Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

All things Biden would also say *folds arms*

I don't think Joementum is criticizing Graham for saying those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is a Chris Kyle shirt. That is what "The Legend" stands for.

Yep, a background to it is here. Kyle saw himself in the character.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/american-sniper-comics-punisher.html

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Wilson is one of the most frustrating Presidents to deal with.

He's a pretty good example of why race and economic issues are not always in line with each other.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

neonnoodle posted:

Buchanan was married, thank you very much, to this hottie:

Buchanan was married to Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs? :stare:

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is a Chris Kyle shirt. That is what "The Legend" stands for.

Yet another reason to be glad that guy's dead.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“[Rand Paul] has made America weaker and more vulnerable and he has done it for his personal gain and he has done it to raise money.” ~ Chris Christie, at the Romney retreat.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
According to Carly Fiorina, "feminist" is a term the GOP needs to take back.

quote:

“The left has controlled this conversation,” she said on the press call. “They have defined the term ‘feminism’ and ‘feminist’ in a certain way. And I think it’s important that we reclaim that term.”

“Over the years, feminism has devolved into a left-leaning political ideology where women are pitted against men and used as a political weapon to win elections … A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses,” Fiorina said in her prepared remarks.

In the speech Fiorina criticized liberals for claiming that those who oppose their agenda are waging a “war on women” — an attack line Democrats used heavily in the 2012 and 2014 cycles. She argued against legislating equal pay, as she has in the past.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yet another reason to be glad that guy's dead.

No poo poo, the dude was loving damaged goods. Seeing yourself in The Punisher?? Ugh.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Looks like Carly is gunning for the Reddit, MRA, and Red Pill crowd.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

Michael Douglas.

:golfclap:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gently caress that's good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Appropriate shirt for someone with the balls to execute an innocent man.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Here is the candidate tracker that was asked about earlier.

Here are the two blogs.

Here is the news conference announcing the Iowa Straw Poll being cancelled..

Martin O'Mally In Iowa City yesterday.

6/12 candidate tracker
Mitt Romney's retreat sounds like a good time.
Not only are six candidates going, but look at this list:

quote:

Among the high-profile guests: David Axelrod, a former adviser to President Barack Obama; New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte; Yahoo news anchor Katie Couric; former Defense Secretary Robert Gates; General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt; Walmart CEO Lee Scot; former NBA commissioner David Stern and current Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman.

Here is the Salt Lake Tribune on it.

Rand Paul is in Orange County tonight to speak at a dinner. Flag Day dinner that is.

Bernie Sanders speaks at Drake University at 7PM.

Chris Christie's "Tell It Like It Is" town hall tour was in Cedar Rapids, IA today. Des Moines Register reporter live tweeted the event. It was also live on MSNBC, but I can't seem to find a recording of it.

Huckabee is swinging through South Carolina. He won't be meeting Bobby Jindal for prayers tomorrow.

Also I'm not going to hunt for interviews with candidates that day. Just looking up the known campaign stops is enough of a pain.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quote:

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte

Veepin' so hard.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From the 1994 campaign.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Finally. No DREAMers in sight.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Kinda amazed we haven't seen a food poisoning snafu on the trail given how much terrible local food candidates wolf down.

ffs go to a shake shack already rand

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb Bush was endorsed by 11 of the 17 Congressional Republicans from Florida today. Quite a coup and a problem for Rubio. Jeb decided to thank some of his new supporters by tweeting out pictures of them.

Here's the one he originally used to thank Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

He deleted that and decided to use a different photo for some reason.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Joementum posted:

Was he eating that cannibal style? Also I don't see a shake, which is something you should never miss when eating there.

Also, if he's eating at an In-and-out, chances are there are plenty of DREAMers nearby (due to the geographic locations this chain is most prominent in).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Jeb Bush was endorsed by 11 of the 17 Congressional Republicans from Florida today. Quite a coup and a problem for Rubio.

I wouldn't say it's any more of a problem for Rubio than running against Jeb in the first place. There was no way he was ever going to get endorsed over Jeb by any Florida GOP guys. It's still Jeb's party down here. I mean, I guess there might still be one or two Crist Republicans. As for Voldemort Republicans, there are none because nobody likes him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Drake University tonight for a Bernie event.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

Drake University tonight for a Bernie event.

Dude's really been packing em in at these events. I wonder what Hillary's crowds have looked like in comparison.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

site posted:

Dude's really been packing em in at these events. I wonder what Hillary's crowds have looked like in comparison.

