Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I loved Impactor when I saw him in greyscale but now that he has garish and ugly colors, I'm going to give him a pass. Maybe if they repaint him as anything.

Almost literally anything.

Um

That's his color scheme though?

The purple's slightly brighter but otherwise he's spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Invictus posted:

Um

That's his color scheme though?

The purple's slightly brighter but otherwise he's spot on.

I don't read the comics so I dunno what he was colored. :3:
(all his colors there look more subdued, the purple more than the yellow though yes)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I'm hoping the saturation is just turned way up in that photo, cause his colors look kinda bad which is a shame cause the figure looks pretty great

I turned the saturation down and altered the hue a bit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't read the comics so I dunno what he was colored. :3:
(all his colors there look more subdued, the purple more than the yellow though yes)

You should read the comics because they're very good. Especially Last Stand of the Wreckers, where he takes a prominent role.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Good thing I ordered the Stunticons from Forbidden Planet, but I've only got Offroad so far.

They seem to only mention wave 2, we'll get the rest?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

BizarroAzrael posted:

Good thing I ordered the Stunticons from Forbidden Planet, but I've only got Offroad so far.

They seem to only mention wave 2, we'll get the rest?

HahahahahahaHahahahhahaha

:rodimus:

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Photo shopped Impactor's colors are pretty spot on. Also Movie Landmine/Armorhide continues to be an amazing mold.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm so poor right now. I wish I wasn't so poor so I could get some plastic robots. I'd be poor again, but with robots.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

catch22 posted:

I'm hoping the saturation is just turned way up in that photo, cause his colors look kinda bad which is a shame cause the figure looks pretty great

I turned the saturation down and altered the hue a bit

This reminds me of that first terrible version of mania king, and the 2nd much better version.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
We'll have to see Impactor in-hand to be sure, but I don't see a problem with either the photoshopped colors or the original. I have a little trouble with some reds, though, so I might not be the best judge.

So I gave Motormaster his hip replacement surgery, and it seems to be working well.

Superion's solid nannerhorns are slightly too large for Silverbolt's chest cavity, making for a very snug fit. I can see a reason for the bendy ones he came with.

While I was at it, I finally decided to give Superion four jets for limbs. Alpha Bravo is a neat character on his own and deserves a little shelf space of his own.

I found out a couple things I didn't read before and kind of ignored before because of their similar transformation schemes. Fireflight and Slingshot make great legs because their wings can be folded back along their calves, making the legs a little smoother while still retaining the plane noses as kneeguards. Air Raid is still a great arm, but I completely overlooked Skydive's extra shoulder joints. I thought he was the weakest of the Aerialbots because his wings were so forward and his arms didn't pin anywhere in vehicle mode like the other three jets and AB.

Boy, was I wrong! Those extra joints make for a great limb or jet mode. That's what I get for not reading the instructions thoroughly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh the irony a CW wave consisting entirely of European sports cars is not coming to Europe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
since when is Air Raid a european sportscar?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Go sit in the corner and think about what you just typed, Mr.

The one time TTR didn't Taint Reap, and you're trying to ruin it by technicality.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I didn't spend 8 years and $250,000 three minutes and :10bux: registering the username "DoctorWhat" to be called "MisterWhat".

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Where's your nemesis CaptainWhat

vvv CaptainWhat vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 10, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Who's my nemesis?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Who, the guy on first.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Who, the guy on first.

What?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yes?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

No, who.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The band on stage!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

No, The Band's playing later!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

No, The Band's playing later!

Who is?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

No, Who's on now!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

No, Who's on now!

What?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Of all the bullshit I've lurked in this thread, the last 10 posts have amused me to no end.

I ordered the the hip joints from that guy and I'm pretty sure I ordered the Blackjack thing too, it says preorder though, does that just mean it's kinda sittin in limbo till enough comes in or until he actually makes it?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I always can't help but picture his shoulder cannon shooting those little foam discs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

Got Ultra Magnus, Hotspot, Cyclonus and Thundercracker today. My poor, poor wallet.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Impactor would probably look awesome next to Springer with that bright rear end yellow, his colors are wonderful.

e: quick mock

TheDK fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 10, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Saab was born from Jets. :colbert:

Ultra Magnus can transport Silverbolt, he can also transport Jetfire if you really force it.

I just wish he was slightly bigger even though he's around the same height as the G1 version and can actually move. It just kinda sucks that the next leaders are Thundercracker, Starscream, and Skywarp. We need more big trucks like Magnus and less Planes/Helicopters/Optimus Primes. Magnus is just the perfect big fuckoff tractor trailer for a ton of other G1 guys.

Also Megan McCarthy is now head of collective hasbro Storytelling. I hope you all are ready for Equestriabots.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 10, 2015

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Megan McCarthy is now head of collective hasbro Storytelling. I hope you all are ready for Equestriabots.

There was already a transforming My Little Pony in AoE, you're late to the party Taint Reaper.

That said if we get a line of cross over toys like the Marvel and Star Wars licenses where one of those ponies turn into a tank, I will probably drown in my tears from laughing at TFW2005.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
As long as it gets us a Battle Unicorn re-release, sure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

There was already a transforming My Little Pony in AoE, you're late to the party Taint Reaper.

That said if we get a line of cross over toys like the Marvel and Star Wars licenses where one of those ponies turn into a tank, I will probably drown in my tears from laughing at TFW2005.

I just want Official Revoltechs so Ponies can fight robots, Megaman, and Goku.

Seriously those dolls have show inaccurate hair and their laser guitars don't even transform in a robot birds or panthers. Utterly shameful.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

An Angry Bug posted:

Mach Kick, with soft hair you can really brush!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

An Angry Bug posted:

As a proper voyager like Rhinox.

DoctorWhat posted:

If Seekers can be sports cars, why not?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i love those geigercars

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

Mach Kick, with soft hair you can really brush!

He already has this and brushable hair has always sucked.

I have like 30 of those she-ra figures and molded articulated plastic hair is superior.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Minimus is so tiny!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Minimus is so tiny!

Watch him become the 70 dollar piece sold separately on the secondary market in years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Found Wave 3 at a semi-local Walmart today. Looks like Walmart is your go-to choice for Wave 3 for the moment, since all the retail sightings have been there.