actually a liberal trying to make the GOP look bad by making ludicrously weak arguments, please proceed.

This is not a helpful post.

ETA: Also, this specific area of contention would probably fit better in USPol than in the Primary thread.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 9, 2015

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What the hell is this

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You could actually engage with the arguments and so forth instead of collapsing into victimhood the minute someone says anything snarky about your refusal to do so. Just a thought.

I don't really think "one person said one snarky thing" is an accurate description of the last few pages, but okay, noted.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I don't really think "one person said one snarky thing" is an accurate description of the last few pages, but okay, noted.

Just pick yourself up by your bootstraps and own the discussion by having the better arguments. Ultimately the trolling will fade away, and all that will remain is you being right, or at least that you gave a good game.

But again, this might not be the right thread for this, as ACA is less of a Primaries thing and more of a USPol thing, I think.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Please don't steal my gimmick. :ohdear:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

What the hell is this

It's an Its Its.
ice cream sandwiched between 2 chocolate chip cokies, that is then itself covered in chocolate.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just pick yourself up by your bootstraps and own the discussion by having the better arguments. Ultimately the trolling will fade away, and all that will remain is you being right, or at least that you gave a good game.

But again, this might not be the right thread for this, as ACA is less of a Primaries thing and more of a USPol thing, I think.

There isn't any trolling going on. I'm both completely serious about how his arguments are completely unoriginal, and that attempting to argue against Obamacare while citing an article about how people really don't want the Supreme Court to gut Obamacare is really, really silly.

For content:

Jill Stein is in 'exploratory' mode, with Cynthia McKinney looking like the only other Green in contention for the nomination. Is there any chance Stein doesn't run, and if so, why wouldn't she? She's not someone I can really figure out, nor can I figure out the Greens and their weird mishmash of valid positions and totally batshit views on science.

Skwirl posted:

It's an Its Its.
ice cream sandwiched between 2 chocolate chip cokies, that is then itself covered in chocolate.

And one of the best things on earth, ideally consumed while staring at sleeping koalas at the zoo or out at the Cliff House (alas, the musee mechanique has moved locations).

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Obdicut posted:

For content:

Jill Stein is in 'exploratory' mode, with Cynthia McKinney looking like the only other Green in contention for the nomination. Is there any chance Stein doesn't run, and if so, why wouldn't she? She's not someone I can really figure out, nor can I figure out the Greens and their weird mishmash of valid positions and totally batshit views on science.

It's easy, actually: what did hippies believe in the 1970's? That's what the Greens stand for. Some of what they thought was good, some of it is terrible and outdated and counter-productive.

Do they even have a primary process, though?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Obdicut posted:

I have no clue about whether or not she'll make a personal decision to run, but she almost lost the primary to Rosanne Barr last time and wasn't able to get nationwide ballot access. The Greens have an even steeper hill to climb this time around because until Bernie drops out it's effectively impossible for them to articulate a sane policy where they're the better option, draining their already shallow pool of fundraising and volunteers.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Joementum posted:

I have no clue about whether or not she'll make a personal decision to run, but she almost lost the primary to Rosanne Barr last time and wasn't able to get nationwide ballot access. The Greens have an even steeper hill to climb this time around because until Bernie drops out it's effectively impossible for them to articulate a sane policy where they're the better option, draining their already shallow pool of fundraising and volunteers.

Okay, the Greens have gone even farther down the rabbit hole than I thought. Really, I'm grateful to Sanders for providing a legitimately to-the-left but sane and responsible person, then. He's a serious guy with extremely decent policies even if he's a bit parochial and even though he has no chance in either the primary or the general it's nice to see his ideas getting respect, if not the idea that he can win.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do they even have a primary process, though?

They made it up as they went along in 2012 and had a few states with actual balloted primary elections, a few with caucus conventions, a few with online "voting", and then a final vote at their national convention.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

draining their already shallow pool of fundraising and volunteers.

