Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Candice Bergen was an organizer with the McGovern '72 campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chwoka posted:

Wasn't Murphy Brown the same generation as Friends though? Will the 90s ever truly end?

Murphy Brown was 88-98
Friends was 94-04

There was some overlap, but I wouldn't call them "same generation" by any means.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chwoka posted:

Wasn't Murphy Brown the same generation as Friends though? Will the 90s ever truly end?

Wait poo poo, I thought of a better one:

Rick Santorum's spirit animal is clearly the Quayle.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Davethulhu posted:

Wait poo poo, I thought of a better one:

Rick Santorum's spirit animal is clearly the Quayle.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Davethulhu posted:

It's Murphy Brown for a new generation.

At least Murphy Brown was still running at the time. Friends ended like 11 years ago.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

"For women in El Paso, the closest abortion provider in Texas would require a 1,200-mile round trip to San Antonio, or they would have to cross state lines. The appeals court found that option suitable, noting that a clinic was just across the border in Santa Teresa, New Mexico."

Add those judges to the guillotine waiting list. They might have to cross state lines but that's a suitable option.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Curt Clawson says "the group is hanging together" in reference to TPA opposition as he emerges from the Tortilla Coast basement.

If he's serious, that's ~30 Republican votes against.

The problem here: it's Curt Clawson and the most fragile caucus in the House.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sugar free jazz posted:

Please stop posting about working papers and not mentioning that they're working papers, especially ones from 2012

He said it was directly from reddit's /r/conservative, which is exactly as horrible as it sounds.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Joementum posted:

The House Freedom Caucus is meeting in the basement of the Tortilla Coast to discuss how they'll respond to the NDAA being bundled with the cybersecurity bill.

That's a completely true thing that is happening tonight in the world's greatest democracy.

DC Insider tip: Tortilla Coast is a really lovely place, even for your generic lovely Tex Mex place. It is, however, like a block from the Rayburn House Office Building.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

SgtScruffy posted:

DC Insider tip: Tortilla Coast is a really lovely place, even for your generic lovely Tex Mex place. It is, however, like a block from the Rayburn House Office Building.

Yeah, didn't House GOP suicide caucus members meet there during the the government shutdown too?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ErIog posted:

Yeah, didn't House GOP suicide caucus members meet there during the the government shutdown too?

Yep! Led by Ted Cruz:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...c8ea_story.html

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I knew that place rang a bell.

America: where tense behind-the-scenes legislative wheeling and dealing is interrupted only by the server trucking over a fresh basket of chips and salsa.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Rhesus Pieces posted:

America: where tense behind-the-scenes legislative wheeling and dealing is interrupted only by the server trucking over a fresh basket of chips and salsa.

There are a lot of things wrong with America. This isn't one of them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good Citizen posted:

There are a lot of things wrong with America. This isn't one of them

It is if the server got raped by her boss and isn't allowed to get a goddamn abortion or press charges because ~pro life freedom right to work~

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Lizards like deserts. Tex-Mex is Mexican food from the deepest desert. It checks out that lizards would like tex-mex.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

"For women in El Paso, the closest abortion provider in Texas would require a 1,200-mile round trip to San Antonio, or they would have to cross state lines. The appeals court found that option suitable, noting that a clinic was just across the border in Santa Teresa, New Mexico."

Add those judges to the guillotine waiting list. They might have to cross state lines but that's a suitable option.

Santa Teresa, NM is about a twenty minute drive from downtown El Paso. I wish the court had ruled the other way, and any amount of travel can be a hassle for low income persons, but state lines aren't some sort of magical barrier. Also I'm about 99% sure this trip doesn't require traveling through any of the border patrol checkpoints set up near the border.

Edit: the bigger problem is for people who are under court order not to leave the state for some reason.

Shbobdb posted:

Lizards like deserts. Tex-Mex is Mexican food from the deepest desert. It checks out that lizards would like tex-mex.

Desire to point out that Tex-Mex isn't from the desert part of Texas and create a big food derail is rising, but we really shouldn't.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 10, 2015

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

mlmp08 posted:

Santa Teresa, NM is about a twenty minute drive from downtown El Paso. I wish the court had ruled the other way, and any amount of travel can be a hassle for low income persons, but state lines aren't some sort of magical barrier. Also I'm about 99% sure this trip doesn't require traveling through any of the border patrol checkpoints set up near the border.

Edit: the bigger problem is for people who are under court order not to leave the state for some reason.

They've tried to pass federal laws preventing minors from crossing state lines to get an abortion (Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act of 2012, which died, thankfully) and I will be very surprised if they don't try it again.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

mlmp08 posted:

Desire to point out that Tex-Mex isn't from the desert part of Texas and create a big food derail is rising, but we really shouldn't.

