Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Endorph posted:

ninja guy is the best character

That was legit the only cool moment in the episode. The writing/direction has really gone downhill in the second season. =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

That was legit the only cool moment in the episode. The writing/direction has really gone downhill in the second season. =/

What are you talking about? The last few episodes have all been great, especially in regards to Dennis.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Xoidanor posted:

What are you talking about? The last few episodes have all been great, especially in regards to Dennis.

I mean it's nowhere near the intensity of the former episodes but... duh? the previous season climaxed with an invasion, we haven't even gotten everyone together here. The stuff they are doing is still cool but no it's not as hype as the end of last season. But this has all still been better than the Qualifiers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also its their first outing as an actual 'team'.Its the bond making period where they actually get to know each other. A really common and standard story element.

Its just Reiji left it to a field test rather than making sure they were all okay with each other before embarking.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'll give you guys Dennis. (Though, he looks dumb as hell in that racing suit.)

I guess I'm just having some withdraw due to lack of Sora crazy-eyes. :unsmigghh:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Come on now, they can't keep shoveling exciting stuff at us costantly, that dulls the senses after a while.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Story 101, man. Show's 3 years long so every act is 50ish episodes long and the stuff from a few weeks back was the climax of act 1, now we gotta build up stuff for act 2 with this dimensional stuff and they'll end up even bigger and more exciting than the last.

So, Jean might know about the dimension stuff, under Gongenzaka's profile it said Standard Duel Disk and Shun said XYZ Summon, while Dennis' profile thing was just off camera enough to not see what was written. Odds are he can tell which dimension they are from or he doesn't and Standard in this case means just Normal (since Gongenzaka only used Synchro) and the XYZ bit could just be about how he uses XYZ summons which nobody had seen before.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Always keep in mind that this show is, by the nature of its existence, built around a product that releases every three months. That means by its very nature, it has to slow down every so often. That's why a Yu-Gi-Oh series tells in three years a story that, frankly, most other anime would tell in 1.

Things have been slow since Yugo's Riding Duel and the initial conflict with Security and honestly, the Prison Arc will probably be pretty lame because it was pretty lame in 5D's and was a weak link in an otherwise superb season. But, hey, after the prison arc in 5D's, we got Ushio vs. Yusei and Rua, Ruka and Aki's introductions!

Also at the end of this, we apparently get a Shun/Gongenzaka team up, which is all kinds of great.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I hope someone gets prison tattoo'd.

And I hope that someone is Sawatari.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I hope someone gets prison tattoo'd.

And I hope that someone is Sawatari.

Gongenzaka gets a cool tatto that's actually a map of the prison

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

Also at the end of this, we apparently get a Shun/Gongenzaka team up, which is all kinds of great.

Where'd you get this from? Because that's pretty rad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Where'd you get this from? Because that's pretty rad.

The extended preview for 63 mentions it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm going to my first locals today. i don't have a dark hole for my side deck but other than that and a bogus extra deck I have everything I need! I've not played this in real life in over a decade, I'm excited!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

everythingWasBees posted:

I'm going to my first locals today. i don't have a dark hole for my side deck but other than that and a bogus extra deck I have everything I need! I've not played this in real life in over a decade, I'm excited!

Good luck man! What are you playing?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

Good luck man! What are you playing?

Monarch Ghostrick.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Monarch Ghostrick.

Hoping to make a good first impression, are you? :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Silento posted:

Hoping to make a good first impression, are you? :v:

It's the only cards I still own. Also the only deck that isn't tribute stun or a burn deck I know how to run. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

It's the only cards I still own. Also the only deck that isn't tribute stun or a burn deck I know how to run. :v:

Try learning Ritual Beasts. They're challenging, yet rewarding.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 12, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

This Locals is Shaddolls, Burning Abyss, Nekroz, and Nutella.

Help.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Run an anti meta deck

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't think Slur likes shirtless Crow.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Help.
Believe in the heart of the cards.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Finally got The Good Hand with my Gem Knight Deck. Brilliant Fusion into one of the from hand fusions then banished to fuse a third. So fun to get a full combo off.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

loving Shaddoll OTK.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Help.