Good.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Deep Hurting posted:

"Hey, you want a moon-base? I'll build the most luxurious moon-base anyone's ever seen, so big it'll be visible from Earth!"

Gonna be real funny if Trump's poll numbers force him to actually commit to this vanity run.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Alternately, who cares.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Gonna be real funny if Trump's poll numbers force him to actually commit to this vanity run.

Watching Donald Trump debate Hillary Clinton would be the maximum combination of hysterically funny and unbelievably retro, like a scene cut from Back to the Future part II.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

My greatest hope is that the Republican electorate can successfully counter-troll Trump into committing to a run.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deep Hurting posted:

Watching Donald Trump debate Hillary Clinton would be the maximum combination of hysterically funny and unbelievably retro, like a scene cut from Back to the Future part II.

I see your bet and add: Trump v. Sanders.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My god, just imagine the hair...

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The newspaper headline in BttFII reads, "President Says She's Tired," not "President Says He's Tired of Wealth Inequality."

Electing Trump would be exactly like electing Biff Tannen from 1985A.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Late Trip Report

The first annual Joni Ernst Roast & Ride has come and gone. There was a slight hiccup. OK two hiccups. Which caused this to be a bit of a let down of an event. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of candidates "participate in backyard games such as horseshoes, wiffle ball and cornhole.". In fact the only cornholing done was to Lindsay Graham's campaign volunteers.

P.S. It was the 71st anniversary of D-Day, so lots of patriotic and veteran talk. I'll just post cliff notes of the main points of the speeches.

We arrived at 11:45 and were hit with the first depressingly hilarious sight. They had 4 ticket takers set up, three white and one black. We didn't have to wait to get in.

Upon entering we went and setup our lawn chairs to stake our claim. We should have gotten there earlier. The seats were not as good as I wanted. Neither was the BBQ.

Hardee's pulled through in the end!

We also meet our first candidate while in line for the BBQ.

Poor Skip was ignored by many people. I was hoping he would give a speech.

The candidates were running late on their motorcycles, so we took the opportunity to look at each candidate's tents well 6 candidates and a PAC that is. Maybe get some swag (buttons) too.

Stopped at Huckabee's first. No buttons. We did get a chance to win a signed Huckabee book.They gave this out later when the candidates actually arrived. Neither of us won, but the guy who did was an angry, old man who said something about the government stealing something from him when he received the book from Mike. The Huck didn't look comfortable during this.

Next in line was Carson! They were giving out candy and buttons! They were also the only booth with minorities (not counting white women for this event). The two Asian ladies at the table spoke broken English and the highlight was when one of them chased down a man while yelling, "but Ben like the Latinos too!"

Next was Rubio. No buttons here and just like his presence in Iowa, a pathetic and bare minimum showing. Fun fact: That fat guy on the left was at the Trump rally too. He was wearing the exact same thing and was trying to get people to sign his petition or whatever. His shirt says BigGovermentSucks.com

This was about the time I noticed a few state troopers walking around and they all had their hands resting on their tasers and a few had them unfastened. It was disconcerting at the time.

We then went to the opposite end and came up to Perry. No buttons again. These guys brought their A game. I think I only saw three of them total at his tent, but they were the best at canvassing the crowd for volunteers.

Our American Revival aka Scott Walker is not running yet PAC. At least we got a Koozie and they brought the butter sculptor seen to the right in the Perry tent picture. It was well crafted.

This area was originally empty when we first arrived. Why? Because Fiorina's dum-dums setup their own tent outside the event. Don't worry they were moved inside before the event began. Here they were setting up. They didn't have buttons either. Another thing. They had the most volunteers and they were all women. Very cute women.

Last to be visited was Graham's. No buttons. This was the only group to actually engage us in a conversation. That guy in green was also the guy who said to us "so your going to be putting our pictures in your database." Probably shouldn't have told him we were Democrats.

