Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Who Dat posted:

Going AD with a friend on PS4. If any goons want to set up a guild at some point, post in here.

PSN: mgvsquared

I'm down. My PSN is NSASpyMachine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'd love to join a PS4 goon guild, if I ever connect to the game...

PSN : Extree

Yeah, it's a real pain. At least you don't have to press a lot of buttons to try and log in again. Kind of surprised at the traffic jam, didn't figure a lot of people would want to jump in at midnight.

If there's a goon guild I'm down for it too. PSN: Malice_Mizer

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, it's a real pain. At least you don't have to press a lot of buttons to try and log in again. Kind of surprised at the traffic jam, didn't figure a lot of people would want to jump in at midnight.

If there's a goon guild I'm down for it too. PSN: Malice_Mizer

Overall I'm a little surprised too. But, after Star Wars Galaxies, I've learned to never get my expectations real high on MMO launches.

I'm unsure of what it takes to start a guild in this game, but I'll investigate as soon as I can. I'd like to get as many goons playing together as soon possible. I'm taking the reins here hesitantly. If anyone else wants to spearhead creating the guild, by all means. We'll have to decide on a name I guess.

Who Dat fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 9, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'd love to join a PS4 goon guild, if I ever connect to the game...

PSN : Extree

You mean it's not a login failure simulator? I thought I was winning.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Who Dat posted:

Overall I'm a little surprised too. But, after Star Wars Galaxies, I've learned to never get my expectations real high on MMO launches.

I'm unsure of what it takes to start a guild in this game, but I'll investigate as soon as I can. I'd like to get as many goons playing together as soon possible. I'm taking the reins here hesitantly. If anyone else wants to spearhead creating the guild, by all means. We'll have to decide on a name I guess.

Your character has to be level 10 (?). You type in a guild name. Done.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
My gamer tag is Kebby82 for any other adventurers on Xbone.

And when do the loving servers open up? :bahgawd:

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I'm down for a goon guild on PS4, my id is Shoplifter. I'm probably going to be super casual.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Jumping aboard the AD PS4 Goon Guild train, ID is ApocopriestSA. Non-AD Goons add me anyway so we can be friends outside of PvP :)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, I haven't made a character yet, but it'll prob be AD PS4 too if you want to add me:
PSN: JazzFlight

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You're all rolling AD for that Khajit role-play action aren't you? :colbert:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Scyantific posted:

You're all rolling AD for that Khajit role-play action aren't you? :colbert:
Haha, frankly I am really bored rolling humans/elves in any RPG anymore if they offer something different, so it was either Argonian or Khajit, and I already played an Argonian in Skyrim, soooooo... [/justification]

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

shoplifter posted:

I'm down for a goon guild on PS4, my id is Shoplifter. I'm probably going to be super casual.

Yeah I'm super casual right now as well so if someone else gets to 10 and wants to make the guild, please do so. If not I'll post here when I hit 10 and have made the guild. Do we want an instantly recognizable goon moniker like LLJK or Goon Squad? Or something amusing and subtle?

Glad most people are interested in going AD. Hopefully we can log in tonight. :psyduck:

Who Dat fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 9, 2015

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't necessarily hate the kitties, I just think lizards are the coolest poo poo.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
The login failed splash screen is beautiful. I hope the rest of the game looks this good.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Playing on Xbone, GT is Shiny Pidgey. Feel free to add me. Played some last night but had to hkt the hay so I could work today without being a zombie. Launch issues only lasted a few hours and everything was pretty smooth after that. I'm pretty impressed with how close they got it to feeling like an actual Elder Scrolls game, as opposed to a generic MMO with a coat of paint. I knew I was in for something special when, 15 minutes in, I hit the starter town and all the shops were full of players slowly crouchwalking toward the goods.

Playing in Ebonheart Pact because well, poo poo, Morrowind. Hope I didn't exile myself (you can't leave your pact's area until 50?) from the other Goons.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'll be on Daggerfall Covenant if anyone else is swinging that way.

PSN: BadLeRo

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

So how big is the day-one patch? I read it was to be 15gb, is that accurate?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Wee Bairns posted:

So how big is the day-one patch? I read it was to be 15gb, is that accurate?

Yep, it was about that size on PS4.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Le Saboteur posted:

Yep, it was about that size on PS4.

Good to know, thanks.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
I'll be on the xbone in the ebonheart pact my gt is the same as my name here

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If you're having login issues on console I found an easy fix that seems to work for a lot of folks.

Change your server to Europe, log on there which should work, log off Europe, change your server back to North America and try logging on again. Should work this time and have seen a lot of folks saying this worked for them.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Funkmaster General posted:

Playing in Ebonheart Pact because well, poo poo, Morrowind. Hope I didn't exile myself (you can't leave your pact's area until 50?) from the other Goons.

You have if console goons go yellow, there is zero cross faction PvE. Even when doing the other factions areas as a veteran all the players you see will be members of the Ebonheart Pact.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

The login failed splash screen is beautiful. I hope the rest of the game looks this good.

