Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Whoever wins, the thread... well, wins really. Pretty much want to see all the scenarios in this round of votes happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

C FWL isn't getting enough love as it is.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Any spriters out there willing to make me a couple of tiny cars / hovercars and the like? I don't need them the size of full-on tanks or anything. I've got some half-decent buildings already and I'm not looking for anything really fancy, just stuff to compliment the buildings I've already done / am currently working on.

Like this one:

If anyone is willing to help me make a little window dressing, here's my 'base' building sheet to help keep things in scale.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I haven't sprited for a while since getting a job, but I might give it a go.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Keru posted:

Whoever wins, the thread... well, wins really. Pretty much want to see all the scenarios in this round of votes happen.

Yeah, this is a nice spread. I made my vote for Sandoval shenanigans, but there isn't one here I'd mind seeing play out, nor is there one that I feel we HAVE to play...unlike, say, the whole Janos Marik vs Battle of Luthien kerfuffle three and a half years ago. Four scenarios, all interesting, all worth seeing.

Well played, PTN. :golfclap:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Also, they all feel relevant in some way, which is good. I know some people like the more"throwaway" missions but I am pretty invested in the metaplot at this point, so I like when missions are relevant to one of the major threads running through the narrative.

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Also, they all feel relevant in some way, which is good. I know some people like the more"throwaway" missions but I am pretty invested in the metaplot at this point, so I like when missions are relevant to one of the major threads running through the narrative.

Completely agree with this sentiment. All to the good if there are some changes of pace between the scenario's and it's been clear this isn't the general sentiment but i've felt somewhat less invested in missions like the Solaris one or the Ghost movie myself. (Allthough the pirate one had enough fun to convince even me. :) )

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While I agree that being there for the great moments in history is fun, pacing probably demands a mix of important and more casual scenarios (as casual as giant robot war can be, anyway). Turning points like Luthien and Chatham carry more punch as tentpoles amidst pirate fun and sports tournaments.

Which reminds me, with Chatham taken I wonder if Luthien II will be on offer before too long? I assume retaking Luthien would do a lot to cement the alliance between the Kuritas and the Davions - even an ardent traditionalist warlord would have to admit some kind of debt.

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
I would like to vote C

tofuwizard
Feb 22, 2013
Voting for B.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Man, the top two options are within six points of each other. That is a close contest.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

They all sound great though! I don't know which to vote for!

C

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Throwing my vote in for C.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
drat this is going to be close:

A) 14
B) 32
C) 34
D) 14

Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011
Voting B

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Voting B.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
The runners up of these votes often have a not awful outcome behind the scenes. The only way to make more dead Mariks is for some intrepid goon to get him blown up.

C

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chair In A Basket posted:

The runners up of these votes often have a not awful outcome behind the scenes. The only way to make more dead Mariks is for some intrepid goon to get him blown up.

Hey now, I resemble that remark.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I want a proper Charlie Foxtrot!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna vote D to help make sure that trainwreck still happens.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I want to B a merc.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

So assuming the count is correct, my voting for B should tie the two again. Look what I have done to the vote. For value.

No matter which one wins it will be great.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Chair In A Basket posted:

It's me. I am the guy that is going to charge head first into the first enemy group to get a Marik killed. I'll do so while telling all my teammates to NO, YOU SHUT UP.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Infected posted:

It's me. I am the guy that is going to charge head first into the first enemy group to get a Marik killed. I'll do so while telling all my teammates to NO, YOU SHUT UP.

The way :battletech: works that'll only make him stronger.

Edit: oh man, it's been 3 years since disgusted? Time to celebrate.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'll toss in a vote for B.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Anything to screw over CapCon is a good idea in my vote, so here's another for C.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Voting B.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Since it's close I'll vote and throw my hat in the ring for B

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
B

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Voting C to congratulate PTN on the promotion, and because valiant life & death struggles on MY HOME PLANET against the odds are what Battletech is all about

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Official numbers:

A) 13
B) 37
C) 39
D) 14

I'll be calling it in a few hours, probably around noon my time, so I can start working on building the map and opforce.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
B

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I want Star Lord mercenaries to happen, but purple Nightstar is awfully tempting....

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
I'm torn, on the one hand we're not going to see that kicking rad new merc company, but on the other hand I absolutely love marauders. :getin:

e: Wait that's not a marauder... Nightstars are amazing though!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Baudin posted:

I'm torn, on the one hand we're not going to see that kicking rad new merc company, but on the other hand I absolutely love marauders. :getin:

I too think maraders are :krad: but Nightstars are even better!!!

e: on second thought any of the normal universe Nightstar configs in an "Low/out of ammo" situation would be sorta crap so maybe not?? Going to cast an official vote for C though.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 10, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gwaihir posted:

I too think maraders are :krad: but Nightstars are even better!!!

e: on second thought any of the normal universe Nightstar configs in an "Low/out of ammo" situation would be sorta crap so maybe not?? Going to cast an official vote for C though.

If a Nightstar runs out of ammo you need to start using the weapons to kill enemies instead of just firing them into the air and yelling "AAAAAAAAAA!"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

If a Nightstar runs out of ammo you need to start using the weapons to kill enemies instead of just firing them into the air and yelling "AAAAAAAAAA!"

Yeah, seriously. The Nightstar can fire its Gauss Rifles continuously for 24 turns straight if it's not trying to conserve ammo. It's pretty much the king of "I'm taking this stupid potshot"

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 10, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Except the version with an LB-20x and UAC/20 and a whole 3 tons of ammo between them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

Except the version with an LB-20x and UAC/20 and a whole 3 tons of ammo between them.

That one's a Solaris VII version, so you can't expect it to make sense.

Or, y'know, be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

I really really need to learn to not be drinking something when I read one of your posts Defiance, because it seems like half the time I end up with the drink all over my keyboard.

• Locked thread