Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

less laughter posted:

Sticker Star is the worst first party game Nintendo has put out in a decade
It is a game where the optimal way to play is to ignore 90% of its content, and it is a short and ludicrously simple game to begin with. It is the result of focus testing on an already bad RPG, where people said that the plot was plodding and tedious, and the response was to remove the plot entirely, and also all the characters and gameplay mechanics..

It's probably not the worst first-party Nintendo game ever since there have been a bunch of stinkers that never left Japan, but it is really, really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
AVGN game was pretty fun I thought. It's just basically a game where you have to pay careful attention to the environments and the rules that get established, learn a bosses pattern well, and figure out when it's safe to attack or get past normal enemies. The music is really good and I like the sprite work. The text is somewhat embarrassing but I've cracked up at it more than once just at the absurdity of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like how the "Miyamoto said they should only use existing characters" thing has somehow devolved to "the game literally has no characters or plot or dialogue!"

Sticker Star isn't the best game but the hyperbole over it is more the result of fan backlash against an interview that was exaggerated into hyperbole than it is about the game itself.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

No one is biting in the 3DS thread - unsurprising, since it's worth like a dollar - but if anyone wants a Gunman Clive code, PM me.

edit: taken, finally

Calamity Brain fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 5, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ImpAtom posted:

I like how the "Miyamoto said they should only use existing characters" thing has somehow devolved to "the game literally has no characters or plot or dialogue!"

Sticker Star isn't the best game but the hyperbole over it is more the result of fan backlash against an interview that was exaggerated into hyperbole than it is about the game itself.

I'm convinced Paper Mario fans are insane and should be ignored.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sticker Star was a boring adventure game that suffered from trying its shoehorned in rpg mechanics and would have been better as just the adventure game parts without all the padding and wandering around tedious trial and error poo poo.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I like Super Paper Mario as a weird long open world platformer.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Only Pac-Attack this week? Come on, we got that already in the GBA Pac-Man Collection and that's a dollar cheaper than this and has more Pac-Man included.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DetoxP posted:

No one is biting in the 3DS thread - unsurprising, since it's worth like a dollar - but if anyone wants a Gunman Clive code, PM me.

I bought it like two days before they announced it in the bundle. sigh...

speaking of $2 games, found Elite Beat Agents at Game Stop for $2. They seem to be trying to get rid of their stock of DS games, so it might be worth it to run in and check for weird classics.

Does Mario Golf require the DLC to be really fun? I just can't get into it, and wonder if that is what really makes the game pop.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Anora posted:

I bought it like two days before they announced it in the bundle. sigh...

speaking of $2 games, found Elite Beat Agents at Game Stop for $2. They seem to be trying to get rid of their stock of DS games, so it might be worth it to run in and check for weird classics.

Yeah, I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I got Rhythm Heaven, Hotel Dusk and a couple other games for like $10. Mario, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, etc big name franchises are still basically full price though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

They got rid of Bowser's dialogue. Your argument is invalid

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Only Pac-Attack this week? Come on, we got that already in the GBA Pac-Man Collection and that's a dollar cheaper than this and has more Pac-Man included.
They are probably saving the prime meat of their summer Virtual Console lineup so they can announce it at E3.

At this point I would hope that they DON'T announce Gamecube support at E3 because they still kind of need to stop dropping the ball on the systems they already have on VC. North America got the first three Wii Classics in January and then RADIO SILENCE ever since. It's really frustrating.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Quest For Glory II posted:

They are probably saving the prime meat of their summer Virtual Console lineup so they can announce it at E3.

At this point I would hope that they DON'T announce Gamecube support at E3 because they still kind of need to stop dropping the ball on the systems they already have on VC. North America got the first three Wii Classics in January and then RADIO SILENCE ever since. It's really frustrating.

Agreed. I was hoping that we would see perhaps Skyward Sword and/or Twilight Princess (rather the GC version than the Wii one due to the controls, honestly) among others with Punch-Out!/Galaxy 2/Metroid Trilogy as the beginnings of releasing classic Wii games, but it's been a tomb since those few lovely weeks. I was annoyed that they did not give some of these games support for more control styles, but that doesn't meant that I wanted them to stop releasing Wii classics entirely.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

I'm convinced Paper Mario fans are insane and should be ignored.

It's true

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Has anyone played Adventures of Pip and is it more interesting than it looks? I've heard a lot of buzz about that game and virt did the music but it doesn't look much better than your average retro nostalgia platformer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm mostly interested in the soundtrack because the trailer music sounded like Virt was going for Super Mario Galaxy feel and I am all up in that

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Has anyone played Adventures of Pip and is it more interesting than it looks? I've heard a lot of buzz about that game and virt did the music but it doesn't look much better than your average retro nostalgia platformer.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks cool as hell. It goes from 8 bit to 16 bit and even 32 bit, I think. And it's a Metroivania? Sign me the gently caress up assholes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 11):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 White (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Guac' a Mole (Wii U eShop) - €2.69 / £? until June 11
    Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 20
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 from June 11-25
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 from June 11-July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 from June 11-July 11

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - €29.99 / £24.99 (June 12)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    [uDr. Mario: Miracle Cure[/u] - €9.99 / £8.99
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Retro City Rampage DX (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.48 until June 11
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Battleminer (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 from June 11-25
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you have downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic until ?
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.65 / £1.29 or €0.80 / £0.65 if you have downloaded Heart Beaten until ?
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 from June 11-July 11
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Dr. Mario Miracle Cure includes classic Dr. Mario plus Dr Luigi/Virus Buster variants, an optional "miracle cure" powerup system and online and local multiplayer with download play.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I really want the humble bundle but it's region locked away from Australia. As usual, I blame Nintendo.