Yeah after watching it for 45 minutes last night I figured I might as well go to sleep.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Sky Shadowing posted:

You have if console goons go yellow, there is zero cross faction PvE. Even when doing the other factions areas as a veteran all the players you see will be members of the Ebonheart Pact.

You can just have a different character for the different alliances though, I thought?

I got tired of waiting last night as well, but today everything seems to be working properly, I levelled up to 5 in short order.

GT; BAROM3T3R currently an Argonian in the AD.

I'll be on vacation from the 11th to the 14/15th but after that I should be on fairly regularly in the evenings (East Coast time)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Sky Shadowing posted:

No, I know this. What I meant is that I hope I'm not the only one who went ebonheart (looks like at least one other goon did), because I don't want to run 3 separate characters just to play with goons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Funkmaster General posted:

No, I know this. What I meant is that I hope I'm not the only one who went ebonheart (looks like at least one other goon did), because I don't want to run 3 separate characters just to play with goons.

Nobody knows where the dust will settle since everyone has their own preference for faction, and goon guilds are often over hyped, barely active, and dead in a month. I say just play whatever you want if you really feel left out later you can always reroll.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, keep in mind for PC the original goon guild was DC and, a year later, EP had become the goon preferred faction. Granted, that was mostly because DC is un-equivocally the worst of the three factions.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah, keep in mind for PC the original goon guild was DC and, a year later, EP had become the goon preferred faction. Granted, that was mostly because DC is un-equivocally the worst of the three factions.

I was planning on going Daggerfall on PS4. Why is it the worst?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any reason my screen adjustment setting won't stick on Ps4?

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Nobody knows where the dust will settle since everyone has their own preference for faction, and goon guilds are often over hyped, barely active, and dead in a month. I say just play whatever you want if you really feel left out later you can always reroll.

Pretty much this. Seems like most PS4 goons are going AD so I highly recommend rolling that if you want to quest with other goons, but based on how fickle goon guilds can be membershipwise, ultimately roll what you want. You can still join whatever guild is created regardless of faction choice. I just want to have a place we can call home. :glomp:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lysandus posted:

People say it has a generically less interesting campaign/quests. I can't confirm because my only character is Daggerfall but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway because I barely do any PvE. I live in Cryodil and Daggerfall won the last campaign (non-vet) and was just taking the lead in the current one when I logged off last night. They're doing fine on the battlefield so that's good enough for me :black101:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lysandus posted:

I'm DC on PS4 mainly because of nostalgia. People say it's the worse starting area but you make your way to them all eventually so I guess you could make a case for getting the worse out of the way quickly. I say don't base your choice on merely where goons are since history suggests they won't be there in a month or two. Previous games Daggerfall is Daggerfall Covernant of course and Morrowwind/Skyrim are Ebonheart Pact if you want to go that way.

Chomp8645 posted:

People say it has a generically less interesting campaign/quests. I can't confirm because my only character is Daggerfall but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway because I barely do any PvE. I live in Cryodil and Daggerfall won the last campaign (non-vet) and was just taking the lead in the current one when I logged off last night. They're doing fine on the battlefield so that's good enough for me :black101:

That's pretty impressive since I heard DC is severely out-manned.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Daggerfall isn't "bad" its just the High Rock setting is pretty standard fantasyish with more witches than usual, which is some peoples cup of tea.

That being said its probably best if us PC crowd just let the console people suss out where to go on their own.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 9, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How terrible is this game on consoles without any add-ons? Did they do anything to make up for that?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jabro posted:

That's pretty impressive since I heard DC is severely out-manned.

We might be in the vet campaigns but in the non-vet it's not so bad. And honestly coordination counts for much more than numbers unless it's an extreme difference and we have two or three guilds doing good work for us.

Last night for example I rallied 20 or so people just by inviting LFGs from zone chat. Then a big guild came on and starting pushing, and I coordinated with one of their members in zone chat. He would direct me where we were needed since they had more information than us. We would defend areas under attack so the guild could push, harass other areas to draw attention, or join them when they needed more raw manpower to storm a keep.

It turns out that a little organization and effort goes a long way.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

RCarr posted:

How terrible is this game on consoles without any add-ons? Did they do anything to make up for that?

The console UI is practically Skyrim's console UI, though they've added some stuff that is done by PC add on for it. I was watching a twitch stream and noticed that the console UI has loot drop implemented.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Anyone playing in the EU on ps4?

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

This may have been answered but I couldn't find anything: They offered a character copy from Windows/MAC to consoles but it looks like that option is expired? Any idea if it's coming back?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rannison posted:

This may have been answered but I couldn't find anything: They offered a character copy from Windows/MAC to consoles but it looks like that option is expired? Any idea if it's coming back?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Went AD managed to get online with join EU then US PSN ID is SA_Fenom

• Locked thread