Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It's another done deal: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/186940-reds-agree-terms-with-adam-bogdan

Liverpool doing all their mediocre business early leaving plenty of time to sign the big hitters right? Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They've been doing most of their transfers early for a couple of years now. It makes transfer deadline day less interesting but I think they should be let off for that one after making the 2011 January window arguably one of the silliest in memory.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

It's another done deal: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/186940-reds-agree-terms-with-adam-bogdan

Liverpool doing all their mediocre business early leaving plenty of time to sign the big hitters right? Right?

Adam Bogdan, really? I mean, I guess he's just replacing Brad Jones as the backup who never plays so it doesn't really matter, but this isn't exactly an inspiring "take us to the top 4" signing.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

Adam Bogdan, really? I mean, I guess he's just replacing Brad Jones as the backup who never plays so it doesn't really matter, but this isn't exactly an inspiring "take us to the top 4" signing.

Some Bolton guys are saying he's really good, but he's only going to be backup and play in early cup fixtures so I'm not that bothered.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Martin Luther King SR
Obamas father
A leader of any Central African nations with pure intention

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Ings, Milner, Bogdan. LFC will take some stopping next season :tviv:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Arsenal have been charged by the FA for breaching agent regulations over the Chambers transfer

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hoops posted:

I think they get forced out before that happens in most cases. If the club know a player is definitely going to wind their contract down, they'll sell them now. If the player won't go, then they won't get picked any more. Don't play for a season and it ruins your chanses at a move to a big club, and you end up on at Sunderland or whoever on smaller wages.

Although thinking now, that first scenario might be a bit dramatic, the truth probably has more to do with whether their agents like it or not. Probably results in less commission for them when the player does move, and ruins their relationship with the player's old club.

If Liverpool dont sell him to City/Liverpool this window he'll just agree to join them when his contracts out and Liverpool will get gently caress all.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

serious gaylord posted:

If Liverpool dont sell him to City/Liverpool this window he'll just agree to join them when his contracts out and Liverpool will get gently caress all.

he's not going to stick around for 2 years waiting for that

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

excuse me lady posted:

he's not going to stick around for 2 years waiting for that

He can buy his contract out at the end of next season.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
he'll go in this window one way or another imho, he's not going to turn out in a Liverpool shirt again

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Macclesfield have made the kickstarter

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

gtkor posted:

Kinda surprised City don't go after someone like Bentaleb, I think he would end up playing his 3rd season this year and would still count this season being under 21.

hes utter shite tbf

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

EvilHawk posted:

Some Bolton guys are saying he's really good, but he's only going to be backup and play in early cup fixtures so I'm not that bothered.

Not sure I'd trust a Bolton.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

excuse me lady posted:

he'll go in this window one way or another imho, he's not going to turn out in a Liverpool shirt again

He's the new Stevie Me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Micah Richards should be signing for Villa soon and I'm OK with that.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Whats all this talk of contract buyout? Is it the Webster rule that all the clubs agreed never to use?

Also, why would Liverpool fill the reserve keeper spot with someone who isn't homegrown. Thats just stupid.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

He can buy his contract out at the end of next season.

Has anyone ever done this? The media constantly brings it up but it never really seems to happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euroboy posted:

Has anyone ever done this? The media constantly brings it up but it never really seems to happen.

Gutierrez did when he signed for newcastle

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Earlier this week John Arne Riise announced that he had signed with a club in India and that he would announce which club on his wifes blog last the day after and now it turns out that he signed for Kerala Blasters but changed his mind literally hours after and now wants to play for Delhi Dynamos. Still no confirmation on his wifes blog though.....

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why on his wife's blog? Does he not have his own blog he can use?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Starsnostars posted:

Why on his wife's blog? Does he not have his own blog he can use?

she needs the readers I guess

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

K U N T Z posted:

He's the new Stevie Me.

So some Merseyside Gangster just needs to scare Sterling, Sterling's mom, and Aidy Ward? Awesome.

Frankston posted:

Micah Richards should be signing for Villa soon and I'm OK with that.

I didn't watch nearly as much Serie A as I would have liked this season. How was he for Fiorentina?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

euroboy posted:

Its one of those weird situations where its not really had to be done. A club would rather get more than a years contract for a player after all. Gutierrez is the only one I can think of.

ChrisXP posted:

Whats all this talk of contract buyout? Is it the Webster rule that all the clubs agreed never to use?

Its article 17 of the transfer rules. A player is allowed to buy himself out of his contract 3 years after signing it if hes under the age of 28.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Thinking about it, Micah Richards is the ultimate Sherwood Signing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

I didn't watch nearly as much Serie A as I would have liked this season. How was he for Fiorentina?

Micah watched plenty.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Brony Car posted:

If you'd had watched more you'd have still struggled to see him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Thinking about it, Micah Richards is the ultimate Sherwood Signing.

How so?

sassassin posted:

Micah watched plenty.

Yeesh. Would be nice to see a British player tear up a European league outside England. Well, Bale's doing okay, but still...

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

English, makes up for tactical mistakes by running twice as fast, works on his bench press instead of ironing out those tactical mistakes, lovable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was trying to find if any other footballers had used the webster ruling and found this instead. A german keeper using EU laws to stop Mainz from releasing him when his contract ended

http://www.fifpro.org/en/news/mueller-case-is-a-wake-up-call-for-european-football

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Jose posted:

I was trying to find if any other footballers had used the webster ruling and found this instead. A german keeper using EU laws to stop Mainz from releasing him when his contract ended

http://www.fifpro.org/en/news/mueller-case-is-a-wake-up-call-for-european-football

Sounds like they are saying that a contract that says "Make X appearances and your contract will renew automatically" is illegal due to the player not having any control over how many appearances he makes. Or did I misunderstand?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Sounds like they are saying that a contract that says "Make X appearances and your contract will renew automatically" is illegal due to the player not having any control over how many appearances he makes. Or did I misunderstand?

Its not particularly well written but this is the important bit

quote:

The implementation can differ from state to state, but there will always be a moment when fixed-term labour contracts convert into indefinite-term contracts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
An initial period of employment can be considered a temporary trial - the length of which is up to the employer - which can be terminated legally at its completion, while a subsequent contract represents a full-time indefinite contract of employment.

At least that's kind of how it works at my company.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

serious gaylord posted:

Its article 17 of the transfer rules. A player is allowed to buy himself out of his contract 3 years after signing it if hes under the age of 28.

For how much, exactly? His wages for the remainder of his contract?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

Didn't Fabregas do part of the fee when he left for Barcelona?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dunban posted:

Yeah. I would imagine it doesn't happen that often because players are retards who spend all of their wages and would take a huge tax hit when the club or their agent fronted a year of their wages.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Dunban posted:

Thats the bit that is contested. The transfer committee will come up with a fee that the player needs to pay. In the webster case this was much lower than the club valued him and basically came out to be his remaining wages + 500k.

In a situation like Sterlings, the club that want him will pay that and forego the signing on fee or something.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Jose posted:

The player in question, Heinz Müller, is a humongous loving twat who did this. Incredibly, he only got a two-game ban for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

Didn't Fabregas do part of the fee when he left for Barcelona?

He withdrew part of the loyalty payment I think

• Locked thread