Welcome to Yugioh. Just be glad there's at least some variety this banlist. I never want to go back to E-Dragon format again.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Frog FTK was worse.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Welcome to Yugioh. Just be glad there's at least some variety this banlist. I never want to go back to E-Dragon format again.

No it was really really fun I was just woefully under-prepared. Though the top shaddoll player there looked at my deck afterwards and it was very much a "...yeah, you just had awful luck didn't you." for how it turned out our first round. the second round i didn't draw any ghostricks and he drew all the star seraphs. I played Nutella, Shaddolls, and a Chain Burn deck that I was one turn away from beating in the third match but he got lucky. I know what to do to prepare for Shaddolls and am not gonna worry about loving Chain Burn too much, might change one or two side cards for that. Went 1-3 but it was so much fun!

How do you play against Nutella anyway. Though I might've won first match if it wasn't for multiple copies of that trap that makes you set spells.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Team Satisfaction format was the best.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Quite interesting NK deck profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LbyF9S2esI

The guy does know what he's talking about.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For the first time ever, there's no changes on the OCG banlist :psyduck:

Also:

Supreme Black Luster Soldier
Level 8 EARTH Warrior-Type Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
Can be Ritual Summoned with “Supreme Warrior Ritual”. You can only Special Summon 1 “Supreme Black Luster Soldier(s)” per turn.
(1) If this card destorys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Gaia the Fierce Knight” monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

:raise:

Red Dragon Archfiend Scarright
Dark Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV8 3000/2500
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
(1) This card’s name becomes “Red Dragon Archfiend” while it is face-up or in the Graveyard. (2) Once per turn: You can destroy all Special Summoned monsters whose ATK is lower than or equal to this card’s ATK, except for this card. Then, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each destroyed.

Son of a bitch

More cards here

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Zetsboushin Antihope / Antihope, the God of Despair
Dark Fiend / Special Summon / Effect
LV12 5000/5000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by sending 4 face-up Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) Your other monsters cannot attack. (2) During the Battle Step, if this card is battling: You can banish 1 Level 1 monster from your Graveyard; until the end of the Damage Step, this card is unaffected by other card effects and cannot be destroyed by battle.

Friends, help me. What deck do I use this card in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Whooooo Scarright is loving badass.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Synchro Best Special Summon type

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

alcharagia posted:

LV12 5000/5000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by sending 4 face-up Level 1 monsters you control to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) Your other monsters cannot attack. (2) During the Battle Step, if this card is battling: You can banish 1 Level 1 monster from your Graveyard; until the end of the Damage Step, this card is unaffected by other card effects and cannot be destroyed by battle.

Maybe one of those decks that are made to get a whole bunch of level 1's on the field for cain and able?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Would Duston's work? They can pull out a bunch of L1's and clog up the enemy field at the same time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
REDDO DEMONSU DORAGON

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Speedroids wooooo

Seriously they are pretty dope. Love their effects and the fact that they are an archetype based on SPEED toys.

Which reminds me: I have tried finding an ongoing theme for Yuya's clones but I am starting to think that there is none.

Yuya uses funny circus animals
Yuugo uses SPEED toys

I thought that might mean that their theme could be a generic "fun", but the fact is that Yuuto breaks the pattern with his ragged clothing monsters. If you really stretch it it could symbolize the equipment in JRPGs but that is really grasping at the straws.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It's a lot easier to draw the parallel between Yuzu & Serena, what with having "Singing" and "Dancing" as respective themes. Not sure where you'd go from there though. Maybe Rin plays Symphonic Warriors and the Xyz counterpart whose name I forget plays Djinns?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Ruri, her name is Ruri. That's like 40% of Shun's dialogue. It would make sense for her to use Djinnis actually, but I don't know if they are willing to let a secondary character use cards that were used by a protagonist.

We have actually seen one of Rin's card in a flashback:

It's called Lucky Pied Piper and it's a Gemini monster, interestingly enough:

quote:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect.
● When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

alcharagia posted:

LV12 5000/5000

Skull Servants