Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mike-o posted:

I don't give a gently caress if someone wants to become a dude/chick. I just can't stand the special snowflake me me me I'm offended at everything attitude.

I don't give a gently caress if someone wants to become a dude/chick. I just can't stand it when the response to that is "THEY'RE NOT BECOMING ANYTHING THEY ALWAYS WERE SHITLORD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mike-o posted:

Can I be a real hero if I chop my dick off and turn it inside out, and start calling myself Michelle? Bigger question, will the old ladies at the Dallas airport shake my hand and call me a hero when I do it?

Michelle-Obama :aaaaa:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Michelle-Obama :aaaaa:

Do I need to start asking first dates for their birth certificates? For gender reasons.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Third World Reggin posted:

I have found someone on these forums who is thinking of joining the military, and they already have made a good choice to not go down the nuke pipe line in the navy.

But I started talking about all the poo poo I had to steal or lie about in the military and now they are wondering what else has been done.

I remember awhile ago I read a story of some pilots in WWII who stole entire engines for their fighters from another part of a base but I can't find that story.

I once stole a 50 gallon drum of engine oil by signing it out as Mickey Mouse because there was no way in gently caress I was gonna cart all those quart tins for a whole company of tanks. Mechanics appreciated having the drum, but apparently someone flipped their poo poo because only E7 and above could sign out any more than 3 quarts after that.

Sorry, 2-9 people, for making poo poo a bit worse. In my defence it was only a bit worse, and there was so much more dumber poo poo than that going on.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Do I need to start asking first dates for their birth certificates? For gender reasons.

Gender is a social construct, get on the right side of history you pig

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

They're working on being able to change the gender listed on birth certificates. You'll never be safe unless you just accept that "unexpected package." Just like on a WESTPAC

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

this is why i only bone pregnant chicks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this is why i only bone pregnant chicks

right so gently caress shim's leftovers to be sure

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Can't knock up a chick who's already knocked up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Plus you get to jizz on a small child.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

:dogbutton:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Spicy Guacamole posted:

About that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Stultus Maximus posted:

:catstare:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Well you don't.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So on topics that aren't related to giving some deployed Marine's kid a mushroom bruise in the soft spot...

Is it me or is Tanqueray marketed to black people? Like, I see Tanqueray billboards and it's always black people on them and the other day when I bought a handle (which I'm def. enjoying) the black clerk said "nice choice." So is it a specific marketing choice or do they do really localized marketing and I just have been living in majority black neighborhoods?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Stultus Maximus posted:

So on topics that aren't related to giving some deployed Marine's kid a mushroom bruise in the soft spot...

Is it me or is Tanqueray marketed to black people? Like, I see Tanqueray billboards and it's always black people on them and the other day when I bought a handle (which I'm def. enjoying) the black clerk said "nice choice." So is it a specific marketing choice or do they do really localized marketing and I just have been living in majority black neighborhoods?

I can answer this. First, what you're describing isn't marketing -- that's generally pitching a price or a deal. Tanqueray approached an ad agency asking for work to bolster sales/awareness/etc to a black demographic. The work then goes out out to a media agency who places it in specific areas, so yes, it is targeted by town, region, state, etc.

You very well may live in an area where there's a high population of black people, or simply just a region. It could also be a national campaign. The work also doubles for other audiences as well. I guarantee you there's a white person somewhere in the ad. Agencies will shoehorn a white guy in a black-targeted ad as a means to give white audiences "permission to buy."

That's a no poo poo real tactic. You'll very rarely see only one ethnic group in an ad, and only if the ad is extremely targeted towards that demographic.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 9, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

holocaust bloopers posted:

I can answer this. First, what you're describing isn't marketing -- that's generally pitching a price or a deal. Tanqueray approached an ad agency asking for work to bolster sales/awareness/etc to a black demographic. The work then goes out out to a media agency who places it in specific areas, so yes, it is targeted by town, region, state, etc.

You very well may live in an area where there's a high population of black people, or simply just a region. It could also be a national campaign. The work also doubles for other audiences as well. I guarantee you there's a white person somewhere in the ad. Agencies will shoehorn a white guy in a black-targeted ad as a means to give white audiences "permission to buy."

That's a no poo poo real tactic. You'll very rarely see only one ethnic group in an ad, and only if the ad is extremely targeted towards that demographic.

I mean yeah, I have generally lived in majority black areas. I just haven't seen Tanqueray ads outside those areas so i wasn't sure what was going on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Stultus Maximus posted:

I mean yeah, I have generally lived in majority black areas. I just haven't seen Tanqueray ads outside those areas so i wasn't sure what was going on.

Companies don't spend on advertising year round. Well unless you're Coca-Cola or Apple. Tanqueray could be opting for seasonal advertising based on knowledge that their product tends to be popular in the summer, so they can easily push it around this time of year.

edit: another advertising psychology fact is black people tend not to buy products that only advertise with only black people. Another reason why a white dude will be somewhere in the ad. It's a sign of quality i.e. if a white dude is seen using this obviously it's not a lovely product destined only for black people.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 9, 2015

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
The only gin my grocery store carries is Tanqueray. I don't see many white people shopping there.

The only instances of Tanqueray being mentioned in media that I can remember are from the lyrics to "Gin & Juice" and these commercials starring a foppish black fella from way back whenever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRJQRLkHlUY

In summary: Tanqueray = black people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I don't give a gently caress if someone wants to become a dude/chick. I just can't stand the special snowflake me me me I'm offended at everything attitude.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Victor Vermis posted:

The only gin my grocery store carries is Tanqueray. I don't see many white people shopping there.

The only instances of Tanqueray being mentioned in media that I can remember are from the lyrics to "Gin & Juice" and these commercials starring a foppish black fella from way back whenever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRJQRLkHlUY

In summary: Tanqueray = black people.

Not true. Just pulled their selling data off of a professional data site.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The take-away message is parents are resigned to becoming alcoholics as their kids get older.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io1UADruF2k

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Not true. Just pulled their selling data off of a professional data site.

Black people don't take surveys.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

None of you have asked the real question.

Why spend $50 on a handle of Tanqueray when a 100oz bottle of Pine-Sol costs $7 and tastes the same.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I drink ethylene glycol straight tyvm

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh dear god

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A subreddit for everything.
nope

:confused:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy gently caress. I think I have an ingrown hair on my rear end right by my tail bone. Sitting, walking, everything hurts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Google pilonidal cyst

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mine popped back up a few months ago and I made the mistake of using a pillow from my bed as a seat cushion because it was impossible to sit like a normal human being.

Fucker burst and soaked through it.

Cool life.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I hear when they go, the stench is vile.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I hear when they go, the stench is vile.

If you wait too long, yeah.

Orange ain't bad.

Gray is death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Google pilonidal cyst

That sounds right.

• Locked thread