Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

It is exaggerated a bit with the backlight, it's a deeper blue unless you have studio lighting. But it is beautiful still. Price was 210 or so before my check though. I buy a lot of stuff at costco.

Yeah I just looked, it's like $300 in Canadian dollars :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Just watched Fury Road, had to go re-watch them all.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Shirt and shoes:

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I was at one of those Asian cheap general stores and I saw this exercise book which I absolutely could not pass up. The cover has a photograph of Roman landmarks, and the most incredible Engrish I have ever seen.

In case it's a little difficult to read, the small text says,

notebook posted:

Milan is people favourite flower plants
flowers bloom season aroma Xiren. As edible flowers, extractable
Flavour Milan potted can display in living room,
study and porch, fresh elegant Shu people psychosomatic.
In Southern courtyard Milan is excellent scenery tree

Simply, do not you? why complicated?
favor secular, do not enter my mind. only a glass of water,
the feeling of sitting close to nature,
you never know.

I RETURN AT HAS BEEN HASING BEEN

:catdrugs:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a Nintendo DS Lite for 15€ and I've been playing Dr. Mario on it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Forums buddy Crosshatch happened to get an extra one of these by accident, so now I have this:

Fortius Arms Keybiner.

Nice & slick way to carry keys.

Also has a ton of cool little tools incorporated.

But we all know this is the tool I will be using the most with this new doohickey.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Android Bicyclist posted:

Forums buddy Crosshatch happened to get an extra one of these by accident, so now I have this:

Fortius Arms Keybiner.

But we all know this is the tool I will be using the most with this new doohickey.

Nice wrenches that are completely useless* about 100% of the time you need a wrench.

*) Because they're not open.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Man that'll look slick next to your cell phone hip holster.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Apple Watch Sport in 38mm

Some ikea stuff for my new apartment, cobbled from friends as well as the store.

A 720p projector (screen coming soon)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

App13 posted:

A 720p projector (screen coming soon)

Why a 720p? I started with a cheap projector and finally upgraded to a 1080p projector that also has 3D. I hate that I didn't buy a good one to begin with. I don't use the 3D at all but I love having everything in 1080p.

edit: This is basically the same one that I bought but I think mine is a 3010 and I paid a little less due to a xmas sale at the time.

Trastion has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Jun 11, 2015

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Fortius Arms Keybiner.

Pretty neat, unless one of your keys goes to, I don't know, a car

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Glottis posted:

Yeah, none of those key bricks are ever designed to accommodate a car key.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Crain posted:

Yeah, none of those key bricks are ever designed to accommodate a car key.

Depends on the key brick/car.

I just ordered one of these:

The little loop on the end can be used for a larger car key.

In addition, my car is old (2003,) so it just takes a regular key, not one of those "not a key" keys that are just blocks. Doesn't even have a chip in it. I have a few spares lying around that are just bare metal, not even any plastic molding on the end, that could even fit in the "main" part of that if I want.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drat, so slick

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's one I liked too, but if you goons looked at the KeyBiner photo you'll see there's key ring holes near the screwdriver for just that purpose.

big mean giraffe posted:

Man that'll look slick next to your cell phone hip holster.
Nah, the phone goes in the cargo shorts thigh pocket. Hip real estate is taken with Glock, 2 spare magazines, Leatherman MUT (with pouch to hold all driver bits) and Surefire V2 Vampire. Because the streets of Portland, OR be rough for a playa heading to his office job where he sits on his rear end all day.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

DrBouvenstein posted:

The little loop on the end can be used for a larger car key.

In addition, my car is old (2003,) so it just takes a regular key, not one of those "not a key" keys that are just blocks. Doesn't even have a chip in it. I have a few spares lying around that are just bare metal, not even any plastic molding on the end, that could even fit in the "main" part of that if I want.

I drive a POS 2001 Civic and the key, despite lacking any kind of remote entry features, still has a pretty sizeable hunk of plastic on the end. Am I supposed to shave it down? I guess I like the idea of a key holster thingy but I don't really see the point when one of your most crucial keys has to be kept outside of it.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Glottis posted:

I drive a POS 2001 Civic and the key, despite lacking any kind of remote entry features, still has a pretty sizeable hunk of plastic on the end. Am I supposed to shave it down? I guess I like the idea of a key holster thingy but I don't really see the point when one of your most crucial keys has to be kept outside of it.

Get a copy made that doesn't have the plastic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

This looks neat. I wonder how easy it'll be to pull out the key you need. Post a review when you get it. :)

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Trastion posted:

Why a 720p? I started with a cheap projector and finally upgraded to a 1080p projector that also has 3D. I hate that I didn't buy a good one to begin with. I don't use the 3D at all but I love having everything in 1080p.

edit: This is basically the same one that I bought but I think mine is a 3010 and I paid a little less due to a xmas sale at the time.

Two reasons!

1. Most of my source material is in 720p
2. It was $400.

I put the money I saved on the projector towards a screen and a better sound system, since those have a bit more longevity. When I out grow the 720p I plan to move up to a 4k or a better quality 1080p, depending on where the market is in 3-4 years.

