Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I prefer Star Fox without 25-minute anime cutscenes that are interjected between every 30 seconds of gameplay, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

I prefer Star Fox without 25-minute anime cutscenes that are interjected between every 30 seconds of gameplay, thanks

im convinced some people have never played a Platinum game, also lol insinuating anything could be worse than loving Command, which literally was the worst fanfiction fiesta of poo poo ever

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...28Siliconera%29

The director of #FE (SMTXFE) has been revealed and it is Mitsuru Hirata known for Radiant Historia. Included in the link is Hirata's experience with Fire Emblem.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

New firmware. The TVii icon has been removed from Euro U's. The end of an era.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

im convinced some people have never played a Platinum game

I'm playing Bayonetta and it's cool and he's right, there are way too many silly cutscenes

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 9, 2015

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

They should just remove it for Canada too. It never did anything here either.

I stand corrected. Apparently its just pretty useless.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MinibarMatchman posted:

im convinced some people have never played a Platinum game, also lol insinuating anything could be worse than loving Command, which literally was the worst fanfiction fiesta of poo poo ever

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Please don't remind me of the Kursed ending.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Theta Zero posted:

Please don't remind me of the Kursed ending.

What about the ending where Slippy gets married and the only person that shows up is ROB?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish starfox would die

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What about the ending where Slippy gets married and the only person that shows up is ROB?

You know what? You're right.

Please don't remind me of Command in general.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Man these cutscenes if only I could skip them!!!!!!!!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Shadow Heats: Wandering Innocence In Utopia

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I looked up the endings to Command to see what all the fuss was. I regret that decision.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There was one cool ending where Fox and Falco turn their ships into F-Zero machines and compete in the F-Zero Grand Prix.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Miyamoto is making star fox.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I think the only somewhat good thing about Command was that it had online play.

mabels big day posted:

You know, Command was Directed by Miyamoto's son-in-law who also worked on Star Fox 2 (and I believe had some of his company's work ported to Star Fox 64 somewhere along the line), and yet it's still just plain terrible.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Saoshyant posted:

For Star Fox Revengeance, you should acquire the "barrel roll" unlock first.

I wonder what a space parry will be like?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

There was one cool ending where Fox and Falco turn their ships into F-Zero machines and compete in the F-Zero Grand Prix.

loving A right. Besides this is the only real way Fox is gonna get to reunite with his father.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

I think he's directing but they're using NAMCO for development.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I hope Nintendo buys Namco right before they buy Capcom

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

edit: weird double post in wrong thread :psyduck:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Speaking of Capcom, they're putting that Mega Man collection on every system except WiiU, which sucks. I really think it would sell more on WiiU than Xbox One despite the bone having more units out there because there are more people with a WiiU who actually give a poo poo about Mega Man. It sure as gently caress isn't going to be taxing, it's coming to 3ds.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I hope the new Star Fox lets your friends use their 3DS to control other pilots so that the main game has a coop mode. I don't actually think we're going to get that but I love the idea so much I wanted to make other people sad we probably won't get it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

greatn posted:

Speaking of Capcom, they're putting that Mega Man collection on every system except WiiU, which sucks. I really think it would sell more on WiiU than Xbox One despite the bone having more units out there because there are more people with a WiiU who actually give a poo poo about Mega Man. It sure as gently caress isn't going to be taxing, it's coming to 3ds.

They'd probably gently caress it up intentionally like the Gamecube version. How the hell can you switch the controls and not give the option to fix that poo poo?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

I hope Nintendo buys Namco right before they buy Capcom

Nintendo announces that they're buying Namco; immediately after that they announce Klonoa 3 is in production and being directed by Sakurai

e: And then they announce Klonoa for Smash

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

To be fair that era never really began.

Re Starfox, I just want 64/Lylat Wars again with as few experimental things as possible, but that's already unlikely given how they've talked about missions being episodic (with the example being some missions being primetime and others being late-night whatever that means), Project Guard and Giant Robot being related to Starfox, and the Arwing literally transforming into a Landmaster.

Also I don't really like the idea of the ships guns being able to pivot to facilitate the gamepad aiming. Back in my day we shooted in the direction we wanted to go, or went in the direction we were shooting.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

that is because all those games exist on Virtual Console already. capcom likely not gonna waste time on that poo poo since it has all these subpar MMZ and Battle Network games to pump out first. Honestly since these games are coming to Steam what makes you think anyone will even bother to get it on consoles ever again, anyway? They will be on sales and will all run on potato machines forever.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Ultigonio posted:

I think the only somewhat good thing about Command was that it had online play.

I've never played it, but somebody posted a picture from one of the endings (I think) that had a pug person. Every time I see that picture, I can't help but laugh for minutes straight. So that's a good thing too, just not like it was intended.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And I have them all on virtual console, but I would still love the new features like challenge modes and difficulty settings, boss rush, etc. I probably will never buy this for steam, I just do not use computers for gaming. I use computers for my job and I prefer to keep it seperate.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

possibly the dumbest loving rumor yet and oh so laughable

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/rumor-nintendo-to-reveal-vrtual-boy-vr-headset-at-e3-2015/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I'd like this to happen solely because they've been referencing the Virtual Boy a lot lately. :allears: Wanna see nerds scavenge for VB references in the past five years and see some pattern.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I liked Star Fox: Assault, even the ground missions. :smith:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd like this to happen solely because they've been referencing the Virtual Boy a lot lately. :allears: Wanna see nerds scavenge for VB references in the past five years and see some pattern.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope for Star Fox Adventures 2 and I'm not joking.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...28Siliconera%29

The director of #FE (SMTXFE) has been revealed and it is Mitsuru Hirata known for Radiant Historia. Included in the link is Hirata's experience with Fire Emblem.

Don't know his other work, but it's a good sign unless #FE has a miniscule budget like RH.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
A new Star Fox game that combined the elements of Star Fox Command, 64, and Adventures would be dope as hell, at least in the hands of a competent developer. Give me as many insane transforming vehicles as possible, with a variety of gameplay and characters. At this point Star Fox should basically be a AAA Nintendo-flavored EDF.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's an EDF?

You know what would be awesome? Nintendo has a literally complete finished copy of Star Fox 2 which literally was only never released because they didn't want to distract from the impending Nintendo 64. They should pay the piper over at argonaut so they can finally release it, whether on virtual console or as a bonus on the new Star Fox game. If they wanna go full evil they can require you to scan an Amiibo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

A new Star Fox game that combined the elements of Star Fox Command, 64, and Adventures would be dope as hell, at least in the hands of a competent developer. Give me as many insane transforming vehicles as possible, with a variety of gameplay and characters. At this point Star Fox should basically be a AAA Nintendo-flavored EDF.

Star Fox + Blast Corps

Star Corps.

greatn posted:

What's an EDF?

Earth Defense Force

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

It would be dope if they released the few good VB games on the 3DS, though...

greatn posted:

What's an EDF?

I want to blow up giant ants in a Star Fox game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They already remade Starfox 2, I posted a screenshot earlier:

• Locked thread