Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Extra u's aren't that hard to comprehend. They add colour to language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I was meaning that the game was indecipherable but good retort

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Wonder Turbine posted:

I actually don't have a Chinese phone number or anything like that, so I am still sitting at 1000 points or so. And even if I could, it seems that QQ accounts now require a Chinese ID number and valid documentation/photos in order to be able to log in. So I'm not sure if any of us will be able to join until a localized version shows up in three years or so.

How were you able to enter?

I live in china so have a chinese sim card and can get that kinda stuff for gooooons

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haquer posted:

I was meaning that the game was indecipherable but good retort

I always thought that wushu made sense it's own weird way.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok, so I got 970 chinapoints from doing all the non-phone-requiring things. So even if I got the 400 from the 2 phone things, that's 1370 out of 1500 points. If the only other method is 10 points every 2 days then I might as well just wait for the open beta to happen.

Unless this phone registration is different from the one here, then it would only take a week?

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

what? .. quality chinese shovel man, dont diss the culture, gotta respect.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
It's pretty good. The combat is not as clever as wushu, but it's way more polished. I only have one style (will it stay like this?) but it feels a lot more like ninja gaiden or DMC than age of wushu.

The amount of keys let out is not even the real bottleneck. I get queued to enter the server from 3pm-1am; there are just not enough servers yet. They released a new server yesterday and today, so soon that shouldn't be a problem.

I chose the Shenwei class. I guess it's like shao and RG combined (maybe not the ranged mastery of RG). I have a spear and a bow. I swing the spear around and slam it and it is a good time all around. Meridians seem a lot more like FFX's weird orb system (i never played it but saw some people using the exp tree)

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 5, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Do you have the move where you rip off your shirt and go kaioken?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Do you have the move where you rip off your shirt and go kaioken?

Yes.

Also I have an extra QQ with account if someone needs

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

If it's an extra qq with the game I'll take it.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

If it's an extra qq with the game I'll take it.

You dont take PMs so I'll give you this:

1245808490 add one to each digit, don't carry ones is your account

lhm34hb10wei is the other thing you'd need.

There's a shenwei on that account but she's like 39? As far as I understand the beta only allows levelling to lvl 40 sooo i'd recommend making a new char.

Anyway.

The levelling system is better than wushu. There are many ways in which this is true, but the only one that needs mention is the lack of TP.

Well, not entirely. There's a cool thing called 打坐 which i guess is like lounging where you go and sit (YES JUST SIT. ACCEPT THE QUEST AND JUST HANG THE gently caress OUT) and it gets the two types of experience. It's like TP in that it's community-based (there's some bonus for being in a party while doing this lounging but i've yet to figure out what it is), and that is is once per day and that it gives exp. Why is it better? No one can 坑 a TP and waste your goddamned time. (Your valuable time, Dear MMO fan). Also, three-day buffer. You can miss this for three days straight and just 打坐 the gently caress out and if there is a penalty it is very meager.

So what are these two types of exp? One is called 阅历 and the other 修为 (为修?). 阅历 is used for levelling up proper, and for spending on your 身份 (~Life profession) skills. 修为 is for levelling up meridians or your 心法 which is like an internal kinda, but you don't even get one until level 31.

Running around is fun. The maps actually have worthwhile poo poo hidden in all corners, and auto 修为 bonuses for uncovering new areas of the map. I spend a good few hours just random questing and exploring and made some decent loot. There are also challenges; npcs scattered around jianghu for you to challenge; there are rewards for 'normal' mode and then some for 'hard'. Doing quests or uncovering places can trigger the appearance of other quests, so it's almost impossible to 'sweep' a map and move on.

Please give me questions to investigate.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Thanks! Downloading now. It's funny, I just got PMs because I finally felt the need for a report button. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have 500 dumb questions to ask.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Thanks! Downloading now. It's funny, I just got PMs because I finally felt the need for a report button. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have 500 dumb questions to ask.

You need to turn it on so we can send messages, silly billy.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

BERGfu posted:

You need to turn it on so we can send messages, silly billy.

Huh. I guess I do.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Almond Crunch posted:

Please give me questions to investigate.

Can you airtank bosses

this is the only thing i will ever care about again

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

kznlol posted:

Can you airtank bosses

Pavlov will let us know....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why are you guys making me want this

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, you jerks.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

Can you airtank bosses

i don't know but lets talk about combat.

pve combat anyway

so the real substance of this game is the combat. most pve encounters fall into two types: either a boss-like single enemy or a swarm-type mob with one or two significantly stronger enemies. Each of the classes I've tried so far (TaiBai, which is a quick sword-type dude like wushu's scholar, Beggar, and Shenwei, which use a spear and a bow together), while ostensibly having a different style and capacity for aspects of pve like control and dps and range etc, all play similarly in a few respects: you only have one style of about 12 attacks. As you've got 12 compared to wushu's 6-9 skills, the number of attacks, and so the number of possible combos, goes up. The basic 'game' is thus using those attacks and combinations of them to manage AOE damage on mobs and higher, targeted damage to the leader.

Also, no mp. Attacks only have cooldown timers.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 9, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Eonwe posted:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Truly, the most beautiful flower blossoms in adversity.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

ah yes a broken face simulator. Here I come!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Time to turn into a cartoon villain

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

BERGfu posted:

Time to turn into a cartoon villain

the highest form of villainy a canadian can achieve, really

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, notice to all whiny babies about how hard 1500 heaven-accumulator points is to achieve:

now you can spend 50 to spin the wheel, five times a day. Plz get more accounts for goons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so we're all going to play this game when it comes out

RIP us

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
May they never fix the face sliders.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Eonwe posted:

RIP us
It's the call of the chinagame.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I keep getting kicked for repeat logins, which I think means someone else is trying to use the same account. Is that one of you guys?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Eonwe posted:

RIP us

See you in 3+ years!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

See you in 3+ years!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Pavlov posted:

I keep getting kicked for repeat logins, which I think means someone else is trying to use the same account. Is that one of you guys?

just lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pavlov posted:

God help you if you put any personal info on your account

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

What? No, I'm just using the account Almond posted above.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok thats good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i for one cant wait to visit subway for delicious sandwiches and game subscriptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ok Almond first question, because I'm not drawing all this into google translate:

What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?