Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

loving lol who would want to be a black woman in America? I say that as one

she proved that if you really wanted to, you could change this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
what a loving moron

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be great if people actually started doing the racist harassment she used to lie about experiencing.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Apparently being a black woman in America is real easy and anyone can do it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Cuckoo posted:

loving lol who would want to be a black woman in America? I say that as one

Why yes I want to trade life as as white woman for regular doses of racism, concealer that never matches my skin tone right, and impossible brillo pad hair. Mmm I love either spending hundreds a year on perms or watching my Afro consume combs and various other small objects like that guy in the Harlem Globetrotters cartoon

As a kid, I occasionally wondered what it would be like to be white. Seconds later, I'd figure "nah, that poo poo would be boring as gently caress."*

I'd probably grow up to be a pasty, rosy-skinned, pizza-faced turd of a human being.

*Also helped that my childhood was relatively sheltered from the slings and arrows of bigotry.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

who was the goon that pretending to be black until he accidently uploaded a picture of his white hand holding a gun

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

who was the goon that pretending to be black until he accidently uploaded a picture of his white hand holding a gun

SedanChair

thjere's a picture of his face going around and he's bald and white.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I see zero issues with this. If someone identifies as black, is taken to be black, they are black. Simple. It's a social construct, nothing to do with African ancestry.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

sedan chair, i already made a joke about him!!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i cant really blame her for not wanting to be white, though. white people are awful.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Dont care.

didymos
Sep 30, 2014
https://twitter.com/GodfreyElfwick/status/609267943050997760

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

theres no way that account isn't someone from /pol/ looking for easy targets

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
This is nothing new. Most of the founders of the NAACP were white jews. (The more you know. Information is power)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

This is nothing new. Most of the founders of the NAACP were white jews. (The more you know. Information is power)

suck my dick

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Did she get scholarships and federal aid for being black? When did this even start for her

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Yeah but were they pretending to be black for street cred?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Farm Frenzy posted:

theres no way that account isn't someone from /pol/ looking for easy targets

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

that and you can scroll down a bit and find a bunch of times he's forgotten hes in character and retweeted a bunch of dumb neo-right memes etc

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm also reminded of that fake Syrian lesbian blogger story from five years ago that ended up being a white guy.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
"Are your parents...are they white?"

Dolezal walked away from the microphone, leaving her purse and keys, and took refuge in a nearby clothing boutique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
There are thousands of us, and we're coming for your race next

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
lol shes faked a number of hate crimes too super nice http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/11/board-member-had-longstanding-doubts-about-truthfu/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

grellgraxer posted:

Dolezal walked away from the microphone, leaving her purse and keys, and took refuge in a nearby clothing boutique.

lol owned off

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Claims her parents beat her with a South African baboon whip, leaving scars for life. That should be easy to verify.

http://easterneronline.com/35006/eagle-life/a-life-to-be-heard/#sthash.uFVTOS6e.dpbs

"According to Doležal, the object her mother and stepfather used to punish them was called a baboon whip, used to ward baboons away in South Africa. These whips would leave scars behind, “they were pretty similar to what was used as whips during slavery.” In 1996, she moved to Jackson, Mississippi, to pursue a four-year degree in art with a full ride scholarship."

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

grellgraxer posted:

I like to believe this wasn't even in response to the question. She was just like, oh wow what a beautiful turban! What I wouldn't give to be Hindi...

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Fairly passive posted:

I see zero issues with this. If someone identifies as black, is taken to be black, they are black. Simple. It's a social construct, nothing to do with African ancestry.

this but unironically

reverse-passing is the great unspoken tragedy of our era

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

hah she moved to jackson mississippi on purpose

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Shoutout to all the lightskinned dudes that are now under permanent suspicion

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If her actually black husband and children weren't in on this then its really kind of sad. Still though, if you're going to pull such a big scam put some more loving effort into pulling it off convincingly.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
race is a cultural construct

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moon Atari posted:

If her actually black husband and children weren't in on this then its really kind of sad. Still though, if you're going to pull such a big scam put some more loving effort into pulling it off convincingly.

for real I mean at least get a tin of shoe polish

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

lol this woman is literally living out the plot of spike lee's bamboozled irl

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'd be pretty upset if my near clear daughter married a black guy with four kids and then decided she was also black

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

opus111 posted:

her and sedan chair should get together and produce a glistening marble white baby.

:thurman:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Bitch got that typical British/Australian face going on. How could anyone think for a moment she had any African in her family tree?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
lol @ goons being all like "DUH SHE'S OBVIOUSLY WHITE" as if anyone would've given enough of a poo poo to really be like "hmm no that woman is a white not a black!!"

stfu nerds you just accept what people say like everyone else

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

hmm I think today i'll analyze this picture of the NAACP chairperson in spokane to make sure she's actually black

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

she says she's black but I want to MAKE SURE because I have suspicions this person IS NOT BLACK

i've found a LOT of white ppl pretending to be black it's a hobby of mine as a somethingawful goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ork of Fiction posted:

Because of that, the culture of segregation was never as strong. Like, imagine if the whole US had a 25% African heritage.
Cubans love abortion and Cuba is like 40-60% black depending on how you count.

• Locked thread