Mike Huckabee was the first to arrive and it wasn't on a Harley. He was actually going to come down to his campaign booth and sit there for a while, but state police took him away before he could even enter the public area.

He also did a Fox News interview.

After that it was about a half hour until the other candidates showed up on the bikes. They announced this over the PA and told everyone where to go to see them. Everyone started heading over to that area only to be kicked out by security and state police. We were not press. This made it so I didn't get any pictures of the candidates sitting on or getting off the bikes. After a bit the only two to come over to the public were Scott Walker and Joni Ernst.

Joni spoke and said soon they would all be coming out to speak to us shortly. Right after I took this picture she looked me square in the eyes. No joke it was terrifying. There is something unsettling about her.

The Illuminati biker was seen.

Scott Walker ain't afraid of no bomb threats. He also doesn't look that bad in person. The man is not photogenic.

After about 15 minutes Walker left. Then Huckabee, Carson, Perry, and Walker came done from the candidate safety zone to meet and greet the public. Take from this what you will about Graham, Rubio, and Fiorina.

I was unable to get a Walker or Perry amongst the crowd shot.

The candidates that came down left again and the speeches began.

Joni Ernst kicked off the two and a half hours of speeches. She didn't say much. Just that all the candidates are great and one will be a great leader. The candidates will also take turns giving her a word oral during their speeches. I wonder if her endorsement is up in the air. I also don't understand why I've heard her name come up as a potential VP. I could see her running in 2024 depending on if she is reelected to the senate and who is in office. Enough of my opining.

Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds spoke next. I don't know how I didn't get a picture of her. She is Governor in waiting or a potential Grassely replacement. Terry Branstad, Chuck Grassely, Steve King, and David Young all spoke. Nothing exciting except for Grassely saying "I've Never rode a Harley, but I Harley delay in letting Iowans get taken for a ride." Steve King also said Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina need to get started soon to trim the field.

Surprise guest Tom Cotton came out.

Joni came back out and said something nice about Joe and Beau Biden. She is no Ted Cruz.

Now to the meat of it. James Richard "Rick" Perry. Is one of these points a goof?

- Bikers are heroes
-Civil War=World War 1= World War 2= Jimmy Carter=Obama. We lived through each trying time.
-Cut corporate tax rate to raise wages
-Use North American Energy to lower household energy bills.
-He can handle crisis. Space shuttle Columbia, Ebola, hurricanes (Katrina, Rita, Ike)
-Texas can deal with the border. 74% reduction in apprehensions. Sounds secure to me.
In the end the crowd loved Perry. I don't know how much was from him being first.

Scott Kevin Walker came out next to loud applause.

-He brought rain gear. I wish it had rained.
-He like Ernst because "She castrates pigs, rides a hog, and is cutting pork."
-He lived in Iowa 1970 to 1977. This will play to Iowans
-Worked at McDonald's
- Paul Ryan didn't have interpersonal skills, so he worked in the back at McDonald's
-I'm pretty sure he just said his grandparents were foreigners
-Need to cut government dependents. A loud cheer comes from the aging crowd
-4th of July is a celebration of independence from government not independence on it
-He went to school with a hostage from the Iran hostage crisis
-Right now it is worse than the cold war
The crowd went crazy for him. He killed it. I would wager he wins Iowa.

Carly Fiorina is a business woman. Her speech can tell you that.
[img][/img]
-She is qualified to be president because she ran HP
-God, God, God, God, God
-We are destroying more businesses than we are creating.
This is the point when I realized she is a coherent Donald Trump. Just watch his speech to get a gist of what she is saying.
In the end people clapped, but didn't seem enthused by her.

Lindsey Olin Graham. I posted we will die in nuclear fire after his speech.

-Ernst makes men squeal
-He will reduce debt and terrorists
-We should not be war weary
-Wants to send troops back over to fight
-Is weary of Putin, China, and terrorists and wants to fight
-Says boomers want money from people over 1964 so young people need to work longer and harder
-People in higher income need to give a little more
-Save middle class by jobs, tax rate changes
In the end I think people were confused by him. They were not thrilled with the rich giving more and more war, but still cheered some stuff. He killed the momentum after Fiorina stumbled even though his speech was the best.

Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson, Sr. He does Cosby mannerisms.

-Says he hopes they won't attack each other as much this campaign
-He doesn't like Obamacare. Who knew?
-Because he is a neurosurgeon he knows things.
-Says the founders meant to let all the classes prosper.
-Do not let secular progressives take your faith.
He was the driest of the bunch. The cheers were subdued and the clapping was polite. Nobody seemed excited

Marco Antonio Rubio. The most confusing candidate. At least he looks white.

-It is good they have many candidates Democrats do not have any.
-Machines taking our jobs
-The left wants to fix wage problem by raising taxes on rich and raising minimum wage. This will not work.
-Wants to lower cost of living by increasing energy production
-Wants to have trade schools for actual good jobs like plumbers, mechanics
-Does not want useless degrees like Greek philosophy.
-Wants to change antipoverty programs
-Change the courts to support the second amendment and our traditional beliefs.
-Common core is bad.
-He is 44 but feels like 45
He started slow, but re-energized the crowd. Probably the second most cheered for.

Michael Dale "Mike" Huckabee. At least he doesn't talk about molesting.

-Obama is starring in the new Disney film "Honey, I Shrunk the Economy!"
-He wants a fair tax
-He lived after fighting the Clinton machine-
-He choose to leave his show to help this nation
-The extreme court and it's judicial tyranny. *shakes fist*

Now Perry is a lich, Walker is a goober, Graham maybe gay, Rubio is a bit of a putz, Carson seems confused a lot, and Huckabee is a fat, child molester apologist.

Fiorina wears a ton of foundation and has splotchy skin.

Also swag!

That book is very badly written. Almost as bad as my posts.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

:stonk:
That is no barbecue. That looks like a hamsteak slathered in ketchup.

quote:

This, however, looks delicious :burger:

Is it just this picture, or does Huckabee actually have a tiny head on a massive, sasquatch body?

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 9, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mike Huckabee, apparently posted:

Wrapping your lies in awful jokes based on pop-culture references that are old enough to rent a car doesn't make them any more truthful, you fat Huck.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mr Hootington posted:

The two Asian ladies at the table spoke broken English....

...Very cute women.

Graham maybe gay...

I really enjoy your write-ups of events, but they don't need this dumb bullshit in them. I know you were probably just trying to be funny, but when you say stuff like that it comes off as sexist/racist/homophobic. There's enough of that in the stump speeches themselves. You don't need to add to it.

I think your analysis of Fiorina being a more sane version of Trump is pretty accurate, though.

Mr Hootington posted:

At least you copped to your posting be bad, though. :smith:

ErIog fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 9, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Deep Hurting posted:

Wrapping your lies in awful jokes based on pop-culture references that are old enough to rent a car doesn't make them any more truthful, you fat Huck.

He knows his audience, which is why he tries to sell them miracle mineral solution or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Mr Hootington posted:

Late Trip Report

The first annual Joni Ernst Roast & Ride has come and gone. There was a slight hiccup. OK two hiccups. Which caused this to be a bit of a let down of an event. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of candidates "participate in backyard games such as horseshoes, wiffle ball and cornhole.". In fact the only cornholing done was to Lindsay Graham's campaign volunteers.

P.S. It was the 71st anniversary of D-Day, so lots of patriotic and veteran talk. I'll just post cliff notes of the main points of the speeches.

We arrived at 11:45 and were hit with the first depressingly hilarious sight. They had 4 ticket takers set up, three white and one black. We didn't have to wait to get in.

Upon entering we went and setup our lawn chairs to stake our claim. We should have gotten there earlier. The seats were not as good as I wanted. Neither was the BBQ.

We also meet our first candidate while in line for the BBQ.

Poor Skip was ignored by many people. I was hoping he would give a speech.

