Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bruised the outside of my thumb and now when I hit the spacebar my thumb hurts :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

This isn't in the OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A and it pretty much should be. Also at lunch my order was dropped on the floor by the server so I had to wait another 15 minutes while everyone else theirs.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

EmmyOk posted:

I got Destiny.

drat my condolences.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I got my friend an awesome birthday present, he said it was one of the best ones he'd ever received (Weapon Brown, btw), but this year, like last year and the year before, he will forget my birthday and then say it's because I am too hard to shop for. So let's get McDonalds instead.

My mom wants to keep one of our foster kittens, and I was cool with that, until three of our new fosters died. I spent so much time trying to keep them going (the entire litter was dropped at the shelter and the babies were already sick and underweight) and kinda stopped playing with Brady. Now I don't care if we keep her or not, my mom won't decide, and I have someone who is interested in her, but goes in for major surgery in another week but wants her NOW.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I helped my best friend unfuck his new video card and he gave me the old one. It physically will not fit in my stupidly tiny tower and even if it did my power supply is less than half the minimum needed to run it. But I'm so close to having enough money saved up to buy all the parts of a new computer entirely that I can't justify getting a bigger case/power supply before then.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vic Boss posted:

drat my condolences.

Haha I'm aware it didn't live up to the hype but I never pay any attention to the media around games. I'd played a bit at a pal's house and liked it and it was down from 70e to 30e.

Today's FWP is that I think my first night back training after snapping a ligament has inflamed the ligament.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I occasionally watch minecraft videos on YouTube and it drives me crazy that pretty much every one is by somebody who can't pronounce words like 'sieve' or 'excavator'. The only other videos are by literal children.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Similarly, it is impossible to find a simple gameplay video for recent-ish games without some shut-in twerp yammering over it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My current car lease is up in about 6 months and my fiance cannot drive it since it is a manual so I can't buy it out at the end despite the residual being hilariously low because we need something we can both drive. I like my GTI :saddowns:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I helped my best friend unfuck his new video card and he gave me the old one. It physically will not fit in my stupidly tiny tower and even if it did my power supply is less than half the minimum needed to run it. But I'm so close to having enough money saved up to buy all the parts of a new computer entirely that I can't justify getting a bigger case/power supply before then.

I had this problem. It was a video card with a built in TV tuner, so it had this massive connector for a coax cable that wouldn't fit into my case. Thankfully I got a case with better made expansion slot covers from a friend for free.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

BigPaddy posted:

My current car lease is up in about 6 months and my fiance cannot drive it since it is a manual so I can't buy it out at the end despite the residual being hilariously low because we need something we can both drive. I like my GTI :saddowns:

It takes like 10 minutes to learn how to drive a stick shift. Teach her.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

I had this problem. It was a video card with a built in TV tuner, so it had this massive connector for a coax cable that wouldn't fit into my case. Thankfully I got a case with better made expansion slot covers from a friend for free.

Close, but not quite; It's like trying to fit a soda can into a space the thickness of a poptart :v: The novelty of this micro-tower wore off real loving quick-like, let me tell you. Just to put in some new RAM (who the gently caress thought that selling a computer with only 2 gigs of ram total was a good idea), I had to completely remove the hard-drive and the disk reader, that's how compact the space inside is.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My bedroom clock radio isn't picking up Classic FM properly any more (probably because of the weather) so now I have to wake up to Triple J instead.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
The tablet I just got is apparently new enough that the type of case I want for it just plain doesn't exist yet. I had to get a plain fits-all-in-size-class folio thing instead.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BigPaddy posted:

So she has 6 months to learn how?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

BigPaddy posted:

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to learn how to drive a stick shift. Teach her.

I learned how to drive stick as an 11 year old ( :ussr: ) She's got no excuse.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

What got me off my rear end to learn was the fact that the dumbest person I've ever met knew how to drive a stick (she'd actually never driven an automatic, on the basis that "the letters are too confusing"). If she could do it, it couldn't possibly that difficult. So I borrowed a friend's manual car for an afternoon and learned how to drive it.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

All the tomato seeds I planted have sprouted and now I have sixteen tomato plants. I do not have room for sixteen full-grown tomato plants or the means to can sixteen tomato plants' worth of tomatoes.

Might just repot half of them in cheap containers and force them on random people. They will share my burden. Of tomatoes.

Oh Hell No has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Jun 14, 2015

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Honda just came out with the exact car I was looking for-- a year after I bought a car. It's not worth going back into debt over though :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

I tried, but my grandfather's idea of a suitable vehicle for the task was an UAZ469 where I could barely see above the instrument panel and could barely shift with both hands. Thanks gramps.

But if your car isn't lovely Soviet milsurp there's really no excuse.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
One of my coworkers really wants us to see Insidious 3 tomorrow but I've been having deeply unsettling dreams about my friend who died 3 months ago and I don't think I need to give my subconscious any ideas. I really like horror movies, but not so much waking up at 3am irrationally paranoid my friend's corpse is standing over me. I have to turn on all the lights to calm down.

Horror movies might be out for a while.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

empty sea posted:

One of my coworkers really wants us to see Insidious 3 tomorrow but I've been having deeply unsettling dreams about my friend who died 3 months ago and I don't think I need to give my subconscious any ideas. I really like horror movies, but not so much waking up at 3am irrationally paranoid my friend's corpse is standing over me. I have to turn on all the lights to calm down.

Horror movies might be out for a while.

