Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Never used the Clios but aren't they what those PC people drive? I'd rather not be associated with those people and their multi-monitor setups that make me weep a little inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

LiquidRain posted:

How about we try this:

Put your name down here if you play on PC and you are INTERESTED in playing in one of the time slots. This is to gauge how many folks we can get for what time slots - it's not an attendance sign-up sheet!

Basticle I'm assuming you'll head up the American times there? Can you put that in?

I'm figuring I'll start hosting the Asia-compatible slots not this week, but next week, the weekend of the 20th. We can run the same theme that Basticle sets (e.g. Clio Cup) throughout all the time slots. I'll run the time slots in Asia for 4 weeks as best I can to get a good gauge on attendance for the two times.
Quote for new page, PC/Steam players put your names in!

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog

Poison Jam posted:

gently caress you, I wanted that wheel! Have I got you on my friends list? Before I do a google doc (unless some kind soul wants to do that so the guy in massive withdrawals doesn't have to do anything) I wanna find out what cars to use. Formula Gulfs are a blast, M1 Procar is sex on wheels and I like GT3s. The only objection I have is to superkarts, gently caress those things I hate them.

Is there any news on if they'll improve replays with the first patch? I really want to see my battle with dirty frog at Spa last night from his perspective just so I can try to figure out why it was such a surprise for him when I went passed. loving great racing though :D

It was a surprise cos we were haring along the straight at a gazillion miles per hour and you gave me a love tap up the arse. Didn't even loving buy me dinner first.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
That was a gently caress up on my part and I really do apologise. I'd much rather lose a race clean than win like a oval office. The surprise part was in sector 2 (watched the replay) where we didn't touch and I thought you'd go around the outside making me look like a chump.

I did just have a weird bug in career. Was doing the M1 Procar championship and after practice at Bathurst I quit out and showed my mate a replay of last night's race around Spa, then when I went back to qualifying, it loaded Spa and wouldn't let me out of the pits. It was a tad confusing to say the least and I seriously can't wait for this patch because I love tinkering with setups and there's just no point right now :(.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm gonna sit on PCARS until the patch hits. I played a bit last night, and the frame tearing got distracting. Plus I have other poo poo to do (like play Witcher 3)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm gonna sit on PCARS until the patch hits. I played a bit last night, and the frame tearing got distracting. Plus I have other poo poo to do (like play Witcher 3)

afraid i'm not playing much anymore in its current state either. witcher 3 + forza horizon 2 Porsche dlc being so fun however if i see posts or announcements for goon races i will still hop on

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just do quick race weekends every other day or so. It's a perfect way to play the game, get to choose whatever car suits my mood, a track, and pretend I'm a real live racer.

I do leave the dynamic weather off though, there's no point to it if the AI doesn't lose grip in the wet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

afraid i'm not playing much anymore in its current state either. witcher 3 + forza horizon 2 Porsche dlc being so fun however if i see posts or announcements for goon races i will still hop on

Oh right the Porsche DLC came out. PCARS is still cool and good. I'll be playing it for the next 2 years because I highly doubt Forza 6 will offer such a race-based focus.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oh right the Porsche DLC came out. PCARS is still cool and good. I'll be playing it for the next 2 years because I highly doubt Forza 6 will offer such a race-based focus.

rant: Yeah, there's no way it will offer a sim racing focus like pcars with qualifying, flag rules, and poo poo. I don't even know how I would feel if it did add that stuff, I like forza's traditional pick up arcade game nature. sometimes I don't feel like guessing which tires or how much fuel is appropriate. I can't pick and choose sides on racing games like everybody else. i have to buy them all and play them all for what they are...in this case the two games are quite different from each other and i wouldn't want to be without either one. forza 5's lovely microtransaction launch was a legitimate lovely thing but it was since patched out. some really good tracks came out for free and our goon races are still fun as heck. With 450 licensed cars in forza 6 and FH2 being such a redeeming game for turn10, im p much already sold on it. of course the bone's reputation and price of entry is so high that most goons shy away and especially nitpick forza now that they don't own/like xbox. it's too bad really

Pcars is just dragging along with the patches right now, however I highly recommend it to all racing fans still.. i already have about 100 hours in it, mostly in goon races which are the real meat of this game for me.

I also bought the car pack once I saw the F1 GTR. can't live without an F1 GTR. I think we should race tonight with our new cars

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya I just buy every racing game. Racing games are what got me into video games when I was a kid. Forza has a time and a place and so does PCARS. gently caress, I still play Driveclub and will get F1 2015 when it comes out. Theyre all good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope F1 2015 is good...

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Poison Jam posted:

Are PS4 goons interested in having our own, better, race series? I have no problem creating the lobby and hosting if there's going to be a decent number of people regularly and myself and Az always seem to be playing at unsociable hours for us which would be about 8pm ET onwards.

Trans-am sprint series? Superkart lunacy laps? Down for anything

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Norns posted:

I hope F1 2015 is good...

This is currently my biggest hope in videogames, mostly since P-Cars has gotten me into driving that kind of car more and I haven't played an F1 game since F1 2011. Codemasters are somewhat on a roll right now though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

ethanol posted:

I don't have an Xbone, but drive the 944 for me and take lots of pictures???

e: Wait, it's just a copy-paste of the Forza 4 DLC again? Wheres my 924, 928 S4 and 944 Lux and S2?

