Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Freedom planet is incredible, it's a sonic game that's better than sonic and also gunstar holy poo poo.

These creators should be lauded and funded just as much as the Shovel Knight guys. they really deserve it.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Woolie's 72h erection is bad.

I've never disagreed more about anything, Woolie's hype boner is the best part of the playthrough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

I've never disagreed more about anything, Woolie's hype boner is the best part of the playthrough.

Heh, maybe for you since you're behind a computer screen far far away from it. Liam's gotta sit right next to it.

edit: I'm talking about his erection in his pants. Not the hype boner.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Heh, maybe for you since you're behind a computer screen far far away from it. Liam's gotta sit right next to it.

edit: I'm talking about his erection in his pants. Not the hype boner.

Somehow I don't think the Saucy Lad would have an issue with Woolie's Big Papa.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait. Are you saying the Freedom Planet LP is bad?

No, but priapism is a serious condition and Slowbeef provoked it.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Those helicopter sprites in the intro of that Jurassic Park game were upside-down.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

matt you are a cool dude and i like your stuff, but for the love of baphomet please never let pat and woolie do a blind lp where they hand off the controller upon death again. that bloodborne lp was loving brutal to watch just for the sheer amount of weird hostility going on

The original idea for the Bloodborne LP was Pat playing all the way through, and me just watching. I would have loved to do it. :(

Also, we will have an autograph signing at Too Many Games, when we get the exact time, I'll be sure to let people know.

One last thing! Two brand new LPS are starting next week! One is Pat and I playing a really atrocious game, so bad we're laughing pretty hard throughout. And not "so bad there's nothing to talk about" like Murdered Soul Suspect. That, I consider a very poor LP.

The other new LP is a horror game with Pat, myself, and Liam. Should be good!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Hey Matt, on a scale of 1-10, how strong was Woolie's boner when he heard of SFV's new mechanics.

Also you and the other Zaibatsu guys are the only Internet personalities I really like, so keep up the good work!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

One last thing! Two brand new LPS are starting next week! One is Pat and I playing a really atrocious game, so bad we're laughing pretty hard throughout. And not "so bad there's nothing to talk about" like Murdered Soul Suspect. That, I consider a very poor LP.

Two full nepnep playthroughs coming?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

The original idea for the Bloodborne LP was Pat playing all the way through, and me just watching. I would have loved to do it. :(

Huh, any reason why that fell through or was it just bad scheduling?

Also, those new LPs sound cool, I've enjoyed all horror games you guys did and "make fun of poo poo game" always makes for a good LP.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I don't really know why it fell through. One day Pat said that's what he wanted to do. Then two months later, Pat and Woolie just mentioned casually that's how the LP will go down.

I was like, "ok."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

It's poo poo like that that's gonna one day release MR. MATTHEW KOWALKDJFLSDJFLSDFJ, EVIL YOUTUBE CONTENT PRODUCER from his prison on the moon. Just gonna go around smacking things out of their hands and screaming "WHERE THE HELL IS THE LETTER FOR APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE IN LET US PLAY MATERIAL?!? YOU KNOW WE RUN A TIGHT SHIP HERE!"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh man Pat was really drunk in this jurassic park vid.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't wait to see the ending to the Freedom Planet LP - the final boss is pretty good, and exactly the sort of thing that'll get the guys hyped. All of Final Dreadnought is great, really. I will say it's gone from irritating to amusing how Liam is just not gonna figure out that Lilac's double jump is actually an attack. I'm surprised a big ol' weeb like him didn't pick up on it with her yelling "Cylcone!" every other time she double jumps.

Also, I just now noticed that the first Dreadnought boss is just Syntax in another robo-body.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 12, 2015

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

My guess is Kholat.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
pat and woolie proclaimed they don't need the bosses help, they can defend their titles on their own

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently ArcSystemsWorks just bought Double Dragon.
I wonder if this spells more content for Fisticuffs...or Scrublords.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

Apparently ArcSystemsWorks just bought Double Dragon.
I wonder if this spells more content for Fisticuffs...or Scrublords.

I'm more excited that they bought the Kunio-kun/River City Ransom franchise

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

havenwaters posted:

Oh man Pat was really drunk in this jurassic park vid.

