Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
mergo's wet nurse was easy... when i had the epic memory leak and she only did the move where she walks forward and swings her swords a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought she was fairly easy the one time i faced her. i just stuck to her back and hit her until she died. i had enough vit to tank at least one of her uppercuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i like when enemies have moves throw you into the air, but I wish there was just one boss who did air combo juggles on you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
when you blocked a heavy hit in ds1 it used to lift you off your feet and send you skidding back... cool..

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

when you blocked a heavy hit in ds1 it used to lift you off your feet and send you skidding back... cool..

didnt it make you flip

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmm, i aced rom on my first attempt on this character. i used like 2 or 3 vials for the entire fight because the spiders didn't spawn at the beginning so i ran over to rom and started hitting her to get her to change phases, and then they all spawn on top of me, lol. after that i didn't get hit at all.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i guess that ds 3 screenshot stuff was probably real. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/dark-souls-3-art-confirms-early-2016-release its probably made by the b team.though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably won't get it at launch if it plays and looks like DSII again.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think itll be a lot better than ds2 cos they really pwned with the ds2 dlc .. it wont be a miyazaki game but itll be good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

true. I still haven't played the ds2 dlc. since it seems they got better and maybe Miyazaki is doing some work on it now that Bloodborne is done it could be better than 2. We will see

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think theyve just given dark souls to the b team completely to free miyazaki up to do w/e he wants. i think miyazaki will be working on the bloodborne DLC atm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like the DLC a lot, but there's still lots of stuff that pisses me off. like how many of the enemies are armored humanoids, and how many of the interiors are essentially boring square boxes. moving back to sword and board as a focus also sort of sucks, but those are just nitpicking, because it's still a great game. i would just rather expanding on the bb format.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

that happens to me there too

I was playing last night and confirmed that it happens to me as well, and I got all my stamina back too

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i thought it was supposed to be a miyazaki game, with such a short timeframe im not surprised it isnt though, maybe the b team learned something and dark souls 3 will be badass though

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
as long as dark souls 3 is not slow garbage and is actually bloodborne , i'm buyingit

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i want to wear epic armor in dark souls 1 as i'm playing it again but i took all my clothes off so i could fast roll

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i want to wear epic armor in dark souls 1 as i'm playing it again but i took all my clothes off so i could fast roll

yeah. i wish there was a switch you could hit that would say "my armor rate is now a flat value, and everything i'm wearing is cosmetic" but all of the pvp people would complain

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why is this boss so weak lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUacrPcCcKw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
man, the undead giant is killing me with my new guy. my str / vit kirkhammer hunter chewed through him in five attempts.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol isn't one of the early hintertomb boses just one of those giant pig enemies? :effort:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

lol isn't one of the early hintertomb boses just one of those giant pig enemies? :effort:

yea lol but even that has attacks that the normal pigs dont. this is in a was in a depth 5 cursed dungeon

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I think I'm bad at this game but then when I watch videos of myself playing I look awesome. Thanks again Sony

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

oh my god... it's called a Loran Silverbeast??

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it makes sense that u get the Loran chalice from the nightmare frontier... i get it now...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
btw if u used fire it would have died in 3 hits too

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you have to end every boss kill video with a funny gesture or cane tap or something goddamn it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

btw if u used fire it would have died in 3 hits too

i assure u that no fire paper is required in order to defeat that boss

Dec 26, 2012

got back to and beat logarius again on a new run. what a good boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

got back to and beat logarius again on a new run. what a good boss

Congrats. What's your wep/build looking like on this run?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

it isn't required, but

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Congrats. What's your wep/build looking like on this run?

i went skill/bloodtinge this time because i went str/arcane last time, just in time to miss the patch that buffed both and buffed the beast claws. i killed him with the reiterpallasch, i underrated it a bit at first but it's cool. finally got the timing of parrying his air-dives down

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was thinking about how much fun a mech / robot / futuristic armored warrior game in the bloodborne format would be until i realized i was just imagining a slightly different armored core...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

01011001 posted:

i went skill/bloodtinge this time because i went str/arcane last time, just in time to miss the patch that buffed both and buffed the beast claws. i killed him with the reiterpallasch, i underrated it a bit at first but it's cool. finally got the timing of parrying his air-dives down

skill/bloodtinge makes the game super easy. the chikage does real good damage in it's buffed mode and you can kill bosses with just a few gun shots if you really want to

Dec 26, 2012

chikage is pretty cool so far. im not gonna kill bosses just with guns or whatever though because that seems boring and all the skill weapons are pretty fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zmcm6l1d50

lobosjr is doing something nuts

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

how to cheese loran silverbeast

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

the level of dedication exhibited by fans of the souls series is both inspiring and terrifying. the duality of man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright now time to take down the shadows once and for all...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

First try once I was drunk. Souls games are like a foreign language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am uploading the epic follow up to the YIKES Stay Gooned/sector_corrector partial co op playthrough of Bloodborne...stay tuned.