Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Why is Tevez leaving? I figured he'd stay the extra season. It's he unhappy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He's heading off to Qatar, closer to Argentina.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Apparently Taarabt is coming to Benfica. Not too pleased.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

Cultured is dog whistle for white

Which is weird because white people have no culture

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't wait for Andy Carroll to retire and Newcastle to never be linked with him again

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Jose posted:

I can't wait for Andy Carroll to retire and Newcastle to never be linked with him again

Then you'll be linked with him becoming your new manager

pdog
May 7, 2013
Apparently Villa are in for Big Micah Richards

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Seltzer posted:

Apparently Taarabt is coming to Benfica. Not too pleased.

I don't remember what the state of the current managerial circus in Portugal is, but I think he could do well. He needs motivation is all, and if the manager can provide that, then Benfica being in several trophy fights as usual will do the rest.

He was solid for Milan, I would've loved to keep him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taarabt is good in poo poo leagues so he'll probably do really well for Benfica

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't remember what the state of the current managerial circus in Portugal is, but I think he could do well. He needs motivation is all, and if the manager can provide that, then Benfica being in several trophy fights as usual will do the rest.

He was solid for Milan, I would've loved to keep him.

I saw a little bit of him at Milan and heard he had a good season. I just wish we got him coming off of that instead of doing nothing at QPR except getting called fat.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's happening.

@OliverKayTimes: Breaking: Liverpool reject Manchester City's £30m offer (£25m basic, £5m add-ons) for Raheem Sterling. http://t.co/IZjMisl89Q #LFC #MCFC

@OliverKayTimes: I'm told #LFC value Sterling at £50m+. Not sure their contract offer reflects that, but that's another story ... https://t.co/YyPMRgllwP

euroboy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 11, 2015

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm sure they'll end up selling Sterling for like 35m on transfer deadline day.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
It's going to be a long summer.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Vegetable posted:

I'm sure they'll end up selling Sterling for like 35m on transfer deadline day.
Sounds good to me.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
"a Llalana and a half"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

euroboy posted:

It's happening.

@OliverKayTimes: Breaking: Liverpool reject Manchester City's £30m offer (£25m basic, £5m add-ons) for Raheem Sterling. http://t.co/IZjMisl89Q #LFC #MCFC

@OliverKayTimes: I'm told #LFC value Sterling at £50m+. Not sure their contract offer reflects that, but that's another story ... https://t.co/YyPMRgllwP

This is going to go on forever.

e: £30m seems like a fair price for Sterling.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
if sterling is worth 50 million quid how much is harry kane worth? 200?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Jose posted:

Taarabt is good in poo poo leagues so he'll probably do really well for Benfica

hes too good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I hope Liverpool do their usual thing and replace Sterling with a mediocre Spanish speaker instead of sniffing around Redmond

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
It's definitely a fair price but they probably figure hey it's City they're dumb we can probably get £15m more than this

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Liverpool selling Sterling for the same price they bought Andy Carroll would be funny.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Looks like Norwich are going to reunite the WBA dream team by signing Youssouf Mulumbu to go with Graham Dorrans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

I hope Liverpool do their usual thing and replace Sterling with a mediocre Spanish speaker instead of sniffing around Redmond

Thats what Newcastle are doing

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Jose posted:

Thats what Newcastle are doing

There is zero chance Ashley stumps up the cash we'd want for Redmond

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

There is zero chance Ashley stumps up the cash we'd want for Redmond

I've seen rumours for him and an 18 year old spanish footballer

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If we get over 35 million for Sterling I'll be ecstatic. Less so when we replace him with a literal retard.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'd say £25m is probably a fair price for Sterling, but City are a) ostensibly a rival for top 4, b) a team in desperate need of more English players, and c) sitting on a massive pile of oil money. I can see the price being pushed to at least £35m, plus addons.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ewar Woowar posted:

If we get over 35 million for Sterling I'll be ecstatic. Less so when we replace him with a literal retard.

Thought you'd be more enthusiastic about getting a chance to play for your boyhood team.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ewar Woowar posted:

Rooney won't go to liverpool

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm not a professional footballer

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
30 million for a player that won't cost anything at the end of next season when he can just buy his contract out.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

30 million for a player that won't cost anything at the end of next season when he can just buy his contract out.

City need players this coming season.

But yeah, I'm surprised you don't see me players running their contracts down.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Blue Star Error posted:

Looks like Norwich are going to reunite the WBA dream team by signing Youssouf Mulumbu to go with Graham Dorrans.

The dream team was Mulumbu and Yacob :colbert:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Kinda surprised City don't go after someone like Bentaleb, I think he would end up playing his 3rd season this year and would still count this season being under 21.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

City need players this coming season.

But yeah, I'm surprised you don't see me players running their contracts down.
I think they get forced out before that happens in most cases. If the club know a player is definitely going to wind their contract down, they'll sell them now. If the player won't go, then they won't get picked any more. Don't play for a season and it ruins your chanses at a move to a big club, and you end up on at Sunderland or whoever on smaller wages.

Although thinking now, that first scenario might be a bit dramatic, the truth probably has more to do with whether their agents like it or not. Probably results in less commission for them when the player does move, and ruins their relationship with the player's old club.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Doesn't he have two years left?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Doesn't he have two years left?
Yeah, so end of next season he'll have one left and he can just pay off the final year himself.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Yeah, so end of next season he'll have one left and he can just pay off the final year himself.

Oh hey I stopped reading the post I quoted halfway through

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The owners of City make that much money in about an hour. Money is literally irrelevant to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Thought you'd be more enthusiastic about getting a chance to play for your boyhood team.

lol

• Locked thread