Genuine psychological problems thread is that way --------------->

Our dishwasher broke, so now I have to wash up by hand like some kind of caveman.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I want to go see Jurassic World but I don't want to sit in a packed movie theatre and it's turned out to be incredibly popular.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I might go see San Andreas this week. Mainly because of how incredibly popular JW turned out to be.

My only FWP with this is the a/c is busted in my truck and living in the south sucks when it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I'm jealous of all my friends' lame wedding hashtags, but am not planning a wedding nor engaged. #MarryingMyself #TrueLove

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I made it all the way through season 3 of Grimm and now I have to wait until season 4 gets put on amazon prime to watch it.

That's gonna be like, months probably.

It ended on a cliffhanger :saddowns:

Agricola Frigidus
Feb 7, 2010
My cellphone screen broke slightly, and I've ordered a new one which ended up at my mother's adress. Contemplating buying another new phone to cross the three-day gap.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I saw Jurassic World today and it was so loving cheestastic I kept cringing but at the same time it hit every single nostalgia button I didn't even know I possessed. Basically it rocked and yet was a terrible movie. Christ, you think Hammond was naive and reckless but he's rolling in his grave at these people running his park.
At one point I actually thought, "God, can we get back to the kids storyline now?" That was how bad some of the other stuff was, I actually wanted to see child actors gape at CGI dinosaurs.

But Chris Pratt tho. drat son. I watched Age of Ultron afterwards and didn't even give two shits about it. That's how good Jurassic World is. The park is open and I'm that dumb kid with the stupid haircut running impatiently down the hall, yelling "COME ON, COME ON!"

My only regret is that there wasn't a news blurb at the end of the credits with Ian Malcolm yelling "I told you" over and over.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

nexus6 posted:

I want to go see Jurassic World but I don't want to sit in a packed movie theatre and it's turned out to be incredibly popular.

You should definitely wait a week more imo. Might be different in your city, but I got there 30 minute early and it was packe. I had to sit all the way in the back on the left side. Nothing like sitting next to the speakers in a loudass movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wasted so much food down the garbage disposal that the pipe in the basement clogged.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Only two of our foster kittens can be neutered this weekend. All female kittens have to wait another 2 weeks because the clinic is booked solid.

A friend I rpg with is so loving happy with the new game she's made, and I don't have the heart to tell her it's so loving boring I find excuses not to play. There are only so many times your super special and powerful princesses from the future can try to seduce some random character before it gets dull. Yes yes I know her charm is at 10 or something but this poo poo is BORINg, but if I tell her my honest opinion she'll throw a fit and give me the silent treatment for a week or two.

My mom hasn't smoked in some years, but 20 years of it catches you hard. Every morning she scream-hacks up poo poo in her throat. She sounds bulimic half the time, and the gags and screamed coughs freak out the cats and usually make me peek around to make sure she's not having a heart attack. She gets snippy if I ask her to do this poo poo somewhere else, like outside, and says she can't help it. No, you can, but that would mean you couldn't play Farmville while you cough up solid mucus.

And lane leeches. People who ride in the lane nearest to the entrance/exit lane in the highway and refuse to move or speed up or let people on the highway, instead chugging along because in 5 miles they'll need to exit! I don't care if you leech, just loving MOVE or let people on! You want to drive in that lane for 40 miles, knock yourself out, but be loving courteous to everyone else on the road.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i want to play the ffxiv expansion that releases friday but I'm gone for a week on a tropical cruise that leaves that very same day!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My sciatica is acting up and making me feel old :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The delicious Indian place I just ate at apparently stopped doing a dinner buffet since the last time I went there. My meal was tasty, but I wanted a little bit of a lot of different tasty things, not one big portion of one tasty thing.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Jun 18, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I have a date tonight and I have a goddamn pimple on my face like I'm a teenager. I haven't had pimples in ten years, why do I get one today?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm not entirely sure if this is a 'problem' or not but according to speedtest.net my internet speed has gone up by a factor of loving ten :stare: I'm really, really hoping this doesn't come back to bite my wallet in the rear end. What the gently caress, Time Warner?

E: It should say something about how the internet providers in the US work that I'm actually worried about my speed going up, not down.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Jun 18, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If you have Time Warner, I'm assuming it's cable internet? With cable, you're on a shared connection with several other people, so depending on time of day, who else is using it, etc... it's within the realm of possibility that it can go up that much.

Though it still depends on actual numbers...if you went from like 2-3 Mbps to 20-30, then that's normal, but if you went from like 20-30 Mbps to 200, then I'd say you might want to check your next bill to make sure you weren't "upgraded" without knowing.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Agricola Frigidus posted:

My cellphone screen broke slightly, and I've ordered a new one which ended up at my mother's adress. Contemplating buying another new phone to cross the three-day gap.

I ordered a new sim card which ended up at my parents' address when it wasn't even on my record.

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jun 18, 2015

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

nexus6 posted:

I ordered a new sim card which ended up at my parent's address when it wasn't even on my record.

I used to smoke, and there was one time about 8 years ago where Camel was giving out free packs at some lovely nightclub. When they checked my ID, they just grabbed it from me and swiped the magnetic strip. Weeks later I was getting coupons for Camel cigarettes at my mother's house on the other side of the country. I've never lived at that address, let alone that state. My mom didn't know I smoked prior to that, either. :sigh:

Today's actual FWP is that I have a bag of fruit snacks on my desk and they're pretty good, but I'd really rather have gummy bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was pouring a mold, and I was pretty sure I had enough silicone mixed up to work, but I was off by just a SMIDGE and had to stop and mix up a teeny amount to finish filling the mold box :saddowns: