Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what DID the switch do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was a great couple chapters.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That was like watching a destruction derby. Just one crash is majestic enough. But then they add more. And then another. And then another. And it just keeps getting better. Your heart pounds, your adrenaline skyrockets, and when you're done you realize you just witnessed something amazing.

Bravo.:golfclap:

:perfect:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Man, now I want to know, too. What does that switch do?

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 10, 2015

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Fixed for the best Kuromine.

Also on reread I just noticed Ryou's antenna color at the end. :ohdear:

Holy crap, I didn't notice either. This chapter is absolutely fantastic. The comparisons to last chapter, the reactions, everything. Shima is the best worst character.

This has to be the peak, that was some goddamn high art.

Roland Jones posted:

"Ah, who cares about that! Love knows no gender!"

"While gender might not be an issue when it comes to love, the main problem here is that[...]"

That was a surprisingly progressive little tangent.

Also, Shima's the worst. Even the background characters know this.

I was surprised by that little aside as well. Not something I really expect in manga, but it also makes a lot of sense with Kuromine trying to remind an off the rails Nagisa about whats going on here. Its nice that they played up the dramatic irony of the situation.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

MrAptronym posted:

Holy crap, I didn't notice either. This chapter is absolutely fantastic. The comparisons to last chapter, the reactions, everything. Shima is the best worst character.

This has to be the peak, that was some goddamn high art.

I was surprised by that little aside as well. Not something I really expect in manga, but it also makes a lot of sense with Kuromine trying to remind an off the rails Nagisa about whats going on here. Its nice that they played up the dramatic irony of the situation.

Also a good portion of them are very biologically different species. Completely different cultures and gender concepts. They are like the most tolerant group of friends ever.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I like the little detail of Shiho quickly hugging Youko to stop her wings from popping out.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Never thought I'd ever call a manga genius for printing what's essentially the same issue twice in a row, but well, here we are.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
...and THAT is why you don't play a girl character online because this will happen to you.
Those faces oh those faces. (At one point I was reminded of Indiana Jones).
Also on that last page I know Shiho is trying to cover Shiragami's wings but uhhh where is she putting her arm?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

cyrus_zane posted:

...and THAT is why you don't play a girl character online because this will happen to you.
Those faces oh those faces. (At one point I was reminded of Indiana Jones).
Also on that last page I know Shiho is trying to cover Shiragami's wings but uhhh where is she putting her arm?

Gotta get that pervert training in when you can.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Gotta get that charisma training in when you can.

:smugbert:

Also, its fun to play "Where's Youko?" on the earlier pages of the chapter. :haw:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
This manga is :perfect: and I hope that the anime can at least manage to capture some part of its greatness so my brothers can witness it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anime promo:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2the2v_jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-pv_tv?start=58#from=embediframe

Might not be terrible?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Oh phew the faces are a lot better in action, good. Looks like it might be solid after all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best part of the anime is going to be going 'Oh hey, remember when Kuromine's thing was the he couldn't lie?'

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sakurazuka posted:

The best part of the anime is going to be going 'Oh hey, remember when Kuromine's thing was the he couldn't lie?'

You can view it as character development. He's had to get so good at lying as a result of all the things that go on around him.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Oh phew the faces are a lot better in action, good. Looks like it might be solid after all.

yeah this looks pretty good, much better than the promo stills

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Looks good, anime is saved again

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Sakurazuka posted:

He's still horrible at it but nobody believes what his face should be telling them.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everyone does believe his PTSD face though.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

This, along with Monster Musume looking good while animated has rekindled my hopes!
Anime is saved 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Annointed posted:

Everyone does believe his PTSD face though.

But that's not so much that he's surrounded by aliens and vampires and demons, and more the fact that he's surrounded by people who are dumb but cute. Everyone can believe the latter.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Zeruel posted:

Monster Musume

:psyduck:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know this may be shocking to you, but Monster Musume isn't actually that bad if you're not averse to anime titties.

