Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

Did you jump into them, or just swim into them? The Kraken doesn't do any damage unless you jump.

I spent my first match with the Krak-on Roller gently nuzzling the other team. At least they were probably unnerved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You automatically are given the shirt at the start of Splatfest and cannot remove it for the duration after which it is removed from your inventory. It comes with Special Duration Up I believe, so I hope you aren't attached to Cold-Blooded, Ninja Squid, or Recon.
gonna run wild with point sensors/echolocation it sounds like

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

:toxx: clause up some gang tags imo. Winners of Cat Vs Dogs become the gang tags.

What say you Team Dog?

May the best Cat win.

As someone who is planning on losing a lot of matches representing Team Dog, I have to say: i am ambivalent about your suggestion!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Infinitum posted:

:toxx: clause up some gang tags imo. Winners of Cat Vs Dogs become the gang tags.

What say you Team Dog?

May the best Cat win.

but why would dogs need to prove their loyalty? they're dogs. i understand cats needing to though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cats are only loyal to victory, which what Team Cat will achieve. By burying you in kitty ink. Ink litter. I'm bad at this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In the opinion of the inklings who post here, what is the optimal team make up? Barring simply "players who are good."

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In the opinion of the inklings who post here, what is the optimal team make up? Barring simply "players who are good."

Depends on the mode and map. Aerosprays are pretty much the absolute best at everything in Turf War, but anything else with a high fire rate works well. On Splat Zones, power is key. The .52/.96 Gal are fantastic, the Dual Squelcher (the standard one too if you abuse how Splash Walls work), Splattershot, Splattershot Pro, and chargers if you can aim them. Of course, it really boils down to 'how well can you contribute to the team with this weapon', but these weapons have natural advantages.

Basically, you want to have a couple people on offense to beat them back into their base, plus another person keeping the zone inked and defended, with someone else acting as a safe jump point. A Dual Squelcher, a Splattershot Pro, a .96 Gal, and an E-liter would probably be a very optimal setup if everyone played to their strengths.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 10, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsBfxHrQHY

Looks like we're getting new maps in time for Japanese Splatfest! Also look at the dance moves on Judd, how can you deny Team Cat after that?

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 10, 2015

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think it would be less about the guns and more about the specials. One inkstrike, one echolocator, a bubbler and a kraken covers a lot of bases, but you could probably also replace the kraken with an inkzooka. The first three are a lot more important though.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I don't know why but the idea that squids drive cars is weird to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Reminder that dogs are so dumb they needed to be trained and bred to be domesticated while cats needed nothing but food really.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It doesn't really matter. If you're good with a weapon and can kill, you'll be decent enough to win battles. There's no real difference between your ability to spray area and not when killing people puts them away for like 5 - 10 seconds giving you time to at least put them out of control.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

Looks like we're getting new maps in time for Japanese Splatfest!

Oh Nintendo :swoon:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Silentman0 posted:

Looks like we're getting new maps in time for Japanese Splatfest! Also look at the dance moves on Judd, how can you deny Team Cat after that?

That little bit 53 seconds in looks loving sick as hell. They need more videos just showing ink frozen in time flying around.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My favorite part of the video, is the bioluminous blaster ink being fireworks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Silentman0 posted:

Oh crap are we gonna have to listen to the calamari sisters warbling during the splat fest? They bugged me enough during the final boss fight.

Everything else looks sweet though. I really like that the ink glows somewhat at night.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

There's some talk about how weapons function in this video, and it also shows some new looking stages. Looking pretty rad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJ3AdNP38A

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

I just now realized the squid sisters' logo is two hands with thier hats on and doing thier pose.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh crap are we gonna have to listen to the calamari sisters warbling during the splat fest? They bugged me enough during the final boss fight.

Heresy! Bring in the Inkuisitor! :toughguy:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

The style is palpable. I want nighttime rave party all the time :qq:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Infinitum posted:

Heresy! Bring in the Inkuisitor! :toughguy:

Jpop has no place among cephalopods :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Supercar Gautier posted:

On several maps it's actually super important to paint the areas surrounding the splat zones. Walleye Warehouse is the best example of this, where the side areas are practically essential to maintain control of. If you ink the zone and your enemy inks everything else, you probably won't be keeping the zone for long.

That's great, if the enemy hasn't already captured both zones and their timer is ticking down.

Alabaster White posted:

Depends on the mode and map. Aerosprays are pretty much the absolute best at everything in Turf War, but anything else with a high fire rate works well. On Splat Zones, power is key. The .52/.96 Gal are fantastic, the Dual Squelcher (the standard one too if you abuse how Splash Walls work), Splattershot, Splattershot Pro, and chargers if you can aim them. Of course, it really boils down to 'how well can you contribute to the team with this weapon', but these weapons have natural advantages.

Basically, you want to have a couple people on offense to beat them back into their base, plus another person keeping the zone inked and defended, with someone else acting as a safe jump point. A Dual Squelcher, a Splattershot Pro, a .96 Gal, and an E-liter would probably be a very optimal setup if everyone played to their strengths.

The blaster is great on Splat Zones when the game is not ignoring the fact that you just shot somebody in the face with it twice so they can murder you.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 10, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

On several maps it's actually super important to paint the areas surrounding the splat zones. Walleye Warehouse is the best example of this, where the side areas are practically essential to maintain control of. If you ink the zone and your enemy inks everything else, you probably won't be keeping the zone for long.

This is kinda true for every map. don't give the enemy small spaces to hide in.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh crap are we gonna have to listen to the calamari sisters warbling during the splat fest?

Hey. They're organizing/hosting the thing.

Ingrate.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There's a few clips of a new skyscraper map in that video which hasn't appeared in any official media until now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New weapons at 3:30. Warning, annoying voices though.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Well that what happens when you give cats speaking lines, dogs would have sounded better. Go Team Dog

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Silentman0 posted:

This looks amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here are gifs if anyone gives a poo poo

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 10, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Garden hose revolver? I must have it.

The weapon designs in this game are all amazingly creative.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to learn the way to the Dr. Squid.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Internet Kraken posted:

Jpop has no place among cephalopods :colbert:

That is the ancestral and ancient chorus of Calamari County and you will not belittle it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
how can i put team dog under my avatar who do i contact

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Holy poo poo the inkbrush is super fun. In no way am I using it to its full potential but what a fun weapon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think, a team could really benefit from having an inkbrush user essentially sacrificing themselves to gain leverage into the enemy's base while some or at least one stay back to cover area. Then again, that requires teamwork and communication.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

noirstronaut posted:

I think, a team could really benefit from having an inkbrush user essentially sacrificing themselves to gain leverage into the enemy's base while some or at least one stay back to cover area. Then again, that requires teamwork and communication.

Agreed. Multiple times tonight I just ran behind the opposing team and sprayed ink as much as I could, only to be surrounded by 2-3 of the other team. Meanwhile my teammates were mopping up the map.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Same

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

That's an E-liter with a scope, nozzlenose and carbon roller that is.

All 4 of those weapons interest me, especially the one I couldn't name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Stealing this one for an avatar. Thanks.

• Locked thread