Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Wildtortilla posted:

What us the rupee glitch? I have like 3" hours in this and I'm unaware of any glitches.

Also is this for new models only?

There's a way to trigger an underflow of your rupee counter and basically get several million rupees with zero effort.

As for the 3DS port...its not 100% yet, but nothing in the leaked trailer indicated it being exclusive to the New.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Wildtortilla posted:

What us the rupee glitch? I have like 3" hours in this and I'm unaware of any glitches.

Also is this for new models only?

Here's more than you want/need to know about the Max Rupees Glitch: http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2wtnjw/max_rupee_glitch/

The OP of that thread also has links to a few of my videos of the glitch being triggered, but I have several more that aren't in the OP as well.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I saw 55 replies to this thread and I was like "Ok, what happened..."

Tetra and The King... wow.

I must say, I think the idea of putting this on the 3DS is dumb. They'll have to really downgrade the game. Also, I've already bought the game once; I don't want to buy it again, or play through all those game modes... AGAIN... I'm probably at 200 hours and still no where near done with all the side stuff to do.

As long as I can get the King and Tetra without buying the 3DS game I'm happy.

To those who are happy about this, great. But I think this is kind of weak...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Spectacle Rock posted:

I saw 55 replies to this thread and I was like "Ok, what happened..."

Tetra and The King... wow.

I must say, I think the idea of putting this on the 3DS is dumb. They'll have to really downgrade the game. Also, I've already bought the game once; I don't want to buy it again, or play through all those game modes... AGAIN... I'm probably at 200 hours and still no where near done with all the side stuff to do.

As long as I can get the King and Tetra without buying the 3DS game I'm happy.

To those who are happy about this, great. But I think this is kind of weak...

Maybe we should wait and see more before judging? Just a thought...

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Tetra and King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule himself? I haven't so much as thought about this game in months but I'm 100% sold on them alone, it's about time WW got some love.

I always liked the fact that Tetra went back to being a pirate even after finding out about her heritage. She was too cool to be just another princess.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

jivjov posted:

There's a way to trigger an underflow of your rupee counter and basically get several million rupees with zero effort.

Lies. From what I've read it takes most people hours to trigger the glitch because despite narrowing down what triggers it, it's still random.

And seconding the "it's gonna be downgraded" notion. There's no way that the 3DS will be able to handle the same number of enemies on screen at the same time as the WiiU and as others have said, I've spent over 100 hours in the WiiU version, why do i want to basically reset my progress and do it all again?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My guess is that there will be different scenarios as far as maps and adventure mode stuff goes, and maybe even a different story mode that incorporates the new characters. I don't think it will have exactly the same content except downgraded. The content will be different, and not "downgraded".

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wonder if they will have to change the ranking requirements because of the hardware

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

mabels big day posted:

My guess is that there will be different scenarios as far as maps and adventure mode stuff goes, and maybe even a different story mode that incorporates the new characters. I don't think it will have exactly the same content except downgraded. The content will be different, and not "downgraded".

That's a lot of assumptions to make for something that's basically going to be a port.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Or we could stop making any assumptions at all? Maybe that could be a good idea?

It's a single, untranslated trailer that we (presumably) weren't meant to see yet. Assumptions, of the good or of the bad, are a bit more than stupid at this early juncture.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm also assuming that Groose and Linebeck are added, and a Wind Waker map too. These are pretty safe assumptions people.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are my sick Hyrule Warriors predictions:

-they are going to roll out a Hyrule Warriors Amiibo line
-you will never ever own a Linkle amiibo

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I pray to hell that they let you transfer saves between systems. At the very least let me use my level 100 Link in the new game right off the bat.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-you will never ever own a Linkle amiibo

Wow gently caress this universal truth.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Holy poo poo is that name infuriating. Who came up with "Linkle" in the first place?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

larchesdanrew posted:

Who came up with "Linkle" in the first place?

It probably doesn't sound as bad in Japanese. In Japan, Tingle is named Tinkle.

Tinkle already sorta sounds like Link. Tingle/Tinkle is somewhat a failed Majora's Universe version of Link himself. So, they already had Tinkle so make the T and L and you've got Linkle (why not!?)

