Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Assuming Chelsea keep Remy, Falcao is essentially replacing Drogba.

It could be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

Dudley posted:

Assuming Chelsea keep Remy, Falcao is essentially replacing Drogba.

It could be worse.

Yeah, you could field a literal burning box of cash and hope the ball bounces off it into the goal?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Falcao will go to Chelsea, stay uninjured for a whole season, bagging in goals and end up top goalscorer in the league.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Costa, Remy and Falcao.

The most injuredest strike force in history.

still will score more than Liverpool's strikers

I too think the champions' strike force will score more than the strikers of the team that finished sixth.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I think Falcao will be great at his next club and I hope its not Chelsea

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

btw this is a few pages old but no one will be wanting ron vlaar, he's been loving trash since his latest injury and just looks massively off the pace at this point. Was our worst defender in the second half of the season. I'm hoping that Villa don't resign him and go with Clark and Okore going forward.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lol if Falco goes to Chelsea of course he'll bag 20 next season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wouldn't piss on Falcao if he was on fire and trying to sign a Swansea contract.

Mourinho is bigging him up cause his agent asked him to.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
What was Falcao's injury? Was it an ACL and PCL tear?

In the NFL, the seems like a common injury now and it usually takes a season of rehabilitation before the player returns to their peak form.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
David Gold has written on the official site that West Ham "haven't given up" on signing Alex Song permanently. I wish they had. He was absolute gash after Christmas. Can only hope that Gold running his mouth will cause other clubs to bid.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

David Gold has written on the official site that West Ham "haven't given up" on signing Alex Song permanently. I wish they had. He was absolute gash after Christmas. Can only hope that Gold running his mouth will cause other clubs to bid.

Honestly I think he'd pick up again in form if there was another single player in the midfield with the same technical ability as he has. Noble runs hard but can't really dribble, Kouyate is big and powerful and athletic but not really a 'cultured' midfielder, Song seemed to crack the shits about being the only player who could beat a man and so tried to do it every time instead of being useful instead

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

He was absolute gash after Christmas. Can only hope that Gold running his mouth will cause other clubs to bid.

That's the real Alex Song. For every brilliant match he has he switches off for the next four when he can't be bothered to show up.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Honestly I think he'd pick up again in form if there was another single player in the midfield with the same technical ability as he has. Noble runs hard but can't really dribble, Kouyate is big and powerful and athletic but not really a 'cultured' midfielder, Song seemed to crack the shits about being the only player who could beat a man and so tried to do it every time instead of being useful instead

Cultured is dog whistle for white

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Blue Star Error posted:

Cultured is dog whistle for white

Tbf he isn't white either

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Well, the Telegraph are saying that barca only want 5 mil for him which is a far cry from the 10-15 they were talking about before. At that price, it's a good bit of business even if he is intermittently poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
there are :twitter rumors: that Arsenal are actually still talking to Diaby about a new deal.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

there are :twitter rumors: that Arsenal are actually still talking to Diaby about a new deal.

It's all click baiting.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Well, the Telegraph are saying that barca only want 5 mil for him which is a far cry from the 10-15 they were talking about before. At that price, it's a good bit of business even if he is intermittently poo poo

5 mil is a snip, especially if we've got players that aren't Nolan we can drop him for. Wouldn't mind some defenders though

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

5 mil is a snip, especially if we've got players that aren't Nolan we can drop him for. Wouldn't mind some defenders though

I don't think we need any more centre backs as we've now got Reid, Collins (who is actually not poo poo when a good defensive midfielder is playing), Tomkins, Henry, Burke and maybe even Oxford. Hendrie seems like a decent understudy to Cresswell. We do really need a right-back, though. We may get Jenkinson again but it's no guarantee.

Getting a new manager during transfer season is really funny. We're being linked to almost the entire ligue 1

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Andio posted:

In the NFL, the seems like a common injury now and it usually takes a season of rehabilitation before the player returns to their peak form.

What else happens in the NFL

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

We may get Jenkinson again but it's no guarantee.

I hope he goes back on loan to y'all.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lmao

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

blue footed boobie posted:

Like a new signing...

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Antares posted:

What else happens in the NFL

Domestic violence.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

I hope he goes back on loan to y'all.

Clever thing for Wenger to do would be to loan Jenkinson to us for another year and then go in for Cresswell at the end of that if he manages to prove he's not a one season wonder. Get a full-back partnership that's worked together for 2 years while only having to buy one.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jenkinson will never be good enough to replace Bellerin.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jenkinson can actually defend a bit.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

Jenkinson will never be good enough to replace Bellerin.

He won't, but Jenkinson seems to have potential so there shouldn't be any rush to move him on.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Jenkinson can actually defend a bit.

So can bellerin

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

jenko is cool and bellerin is cool and itd be cool if both of them play for arsenal sometimes

but also i would like nacho monreal launched into the sun please

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ciprian Maricon posted:

jenko is cool and bellerin is cool and itd be cool if both of them play for arsenal sometimes

but also i would like nacho monreal launched into the sun please

why he had a good season.

Take him over Gibbs still, easily

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

guys what about having depth at each position instead launching everyone who isn't your favorite into the sun

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I like Jenkinson but he should play regularly somewhere. There's no place for him at Arsenal with Bellerin and Debuchy there.

Monreal had a stellar season after he stopped playing central back so you have to be pretty stupid for wanting to get rid of himz

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ibrahimovic is cool as hell

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

I like Jenkinson but he should play regularly somewhere. There's no place for him at Arsenal with Bellerin and Debuchy there.

He could play regularly on loan next year, and Debuchy will be 31 next summer. It really seems like the perfect solution to loan out Jenkinson for a year and then see where we are.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tbp posted:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Monreal had a solid season but when he reverts to his form and is just immensely poo poo next season you'll all see why I hate him so much.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Monreal had a solid season but when he reverts to his form and is just immensely poo poo next season you'll all see why I hate him so much.

well if this is the case we might as well fire the entire Arsenal squad into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Andio posted:

Yep it was

BTW AC Milan is going to be a powerhouse again. Greatest Team in Europe is coming back bitches!

• Locked thread