Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's bad. iPhone 5S is good.
the iPhone 5s is a very very good phone, in fact it is the second best telephone money can buy imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Tim is killing Apple.

the last time i flew, which was either 2 or 3 years ago, everyone had ipads everywhere. when i was bouncing around a couple weeks ago i saw zero in the airports. weird

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You’re in Cupertino walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see Apple crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip Apple over on its back. Apple lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that, Tim?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i still havent seen an APple Watch here in New York City, New York

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.android.com/phones/whichphone/

lol

Apr 7, 2003

lol at how desperate they are to brand since Samsung ate android for all intents and purposes.

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol at how desperate they are to brand since Samsung ate android for all intents and purposes.

dont you mean all intensive purposes

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

the last time i flew, which was either 2 or 3 years ago, everyone had ipads everywhere. when i was bouncing around a couple weeks ago i saw zero in the airports. weird

Tim ruined Apple.

Apr 7, 2003

Skarp posted:

Yes. thank you.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Skarp posted:

intensive porpoises

get it right

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

i own a 6 and its the best iphone yet

its a good thing the leather case that they sell next to it is loving perfect to hold because without it the phone is a slippery too thin nightmare

but with it it's just right

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

its a good thing the leather case that they sell next to it is loving perfect to hold because without it the phone is a slippery too thin nightmare

its me, im the person who purchased a telephoen that requires an accessory to be held properly and safely. lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sniep posted:

you're holding it wrong

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sniep posted:

sounds to me like you're holding it wrong

e: ^^ :argh:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

its me, im the person who purchased a telephoen that requires an accessory to be held properly and safely. lol

100% accurate

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

i'm the recommendation to purchase a phone with an oudated OS right out of the box

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

just like anything google does, android one turned out to be a failure

http://recode.net/2015/06/11/beset-with-failures-google-tries-to-breathe-new-life-into-android-one/

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
Of course, the other precedent for Android One is Nexus. Launched in 2010 as the pure Google “superphone,” Nexus One arrived with the wrappings of an ambitious device to seize the market. Google aimed to change not just how phones were made, but also how they were sold, seeking to largely bypass the wireless carriers.

That effort flopped, but Google has kept the Nexus program around with a more basic purpose — trying to set the bar for hardware makers and allowing Google a chance to influence the market and see what Android looks like from the phone maker’s vantage point.

During the keynote at Google’s recent developer conference, Android One received a passing mention. Nexus went unnamed.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
and of course they went straight for android M since fixing up older projects wont move them too high up on the ladder but launching something new will

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
my dad has an iPhone 4 and now he wants the huge phone Samsung shame because he doesn't realize how bad it actually is. also because it has speech to text for Cantonese and the iPhone doesn't.

I'm not going to buy him one because they are bad

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Wild EEPROM posted:

my dad has an iPhone 4 and now he wants the huge phone Samsung shame because he doesn't realize how bad it actually is. also because it has speech to text for Cantonese and the iPhone doesn't.

I'm not going to buy him one because they are bad

You're a good son

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
there's speech to text for cantonese supposedly, just set the locale to hong kong and use the chinese mandarin keyboard

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

quote:

Sony Xperia Z4 Launches In Japan With Overheating Warning From Carrier NTT Docomo And Plenty Of User Complaints
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...ser-complaints/

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

its the snapdragon 810 that does it and its in multiple flagships. its crazy how hosed the phone industry is

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lemme just buy a 600 dollar phone that can heat up to 154f, needs to be rebooted multiple times a day. only fix is to clock down the processor. just lmao

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
blame tsmc and their bad 20nm

iphone 6 had similar problem on the ones that likely had tsmc parts, and you can keep on swapping it till you get one that doesn't heat up as much

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

DaNzA posted:

Google aimed to change not just how phones were made, but also how they were sold, seeking to largely bypass the wireless carriers.

You mean like Apple successfully did years earlier?

And then Google completely reversed course and agreed to let carriers install poo poo on Android devices and have a say in releasing Android updates.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Doc Block posted:

And then Google completely reversed course and agreed to let carriers install poo poo on Android devices and have a say in releasing Android updates.

lol ya

anroid really is the crapware infested windows of the phone world

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

DaNzA posted:

blame tsmc and their bad 20nm

iphone 6 had similar problem on the ones that likely had tsmc parts, and you can keep on swapping it till you get one that doesn't heat up as much

never heard about this

Tres
Jun 21, 2003

Richard Stallman AKA St. iGNUcius-sama <3
Grimey Drawer

this poo poo is shameful.

literally says:

To our valued customers:

The above 3 smartphones are equipped with the latest core processors.

This means that although they have fast data processing capabilities, they also have a high rate of heat transfer, and get hot easily.

To ensure a comfortable smartphone experience, please consider doing the following:

1. Turning your phone off periodically
2. Turning your phone off when charging
3. Backing your phone up periodically
4. Using several devices (tablets etc.) to reduce the strain on your phone

*If your phone overheats, there is a risk that it may shut down suddenly, no longer power on, or lose data.

anroid lol!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
:ughh:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Doc Block posted:

pretty much why I won't use android.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Tres posted:

this poo poo is shameful.

literally says:

To our valued customers:

The above 3 smartphones are equipped with the latest core processors.

This means that although they have fast data processing capabilities, they also have a high rate of heat transfer, and get hot easily.

To ensure a comfortable smartphone experience, please consider doing the following:

1. Turning your phone off periodically
2. Turning your phone off when charging
3. Backing your phone up periodically
4. Using several devices (tablets etc.) to reduce the strain on your phone

*If your phone overheats, there is a risk that it may shut down suddenly, no longer power on, or lose data.

anroid lol!

Anroid.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

third from the left is that sperg and his midget wife

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

third from the left is that sperg and his midget wife

he died

pram
Jun 10, 2001