Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Skillets do own. All I need is a pot and a skillet for pretty much all of my cooking needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It kinda makes me happy seeing that weird retard spending all his money on Star Wars poo poo... sure I spend a bunch on cookbooks and cooking but I mean hey that's actually useful and delicious

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I have a glass top stove so my cast iron can't be used on it. That's what the internet says. I do have a burner on my grill for when I'm cooking bacon or eggs in it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I have a glass top stove so my cast iron can't be used on it. That's what the internet says. I do have a burner on my grill for when I'm cooking bacon or eggs in it.

You can use cast iron on a glass top stove (we do). You just can't drag it around on the burner.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cast iron is god's own cooking material

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I just loving realized my landlord put an induction stove in godamniiiiit

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

cast iron is god's own cooking material

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You can use cast iron on a glass top stove (we do). You just can't drag it around on the burner.

Maybe I should do more than listen to my mom. I thought something about it getting too hot. Not sure. Whatever gonna use the poo poo out of it now.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Back to cooking chat, I just made the best indoor steak ever. Brought out my cast iron to do it steakhouse style with an NY strip.

1. Heat skillet in oven to 500 degrees
2. Pat dry and season steak with S+P
3. Remove skillet, put over high heat on stove. Sear steak in skillet one minute each side.
4. Return skillet to oven with steak, flip after two minutes per side
5. Remove steak from heat and let rest under tin foil for five minutes

Perfect brown crust, sear line inside with medium rare middle. Ate it just like that with no sauce or anything.

this is exactly how i do mine but without any flipping once in the oven where it spends 2-3 min and no tin foil, but i like mine rare

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man i cant wait until i move so i can bbq with charcoal without my rear end in a top hat neighbor being a bitch about it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

man i cant wait until i move so i can bbq with charcoal without my rear end in a top hat neighbor being a bitch about it

tell her to eat a gluten free dick

then dump fat on your coals

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the gently caress can he do? eewww it smells!

gently caress off

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
starting tit for tat poo poo with your neighbors never ends well

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

tell her to eat a gluten free dick

then dump fat on your coals

no hes a bitch who complains about the smell

ded posted:

the gently caress can he do? eewww it smells!

gently caress off

he cant do poo poo i just dont want to hear his bitchyness about it

hes a dried up old racist bitch and the fact that the angriest indian to ever live in CT is buying my condo fills me with glee

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he pointed out once that i was the only one in the condo association with a charcoal grill

i told him that was because i was the only one with taste

he then tried to get charcoal grills banned, but everyone else here hates him too so they spitevoted against it

i'm not grilling here anymore because gently caress it, i'll be out of here in a couple weeks and i just dont care anymore

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Charcoal grilling smells great, though, and Dad charcoal grilling in the summer and on special occasions is a touchstone White-Picket-Fence-And-A-Dog-American experience. Maybe his father abandoned him? You should ask IMO, wouldn't hurt to get to the bottom of his neurotic hatred of things that bring joy to everyone.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he pointed out once that i was the only one in the condo association with a charcoal grill

he then tried to get charcoal grills banned, but everyone else here hates him too so they spitevoted against it

i'm not grilling here anymore because gently caress it, i'll be out of here in a couple weeks and i just dont care anymore

dont be a bitch you should grill every day until you leave

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

at the date posted:

oh yeah, I forgot, the reason they don't contribute to retirement accounts is that they "don't trust investments." right back to my point about shamelessly spouting stupid crap.

"I'm a hoarder and I refuse to save money. I need financial advice, but don't advise me to change either of those things because they're who I am!!!!"

How much trouble would i be in with the BFC mods if I just linked her instructions to a good murder/suicide plan?

I have already caught poo poo for giving D&Ders Exit Bag instructions so I thought I would ask first.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

owns

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

How much trouble would i be in with the BFC mods if I just linked her instructions to a good murder/suicide plan?