:'(

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dr. Mario Miracle Cure includes classic Dr. Mario plus Dr Luigi/Virus Buster variants, an optional "miracle cure" powerup system and online and local multiplayer with download play.

Oooh, you can get Dr. Luigi for 3DS now? That's great news for me!

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Cross-post from main game deals thread:

$100 in Steam/PSN/Xbox/Nintendo gift cards for $85 from Best Buy via an eBay deal.
Use coupon code C15FATHERSDAY at checkout.
You can add different cards or two of the same to your cart. You can also choose between in-store pickup or free shipping options.

$50 Steam: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201302421662
$50 PSN: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321554831789
$50 Xbox: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191384360251
$50 eShop: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321642238333

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Aussie ratings board has outed a few more releases: Picross e6 (3DS eShop), Double Dragon III NES and GOTY All Years.

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing

This pleases me more than it should.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

What is this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES) for Wii U VC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fremry posted:

What is this?

A game about pissing off Pac Man and ruining his day.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fremry posted:

What is this?

New Adventures of Pacman 2 which is a piece of poo poo but kind of funny I guess

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fremry posted:

What is this?

Kind of like if you took a point n' click adventure game and tried to make it on the SNES. It's a pretty weird game but dang that walk cycle.

Metal Pac Solid: Smug Walker

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yeah that walk need to be posted directly instead of being hidden.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) has been ESRB-rated, in case anyone was worried it wasn't coming.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I prefer to think of that Pac-Man as the best second-person game ever made.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pac-Man 2 with touchscreen controls instead of awkward d-pad cursor movement would be my favorite game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I prefer to think of that Pac-Man as the best second-person game ever made.

Mario 64 :colbert:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pac-man 2 owns

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
eShop news:

-NA is getting Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) on the Wii U VC tomorrow!

-Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U eShop) is getting an update this summer that'll fix some bugs and add five new extra-challenging stages. They're also promising some extra story content that'll come as paid DLC next year.

-OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) got an update to fix some poo poo, no idea what

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 11, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Virt put the Adventures of Pip OST on his bandcamp page - as always, it's pay-what-you-want: https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/adventures-of-pip-ost

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mega Man Battle Network 3 White (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 20
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until June 20
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - €29.99 / £24.99 (June 12)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure - €9.99 / £8.99
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Battleminer (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until June 25
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you have downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic until ?
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.65 / £1.29 or €0.80 / £0.65 if you have downloaded Heart Beaten until ?
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 until uly 11
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of June 11):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - $49.99
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Zasica's Last Stand (update)
    Ice Cream Surfer - $2.50 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
  • Don't Starve: Giant Edition (Wii U eShop) - buy one, get one free until June 28
    1001 Spikes (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until June 18
    Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop)- $6.99 until June 20
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop)- $7.49 from June 15-22
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 5
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 5
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop)- $4.49 until June 5
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop)- 42.99" until June 5
    Zacisa's Last Stand (Wii U eShop)- $1.19 until July 9

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - $29.99
    BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma - $19.99 (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure - $8.99
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (update)
    Japanee Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 - $9.99, includes demo
    Ninja Usagimaru - The Gem of Blessings - $4.99, includes demo
    Swords & Darkness - $6.99, includes demo
    My Zoo Vet Practice 3D - $4.99
    Bowling Bonanza 3D - $3.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Gummy Bears Magic Medallion - $3.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Gummy Bears Magic Mini Golf - $3.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Johnny Dynamite - $3.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Bird Mania 3D - $0.99 (permanent price reduction)
    G.G. Series: All Breaker - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Conveyor Toy Packaging - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Shadow Army - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: The Hidden Ninja Kagemaru - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - $1.99 (available until July 1)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    1001 Spikes (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until June 18
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until June 9
    1001 Spikes (3DS eShop) - $7.49 until June 18
    Cave Story (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until June 18
    Grinsia (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until June 18
    Ikachan (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until June 18
    Nightsky (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until June 18
    VVVVVV (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until June 18
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $14.99 from June 15-22
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - $7.49 from June 15-22
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Family Tennis 3D (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Family Table Tennis 3D (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Dr. Mario has a few returning modes, some new modes and decent multiplayer options including online play, it looks like good value even if you don't like any of the extra gimmicky poo poo.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is considered by many to be the best classic HM game; it's a sorta-port, sorta-expansion of Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Moon: Back to Nature PSX, so if you liked those games but haven't played any since, this is the one to get.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I did not expect them at all to port out Friends of Mineral Town. I'd totally be game to buy it if it wasn't full as hell of glitches.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Natsume has seven other GBA games coming to Wii U VC so you can expect More Friends of Mineral Town eventually, if you'd rather wait for that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just want Zero Mission :negative: