Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm really just looking to get to the end of the game. So like, I don't really get the luxury of being picky.

As for challenges I think I am doing really well, I've been putting in a lot of effort. A few of my competitors haven't been giving it all of their effort, bit that certainly not true for all of them. Chic and anoni were fearsome that last challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fast Luck posted:

I've never seen Paul Blart 2, but the original was awful trash garbage.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone
Who is one person you'd like to be with at the end, and why?

I would want Dogg to be in the final three since our interactions have been cordial with all the chill madness that has set in, by the Witch Hunt for the two idols long ago. I feel that all these things have happened because of me wearing the outfit that had been sent to me long ago... I kinda wished that I ate those mushrooms though...

Fast Luck posted:

Who is one person you don't want to be with, and why?

I fear MMM being in the final three because the fears that garth, Dogg, and imgay had put in me have finally bloomed and I am left to watch the storm across the horizon with whips and reins, daring the storm to finally come.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for AnAnonymousIdiot and imgay
Would it be more accurate to say that you are driving the bus, or that you are along for the ride?

I can't tell anymore. I look out my house window and I see fish swimming around in the streets and a faint beeping in the distance. Before this tribal council a flood warning has been blared and the seas raged under the auspices of old acquaintances dissatisfied with the way things have bee. i feel like I've been woken up a 4:00am and shipped off to the trenches at Lorraine and that sticking my head out will only get me a shell in the head. If I or imgay had any plans this is going as bad as the Onin War where both sides fragment all signs of power and authority get reduced to gravel. And being submerged is just adding to the sheer tension and starkness. I feel like people have already figured out who is Tokugawa and is now content to wait things out till the end.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm really just looking to get to the end of the game. So like, I don't really get the luxury of being picky.
You may not have the luxury of being picky, but in an ideal world. There must be answers you can give here without blowing up your game.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

So, Dogg, do you disagree with this statement from Chic?
Our alliance is thoroughly wrecked, as we had all promised not to vote each other prior to that event and Dogg pretty flagrantly betrayed that.

Also, it can't be too hard to name one person you'd like to be with at the end. Wouldn't that include some of your current allies? Wouldn't naming them, in fact, reassure them and strengthen bonds? It can't be that hard a question.

I have never and did never and was never and whatever and everything else, ever sworn a single time that I would not vote for Chic. I made passing reference that I would vote for someone else, which was part of the delivery system for the Garth vote. In all honesty, I was barely consulted, and actually found it a bit upsetting that my input wasn't really considered, and they were just counting me as an extra vote. I was like Yeah, Yup, Ok, I'll do that.

If you're going to make me answer the GO TO THE END question, I would be really really interested to submit to the final jury questions against MMM. What does the Jury respect? I would be fascinated to find out. That's no dig at my other competitors in any way.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well, uh, not chic trombone I guess.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

??? I literally have chat logs of you promising not to vote me or Garth

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're so low-effort, and if your confessionals simply say fart, why and how are you still in this game?

You will understand after this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4e5K-P3i4

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also we straight-up asked if you were ok with that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well, uh, not chic trombone I guess.
Okay, and is there no one you can publicly name as a person you'd like to be with at the end? It could be a friend, it could be a goat, it could be anything. Is this a really explosive question? If you don't want to answer, I'd at least like to hear why you think it's too hot to touch.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chic Trombone posted:

??? I literally have chat logs of you promising not to vote me or Garth

I honestly don't think that is true, or at least not in a permanent context in the way you are suggesting it (possibly pre-merge) but you can't post chat logs anyways. HINT HINT

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think I know how the kagemusha in that film had felt when he made his fateful charge in Nagashino.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I mean it's not like I was gonna post chat logs in here, but all of us swore we wouldn't vote each other unless we had no other choice, like at the end of the game and someone not-us had immunity. This was in fact post-merge

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Okay, and is there no one you can publicly name as a person you'd like to be with at the end? It could be a friend, it could be a goat, it could be anything. Is this a really explosive question? If you don't want to answer, I'd at least like to hear why you think it's too hot to touch.

It's not that it's explosive. I'd like dogg pickle in the end.

I'd be fine with anoni or imgay but they both said they didn't want me in the end so

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chic Trombone posted:

I mean it's not like I was gonna post chat logs in here, but all of us swore we wouldn't vote each other unless we had no other choice, like at the end of the game and someone not-us had immunity. This was in fact post-merge

I am EXTREMELY careful with my wording when it comes to things like that, and I'm 99% sure that you are wrong, but since neither of us can prove it, just let the Garth vote speak for itself. I pinky swore to a no-vote with Garth and I kept my word, even though it meant an extremely complicated vote where every single piece of the puzzle had to go JUST RIGHT.

