Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

The Moto 360 is huge and if you don't think it looks idiotic you might be an average fedora wearing goon.

The Urbane is even bigger, though. The 360 is the clear choice unless you are a hip dad or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Then the extra casing that makes it look like a watch hides it better.

Unless you want it to stand out so people will ask "Where did you get a round Apple Watch?" and then start to walk away when you try to explain that Actually!...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I duct taped my Galaxy S4 to my wrist.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

people will ask "Where did you get a round Apple Watch?"

This actually has happened a few times. In its defense, somebody recently asked the same thing about one of my normal quartz watches, so :shrug:.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sleppy posted:

The Urbane is even bigger, though. The 360 is the clear choice unless you are a hip dad or something.

The stupid flat tire screen on the 360 ruins it for me. The urbane though looks like a real watch though. It's probably the best looking one out there right now. And frankly the size of either of them doesn't matter considering the size of what real watchmakers are putting out these days. The urbane and apple watch look big until you put them next to a 52mm watch.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The Moto 360 is huge and if you don't think it looks idiotic you might be an average fedora wearing goon.

Not all of us are tiny weirdos who can't wear adult sized watches.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Scarf posted:

I duct taped my Galaxy S4 to my wrist.

I much prefer double sided tape, way more classy.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

big mean giraffe posted:

You sound really fat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

Everyone who wears a watch is a weirdo.

Except children, ironically.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Friendly reminder that while body shaming is perfectly fine, shop shaming is still forbidden.

Also watches are cool and pretty and fun to wear.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Got some lebron 12's

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Sunglasses:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

big mean giraffe posted:

If you honestly don't think the moto360 is stylish at all you might be functionally retarded. Or just an average fedora wearing goon.
It's also cheaper and made by a company that doesn't make poo poo products.

I owned one months before it was available in my country. It's nice looking, with some major flaws, and the worst hardware. 360 fanboys are ridiculous. You can't say anything about smartwatches without one piping up.

My phone is a nexus 6 so it's not an anti-Motorola thing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RisqueBarber posted:

Got some lebron 12's

It looks like someone vomited the 80s on a pair of shoes.

NO SHAME

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

ChocNitty posted:

I found the holy grail of wristwatches:

No one? Really? Ok, I'll do it.

Looks like you got wrist rolled. :rimshot:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It looks like someone vomited the 80s on a pair of shoes.

NO SHAME

do you buy anything yourself

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The stupid flat tire screen on the 360 ruins it for me. The urbane though looks like a real watch though. It's probably the best looking one out there right now. And frankly the size of either of them doesn't matter considering the size of what real watchmakers are putting out these days. The urbane and apple watch look big until you put them next to a 52mm watch.
Normal people don't wear Panerais.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RisqueBarber posted:

do you buy anything yourself

No, I live an ascetic life.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Reverse Centaur posted:

I owned one months before it was available in my country. It's nice looking, with some major flaws, and the worst hardware. 360 fanboys are ridiculous. You can't say anything about smartwatches without one piping up.

Look at the last few posts in the Android Wear thread. If I'd been in a room with those guys they probably would have lynched me for the "bad" things I said...

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

No one? Really? Ok, I'll do it.

Looks like you got wrist rolled. :rimshot:

rick rolex'd

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

RisqueBarber posted:

Got some lebron 12's

Pretty baller but, then again, my gym shoes glow in the dark so I might have bad taste.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Got 3 catfish filets, and 2 speckled trout filets.

Poboys for days! :woop:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Just got a foot long sub.

Gonna buy socks on Amazon soon.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I got a pair of shoes because I thought they looked sharp and they were on clearance. By a company I've never heard of called Coxx Bobra

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
After (needlessly, it turns out) replacing the bulb for one of my headlights and finding out it goes off and on based on the amount I (or the road) jiggle the cable, a new purchase was in order:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Reverse Centaur posted:

all smart watches are loving dumb. not shop shaming just an objective fact, much like how someone buying a barrel of human turds doesnt make a barrel of human turds any less stupid :smuggo:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

all smart watches are loving dumb. not shop shaming just an objective fact, much like how someone buying a barrel of human turds doesnt make a barrel of human turds any less stupid :smuggo:

How much are you asking for this barrel of human turds?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

I remember when people said the same thing about cell phones. I find mine useful and will never go back. They still need to look better though.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

CrimsonAuthor posted:

rick rolex'd

Better.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a pair of these:

Adidas Samoa Retro. Hopefully they are up to the thread's distinguished shoe standards.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Tick rolled.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Jmcrofts posted:

Bought a pair of these:

Adidas Samoa Retro. Hopefully they are up to the thread's distinguished shoe standards.

I don't like the way they fit, I go with Busenitz or Sambas instead. Good shoes all around, just depends on how they feel for you.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Went to B&H to buy a $20 changing bag.....left spending $125. :emo:

bulk loader

reusable 35mm cans

Ilford HP5 in bulk

Changing Bag

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

A pack of these

The fastener is a real let down on an otherwise great product.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Vier posted:

A pack of these

The fastener is a real let down on an otherwise great product.

Sweet cock ring.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

1redflag posted:

Sweet cock ring.

:smug:

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

RisqueBarber posted:

Got some lebron 12's

These are loving rad and legit good court shoes but my pancake feet are too wide for them. What DID fit though:

Orlando Magic Shaqs

Also bought a pair of 2014 Nike Zoom Hyperfuse that fit me pretty good too, but they're boring. Finding basketball shoes for wide feet is a bitch.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Got a new monitor

Samsung 27"

to replace my 8 year old 19 inch dell that was starting to show signs of dying. Got it at costco, 50$ rebate and using my 2% check it brought it down to $120.

This along with my GTX 960 make me happy about witcher 3.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Got a new monitor

Samsung 27"

to replace my 8 year old 19 inch dell that was starting to show signs of dying. Got it at costco, 50$ rebate and using my 2% check it brought it down to $120.

This along with my GTX 960 make me happy about witcher 3.

Is that the actual bezel, or just a fancy picture?

I don't really need a new monitor, but .... that's a spectacular price ! (I say without having looked at the specs)

:content:

Decided I needed something more adult like for lugging all my poo poo to work, beats using a reusable shopping bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Sappo569 posted:

Is that the actual bezel, or just a fancy picture?

I don't really need a new monitor, but .... that's a spectacular price ! (I say without having looked at the specs)

:content:

Decided I needed something more adult like for lugging all my poo poo to work, beats using a reusable shopping bag

It is exaggerated a bit with the backlight, it's a deeper blue unless you have studio lighting. But it is beautiful still. Price was 210 or so before my check though. I buy a lot of stuff at costco.