Also I sit about 10ft from a 90" screen. Not sure I would get the benefits of 1080p at that distance.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

TheMadMilkman posted:

Get a copy made that doesn't have the plastic.

much of the time (especially with cars less than 10 years old) there is a transponder chip in that "plastic" that is required to be there for the car to start

alternatively you can be like many people and have separate key rings with keys for different stuff

i dont need my shed keys, gym lock key, or some other non-daily keys with me at all times, they can stay at home in a drawer or on a key hook and ill just take the 2-3 keys+car key that i actually use on a daily basis

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Glottis posted:

Dont most cars made in the last 10ish years have remote doors and push button start? With the key part slid in and it never comes out like this

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Supreme Allah posted:

Dont most cars made in the last 10ish years have remote doors and push button start? With the key part slid in and it never comes out like this

You think that *most* cars made in the last decade have push button start? Certainly not in the US. I still don't think it's a standard option on most cars.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have push button start on the new car I bought 2 months ago, but it's an upgraded model that cost a couple grand more than the base model, which does not have push button start.

It's a pretty amazing feature. Between that, being able to lock my car by pushing a button on the door handle on the outside of the driver's door and having a remote for my garage door at home, I almost never have to take my keys out of my pocket during the day anymore. It's something I never really thought I needed before I got this car, but now that I have it, it's definitely useful and nice to have.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Get a smart lock and then you don't need a house key either!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Glottis posted:

You think that *most* cars made in the last decade have push button start? Certainly not in the US. I still don't think it's a standard option on most cars.

I figure a bunch of them would. My car is 7 years old and has it, my buddy's Camry has it, my other buddys Maxima has it. These seem to be pretty common cars, not exactly Teslas.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Supreme Allah posted:

My 2006 doesn't have doors let alone a push button start. I drive a Jeep Wrangler

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
In the last couple years, it's become pretty much ubiquitous. Before that it was an upper-trim-levels only thing. Before about 5-8 years ago it was a luxury car thing, and before like 2000 it barely existed.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

App13 posted:

Also I sit about 10ft from a 90" screen. Not sure I would get the benefits of 1080p at that distance.

Uh you can benefit MASSIVELY from 1080p. Even with a screen almost half that size at that distance. With a 90" screen at 10 feet 4k would even make a difference.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

big mean giraffe posted:

Uh you can benefit MASSIVELY from 1080p. Even with a screen almost half that size at that distance. With a 90" screen at 10 feet 4k would even make a difference.

from someone working in Digital Signage I can confirm that the closer you are to a large format display (or projector) the more it benefits. Remember the closer you are the more you can see pixels, if you were 20ft away it would actually look better at 720p than 10ft away.

Kinda disappointed we are installing a 25ft touch screen display array that is only 4k. Pixels are huge.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

And another kayak. 10 foot this time. Really looking forward to taking it out tomorrow.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I honestly don't think I could ever own another vehicle unless it had the passive unlock/push button start my Journey has. My car FOB never leaves my pocket, and I never have to push a button to open the car, just touch the door handle and it unlocks.

Got my wife a Sony Experia Z2 32gb tablet with some Air Miles. This thing is crazy thin, light, and waterproof.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

App13 posted:

Some ikea stuff for my new apartment, cobbled from friends as well as the store.

Ikea gets (more or less rightfully) poo poo on all the time, but I have like 3 poäng chairs and they are so comfortable, I would replace every seating surface in my house with those things.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tourette Meltdown posted:

Ikea gets (more or less rightfully) poo poo on all the time, but I have like 3 poäng chairs and they are so comfortable, I would replace every seating surface in my house with those things.

Between Dania and Ikea my house is a comfy Scandinavian paradise. Poang chairs in our rec room. Never buy an ikea couch though. they get too soft too quickly and cause back problems.

Just bought tickets to a local liquor tasting event.

http://proofwashington.org/ I went to this about 3 years ago and got pretty much trashed on sips when I ended up with about 20 tasting coins and each company was allowing me to have a sip of their entire line for 1 coin.

Also can buy liquor tax free because industry event.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Tigntink posted:

Between Dania and Ikea my house is a comfy Scandinavian paradise. Poang chairs in our rec room. Never buy an ikea couch though. they get too soft too quickly and cause back problems.

I'm worried about this. Anything I can do now to prevent this?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

App13 posted:

I'm worried about this. Anything I can do now to prevent this?

stop being a lazy nerd and get off your couch.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

ChocNitty posted:

I found the holy grail of wristwatches:

It's all right, but I need a watch that will let me know when it's time to give you up, let you down, run around, desert you, etc.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

budgieinspector posted:

It's all right, but I need a watch that will let me know when it's time to give you up, let you down, run around, desert you, etc.

Never.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Perry Normal posted:

And another kayak. 10 foot this time. Really looking forward to taking it out tomorrow.

Looks good, but isn't there a keg (fin) on it?

If not, I hope you're only going to use on calm wave- and windless days - otherwise you'll have trouble keeping it on course...

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Perry Normal posted:

The idea of you in a kayak is hilarious to me and you/your SO better post some pictures up of your adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Merica posted:

stop being a lazy nerd and get off your couch.

pawn the ikea couch on some poor college student when the cushion gives out and buy a better couch. Last I heard our old ikea couch has made it through about 3 more amazon interns.