I just got mine back from the wheel refurb folks.

Falken fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 10, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Falken posted:

I don't have an Xbone, but drive the 944 for me and take lots of pictures???

e: Wait, it's just a copy-paste of the Forza 4 DLC again? Wheres my 924, 928 S4 and 944 Lux and S2?

I just got mine back from the wheel refurb folks.

way ahead of you

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Current Votes:

2 catherham
3 M1
4 Atom
4 Group A

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Crosspost from the PC sim thread:

Two new wheels from logitech are official now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-11-logitech-confirms-a-new-wheel-for-ps4-and-reveals-a-new-xbox-one-contender-too

I just want a belt wheel that works on PC PS4 and Xbone. Sigh.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh boy the PCARS forum is not happy about SMS being unable to give a release date for the patch. I feel bad for those dudes having to field questions from the idiots in their user base.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I just want a ffb wheel that works on ps4 and pc and doesn't cost 400 bucks, Wtf.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oh boy the PCARS forum is not happy about SMS being unable to give a release date for the patch. I feel bad for those dudes having to field questions from the idiots in their user base.

I read a dev say on their forums they are waiting for ps4/xbone certification. which means all this time the pc user suffers for the console plebs.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

ethanol posted:

I read a dev say on their forums they are waiting for ps4/xbone certification. which means all this time the pc user suffers for the console plebs.

Which is why im not happy.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

They cant win. If they release pc patches as they're done then the console players (which seems like a sizeable part of the playerbase) gets pissed off, or worse, completely disenfranchised and 6 months after release nearly no one plays the console versions online which is exactly what happened with Payday 2 which had like 25 or 30 updates on pc the first year but ps3 had 2 or 3 and lol 360 had one.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the witcher 3 devs have absolutely no problem patching the pc version ahead of the consoles and that game is blessed by all

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's a bullshit excuse.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Fingers McGee posted:

I just want a ffb wheel that works on ps4 and pc and doesn't cost 400 bucks, Wtf.

Same. The G27 looks great, but poo poo, that's $200 even for a refurb. My old MS wheel is fine for now, but it's not going to last forever.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Basticle posted:

They cant win. If they release pc patches as they're done then the console players (which seems like a sizeable part of the playerbase) gets pissed off, or worse, completely disenfranchised and 6 months after release nearly no one plays the console versions online which is exactly what happened with Payday 2 which had like 25 or 30 updates on pc the first year but ps3 had 2 or 3 and lol 360 had one.

How hard is it to say "gently caress off you morons, we submit the patches to Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN at the same time. It's not our fault that the consoles have additional delays, complain to the console makers. You chose the restrictive platform so deal with the consequences."

edit: Also Payday is a terrible example because first-person shooters are objectively better with a keyboard/mouse so the console versions will always be worse to play, where most people playing driving games no matter what the platform will be using gamepads so other than detail/framerate the experience will be similar across the board. There's also the fact that like Valve experienced with TF2 the consoles just aren't set up for games to do rapid hotfix type updates every few days/weeks like Payday does on PC. Without that there's no way to keep parity.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 11, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Because if they did that, the patch would be on steam already.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

wolrah posted:

How hard is it to say "gently caress off you morons, we submit the patches to Steam, Xbox Live, and PSN at the same time. It's not our fault that the consoles have additional delays, complain to the console makers. You chose the restrictive platform so deal with the consequences."

I've worked with a company that did both PC and console games. The problem with bad-mouthing a console's slow certification process is that it sometimes leads to the process being conveniently "delayed".

Now I work with a company that works with the state government and everytime we bug them to process something faster, it takes longer.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i just want the loving fixes already god drat

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:siren: Update is out, 531 mb steam download :siren:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wow see? Now I can buy the DLC and hook my wheel back up.

I was really close to getting Dirt Rally. Glad I held off.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

ethanol posted:

lmao good timing

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ethanol posted:

... wait a tick. Why is the newest DLC now $3.49?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

wolrah posted:

Have you read the WMD forums? Dudes get seriously pissed any time Ian Bell makes a semi-witty joke. They're on everyone's case who posts from SMS for any sign of disrespect towards the consumer. WMD is an awful forum for how antagonizing people are to SMS when they're extremely clear on what they can and cannot talk about.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I've been following this game for a while and am thinking about pulling the trigger during the Steam sale. How big is the disparity between NVidia and their respective ATI/AMD counterparts? I have an HD6870 so I'm not expecting blazing performance, but I'm at least hoping for a playable experience :v:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Spaced God posted:

I've been following this game for a while and am thinking about pulling the trigger during the Steam sale. How big is the disparity between NVidia and their respective ATI/AMD counterparts? I have an HD6870 so I'm not expecting blazing performance, but I'm at least hoping for a playable experience :v:

the biggest amd losses seem to be in the higher end newer gpus. I wouldn't worry about it. I have a 7950

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spaced God posted:

I'm running a 6870 and it's fine. I don't think I've even bothered to look at the video settings, maybe I should do that.

But no framerate issues on default settings at least.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

widespread posted:

... wait a tick. Why is the newest DLC now $3.49?

STEAM SUMMER SALE BITCHES~!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'll be hosting a p car roulette lobby around 8:30 est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Basticle posted:

I'll be hosting a p car roulette lobby around 8:30 est

I will try to be there