Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It also looks alien which is probably what she was aiming for. I can dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Green Intern posted:

I thought Ashido was brown, like a beetle or an ant might be. Also dear god her costume :barf:

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's the height of fashion on her home planet!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Midnight was pretty spot on with knocking out bad hero names, but man, did she mess up when she said Alien Queen was not a good name to use.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Official translation names as they appear:

Shining Hero: I Cannot Stop Twinkling
Alien Queen
Froppy
Sturdy Hero: Red Riot
Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack
Tentacle Hero: Tentacole
Taping Hero: Cellophane
Martial Arts Hero: Tailman
Sweets Hero: Sugarman
Pinky
Chargebolt
Invisible Girl
Everything Hero: Creati
Shoto
Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi
Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice
Petting Hero: Anima
KING EXPLOSION MURDER
Uravity
Tenya
Deku :unsmith:
LORD EXPLOSION MURDER

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King/Lord Explosion Murder are super cool names and anyone who disagrees is wrong, no matter how much of a hero they might be.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Baron of Explodo-kills is better, but those are good too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Waffleman_ posted:

Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqgiEQXGetI

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wait till Mineta gets his mid-school year growth spurt and goes from Dinky McDweeb to "Let's serve you up a helping of fresh-squeezed KICKASS -- GRAPE JUICE is here to save the day! :kamina:"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Can't wait for Grape to pull a Gon-san.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It slays me how Bakugou thought the problem was being pretentious about the rank of his Explosion Murder

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
He needs to start off as Journeyman Explosion Murder and work his way up from there.

In the meantime we get to call him JEM for short.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Private Explosion Murder

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Mister Explosion Murder. Something approachable!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Magical Demo Expert: Kacchan

JD
Jan 11, 2003
What are Bakugou's names romanized or whatever?

Something bakuhatsu sama?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bombadevil. See it can be heroic explode demons or villounous cause it has devil in it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Annointed posted:

Bombadevil. See it can be heroic explode demons or villounous cause it has devil in it.

"Bomb-Bad-Evil" is what I got out of that. Perhaps accurate but not a good hero name.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

"Bomb-Bad-Evil" is what I got out of that. Perhaps accurate but not a good hero name.

That's what I get for changing Bombadier hastily. Back to the drawing board I go.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 9, 2015

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

I like Deku because it makes me think of Deku Scrub Link from Majora's Mask.

Feels like a natural fit for Deku.

kid's got deku hair, most def

I really enjoy Tsuya's various poses, she's always so frog-like but in this way that is really adorable instead of being offputting and weird. I don't really get it but i certainly enjoy it

Jintor fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 9, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Annointed posted:

All I can think of is Jamaicans laughing at his stupid name

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Love Alien Queen/Pinky.

I also just really like Mina's look in general.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like to believe her original costume request was a xenomorph-based costume.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

chumbler posted:

"What do you mean you can't make me a prosthetic tongue with a mouth that spits out a smaller tongue that shoots acid???"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder how Mina's abilities would be useful in the hero-ing business. Directly acid-ing people would just maim them. I guess you could limit their mobility by surrounding them with it or something? Still seems a little too potentially violent; either they're getting touched by her acid and being maimed or nothing at all.

In comparison, Mineta's grape ability could actually be extremely useful; being able to stick people in place (or even just throw the balls onto them and hope they brush up against a wall or something) would be super useful.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Maybe it's varying degrees of acidity, from lemon sour to the walls are sludge now.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Annointed posted:

Bomblastic and/or Explosivo.

Heck, the latter has the option for some really good subnames: The Kicker of Elves or The Angel Crusher. :black101:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 10, 2015

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
His name should obviously just be Nitro.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Mina's abilities do seem like the kind that would need to be used indirectly, but they're still workable (if with some regular property damage). By which I mean, she could probably use her abilities in an environmental way, breaking down the foundation of something so it falls on or in the way of a villain. At the very least, she can break down the weapon of anyone against her if she gets in close enough, meaning she can disarm people whilst also demonstrating what can happen to them if they insist on trouble.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

If heroes like Allmight are allowed to punch the everloving poo poo out of vilains. I don't think spraying acid on them is that big of a deal either. Especially since super healing is a thing that exists in this universe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
She seems to have a great control of her acid or she would not send it out like she does. We don't know much about her Quick other then it supposedly would have been able to eat through Todoroki's Ice.

She can produce it from anywhere on her body it appears.

And it appears she can use it to boost her speed or slide around.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

chumbler posted:

"Wait, 20th Century Fox put a DMCA takedown on my costume? Can they even do that?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Even the best case scenario is that they'd run ads on it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That would make for an awkward heroic entrance.
Your rescue will begin shortly...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Even the best case scenario is that they'd run ads on it.

Tiger and Bunny/Hero Academia crossover? I'd watch it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was thinking more Youtube ads than Tiger & Bunny ads.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Waffleman_ posted:

I was thinking more Youtube ads than Tiger & Bunny ads.
Cut to commercial!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are out.

