Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

My secret never-gonna-happen Nintendo wish is for Platinum to make the first 3D Kirby game(not counting Air Ride or other spinoffs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Earth Defense Force

I'd that a game or a genre?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

What's an EDF?

You know what would be awesome? Nintendo has a literally complete finished copy of Star Fox 2 which literally was only never released because they didn't want to distract from the impending Nintendo 64. They should pay the piper over at argonaut so they can finally release it, whether on virtual console or as a bonus on the new Star Fox game. If they wanna go full evil they can require you to scan an Amiibo

I thought the Super-FX titles don't work on Virtual Console?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

greatn posted:

I'd that a game or a genre?

It's a batsu game

It is also a genre (Toho era Godzilla) and a game series

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought the Super-FX titles don't work on Virtual Console?

Emulation of Super FX has been a solved problem since the 90s. There are legal problems involving the company that made them when it comes to emulation or something like that.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My wife bought me some amiibos for my birthday last week instead of buying me Splatoon.

But she got me Pac-Man and Silver Mario, so...

I'm still Splatoonless

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Electric Phantasm posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...28Siliconera%29

The director of #FE (SMTXFE) has been revealed and it is Mitsuru Hirata known for Radiant Historia. Included in the link is Hirata's experience with Fire Emblem.

Mitsuru Hirata posted:

Before Fire Emblem, I believe most of the so-called genre of strategy games consisted of game characteristics such as “win accordingly, don’t emphasize too much over that process, a strategy to win is more important than position,” and so on. For this reason, units weren’t treated as importantly, and the tide of battle was easily turned using numbers. Such developments were frequent… and I was just not great with that mindset.

However, Fire Emblem was a strategy game with a completely different approach. Paying attention to the units is important! If they die, they won’t come back! You can’t win with just numbers either! Rather than just claiming victory, there’s also the birth of the drama that arises from having your favorite unit win through battles (even if they’re weak).

… I was mesmerized. As I was playing, I realized that each space I moved a unit, each time I hit the enemy, I was writing my own story about it all in my head.

“Ack! Hear me, the now deceased Draug… I, the Armor Knight, shall take on this castle wall in your stead! The rest of you sneak around for a surprise attack!”

“R-Roger!”

“Only I, the Pegasus Knight, can go over these mountains! I must catch up to the others! Their lives are in danger!”

And that’s kind of what it was like… of course, that might be a bit too much. However, I feel that this is Fire Emblem’s greatest charm. I believe that the importance of characters is also a common element in the games we make at Atlus. In a sense, I think that a collaboration between Fire Emblem and Atlus is as natural as it gets! (lol)

This is wonderful and he is a cool guy! :allears: And I don't mean it ironically.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Canned Panda posted:

My wife bought me some amiibos for my birthday last week instead of buying me Splatoon.

But she got me Pac-Man and Silver Mario, so...

I'm still Splatoonless

Reminds me of when asked my girlfriend for Guitar Hero 2, and she got Sing Star instead. Just smile through it and hide your disappointment...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can we label this year's nintendo e3 a failure if we don't get a reveal of what Next Level / Retro is working on

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Reminds me of when asked my girlfriend for Guitar Hero 2, and she got Sing Star instead. Just smile through it and hide your disappointment...
I asked my husband for Skyward Sword the Christmas it came out and got Skylanders. :confused:

Still not as bad as when I hinted heavily for FF3 as a kid and found Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball under the tree.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hirayuki posted:

Still not as bad as when I hinted heavily for FF3 as a kid and found Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball under the tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9Z6CN14Gs

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Platinum said their new unrevealed game "will have you seeing red"

Please.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bill laimbeer's combat basketball was good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please.

Wonder Red, Wonderful 102 confirmed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MinibarMatchman posted:

can we label this year's nintendo e3 a failure if we don't get a reveal of what Next Level / Retro is working on

Retro has been tweeting some stuff these days, looks like we're going to get something at least.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

MinibarMatchman posted:

Wonder Red, Wonderful 102 confirmed

I keep seeing this mentioned when the obvious conclusion would be the Wonderful 202.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Hirayuki posted:

I asked my husband for Skyward Sword the Christmas it came out and got Skylanders. :confused:

Early in our relationship, my wife bought me some Muppets PC game as a Christmas/Birthday gift. I tried to be nice and play it, and after about 2 minutes of her watching she started apologizing and I never had to touch it again. She never played games, so she never learned the, "if it's based on a TV show, movie, or comic book, there's a 90% chance it sucks" rule.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There was a something people used to say.....separate? Nah that's not it.....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
You all have stupid partners.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Louisgod posted:

my gf got killed by a souped up Ike amiibo who suicided himself just to kill her first

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
muppets game lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The correct present is cash.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Didnt someone with nintendo say that the only important part of command that they'd keep in mind for doing a sequel is the beginning where krystal breaks up with fox and leaves the team

I swear I read something like that in an interview or something

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MinibarMatchman posted:

my gf got killed by a souped up Ike amiibo who suicided himself just to kill her first

my condolences.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please.

Yeah, seeing red, from anger, because you are mad, that every platinum game is bad!!!!!!!!!

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please.

An HD remake of Mad World!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I for one am excited to see what platinum will do next!!!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please.

You could probably make that apply to any platinum game to be honest

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Platinum Smash Bros

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Louisgod posted:

My wife doesn't care for Splatoon. She asked what the plot was and said it was sorta the opposite of Minesweeper.

I have no idea what that means.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please.

Yeah we'll see red

in the sales numbers

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Electric Phantasm posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...28Siliconera%29

The director of #FE (SMTXFE) has been revealed and it is Mitsuru Hirata known for Radiant Historia. Included in the link is Hirata's experience with Fire Emblem.

I feel way better about this game after reading that article. Also, Radiant Historia owned.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Fix posted:

My wife doesn't care for Splatoon. She asked what the plot was and said it was sorta the opposite of Minesweeper.

I have no idea what that means.

I'm sorry about your impending divorce.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eh, it was a good run.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I doubt it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looks like you avoided a lover's Splat.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

N'yallright.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Louisgod posted:

Yeah we'll see red

in the sales numbers

What's new v:v:v

It is looking to be Nintendo though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Mad respect if Nintendo pays for another platinum game even though they bombed hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Red Steel 3, sorry kiddos

• Locked thread