Her staff carefully controls attendance. She could fill that room easily, otherwise.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Also isn't she purposefully keeping her pre-announcement events small and low-key?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think shes not holding large events purposefully so she can overprepare for them tbh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

As said before she is keeping stuff small and controlled with hand picked people. Most of her events have been hosted by the big money in the cities/counties she has stopped in. Her first real event will be huge, but I do know a lot of Dems in Iowa who are grumbling about her campaign.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

Cruz will go to Iowa anyways and start his own straw poll there

If anyone's going to start his own organization to get around an establishment group it's Rand.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr Hootington posted:

As said before she is keeping stuff small and controlled with hand picked people. Most of her events have been hosted by the big money in the cities/counties she has stopped in. Her first real event will be huge, but I do know a lot of Dems in Iowa who are grumbling about her campaign.

How dare she not beg their attention like the others! A Show! A show is demanded, amuse the Iowans, make them feel important, lie to them like you mean it when you say you care deeply about corn and corn products. Why the great state of Iowa certainly isn't a shithole that will be ignored for the next 3 years for good reason. A place that fewer Americans can locate on the map than can properly locate Iran. A place whose only consequence is founded on a farcical effort to prove to everyone else that they totally matter.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Joementum posted:

Her staff carefully controls attendance. She could fill that room easily, otherwise.

For all of the talk about Hillary's weaknesses in the general and concerns about taking Obama's approach I think people are seriously underestimating the ground game Hillary is going to have, I can think of a dozen people that aren't even particularly active in politics that are willing to campaign like crazy for her, like pound the pavement like crazy.

I saw it with Wendy Davis in Texas, as a campaign volunteer none of us were delusional enough to think that she was going to take the state but people saw it as training for Hillary, I think you will see Hillary pick up Obama's minority voters again as well as roping in a ton of fervent female and gay volunteers. Keep in mind that a lot of the minority Obama volunteers were crazy for Hillary, I saw first hand that many of them would have been even more excited if Hillary had one the primary.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Three Olives posted:

For all of the talk about Hillary's weaknesses in the general and concerns about taking Obama's approach I think people are seriously underestimating the ground game Hillary is going to have, I can think of a dozen people that aren't even particularly active in politics that are willing to campaign like crazy for her, like pound the pavement like crazy.

That's very much Robby Mook's strategy too, just not in Texas because she's not going to win Texas.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah there's not much of a reason for her to try what Obama was doing for 2008. Let the media focus on how insane the GOP candidates are for a few months.

Joementum posted:

That's very much Robby Mook's strategy too, just not in Texas because she's not going to win Texas.

But Carter won Texas :negative:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

The X-man cometh posted:

If anyone's going to start his own organization to get around an establishment group it's Rand.

Heh.

What's Axelrod doing at the Romney retreat? Is there some obvious reason for him to want to go (and for them to want him there) that I'm missing?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Joementum posted:

Did he bring a take-out burger to a restaurant?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah there's not much of a reason for her to try what Obama was doing for 2008.

She's doing exactly what Obama did in the 2008 general election.

He did something different in the primary election because he had an opponent.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Joementum posted:

I just think it is weird how the media always focuses on the evasiveness of the Clinton's and how she is going to have trouble connecting with a larger voting base...

25-40 year olds have nothing but fond memories of the Clintons that goes back the seeming idyllic 90's along with a healthy pushback about the social conservatism of the time and I don't think I have ever heard a non-crazy conservative older woman that will say a single bad thing about her. I don't think there is any reason that she isn't going to have an army working the ground for her with a fervent and numbers that don't rival or surpass Obama.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Three Olives posted:

I just think it is weird how the media always focuses on the evasiveness of the Clinton's and how she is going to have trouble connecting with a larger voting base...

25-40 year olds have nothing but fond memories of the Clintons that goes back the seeming idyllic 90's along with a healthy pushback about the social conservatism of the time and I don't think I have ever heard a non-crazy conservative older woman that will say a single bad thing about her. I don't think there is any reason that she isn't going to have an army working the ground for her with a fervent and numbers that don't rival or surpass Obama.

To be clear, the NYT story that started all of this was little more than a vehicle for red state Democrats to complain that they're no longer relevant. And they aren't. That's true. Bill Clinton won West Virginia. Hillary Clinton is not going to win that state. When Joe Manchin retires he'll be replaced by a Republican. The Democrats can't win there any more, and they can't win in Arkansas or some of the other states that Bill won in 1992 because it's no longer 1992. Fortunately for Hillary, they don't need to.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

She's doing exactly what Obama did in the 2008 general election.

He did something different in the primary election because he had an opponent.

I just meant the huge rallies in stadiums, all her stuff has been low-key in comparison. Sure, having no credible opponent is a good reason for not needing such events.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I've heard that her style for the primary at the moment is more reminiscent of how she ran her run for Senator in NY, preferring to do lots of very small events throughout the state than just doing one big event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Is it possible to craft a more boring two-word combo than "Romney PowerPoint"?

• Locked thread