Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

people doing dirt on that island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how they never really have anything for Robin to do in these episodes.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
She's like the Mirouku of One Piece: her power is so overpowered they have to contrive reasons she can never use it outside her intro arc.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also like how that's just Buggy's goddamn nose.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Argus Zant posted:

i am just going to say it

Sword Art Online is the Twilight of anime
SAO wishes it were as good as Twilight

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Cardboard Box A posted:

That last movie was super loving weird.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So what dumb KLK based jokes do we go to now? Hell in a cell?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Wasn't the grandpa giving the school a laundry list of hypochondriac exotic diseases for why she was never in class?
IIRC the portal seems to be linked to a point in the past relative to the present time, which means that as she spent time in feudal Japan, time passed in modern Japan. If someone used it in 2700 or whatever, they'd show up now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cardboard Box A posted:

All the scenes with the "guest stars" of these movies were pretty awesome, in a camp kind of way. Like that one Elder Vampire who knew exactly what kind of movie he was in and chewed all the scenery. And of course, anything with noted coldblood-killer, Dakota Fanning.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm relieved that no one really ripped into SAO this week. I mean, it took a beating, but knowing the episode I was expecting to see it had been murdered by Death Gun IRL.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I'm relieved that no one really ripped into SAO this week. I mean, it took a beating, but knowing the episode I was expecting to see it had been murdered by Death Gun IRL.

I think it was a case where everything about it was just so viscerally lovely that no one could manage much more than what happened.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

To be honest I'm mostly storing up my rage at SAO II until we hit the episode where they reveal the true identity of Death Gun, because the finale of this arc is SO INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

NowonSA posted:

I'm still laughing at death gun riding a metal pony

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

To be honest I'm mostly storing up my rage at SAO II until we hit the episode where they reveal the true identity of Death Gun, because the finale of this arc is SO INCREDIBLY STUPID.

It's actually so stupid that it warps around to being awesome.

Show still sucks though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

That's what you get for watching SAO on your own time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I only know one twist and I'm not entirely sure of it, but holy poo poo it's a doozy and I can't wait to see how they pull it off.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
the only twist to SAO is that, every single week, it somehow manages to get worse

maybe it gets considerably worse, maybe by only a microscopic amount, but it does get worse, no matter how inconceivable that might be in light of how stupid it's already gotten

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Well that... was a China IL episode.

(Next week should be GOOD)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 8, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who wants to try to finish GTO this weekend?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Beef Waifu posted:

I'd be down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Great Teacher Onizuka.

G T O!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

Let's do this poo poo.

NowonSA posted:

I'll be happy to bash it much harder in the future.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to be moving on the 20th and probably won't have access to my PC for like two weeks or so and would rather try and burn through it all this weekend so on Friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday we'll try burn through like 7 or 8 episodes a night. I'll let everyone know ahead of time when I'll be streaming it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
GTO Weekend sounds like a plan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It seems like Adult Swim has swapped Bob's Burgers and Cleveland on weekdays. I hope this is the first step in getting that godforsaken unsalted cracker of a show off the network.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As of the 20th, here is the new schedule!

12 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Kill la Kill
1 - Michiko & Hatchin
1:30 - SAO II
2 - Naruto
2:30 - One Piece
3 - AOT

The Dead Hour is gone, long live the Dead Half-Hour.

Also in kinda Toonami news, a 26-episode sequel series to ReBoot is coming to Canadian TV.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

As of the 20th, here is the new schedule!

12 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Kill la Kill
1 - Michiko & Hatchin
1:30 - SAO II
2 - Naruto
2:30 - One Piece
3 - AOT

The Dead Hour is gone, long live the Dead Half-Hour.

Also in kinda Toonami news, a 26-episode sequel series to ReBoot is coming to Canadian TV.

Weird that they aren't bringing it to Toonami, you'd think it'd play great for 90's nostalgia.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Is it wrong if I wish that SAO and Kill la Kill still shared the same hour, even if it meant Michiko got pushed back 30 minutes? I can't take that emotion whiplash.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RIP Power Hour

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

JT Jag posted:

Is it wrong if I wish that SAO and Kill la Kill still shared the same hour, even if it meant Michiko got pushed back 30 minutes? I can't take that emotion whiplash.

No, it's like splitting up two lovely comedians in a block. Sure, it's not an hour of straight poo poo anymore, but that poor guy in the middle is hosed.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I am really looking forward to M&H so this rules

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Ah good, I heard that might be a thing and I'm so glad it is. ReBoot completely owned, I dug the story and the animation quality for the time was amazing, particularly as a series format and not a movie. I have to imagine it'll air on CN proper or Adult Swim at some point, with CN being the more likely scenario unless they make it grittier or more violent. I hope it's as good as the original, though focusing on four separate Guardians seems risky to me. Maybe it's just that I'm afraid of it going into a cliche "team of teen heroes" territory. I also really hope that they have some clever tie-ins to the original series, maybe they stumble across the original system on the net and have to save it, or they have to deal with an outdated network and track down Bob to help them with it.

So yeah, I really like Reboot since I grew up in the 90's. If nothing else, they have a LOT more material to parody, acknowledge or otherwise utilize in the story with the rise of the internet in general, social media, portable technology and gaming. I can't wait to see the Reboot version of call of duty, for instance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really wouldn't get your hopes up there. A: Mainframe/Rainmaker has been really bad about announcing Reboot being back before and B: this doesn't sound anything like Reboot at all.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

goddamn, but that sounds like it's gonna suck

mostly because

muscles like this? posted:

B: this doesn't sound anything like Reboot at all.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

oh boy it's going to focus on four teens. Everything I've heard about this show really makes it seem like it's going to suck.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Monaghan posted:

oh boy it's going to focus on four teens. Everything I've heard about this show really makes it seem like it's going to suck.

Wait, Code Lyoko was Miguzi, not Toonami! I've been lied to!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does anybody know whatever happened with that fan remake comic thing that Reboot had years ago?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't wait for the China finale.

gently caress THIS, I'M DYING!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hey so, how does Toonami choose its shows again? Anyone in particular they don't deal with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

HGH posted:

Hey so, how does Toonami choose its shows again? Anyone in particular they don't deal with?
Toonami has the cushiest relationship with Funimation, followed up by Aniplex. After them, they often have a show or two from Viz. A few companies that Adult Swim has tended to shut out are Media Blasters, the now-defunct Geneon and Sentai, though that's changing with the addition of Agame no Kill. Toonami used to have a very good relationship with Bandai Entertainment during Toonami 1.0, but that changed at some point, and now Bandai Entertainment is dead. These two things may have a slight correlation.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 11, 2015

• Locked thread