It doesn't mean that I have any less respect for you. I even told you what I think might happen tonight, with 10 minutes to go, at a pretty big cost to myself because you seem to revere honesty. Yet you are still mad. :(

So let's just see how this goes down, and if I'M the one on the Jury later (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me stay :lol:) I will be the least salty Jury member ever. :dance:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think you will be at the end MMM, despite these things. As much as I - and imgay - fear you I know that among us remaining that you outclass us all.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Everyone is cleared to vote. If there is any business that still needs conducting, feel free to continue posting itt.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am a person who values trust and loyalty. I get salty when my trust is betrayed, what can I say.

I'll even tell a story. Wayyy back when Garth was first planning the MMM upset vote, I SORELY wanted to tell MMM because I consider him a friend. I agonized over it for literal hours, typed and deleted a message, the whole shebang. You know why I didn't do it?

Because we loving promised not to vote each other! I thought you both had my back, so I ultimately decided against betraying your confidences. It stings to see that not everyone in that alliance shared my sentiments.

I respect you for your honesty, but that doesn't mean I'm not sore.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm also gonna go on record and say that you flipping off the thread was hella tacky. This is unrelated to why I want you out but man oh man. You're a cool person but that was really not chill

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chic Trombone posted:

I am a person who values trust and loyalty. I get salty when my trust is betrayed, what can I say.

I'll even tell a story. Wayyy back when Garth was first planning the MMM upset vote, I SORELY wanted to tell MMM because I consider him a friend. I agonized over it for literal hours, typed and deleted a message, the whole shebang. You know why I didn't do it?

Because we loving promised not to vote each other! I thought you both had my back, so I ultimately decided against betraying your confidences. It stings to see that not everyone in that alliance shared my sentiments.

I respect you for your honesty, but that doesn't mean I'm not sore.

I respect that. At the same time, you pretty much required me to lie to MMM on your behalf for a full week or so, and that was very hard to do in order to keep up appearances. I feel like it was you, that decided that MMM was not to be trusted as soon as the merge hit and Circlmstr was gone.

But I voted. I really don't think I should do that BPM thing on my phone again :lol:

Flipping off the thread? For real? I can't get one bad day? This game is 24/7 and I don't think you appreciate how much effort I put into everything that went wrong that day. It's a comedy site. Chill out. I know you are salty right now, but it's a game. No need for cursing =D

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm not saying you can't be frustrated or have a bad day, but that was still suuuuuper tacky. I had a super frustrating couple of WEEKS back earlier in the game, but you don't see me posting pics of me flippin the bird. Also you were right there with me with deciding MMM wasn't to be trusted, don't even play.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

With all everyone having submitted, I'll go tally the votes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

First vote...

DoggPickle.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote,

Chic Trombone.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Third vote...

Two votes Chic, one vote DoggPickle.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fourth vote, and the sixth member of our jury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zVntjxO0IA

That's Chic Trombone.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Farewell Chic, may the island teach you strength to care for your abuela.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Peace.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

imgay posted:

Farewell Chic, may the island teach you strength to care for your abuela.

Survivor Edit: Abuela is Spanish for Grandmother.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I know you are still mad (although as a Survivor fan I have trouble understanding exactly why) but it was nice to get to know you and you are a nice and fun person. Also I put a trombone... joke?? I tried :(

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
My BPM counter on my phone hit 118 just then. AMI GONNADIE?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry it had to be like this, hope you understand

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoggPickle posted:

My BPM counter on my phone hit 118 just then. AMI GONNADIE?

Yes, don't walk into the light

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

imgay posted:

Yes, don't walk into the light

Holy crap :lol: it tops out at 120.

Apparently I am a hummingbird.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I got a new laptop and paid for it entirely in $20 bills. It's pretty good but I need a background image.

Challenge:

I will make the next worksafe image somebody posts in this thread my background image for the next week or so.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

[img]http://images2.alphacoders.com/159/159072.jpg[/iimg]

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ty

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Actually I'll make any image posted before midnight part of a rotating selection of background images. Don't be afraid to be silly with it!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
:munch:

What midnight are we talking about? It's not midnight yet in the best part of the country.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll accept best coast submissions. Also I just want a bunch of images to cycle through so really there's no time limit here

• Locked thread