In your situation, you can't imagine how these rules would affect other people with less resources than you.
Great. Therefore everyone is capable of accessing services. No problem.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh hey, cool, the thread title has come to life.

quote:

A new Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) report circulating in the Kremlin today says that US Secretary of John Kerry was “gravely wounded” yesterday (31 May) after a secret meeting he was holding with a top Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS/ISIL) commander erupted in gunfire in what Federation intelligence analysts are calling an “obvious assassination attempt”.

The purpose of Secretary Kerry’s secret travel to this French military air base, this report explains, was to meet with a top ISIS commander for a “strategy session” prior to tomorrow’s (2 June) international conference in Paris where over 60 nations will begin meeting in an attempt to find a “final solution” to this terrorist group that is currently destabilizing the entire Middle East, and which Kerry was scheduled to attend.

Yes, it's so clear now! John Kerry wasn't riding a bike in France (who even does that?!), no, he was in a top secret meeting with ISIS to give away all our freedoms.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Joementum posted:

Oh hey, cool, the thread title has come to life.

Yes, it's so clear now! John Kerry wasn't riding a bike in France (who even does that?!), no, he was in a top secret meeting with ISIS to give away all our freedoms.

:lol:

How do I get paid to write this poo poo?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, “Well, I’ve got a sister. She could play that role if necessary. I’ve got a lot of friends. We’ll have a rotating first lady.” ~ Lindsey Graham

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pohl posted:

:lol:

How do I get paid to write this poo poo?

Dox a bunch of people on Twitter, tap a sitting senator's office, and lure a woman onto a boat for the sole purpose of totally not sexually assaulting them. Oh yeah, wear a wig and go to Planet Fitness and whine about the lack of squat racks.

Just don't make fun of Hannity. :ohdear:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, “Well, I’ve got a sister. She could play that role if necessary. I’ve got a lot of friends. We’ll have a rotating first lady.” ~ Lindsey Graham

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chwoka posted:

Not until Dustin Diamond takes his revenge against the entire cast of Saved by the Bell.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

They've tried to pass federal laws preventing minors from crossing state lines to get an abortion (Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act of 2012, which died, thankfully) and I will be very surprised if they don't try it again.

Due to safety concerns we have passed this law forbidding abortions to any out of state individual.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

The House Freedom Caucus is meeting in the basement of the Tortilla Coast to discuss how they'll respond to the NDAA being bundled with the cybersecurity bill.

That's a completely true thing that is happening tonight in the world's greatest democracy.

Tortilla Coast's website posted:

Inexpensive Capitol Hill Tex-Mex restaurant offering frozen margaritas by the pitcher. Same ownership as Cafe Deluxe.

God, I love watching your freak show of a democracy from afar.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Franklin Graham is mad about commercials.

quote:

"Have you ever asked yourself--how can we fight the tide of moral decay that is being crammed down our throats by big business, the media, and the gay & lesbian community?" Graham wrote in a Facebook post on June 5. "At the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, we are moving our accounts from Wells Fargo to another bank."

That new bank will be BB&T, the association confirmed. But social media users were quick to point out the North Carolina-based bank is a sponsor for Miami Beach Gay Pride, an annual festival celebrating the LGBT community.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pohl posted:

In your situation, you can't imagine how these rules would affect other people with less resources than you.
Great. Therefore everyone is capable of accessing services. No problem.

In your situation, you can't loving read.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

zoux posted:

During the NBA Finals, they have been showing a commercial of two females learning sign language so that they can adopt a little girl who is deaf. It is really touching and when they meet her, one mom signs "hi, we are going to be your new mommies. We are so happy to meet you." It is really sweet and to see it plastered all over ESPN and the NBA Finals is awesome.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Females.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zoux posted:

These people sure do have an obsession with cramming stuff down people's throats.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

richardfun posted:

Alcohol's one of the few things that crosses party lines. Except if you're Mormon but gently caress them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

richardfun posted:

Frozen margaritas are usually just sugary slushes with barely enough alcohol in them to require you to be 21 to buy. At a place serving them by the pitcher you'd probably have to drink the entire pitcher to start maybe feeling the alcohol, assuming you can distinguish it from the hyperglycemia due to drinking 2kCal of sugar.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

richardfun posted:

If that was the worst thing with our politics we would be living in a utopia

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
people getting drunk is a freakshow, lol

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

people getting drunk is a freakshow, lol
p sure the joke is that a presumably important meeting is happening at the Tex-Mex equivalent of an Applebee's

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't even want to know what passes as Tex Mex in Washington DC.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Sit down version of Taco Time?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Last place I went to was with an old family friend. She took my to Silverados for dinner. At 5-6 PM. It was full of octogenarians.

This was my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Females.

Let us all take a moment to call out a poster who was trying to show how awesome an ad was that was progressive in accepting same sex couples, same sex adoption, and learning in order to enable differently abled persons.

You got that poster good!

• Locked thread