The candidates were running late on their motorcycles, so we took the opportunity to look at each candidate's tents well 6 candidates and a PAC that is. Maybe get some swag (buttons) too.

Stopped at Huckabee's first. No buttons. We did get a chance to win a signed Huckabee book.They gave this out later when the candidates actually arrived. Neither of us won, but the guy who did was an angry, old man who said something about the government stealing something from him when he received the book from Mike. The Huck didn't look comfortable during this.

Next in line was Carson! They were giving out candy and buttons! They were also the only booth with minorities (not counting white women for this event). The two Asian ladies at the table spoke broken English and the highlight was when one of them chased down a man while yelling, "but Ben like the Latinos too!"

Next was Rubio. No buttons here and just like his presence in Iowa, a pathetic and bare minimum showing. Fun fact: That fat guy on the left was at the Trump rally too. He was wearing the exact same thing and was trying to get people to sign his petition or whatever. His shirt says BigGovermentSucks.com

This was about the time I noticed a few state troopers walking around and they all had their hands resting on their tasers and a few had them unfastened. It was disconcerting at the time.

We then went to the opposite end and came up to Perry. No buttons again. These guys brought their A game. I think I only saw three of them total at his tent, but they were the best at canvassing the crowd for volunteers.

Our American Revival aka Scott Walker is not running yet PAC. At least we got a Koozie and they brought the butter sculptor seen to the right in the Perry tent picture. It was well crafted.

This area was originally empty when we first arrived. Why? Because Fiorina's dum-dums setup their own tent outside the event. Don't worry they were moved inside before the event began. Here they were setting up. They didn't have buttons either. Another thing. They had the most volunteers and they were all women. Very cute women.

Last to be visited was Graham's. No buttons. This was the only group to actually engage us in a conversation. That guy in green was also the guy who said to us "so your going to be putting our pictures in your database." Probably shouldn't have told him we were Democrats.

Mike Huckabee was the first to arrive and it wasn't on a Harley. He was actually going to come down to his campaign booth and sit there for a while, but state police took him away before he could even enter the public area.

He also did a Fox News interview.

After that it was about a half hour until the other candidates showed up on the bikes. They announced this over the PA and told everyone where to go to see them. Everyone started heading over to that area only to be kicked out by security and state police. We were not press. This made it so I didn't get any pictures of the candidates sitting on or getting off the bikes. After a bit the only two to come over to the public were Scott Walker and Joni Ernst.

Joni spoke and said soon they would all be coming out to speak to us shortly. Right after I took this picture she looked me square in the eyes. No joke it was terrifying. There is something unsettling about her.

The Illuminati biker was seen.

Scott Walker ain't afraid of no bomb threats. He also doesn't look that bad in person. The man is not photogenic.

After about 15 minutes Walker left. Then Huckabee, Carson, Perry, and Walker came done from the candidate safety zone to meet and greet the public. Take from this what you will about Graham, Rubio, and Fiorina.

I was unable to get a Walker or Perry amongst the crowd shot.

The candidates that came down left again and the speeches began.

Joni Ernst kicked off the two and a half hours of speeches. She didn't say much. Just that all the candidates are great and one will be a great leader. The candidates will also take turns giving her a word oral during their speeches. I wonder if her endorsement is up in the air. I also don't understand why I've heard her name come up as a potential VP. I could see her running in 2024 depending on if she is reelected to the senate and who is in office. Enough of my opining.

Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds spoke next. I don't know how I didn't get a picture of her. She is Governor in waiting or a potential Grassely replacement. Terry Branstad, Chuck Grassely, Steve King, and David Young all spoke. Nothing exciting except for Grassely saying "I've Never rode a Harley, but I Harley delay in letting Iowans get taken for a ride." Steve King also said Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina need to get started soon to trim the field.

Surprise guest Tom Cotton came out.

Joni came back out and said something nice about Joe and Beau Biden. She is no Ted Cruz.

