Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Mali are kicking rear end in the U-20 WC

https://twitter.com/FutbolBible/status/609021052807544832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

"U-20"

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

gently caress-You

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

i dont get it

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fuckin lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Unfortunately the Indomitable Lions, Cameroon's u-20 team, didn't qualify for the world cup in New Zealand.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

whats with the pic of freddy adu as a lazio plastic?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

whats with the pic of freddy adu as a lazio plastic?

mods.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

haha what a sell out. Like he needs more money.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

opus111 posted:

He got a €30m contract at his age he'd be stupid to reject it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

opus111 posted:

Imagine turning down an insane amount of money to kick a ball at 76 years old because you "don't need it"

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

opus111 posted:

This is why you will always be a poverty poster.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Imagine turning down an insane amount of money to kick a ball at 76 years old because you "don't need it"

Imagine not dropping to a lower league/team to stay competitive in order to add to your already big enough wealth.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

reformed bad troll posted:

This is why you will always be a poverty poster.

as a non-american i don't find this to be insulting.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

opus111 posted:

Imagine not dropping to a lower league/team to stay competitive in order to add to your already big enough wealth.

Define big enough wealth.

He's won quite literally every trophy that ever mattered to him in his career, what's wrong with making a shitload of extra money?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Define big enough wealth.

He's won quite literally every trophy that ever mattered to him in his career, what's wrong with making a shitload of extra money?

big enough wealth - he and his children (if he has any?) will never have to work again.

because he'll playing in a poo poo league and the money he's being paid with is as dubious as it gets. I just don't understand. If I was one of the greats I'd want to compete for as long as possible, maybe join a struggling club and take it to a title, keep pushing myself as far as I can.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

opus111 posted:

because he'll playing in a poo poo league and the money he's being paid with is as dubious as it gets. I just don't understand. If I was one of the greats I'd want to compete for as long as possible, maybe join a struggling club and take it to a title, keep pushing myself as far as I can.
This is a bit silly. What struggling team in a not poo poo league is 35 year old Xavi going to take to a title? He's past the point where he can stay at the highest level, so what else is there other than building the sport in another country and earning loads of money?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSQjPPsTN8g

that's a nice free kick

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Hoops posted:

This is a bit silly. What struggling team in a not poo poo league is 35 year old Xavi going to take to a title? He's past the point where he can stay at the highest level, so what else is there other than building the sport in another country and earning loads of money?

I think what he's suggesting is that Xavi should end his career.

What the poster is not understanding is that football is most likely the only thing Xavi knows, so he wants to play.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
After Qatar, Xavi is going to get his manager license, train Barca B for a couple years then take the first team to 3 tripletes in a row.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

dex_sda posted:

I think what he's suggesting is that Xavi should end his career.

What the poster is not understanding is that football is most likely the only thing Xavi knows, so he wants to play.

thats exactly my point - and he'll hardly be playing! Look at how Drogba faired in China. A true sportsman wants to compete, not rest on his laurels. Anyway, whatever.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Living like a king in Qatar while getting paid millions to clown borderline professional footballers in the twilight of your career sounds awesome. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with it.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
We're all living off the backs of third world slaves to some extent but taking $30 million to kick a ball in Qatar is going a bit far IMO.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

blue footed boobie posted:

Living like a king in Qatar while getting paid millions to clown borderline professional footballers in the twilight of your career sounds awesome. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with it.

He could have done the same in MLS, with the advantage that America is slightly less reprehensible than the gulf nations.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

^^Only slightly.

opus111 posted:

thats exactly my point - and he'll hardly be playing! Look at how Drogba faired in China. A true sportsman wants to compete, not rest on his laurels. Anyway, whatever.

To be fair, the only reason Drogba left was because his team didn't pay him.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

blue footed boobie posted:

bfb has surely posted "football is dead" unironically somewhere someone find it STAT

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
How big are the stadia in Qatar? I've heard the United States of America, especially college towns there, have some big fuckin stadia and I believe that Xavi should want to play in front of as many people as possible.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wasn't the whole reason Xavi stopped playing for Barcelona that he was afraid he couldn't keep up with the team? He was worried that the fans would start booing him, and that would kill hime, since he's been at Barcelona for 300 years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

opus111 posted:

He's no Pirlo for sure

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If Xavi had instead chosen to play in the HERO INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE we wouldn't be having this discussion: hell, we'd all applaud his contract with the Big 'Yin

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

He's no Pirlo for sure

Pirlo wanted 10m a season to play in the a league

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Who in their right mind moves, or even travels, to Qatar?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Andnook posted:

When the keeper comes up for a corner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN96HD4vbEc
Hahaha this is amazing

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Byolante posted:

Pirlo wanted 10m a season to play in the a league

Any sane person would after watching it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

opus111 posted:

big enough wealth - he and his children (if he has any?) will never have to work again.

Bull poo poo. Athletes don't make this kind of money. The owners do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bale cap 1

Bale ahead of cap 50

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Parody Threads posted:

How big are the stadia in Qatar? I've heard the United States of America, especially college towns there, have some big fuckin stadia and I believe that Xavi should want to play in front of as many people as possible.

Not very big

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Andnook posted:

When the keeper comes up for a corner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN96HD4vbEc
:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Troy Queef posted:

If Xavi had instead chosen to play in the HERO INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE we wouldn't be having this discussion: hell, we'd all applaud his contract with the Big 'Yin

gently caress off he'd go to Kolkata

let's football!!!