Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just got my first job since getting out two years ago. I wear my old military boots and every single time I walk outside I feel weird as gently caress for not wearing a hat. Like some crusty Senior Chief is going to yell at me. Anyone else get this weird feeling? Also my coworkers are all lazy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

blue squares posted:

Anyone else get this weird feeling?

It's all in your head.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
buy real shoes.

it's ok

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

elite_garbage_man posted:

buy real shoes.

it's ok

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I've already spilled paint on my boots once, I'm not buying shoes for the six weeks remaining at my job. $12/hr summer internship is pretty awesome though

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
oh my god you're painting houses.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

No I'm doing a management trainee internship with Sherwin Williams. Learning how to be an assistant manger and also we make a sales program presentation for the company and get to present it at a conference in Dallas. It's cool

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No one goes to college to intern as a paint salesman apprentice.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

blue squares posted:

No I'm doing a management trainee internship with Sherwin Williams. Learning how to be an assistant manger and also we make a sales program presentation for the company and get to present it at a conference in Dallas. It's cool

Why did you get out? You sounds like 80% of the lifers I met.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
And everyone said you couldn't get a job as a rhetoric major. Good for you. (This is that guy, right?)

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Y'all are making me feel old as gently caress and young as balls simultaneously. I'm only 26, for fucks sake!

Assholes. At least I'm dating a 21 year old.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

blue squares posted:

I just got my first job since getting out two years ago. I wear my old military boots and every single time I walk outside I feel weird as gently caress for not wearing a hat. Like some crusty Senior Chief is going to yell at me. Anyone else get this weird feeling? Also my coworkers are all lazy as gently caress.

blue squares posted:

I've already spilled paint on my boots once, I'm not buying shoes for the six weeks remaining at my job. $12/hr summer internship is pretty awesome though

blue squares posted:

:mediocre:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every time blue squares posts I feel more and more thankful that I actually landed a good paying relevant job with my film degree. Yeah it's boring govt contractor work, but it's video. And amazon and Microsoft aren't going tits up anytime soon, so there's always work available around Seattle. It's not engineering or art, but job prospects are also neither really hopeless or soul-crushing either. :unsmith:

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Imagine being stuck as a manager at Sherman Williams for the rest of your life.

/wrists.

I'm just glad my copious applications to Nike and Intel are finally paying off.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A fine use of the Post-9/11 GI Bill

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
To distract myself from feeling old due to turning 27 at the end of the month and act as a palate cleanser after some more beautiful trainwreck footage by bluesquares, I present the fruits of the DIY dry aging and charcoal chimney cooking.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

holocaust bloopers posted:

A fine use of the Post-9/11 GI Bill

I mean if he wanted to be a painter he could have just sat outside a Home Depot and waited for a pickup to show up screaming about trabajo. Could have saved some money.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lmbo at you guys crying about hitting 30

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

man gently caress you all im 31

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

sherman williams is a pretty god drat huge paint company

i get free hats and mugs from them all the time

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have no intention of working at a drat paint store when I graduate but hey, it's good money for a summer job and its a good resume bullet that gives me some skills that a rhetoric degree doesn't.

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

more beautiful trainwreck footage by bluesquares,

A summer internship with a paint company is a trainwreck now? give me a break

blue squares fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 12, 2015

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
32 :corsair:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Professor Bling posted:

Y'all are making me feel old as gently caress and young as balls simultaneously. I'm only 26, for fucks sake!

Assholes. At least I'm dating a 21 year old.

I'm 32 dating a 23 year old CNA. My recently divorced 37 year old brother is banging a 22 year old massage therapist. Daddy issues own

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I started at $13 an hour at my very first real job outside of the military, as a machinist in buttfuck rural Texas, with no kind of degree whatsoever. Now that I'm actually taking classes and still making $20/hour full time, I would laugh in the face of anyone who offered me a $12/hour internship—what was the point of all this education? I look at it this way: they're offering internships in the hopes of snaring college grads early and turning them into loyal company men. A wage like that doesn't inspire loyalty.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Really? I had a hard time finding any internships that paid anything at all, let alone more than $12. Maybe that would be different if I were a business or STEM major, though?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Lmao at calling a summer job painting houses an internship.

You're a seasonal worker, brosef.

For your hosed up choice of a major, an internship would be something like assisting in editing, filing or doing background research.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Isn't that like 80 in gay years?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Lmao at calling a summer job painting houses an internship.

You're a seasonal worker, brosef.

For your hosed up choice of a major, an internship would be something like assisting in editing, filing or doing background research.

Like I said I'm not painting houses, and I wanted something outside of my field in case other plans don't work out and I need some diversified work experience. I had an internship and, next semester, job in my school's writing center, which I really love. I want to work in writing education, and it's the biggest writing center in the country and quite prestigious, so it's a good fit for me. I'll be working there 15 hours a week for the next two years, and maybe get in the staff of the in house peer reviewed academic journal.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 12, 2015

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcZP1QlsW7k

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys how about those skillets eh

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Hey guys how about those skillets eh

they're great for cooking on a campfire when you're living in a VAN down by the RIVER

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

holocaust bloopers posted:

No one goes to college to intern as a paint salesman apprentice.

:stare:

Just the fact that this needed stating is goddamn :lol: as gently caress.

Welcome back, Blue Squares. I for one have missed your shenanigans.

Keep on keeping on, my untalented friend.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My brother got a diploma from welding trade school or something, got a $13 an hour job immediately after graduating, then didn't get kept on after the 2 week probationary period because the crotchety old gently caress they stuck him with didn't like him. Luckily he didn't quit his Menard's job yet. I'd prefer he not decide to go out to work in the oil fields and become a meth addict, but what can you do.

EDIT: During the summer they rent out the dorms to snowbirds, so there are a bunch of colorful oldsters all over the place.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 12, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my greatest regret is being on mobile right now so I have to wait five more hours to rip apart the logic of all of this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

And here I was liking cooking chat

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Vasudus posted:

logic of all of this
There isn't any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

blue squares posted:

Like I said I'm not painting houses, and I wanted something outside of my field in case other plans don't work out and I need some diversified work experience. I had an internship and, next semester, job in my school's writing center, which I really love. I want to work in writing education, and it's the biggest writing center in the country and quite prestigious, so it's a good fit for me. I'll be working there 15 hours a week for the next two years, and maybe get in the staff of the in house peer reviewed academic journal.

I got a job flipping burgers to diversify the bullet points on my law school application. I think it's gonna put me over the top!!!

• Locked thread