Now to the meat of it. James Richard "Rick" Perry. Is one of these points a goof?

- Bikers are heroes
-Civil War=World War 1= World War 2= Jimmy Carter=Obama. We lived through each trying time.
-Cut corporate tax rate to raise wages
-Use North American Energy to lower household energy bills.
-He can handle crisis. Space shuttle Columbia, Ebola, hurricanes (Katrina, Rita, Ike)
-Texas can deal with the border. 74% reduction in apprehensions. Sounds secure to me.
In the end the crowd loved Perry. I don't know how much was from him being first.

Scott Kevin Walker came out next to loud applause.

-He brought rain gear. I wish it had rained.
-He like Ernst because "She castrates pigs, rides a hog, and is cutting pork."
-He lived in Iowa 1970 to 1977. This will play to Iowans
-Worked at McDonald's
- Paul Ryan didn't have interpersonal skills, so he worked in the back at McDonald's
-I'm pretty sure he just said his grandparents were foreigners
-Need to cut government dependents. A loud cheer comes from the aging crowd
-4th of July is a celebration of independence from government not independence on it
-He went to school with a hostage from the Iran hostage crisis
-Right now it is worse than the cold war
The crowd went crazy for him. He killed it. I would wager he wins Iowa.

Carly Fiorina is a business woman. Her speech can tell you that.
[timg][img]http://i.imgur.com/yf3VCFgl.jpg[/timg][/img]
-She is qualified to be president because she ran HP
-God, God, God, God, God
-We are destroying more businesses than we are creating.
This is the point when I realized she is a coherent Donald Trump. Just watch his speech to get a gist of what she is saying.
In the end people clapped, but didn't seem enthused by her.

Lindsey Olin Graham. I posted we will die in nuclear fire after his speech.

-Ernst makes men squeal
-He will reduce debt and terrorists
-We should not be war weary
-Wants to send troops back over to fight
-Is weary of Putin, China, and terrorists and wants to fight
-Says boomers want money from people over 1964 so young people need to work longer and harder
-People in higher income need to give a little more
-Save middle class by jobs, tax rate changes
In the end I think people were confused by him. They were not thrilled with the rich giving more and more war, but still cheered some stuff. He killed the momentum after Fiorina stumbled even though his speech was the best.

Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson, Sr. He does Cosby mannerisms.

-Says he hopes they won't attack each other as much this campaign
-He doesn't like Obamacare. Who knew?
-Because he is a neurosurgeon he knows things.
-Says the founders meant to let all the classes prosper.
-Do not let secular progressives take your faith.
He was the driest of the bunch. The cheers were subdued and the clapping was polite. Nobody seemed excited

Marco Antonio Rubio. The most confusing candidate. At least he looks white.

-It is good they have many candidates Democrats do not have any.
-Machines taking our jobs
-The left wants to fix wage problem by raising taxes on rich and raising minimum wage. This will not work.
-Wants to lower cost of living by increasing energy production
-Wants to have trade schools for actual good jobs like plumbers, mechanics
-Does not want useless degrees like Greek philosophy.
-Wants to change antipoverty programs
-Change the courts to support the second amendment and our traditional beliefs.
-Common core is bad.
-He is 44 but feels like 45
He started slow, but re-energized the crowd. Probably the second most cheered for.

Michael Dale "Mike" Huckabee. At least he doesn't talk about molesting.

-He wants a fair tax
-He lived after fighting the Clinton machine-
-He choose to leave his show to help this nation
-The extreme court and it's judicial tyranny. *shakes fist*

Now Perry is a lich, Walker is a goober, Graham maybe gay, Rubio is a bit of a putz, Carson seems confused a lot, and Huckabee is a fat, child molester apologist.

Also swag!

Great post! very informative. You know, if there weren't any names on any of these it would look almost like a bunch of people interviewing for a job.. I suppose in a sense they are. The job title being: "President of the United States of America"

• Locked thread