If they translated this to English female Link might be Lingle. I could see them using a 'y' instead of an 'i.' I believe they did something like that with Link's sister's name in Wind Waker.

So, if female link concept art ever makes it, here are the forerunners:
Linkle
Lingle
Lynkle
Lyngle
Lynk

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Dumb names are kinda a Zelda tradition:

- Epona the horse
- Sheik, the sheikah
- Tatl and Tael
- Demise

Good names:

- Cojiro

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Groose
Kaepora Gaebora

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
drat 10 whole moblins at once. What an age we live in.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spectacle Rock posted:

It probably doesn't sound as bad in Japanese. In Japan, Tingle is named Tinkle.

Tinkle already sorta sounds like Link. Tingle/Tinkle is somewhat a failed Majora's Universe version of Link himself. So, they already had Tinkle so make the T and L and you've got Linkle (why not!?)

If they translated this to English female Link might be Lingle. I could see them using a 'y' instead of an 'i.' I believe they did something like that with Link's sister's name in Wind Waker.

So, if female link concept art ever makes it, here are the forerunners:
Linkle
Lingle
Lynkle
Lyngle
Lynk

Maybe they could just call the female Link "Link," because it's not like the name is gendered and it sounds cool and all of those listed names sound/look horrible.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Female Link will most likely just be a costume for Link himself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New Update to add a costume

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Seeing Classic Link in 3D is loving rad. I've always loved the Zelda 1 and II designs.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's cool that this endless game is still getting content.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh my.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is amazing :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That hair sweep just makes me wanna say "excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess" until the octoroks come home.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Is there a particular piece of DLC you have to have to get that costume?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's a free update for everyone.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I hope it wasn't a stealth patch for the Rupee thing..

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
There it went, it just didn't apply the update from the quick launch menu.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chaltab posted:

There it went, it just didn't apply the update from the quick launch menu.

lol I have this problem every time I install Hyrule Warriors DLC and every time I go "What the-? Why isn't this working?" and can't remember what the solution was last time.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Btw HW3d is called Hyrule Warriors Legends over here. Upset they didn't go all the way and name it Xtream Legends.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

lol I have this problem every time I install Hyrule Warriors DLC and every time I go "What the-? Why isn't this working?" and can't remember what the solution was last time.

eShop - My Menu - Your Downloads - Downloaded Content - Hyrule Warriors

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

eShop - My Menu - Your Downloads - Downloaded Content - Hyrule Warriors

Yeah, but by the time they do the next DLC I'll make the exact same mistake and go "duhhhh, what was the fix for this again?"

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So are the Wind Waker characters exclusively 3DS or will they be DLC for the console at some point too? I don't wanna buy this game twice since I've barely even gotten...no I am still trying to beat the original Adventure Map. I haven't even touched Twilight Princess or Majora maps :(

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

My problem with the game is that Most of the characters require a decent level to reliably beat maps in a quick manner for A ranks. I don't have lots of time on my hands to slowly grind everyone on maps over and over, no matter how good the material farming is.

Also because I can't do the Rupee Glitch :negative:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So are the Wind Waker characters exclusively 3DS or will they be DLC for the console at some point too? I don't wanna buy this game twice since I've barely even gotten...no I am still trying to beat the original Adventure Map. I haven't even touched Twilight Princess or Majora maps :(

The Japanese trailer for the 3DS version had a graphic showing using the 3DS version to unlock Tetra and the King on the Wii U, so here some manner of unlock method using the 3DS version. No word on a separate download.

EDIT: the patch notes for the 1.7.0 patch confirm that the character transfer will also happen in America.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 17, 2015

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Took me a while to track this thread down so I'll repost here from the WiiU thread: what do I need to buy to make sure I have all the DLC? I don't want to pay for something twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Overemotional Robot posted:

Took me a while to track this thread down so I'll repost here from the WiiU thread: what do I need to buy to make sure I have all the DLC? I don't want to pay for something twice.

The season pass will get you pretty much all of it, barring costumes, which, if you care about, you'll mostly have to buy individually. We don't really know whether the King of Hyrule and Tetra will be pay-for or even available if you don't own the 3DS version yet, though.

• Locked thread