Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hoobajoo posted:

OK, yeah, it's totally longer than a day. I guess if the cancer or disease was caught early enough, he could heal it.

Josuke could totally cure cancer by ripping the tumors out of someone's body with Crazy Diamond and then instantly fixing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Josuke could totally cure cancer by ripping the tumors out of someone's body with Crazy Diamond and then instantly fixing them.

If this was true, Okuyasu's dad wouldn't still be a giant bird-man-vampire mutant thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Okuyasu's dad must be on the outer edge of the upper limit for restoration because Josuke could restore the torn up photo that couldn't have been destroyed much later than when Okuyasu's dad became that beast.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I wonder if Okuyasu's dad could have eaten Pearl Jam and they could've done something.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
He could be like Deadpool and no matter what you do to try and heal him, his cells just keep mutating.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLYddCIjX8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ben Diskin is playing Joseph in the dub, which is premiering at Anime Expo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The falcoon jojo art is good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Ben Diskin is playing Joseph in the dub, which is premiering at Anime Expo.

where the gently caress how

where is this info

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

where the gently caress how

where is this info

Yo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ben Diskin is actually a pretty great choice, hype as gently caress.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
People in the anime thread talking about dog death again.

Can't wait for Part 4.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i was about to be like "wait huh?" at joseph's dub actor but then i remembered it's not SC getting dubbed yet

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

do any dogs die from Parts 5 to 7? i can't remember, and Part 8 still has Iwasuke alive so that's out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Beef Waifu posted:

Ben Diskin is actually a pretty great choice, hype as gently caress.

What are some clips I can watch that'll give me a good indication of what to expect from him?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He was Numbahs One and Two on Kids Next Door.

He's also Death Gun in SAO2, Umino in the new Sailor Moon dub, Eric Sparrow from THUG, and Takarada in KLK.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

What are some clips I can watch that'll give me a good indication of what to expect from him?

Disclaimer: None of these clips are a great indication of how Joseph is going to be voiced in relation to Diskin so just know that you're hearing different characters right and his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL9Jw2DaveM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNTFaWFuxE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVqwXbkjR80

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Araki posted:

I'm really into "Complete Illustrated Guide to _____" - Style Books, so whenever they release one (Whether it's a picture book of dinosaurs or a dictionary of movie stars), I buy it immediately.
I just get drawn into the little details, like hometowns, birthdates, favorite foods... and I end up reading them over and over.
Lately, the two I've been enjoying the most are "The Complete Supermodel Catalog" and "Cats of the World". They're just both so graceful!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ben Diskin voicing a guy who stops time in Kingdom Hearts and then coming over to voice a guy who gets beaten up by a guy who stops time in JJBA is pretty great.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Is there a complete collection of these? A lot of the scans don't translate the sleeves. The ones about him having a swimsuit girl calendar and how master craftsmen have soft hands are so weird that i want to read the rest.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bad Seafood posted:

Can't wait for Part 4.

About just a little over halfway through Part 4 and this.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CJ posted:

Is there a complete collection of these? A lot of the scans don't translate the sleeves. The ones about him having a swimsuit girl calendar and how master craftsmen have soft hands are so weird that i want to read the rest.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Author%27s_Note

Go nuts.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I really enjoy reading fan letters. Often, they are filled with a whole lot of stuff not at all related to readers' thoughts about Jojo. Letter including things like self-profiles, school life and hobbies. One thing I noticed above all, was that just as readers want to know the fate of Jojo, so too do I want to know what kind of people want to know about Jojo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Araki is secretly a deep cover goon.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Seriously though, who the hell is Gokuraku-kun?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CodfishCartographer posted:

Seriously though, who the hell is Gokuraku-kun?

What volume is this?

edit: it just says it's a character from a famous manga.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 10, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna send araki a fan letter letting him know that I like a jojo's bizarre adventure

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

Araki posted:

I'm really into "Complete Illustrated Guide to _____" - Style Books, so whenever they release one (Whether it's a picture book of dinosaurs or a dictionary of movie stars), I buy it immediately.
I just get drawn into the little details, like hometowns, birthdates, favorite foods... and I end up reading them over and over.
Lately, the two I've been enjoying the most are "The Complete Supermodel Catalog" and "Cats of the World". They're just both so graceful!

Hey, wait a minute, this sounds familiar somehow.

:staredog:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

you don't know how much i love this panel of dio and pucci in bed, just chillin, readin books

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dio removing his shirt to read will never not be great. :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a cartoon duck posted:

you don't know how much i love this panel of dio and pucci in bed, just chillin, readin books

is this pre or post coitus.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dogsicle posted:

do any dogs die from Parts 5 to 7? i can't remember, and Part 8 still has Iwasuke alive so that's out.

Jolyne throws a rock at an alligators head and then tells it to gently caress off

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kurtofan posted:

is this pre or post coitus.

Probably both.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Dude this is the anime thread don't post spoilers

Is it really spoilers to say Jotaro will win and DIO will be disintegrated by the sun? I mean, they all know there's a lot more JoJo after part 3 and how often do shonens end without the protagonists winning? They technically even win out in Stone Ocean.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Would you say Jonathan won? He died and failed to stop DIO, after all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aurain posted:

Is it really spoilers to say Jotaro will win and DIO will be disintegrated by the sun? I mean, they all know there's a lot more JoJo after part 3 and how often do shonens end without the protagonists winning? They technically even win out in Stone Ocean.

I was hoping that the joke would be vague enough to not be spoilers

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

I think it was just a joke about the sexy thing not actual spoiler concern.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

The protagonist does not win in the first part - it's basically just a Pyrrhic victory. It's a big deal that Joseph is the first to survive.

After 1 they win, kind of (Stone Ocean is weird in that they only kind of stop Pucci from doing what HE wanted to do, but still end up screwing themselves over since they don't really exist any more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's very debatable, for sure, but I'd probably say yes for the most part. He did totally disable DIO and nullify him for 100 years. It's a Pyrrhic victory, perhaps.

e: Pyrrhic victory mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
re-reading part 5 and I realized an interesting comparison between DIO and Diavolo

DIO's big dramatic reveal against the heroes involves him at the top of a flight of stairs, and preventing Polnareff (who is at the bottom) from going up them

Diavolo's big dramatic reveal against the heroes involves him at the bottom of a flight of stairs, and Polnareff (who is at the top) is unable to prevent him from going up them.

Dunno if this was an intended parallel since araki forgets stuff constantly and there was a good six years between scenes, but it's a cool thing all the same.