Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Force of Savagery's time to shine :c00lbert:

Yes I know there's no actual way to keep it at 0 toughness on the board and thereby redirect all the damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
ISD drat time!!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

The first Battle for Zendikar spoiler is out.

It looks pretty strong. Junk will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the next standard.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

suicidesteve posted:

The first Battle for Zendikar spoiler is out.

It looks pretty strong. Junk will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the next standard.

BRB building Manaless Dredge

VV Dammit

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 11, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'm going to corner the market on entomb

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

morning wood posted:

Can anyone recommend some reading on Amulet Bloom play? I read the primers on SCG and MTGSalvation but drat is that deck confusing to play. Videos would be a bonus.

If you can, anything with Sam Black and his friend from the Pro Tour back in February would be good as the main decklists have not changed significantly since then (more decks are running zero Simian Spirit Guides and around 28 lands now). Watching them go through games was helpful, even if I didn't know all the different lines of play they could take.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

morning wood posted:

Can anyone recommend some reading on Amulet Bloom play? I read the primers on SCG and MTGSalvation but drat is that deck confusing to play. Videos would be a bonus.

Draw Summer Bloom. Don't not draw Summer Bloom. Draw Amulet. Then, count to six. Always stack the land trigger first and Amulet triggers only after all land triggers are on the stack. Use a bounce land to pick up Tolaria West for finding pacts. Transmute only as a sorcery. Hive Mind -> the copies resolve first.

That's about it?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

morning wood posted:

watch the coverage of the invitational and make the plays Matthias Hunt says to make (basically exactly the opposite of the plays CVM makes)

End of Life Guy posted:

Draw Summer Bloom. Don't not draw Summer Bloom. Draw Amulet. Then, count to six. Always stack the land trigger first and Amulet triggers only after all land triggers are on the stack. Use a bounce land to pick up Tolaria West for finding pacts. Transmute only as a sorcery. Hive Mind -> the copies resolve first.

That's about it?

lol

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

morning wood posted:

Be extremely lucky. Don't be like me and goldfish 50+ games without ever having an Amulet in your opener.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Didn't Sam Pardee do some amulet videos of CFB in the last 2 months?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Didn't Sam Pardee do some amulet videos of CFB in the last 2 months?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sam+pardee+amulet+bloom

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Not that it matters, but reading the fluff article, I think there's pretty good odds Kaladesh is Steamflogger Boss's world.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This is going to be just awful.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Onmi posted:

Better than Fallen Empires. Also that Fruity Pebbles article linked to a previous article that guy did that was a bunch of fan-submitted decks and there was a Battle of Wits//Slivers deck for modern, it's 254 cards and the biggest mess and I love it :syoon:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm wondering. Would it be a fun thing to get cards you've traded for in a top loader shoved between the pages of a cheap paperback book?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

kizudarake posted:

I'm wondering. Would it be a fun thing to get cards you've traded for in a top loader shoved between the pages of a cheap paperback book?
Yeah, sounds like it'd protect it okay. Plus, free reading material, or at worst, toilet paper.

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2

kizudarake posted:

Is the paperback a copy of The Brother's War? Because if so, I will trade with you.

In all seriousness, I think it's a so so idea, but I wouldn't pay the extra shipping to do it myself.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Rukawa posted:

Is the paperback a copy of The Brother's War? Because if so, I will trade with you.

Do you need toilet paper that badly? :c00lbert:

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Do you need toilet paper that badly? :c00lbert:

I lost my copy in a move years ago.

I need magical rolling paper. :colbert:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Cactrot posted:

Still not a zany as the old card generator

Literally the first set of results I got from this thing.

MagicCardGenerator posted:

Land
~this~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: add 2 to your mana pool

Creature - Spirit (2/1, black and green)
B, T: ~this~ deals 1 damage to target Spirit for each card in an opponent's graveyard
At the beginning of each player's combat phase, you gain 1 life for each card in your hand

Converted mana cost: 4

Land
T: add U to your mana pool. Spend this mana only on creature spells.