Nineyrine.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can't wait to see the ending to the Freedom Planet LP - the final boss is pretty good, and exactly the sort of thing that'll get the guys hyped. All of Final Dreadnought is great, really. I will say it's gone from irritating to amusing how Liam is just not gonna figure out that Lilac's double jump is actually an attack. I'm surprised a big ol' weeb like him didn't pick up on it with her yelling "Cylcone!" every other time she double jumps.

Also, I just now noticed that the first Dreadnought boss is just Syntax in another robo-body.

they said multiple times this episode that the double jump is an attack

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Indecisive posted:

I think Liam just underestimates how good it is, even though he's fully aware that it exists.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gaps in the best friend knowledge: american movie ratings and non-mammalian genitalia

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blockhouse posted:

Gaps in the best friend knowledge: american movie ratings and non-mammalian genitalia

Good thing they got Plague to fill them in on the latter!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

PiedPiper posted:

My guess is Kholat.

Think older.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Indecisive posted:

Did they? It's just that Liam never uses the thing to actually hit things, despite it being easily Lilac's best move. You can kill the Dreadnought 1 boss really easily with a few well placed cyclones. I mean, it's not a big deal, the playthrough's still fun, just sayin'.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 12, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Spiritus Nox posted:

Did they? It's just that Liam never uses the thing to actually hit things, despite it being easily Lilac's best move. You can kill the Dreadnought 1 boss really easily with a few well placed cyclones. I mean, it's not a big deal, just sayin'.

This last video has a conversation where Woolie goes "oh, her double jump is an attack!" and Liam says "yeah, didn't you notice it before?". He knows how it works, maybe he thinks it's a lot weaker than the normal hits since it's multi-hitting.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Huh. Wow, I completely missed it.

I will say, it's been amusing watching the youtube comments on Freedom Planet go from "the gently caress is this furry poo poo" to "YOOOO CHECK OUT THIS HYPE FURRY poo poo!! :supaburn:"

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

What is your favorite LP to watch while rewinding after a long day? Something that isn't HOLY poo poo HYPE but still an engaging conversation/video game?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

What is your favorite LP to watch while rewinding after a long day? Something that isn't HOLY poo poo HYPE but still an engaging conversation/video game?

RE4 is really good for the more mellow LPs, it's just two dudes hanging out loving a game. Beyond Two Souls is also excellent, for the opposite reason, and I find something comforting in how consistently bad the game is, and the Best Friends' ability to turn that badness into liquid joy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"Remember, we said it would be African Warlords-" *dude throws picture of shouting black man on the table and starts laying out the assassination mission" "OH MY GOOOOOO -:haw:" *Woolie, Pat, Matt descend into hysterics*

Still might be my favorite Zaibatsu moment.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I quite like the The Last of Us LP. The game introduces new things at a good pace, and there's this really nice growing sense of competence. Also, a good mix of game-chat and off-topic chat.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

goldblums eyes posted:

Pretty much any Matt and Pat playthrough. Going back through the RE4 LP in chunks has been refreshing, and for a while I always kept going back to their Eternal Darkness playthrough. Partly because I enjoyed that game a lot (as did Matt) and it was interesting seeing Pat's take on it as a survival horror fan (plus the fire alarm, way scarier than the bathtub scene).

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I enjoy the I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream LP. Good game, and funny seeing Woolie experience a PC point and click game with all it's nuance.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sega's calling Atlus out for stealing characters.

Can't wait to hear about this injustice on the podcast.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Sonic Twitter is the greatest. It even is doing a contest for the best "....and Knuckles" memes :allears:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

KingShiro posted:

I enjoy the I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream LP. Good game, and funny seeing Woolie experience a PC point and click game with all it's nuance.

Ooh, that's a real good one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sonic Adventure references ahoy, mentioning the OUYA...I'm glad Liam found a way to make some money on the side outside of the Zaibatsu.

hoobajoo posted:

Ooh, that's a real good one.

IHNMAIMS was a real good chill LP, yeah. RE2 and RE4 too, Sonic Adventure was basically Matt and Woolie talking about random poo poo while Liam did his thing...

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl0ZRqeMSUE
best way to watch bloodborne

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

goldblums eyes posted:

I tend to watch SBF for the hype stuff, not to unwind.

For unwinding, I've been watching Beaglerush's twitch archives for his Thursday Night XCOM series, since there's like 80 of them and each one is 7+ hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goldblums eyes posted:

I find that Matt's solo No More Heroes LP is pretty good background listening. Also pretty relaxing too. RE2 is a good one as well since Pat's ridiculous.