It's basically Tenchi Muyo with monstergirls and copious amounts of wardrobe malfunctioning. It's actually pretty funny, too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Captain Invictus posted:

It's basically Tenchi Muyo with monstergirls and copious amounts of wardrobe malfunctioning. It's actually pretty funny, too.

It does get rather risque around Chapters 20-something though, so be warned. But yeah, while it isn't as funny as Jitsu Wa, it's good for a laugh now and then if you don't mind the fanservice.
Rachnera is best girl.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Like others have said it's got a lot of fan service but it's also pretty great at the comedy thing. It's sort of silly and childish that people get tied up in knots about sex being a subject that can come up in anime, it comes up all the time in other media and gets way more leeway there than it gets here for some reason. Sex and eroticism is frequently funny, deal with it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Like others have said it's got a lot of fan service but it's also pretty great at the comedy thing. It's sort of silly and childish that people get tied up in knots about sex being a subject that can come up in anime, it comes up all the time in other media and gets way more leeway there than it gets here for some reason. Sex and eroticism is frequently funny, deal with it.

I just hope they get Centorea a bra.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They did.

It broke.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sakurazuka posted:

It seems more and more that it isn't that he can't lie, it's that Kuromine has a horrible poker face and/or is a bad at lying. I think I took it wrong the first time reading it thinking "can't lie" meant something like the movie "Liar Liar". If you just take it as him being a bad liar, then it's still there as a gag, people suspect he's hiding something, they just don't know what, or think it's something else. But recent chapters have been focusing on actual character growth, so I suppose it hasn't actually come up too often as of late.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All the other characters are too dumb + cute to notice how dumb + cute Kuromine is

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Terper posted:

All the other characters are too dumb + cute to notice how dumb + cute Kuromine is

Be fair, I think a number of them are noticing the cute.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

It seems more and more that it isn't that he can't lie, it's that Kuromine has a horrible poker face and/or is a bad at lying. I think I took it wrong the first time reading it thinking "can't lie" meant something like the movie "Liar Liar". If you just take it as him being a bad liar, then it's still there as a gag, people suspect he's hiding something, they just don't know what, or think it's something else. But recent chapters have been focusing on actual character growth, so I suppose it hasn't actually come up too often as of late.

And also several of the truths that he'd be -trying- to lie to keep are so out there. I don't think that anyone that didn't already know would believe Kuromine if he admitted that the school principle was this tiny horned girl who is also a candy-crazed demon of incredible power.

I don't think that anyone that hasn't experienced the terror of Akane would believe anything but that he's finally taken his first baby steps into being able to actually lie with a straight face.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Come to think of it, when has he actually had to lie? As in, when was it important that he did? As far as I can remember, he hasn't had to lie since the earliest chapters except to cover up his feelings, and those were to Youko and Aizawa, who are the epitome of cute + dumb.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nobody knows that Youko is a vampire except those who have secrets themselves and Kuromine, I'd guess. :shrug: The fact that Kuromine knows and doesn't tell anyone(mainly her dad) is the main lie.

e: my edit made no sense.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 12, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CommissarMega posted:

Come to think of it, when has he actually had to lie? As in, when was it important that he did? As far as I can remember, he hasn't had to lie since the earliest chapters except to cover up his feelings, and those were to Youko and Aizawa, who are the epitome of cute + dumb.

Perhaps we're taking "lie" in the wrong context. Not so much that he has to lie, but that he has to keep a secret. Bag with holes and all that, you know. But there has been a few times when he's tried to obfuscate something, by trying to explain something away, and it just makes other characters suspicious of what's going on, or (usually with Mikan) misinterprets the secret being kept and jump to the wrong conclusion. I think the best, most recent example of this (that I can think of) was when the other girls found the class rep outside her body in the hall and Kuromine had to rescue her.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I completely missed that. That is so magical. :allears:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, that's about how I'd expect Shima to end up.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Has Oka appeared since the Maid Cafe chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

dordreff posted:

Has Oka appeared since the Maid Cafe chapter?

He was in the background during the airport chapter.

• Locked thread