The first seems like the sword of card they might have printed back in the really old days where lands that could tap for 2 mana were actually a thing, the second would probably be played in a control shell for the repeated life gain, and the last is what a grognard at my LGS claimed they would errata Islands to in a few years.

Not random enough :colbert:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

the Orb of Zot posted:

The first seems like the sword of card they might have printed back in the really old days where lands that could tap for 2 mana were actually a thing

I would actually legitimately be curious to see this playtested because ETBT seems like a noticeable drawback for the sorts of decks that have historically used sol lands to do broken poo poo.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

Yeah, sounds like it'd protect it okay. Plus, free reading material, or at worst, toilet paper.

Rukawa posted:

In all seriousness, I think it's a so so idea, but I wouldn't pay the extra shipping to do it myself.

Actually, I'm mostly looking for fun stuff to do if I'm sending a card priority mail with tracking. I mean, shipping for flat rate boxes is 15 cents more than flat rate envelopes, and if I can clear a paperback I've already read off my shelf without throwing it away, it seems like a neat idea.

I mean, poo poo, I feel bad even thinking of throwing away a lovely CSI novel, because it's a book.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Did the goyf actually end up selling for X-teen thousand dollars?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Did the goyf actually end up selling for X-teen thousand dollars?

Yep.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Been a while since I've checked the website, and wow, they're translating every articles in French now, impressive.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rukawa posted:

I lost my copy in a move years ago.

I have a digital copy

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Onmi posted:

What program is this? Sorry, if it's been asked a million times

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

What program is this? Sorry, if it's been asked a million times

It's Forge, a Java-based Magic sim, beyond being able to just play draft or sealed or commander and what not in the exhibition mode, there's also a quest mode which... has problems but all things do. That was the tournament currently being offered in quest mode which was a Homelands draft. I lost in round 1, I was never happier to lose a draft.

Right now this challenge duel just popped up, Challenge duels start you and the opponent with extra cards, and in at least one challenge, an entirely different deck. There's Fantasy, where you start with 15 life and can inflate it with items brought (my first quest had my life total locked at 10 due to bad decisions, I should not have to explain why that quest ended in failure) and regular, which has your life total at 20 with no extra bazzar bonuses.

If you wanted the joy of starting with a pool of cards, buying packs to face stronger opponents, playing in drafts with challenge duels, it's a fun mode.

Also it has an online mode when I'm not sure how functional it is.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Still not convinced by Fake Chandra, the creator could have just had access to the leaked article.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Yeah, I feel like the art was way too zoomed out to be an actual card, which feels like they only had access to the resolutions that the article had or smaller.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

a new LRRMTG stream got uploaded to their youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q66sm_-rbxI

I enjoy listening to TapTapConcede and watching the streams even if they aren't the best players.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Oh god why do I always read the comments!?!?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Oh god why do I always read the comments!?!?

How many IQ top 8 pins do you think immortal 85, an almost 30 y.o., proudly displays on their playmat?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

How many IQ top 8 pins do you think immortal 85, an almost 30 y.o., proudly displays on their playmat?

What's wrong with being almost 30? :colbert:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

Why would someone put holes in their playmat?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Why would someone put holes in their playmat?

Probably because they are those ugly SCG playmats.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Hey...Hey, Delver of Squeakrets is AWESOME.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Madmarker posted:

Hey...Hey, Delver of Squeakrets is AWESOME.

As is Tasipurr but those aren't the prize one for IQ's.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mcmagic posted:

This makes sense for all the non-kawaii animal ones.

suicidesteve posted:

What's wrong with being almost 30? :colbert:

Nothing, idk what else 85 could mean. E: could mean the number of foil Goyfs that guy has which explains the attachment to the integrity to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

i do a big lol at everyone who keeps their iq top 8 pins, throw them away dudes no one is impressed

• Locked thread