The usual, people who get mad at intentionally mousing over things want to avoid those bars.

Non-Spoiler Note: This chapter owns IMO.

Basically it's non-descript discussion between the kids and teachers about picking who they work for. Uraraka is the only person who really announces what she's doing; she's going to work for a combat-oriented hero named "Muzzle Head" or "Gun Head" depending on translation. She says after her fight with Bakugou she realizes she needs to get tougher, and that'll help her even if she wants to be a rescue/disaster-relief type hero.

All-Might shows up and snags Midoriya to let him know that his nomination is NOT Endeavor like a lot of people thought...

...it's a really old hero named "Gran Torino". No, seriously.

All Might is visibly shaken, and shivers in seeming terror the whole time. He apparently was All Might's homeroom teacher back in his day at Yuuei, and he had forgotten that he was another person who knows about the true nature of One for All. Midoriya is obviously nervous as hell.

On the way to leave for their first day, Midoriya and Uraraka talk about how they found out the guy who crippled Iida's brother is the "Hero Killer" named Stain, who has apparently killed a couple dozen heroes and crippled as many. They try to talk to Iida and let him know that he can lean on them; he gives a fake-smile and a "Yes" and turns away into the deathflaggy/injuryflaggy as gently caress DARK ANGRY GRIM SCOWL face. So yeah, he's going to go after Stain probably.

Deku's Monologue after that page:
At that moment...I should've pried further.
Very soon...I would come to regret that I didn't.

There's a bit where the teachers discuss a bit about the students, I think Eraserhead notices where Midoriya's endorsement is and is kinda concerned.

Midoriya shows up to a dilapidated building, enters, and finds a midget old guy splayed face down on the floor presumably in blood...but no it isn't, Gran Torino hops up and reveals he accidentally just fell on his dinner. A typical "Senile old person" gag goes on for a bit where he can't hear Midoriya's name right, etc etc. He asks Midoriya to throw on his costume (which he has gotten back finally) and show him how well can punch with One for All. Midoriya, burnt out says All Might doesn't have a lot of time left and he can't play games so he's leaving.

The old man ricochets around the room at super-high speed, destroying stuff, and pops right into Midoriya's path. He tells him to show him what he's got. ~fin~

Iida's "I'm going to go and do something stupid and get hosed up" page. Really cool expressions here.

Gran Torino showing that he isn't all senile.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 12, 2015

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers are out.

The usual, people who get mad at intentionally mousing over things want to avoid those bars.

Non-Spoiler Note: This chapter owns IMO.

Basically it's non-descript discussion between the kids and teachers about picking who they work for. Uraraka is the only person who really announces what she's doing; she's going to work for a combat-oriented hero named "Muzzle Head" or "Gun Head" depending on translation. She says after her fight with Bakugou she realizes she needs to get tougher, and that'll help her even if she wants to be a rescue/disaster-relief type hero.

All-Might shows up and snags Midoriya to let him know that his nomination is NOT Endeavor like a lot of people thought...

...it's a really old hero named "Gran Torino". No, seriously.

All Might is visibly shaken, and shivers in seeming terror the whole time. He apparently was All Might's homeroom teacher back in his day at Yuuei, and he had forgotten that he was another person who knows about the true nature of One for All. Midoriya is obviously nervous as hell.

On the way to leave for their first day, Midoriya and Uraraka talk about how they found out the guy who crippled Iida's brother is the "Hero Killer" named Stain, who has apparently killed a couple dozen heroes and crippled as many. They try to talk to Iida and let him know that he can lean on them; he gives a fake-smile and a "Yes" and turns away into the deathflaggy/injuryflaggy as gently caress DARK ANGRY GRIM SCOWL face. So yeah, he's going to go after Stain probably.

There's a bit where the teachers discuss a bit about the students, I think Eraserhead notices where Midoriya's endorsement is and is kinda concerned.

Midoriya shows up to a dilapidated building, enters, and finds a midget old guy splayed face down on the floor presumably in blood...but no it isn't, Gran Torino hops up and reveals he accidentally just fell on his dinner. A typical "Senile old person" gag goes on for a bit where he can't hear Midoriya's name right, etc etc. He asks Midoriya to throw on his costume (which he has gotten back finally) and show him how well can punch with One for All. Midoriya, burnt out says All Might doesn't have a lot of time left and he can't play games so he's leaving.

The old man ricochets around the room at super-high speed, destroying stuff, and pops right into Midoriya's path. He tells him to show him what he's got. ~fin~

Called it - All Might's reaction was way too goofy to be setting up an Endeavour apprenticeship. That's not how you start a heavy arc about marital rape and parental abuse.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i see iidas development more of a heel flag than a deathflag but im not 100% on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I'm down with Uraraka the Heavy.