I have already caught poo poo for giving D&Ders Exit Bag instructions so I thought I would ask first.

permaban

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Moving out in two weeks means it's time to go nuclear. Get bags of hair clippings from a barber shop and burn them on the grill.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

at the date posted:

Charcoal grilling smells great, though, and Dad charcoal grilling in the summer and on special occasions is a touchstone White-Picket-Fence-And-A-Dog-American experience. Maybe his father abandoned him? You should ask IMO, wouldn't hurt to get to the bottom of his neurotic hatred of things that bring joy to everyone.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Seriously, if you had a neighbor like this why wouldn't you grill everyday? It's your honest right as an Amurikan and brings you some golden entertainment. If he has a problem with it you call him a dirty communist who hates vets. I would pay money to see this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You guys even bother with eggs in your skillet? Guess if it is seasoned enough?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Anita Dickinme posted:

Seriously, if you had a neighbor like this why wouldn't you grill everyday? It's your honest right as an Amurikan and brings you some golden entertainment. If he has a problem with it you call him a dirty communist who hates vets. I would pay money to see this.

he was a marine, and got pissy when i asked him if he ever deployed (nope)

honestly though he's happiest when he pisses people off, it's probably the only joy he gets out of his gay life. The only time I've ever been able to truly get him truely mad was calling the cops on him twice for yelling at my wife.

he's also had two strokes now, and spends his time wandering around with his dog off the leash looking for someone to yell at him to put the leash on, and yelling at people for violating condo rules when he has no power to enforce anything.

honestly the people moving in here are going to drive him up a goddamn wall, and i wish i was around to see what's going to happen. it's going to be magical

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

In Jurassic Park News....

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he was a marine, and got pissy when i asked him if he ever deployed (nope)

honestly though he's happiest when he pisses people off, it's probably the only joy he gets out of his gay life. The only time I've ever been able to truly get him truely mad was calling the cops on him twice for yelling at my wife.

he's also had two strokes now, and spends his time wandering around with his dog off the leash looking for someone to yell at him to put the leash on, and yelling at people for violating condo rules when he has no power to enforce anything.

honestly the people moving in here are going to drive him up a goddamn wall, and i wish i was around to see what's going to happen. it's going to be magical

I would legit pay extra rent to have a neighbor like this. The things I could do when I was bored. :devil:

Also calling him a communist who hates vets would be even more hilarious as an ex marine.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Man, I don't care what sort of dick you like to take.

sometimes when I take a big poop I think, "is this what it feels like?"

And then I realize that taking a D in the B must be a frightening experience, alternating between excrutiating pain and the sensation that you are pooping and have no way of stopping it.

..but I'm still going to negotiate b-hole access with any woman who will lay with me because I'm a goddamn monster.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
And :lol: at condo/gated community problems. Have you not been paying attention to the latest chapter in RAHOWAPALOOZA?

Your exclusionary walls and gates are super racist.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So for you sci-fi nerds, a Hyperion series just got greenlit

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bradley-cooper-graham-king-todd-801537

Unfortunately it's SyFy doing it :negative:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

finally saw fury road

pretty much amazing

:mediocre:

though i did find it a little disturbing hearing the kiwi accent all over the place, i realise yanks usually can't tell aus and kiwi apart but gently caress me to my refined ears it took me right out of the movie

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

finally saw fury road

pretty much amazing

:mediocre:

though i did find it a little disturbing hearing the kiwi accent all over the place, i realise yanks usually can't tell aus and kiwi apart but gently caress me to my refined ears it took me right out of the movie

Maybe accents sound different since you're upside down.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You guys even bother with eggs in your skillet? Guess if it is seasoned enough?

Cook bacon in your skillet first, then cook the eggs in the grease.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just bought what's likely my last ever home. It's gorgeous and I have a half loving acre landscaped backyard in a city where zero lot line home lots without a house sell for $135,000. It's good to own land.

:smug:

I'm now $335,000 and change in debt, however, and the wife is already talking renovations.

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkk

:negative:

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Lazy Reservist posted:

Cook bacon in your skillet first, then cook the eggs in the grease.

Head on over to the charcuterie thread in goons with spoons and make your own bacon. Shits easy as hell, been doing it for a few years.

http://i.imgur.com/VLbJoDF.jpg

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like I should just find a good butcher and build a nice rapport. If that sort of thing still exists.

Can't you just buy the leftovers from them making bacon for cheap? What's that poo poo called again? cutlets? Pretty much a wad of thick chunks of canadian bacon

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I feel like I should just find a good butcher and build a nice rapport. If that sort of thing still exists.

Can't you just buy the leftovers from them making bacon for cheap? What's that poo poo called again? cutlets? Pretty much a wad of thick chunks of canadian bacon

Might just be the ends of slab bacon they cut off to square it off and make the slices look pretty. I can't remember the exact name of it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that's it. Same poo poo just cheaper and arguably better imo

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I worked for one in high school, was pretty awesome. He eventually retired and died and his apprentice opened a shop way in the sticks. :(

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

They're loving everywhere in south florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
My grandpa used to be a butcher until he got too old to do it :unsmith:

• Locked thread