Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The sentiment of Gamergate has existed for a while, and will probably remain after the name is gone, but it was only last year that they tried to lobby together under one name as both an organized movement and an anonymous collective, they couldn't decide which. They're pretty much a fartcloud of what they were a few months ago at this point as a movement, though.

That said, please do not submit a Gamergate doc to The F Plus, it would be an awful, infuriating episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I mean I'm sure (given the fact that the only people on either side who still care are generally broken and shouting into echo chambers) some dumb stuff could be dredged up, but that particular subject doesn't strike me as f+ material. Leaving aside the fact that any doc made by anyone close to the issue would probably be severely unfunny.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The sentiment of Gamergate has existed for a while, and will probably remain after the name is gone,

Well yeah, nerds have been terrified of women since forever.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I wanna touch the poop and laugh at those guys so bad on their own board, but I'm gonna show restraint this one time.

But, how broken do you gotta be to see the F-Plus and try to crusade against them?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

pulp rag posted:

I wanna touch the poop and laugh at those guys so bad on their own board, but I'm gonna show restraint this one time.

But, how broken do you gotta be to see the F-Plus and try to crusade against them?

THEY MIGHT SAY INNACURATE THINGS ABOUT US :ohdear: WHAT IF THEY MAKE FUN OF US IN THE WRONG WAY :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And if they had done any research, they'd have known that the F Plus are pretty much the exact people who'd be anti.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I feel like a Gamergate episode would require a lot of exposition, plus there's too much MRA overlap. It's the same reason I haven't tried to put together a Bitcoin document.

I very well could be wrong, though.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I think I remember somewhere in the Ballpit that Lemon called Gamergate something along the lines of the worst argument ever to grace internet forums so I doubt they'd bother to do an episode on it.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I don't think any explanation more than "GamerGate is an Internet Crusade" would be necessary, the rape-joke waifu and comparisons of RPS to Stalinist Russia would standfall down on their own merits. The problem is finding some theme other than GamerGate itself, because it is completely incoherent. "A sampler platter of many previous episodes, but also intense hatred toward a small number of very specific women plus ~SJWs~" is not the connective tissue one would need.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Gamergate isn't funny on its own, which is why Hellthread loving sucks now.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Actually it's about ethics in ridiculism.

Djeser posted:

Gamergate isn't funny on its own, which is why Hellthread loving sucks now.
That and literally every poster in it is terrible, judging by the regular leakage every time someone says "hellthread".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm wondering if there's enough material from last year's Dashcon debacle for a doc.

For context: Dashcon was an unofficial Tumblr convention held last year which was a loving trainwreck. Highlights include Night Vale skipping out on a panel after not receiving payment, a tiny ballpit (not ballp.it) which was urinated in, and the con staff shaking down more money from their guests by claiming the hotel was kicking them out, causing a mini protest.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The Dashcon thing really works through pictures and the like. Like you said, it'd be tough to just do a Dashcon thing without going into general Tumblr and poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dashcon is too small to be verbal only, you really only have their dumb rules, their plea for money, and the few first hand accounts of how stupid it was to actually read, you'd have to do a general failed cons doc, I think.

OH MY GOD PLEASE DO A GENERAL FAILED CONS DOC.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It doesn't even have to be failed cons specifically. All conventions are full of the dumbest poo poo, no matter how good they are.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That is true.

Con doc, con doc, con doc!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That is true.

Con doc, con doc, con doc!

If you want it so bad, then you better get your blog rummaging hat on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea that's the double edged sword here, to make it happen someone has to, ya know, read a bunch of con blogs...

Nevermind I'll find another bug loving or baby fetish thing...

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Honestly, the stories that are going to fall out of Camp Imgur are what I'm waiting for.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Fanzay posted:

Honestly, the stories that are going to fall out of Camp Imgur are what I'm waiting for.

There are so many ways that thing could be a train wreck that I don't even know where to begin. Maybe we need bingo cards.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Therion posted:

This makes you think about how many of the F Plus subjects listened to the episodes about them (outside of obvious attention whores like bronies and Tumblrites). Does Big Daddy Rhino know of the F List episode? Apparently Dozerfleet has added one of the readers to a list of some kind.

When City of Heroes was shutting down, Jo Kitty contacted me to say they found and liked the episode they were in.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Mimetic posted:

There are so many ways that thing could be a train wreck that I don't even know where to begin. Maybe we need bingo cards.

:agreed:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I had no idea Gamergate was about Benghazi.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I can't be assed to look it up but didn't one of the the F-plus peeps say they'd never do a GG episode or something after I asked about it in this thread?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tracula posted:

I can't be assed to look it up but didn't one of the the F-plus peeps say they'd never do a GG episode or something after I asked about it in this thread?
And rightly loving so.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
The Offbeat Bride now has advice for people who are afraid of being ridiculed for their stupid weddings.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

steinrokkan posted:

I had no idea Gamergate was about Benghazi.

when you think about it, they're about the same thing really

makes u think

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

quote:

The F plus has said they won't do any more MRA episodes.

Okay which one of you did this? Cause it's a pretty good post.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So persecuted

Also there's nothing wrong with 2 and 3 you loving little sensitive herbs.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

Also there's nothing wrong with 2 and 3 you loving little sensitive herbs.

For more traditional tastes, the bride with pink hair and visible tattoos and the groom with no jacket and earrings in would be super tacky.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Actually I don't think that's a groom in the traditional sense.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Yeah, it's hard to tell for sure, but I think #3 is a lady.

Also, I have to say, some of those people fall below even the bar of '42 bumper stickers and a YOLO license plate'.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 9, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Why would anyone even suggest that someone dress up like Helena Bonham Carter?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

RyokoTK posted:

Why would anyone even suggest that someone dress up like Helena Bonham Carter?

Because you're married to Helena Bonham Carter.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Djeser posted:

Because you're married to Helena Bonham Carter.

Well who's she married to - oh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gimnbo posted:

Well who's she married to - oh.

Not anymore, actually. They split up at the end of last year.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
New Lou Reads is up, and it looks like a revisit to UK Punting for prostitute reviews!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I will say I was really disappointed that my favorite review from Punternet about the disappointing S&M experience (the dominatrix obviously hadn't drank enough water for serious piss humiliation) was removed. I really wanted to revisit it for a live version of the show.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Yeesh, this new one might be even more sordid than the Punternet episode. Fantastic job as usual, Lou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DemonTrigger posted:

The end of an era, apparently

Does Boots know? Is he okay?