Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Can someone mod the price of booze so it doesn't cost a hojillion crowns? Why the gently caress is a bottle of Nilfgaardian Lemon *94* gold pieces? With prices this high on alcohol, what are all these peasants and surfs guzzling down in these taverns?

yeah i have a hard time understanding this. also, there should be a buy back button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Can someone mod the price of booze so it doesn't cost a hojillion crowns? Why the gently caress is a bottle of Nilfgaardian Lemon *94* gold pieces? With prices this high on alcohol, what are all these peasants and surfs guzzling down in these taverns?
Hey, that's a bargain when a shirt costs 163 gold. I'd have to strip a whole battlefield of its armor and weapons to be able to afford one.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It's only that price for you, you Witcher filth. Non mutant people get it at the real price.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
So im a little confused on the witcher gear. I know you get the base set, then upgrade them as time goes on. But are they also ranked by type? Like why is griffin so easy to get, but cat is hard? Is cat level 1 gear way better than griffin level 1? I built my guy for light armor and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get new armor. Nothing I can find really cuts it.

I'm having trouble finding swords too. My gear is all level 4-6 and I just hit level 11. Not sure where to get better equipment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ethanol posted:

yeah i have a hard time understanding this. also, there should be a buy back button

I find it kinda funny that when you sell something to a merchant, the price instantly becomes its standard price instead of what you sold it for, even if you don't exit the trade dialog. So gently caress you player if you accidentally sell something you didn't want to because of the lovely inventory's mysterious hard to predict auto-highlight thing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I wish that they didn't put notes in the same section as like, all the items I have to use regularly.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

So im a little confused on the witcher gear. I know you get the base set, then upgrade them as time goes on. But are they also ranked by type? Like why is griffin so easy to get, but cat is hard? Is cat level 1 gear way better than griffin level 1? I built my guy for light armor and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get new armor. Nothing I can find really cuts it.

I'm having trouble finding swords too. My gear is all level 4-6 and I just hit level 11. Not sure where to get better equipment.

Basic Cat gear is a lot better than basic Griffin gear IIRC but all the mastercrafted gear has roughly the same base stats and level requirement. If you're into light armour it's all aketons and gambesons and such for quite a while.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Fonzarelli posted:

I wish that they didn't put notes in the same section as like, all the items I have to use regularly.

I have so much crap in there and Im not sure what I can ditch and not now.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Athanatos posted:

It's only that price for you, you Witcher filth. Non mutant people get it at the real price.

*in best gravely Geralt voice* easy on the insults, or I'll add to your misfortune

:toughguy:

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Finally nailed that headshot kill achievement. gently caress that was tedious. Now I just have to track down merchants I've never played for gwent cards....and I'm having trouble finding them. I play with some rear end in a top hat and get like 3 strings because I forgot I already beat him...ugh. I don't even know how many cards I need.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh Dijkstra, that was a tough decision with a time limit :ohdear:
Can't wait for that ending slide.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Who the gently caress actually buys booze? Have you noticed you can loot crates and bodies?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

GrossMurpel posted:

Who the gently caress actually buys booze? Have you noticed you can loot crates and bodies?

For the specific stuff needed for White Gull, it's hard to loot enough.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of the booze, I noticed that I went for an increasingly long stretch without picking up any alcohol and yet my potions always were refilled whenever I meditated regardless. Is there some kind of system where it'll always refill them as long as you have one? Or did I really somehow have like 30 dwarven spirits stocked up in my inventory?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've got at least 50 so maybe.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

OAquinas posted:

Couldn't you buy and/or craft that one?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CJacobs posted:

Speaking of the booze, I noticed that I went for an increasingly long stretch without picking up any alcohol and yet my potions always were refilled whenever I meditated regardless. Is there some kind of system where it'll always refill them as long as you have one? Or did I really somehow have like 30 dwarven spirits stocked up in my inventory?

You probably did have a ton of Dwarven Spirits/Alcohest and didn't realize it. Every other location and point of interest almost always have like, 5 of each stashed away.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

OAquinas posted:

Where do you find the flowers for White Gull? I seem to never have any

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

GrossMurpel posted:

I try to stock up on cherry cordial and lemon because I like making alcohest because it is not in crates.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

pik_d posted:

Where do you find the flowers for White Gull? I seem to never have any

The white Arabena somethings? Yeah I had to buy a dozen of them from a herbalist, twice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woah. Every time I forget how awesome this game is about showing the results of your side quests, it reminds me and surprises me all over again. A long, LONG while back I helped an old woman clear her house out because it'd been uninhabited for a while and a big pack of ghouls or wraiths or one of the two had moved in. She was at the next town over distraught and I helped her in exchange for access to her secret stash of crowns. I happened back across this farm just now, some 50 hours of gameplay later, and figured I would head inside to see if she'd actually moved back in.

Not only did she move back in, but she and Geralt had a pleasant conversation about her trip home. I think what is so awesome about this to me is that they didn't HAVE to do stuff like this; like 1% of players are actually going to bother seeing this lady again after her side quest is over. Little things in video games. :stare:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 13, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I freed the tree long before starting the Crones hullabaloo and the Crones didn't curse Anna and the Baron survived, that much I know you can do. Some many hours after I checked the school in Novigrad for any notes about kids and there weren't any. I'm weighing my options on loading up a previous save to see if I can screw with things a bit, but it looks like you can't really have your cake and eat it too.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Zoo06 posted:

Finally nailed that headshot kill achievement. gently caress that was tedious. Now I just have to track down merchants I've never played for gwent cards....and I'm having trouble finding them. I play with some rear end in a top hat and get like 3 strings because I forgot I already beat him...ugh. I don't even know how many cards I need.

If playing Gwent is greyed out, instead of white, you've already beaten that character and gained their card.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I freed the tree long before starting the Crones hullabaloo and the Crones didn't curse Anna and the Baron survived, that much I know you can do. Some many hours after I checked the school in Novigrad for any notes about kids and there weren't any. I'm weighing my options on loading up a previous save to see if I can screw with things a bit, but it looks like you can't really have your cake and eat it too.

I haven't found any other legitimate "sequence breaking" you can do in the main quest, other than going to Skellige early before you finish up Novigrad. The NPC checkup thing I mentioned isn't a rare thing either, I've found that just about everybody that sticks around in the game world can be followed up on later if you feel like being nice.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
First time I go sailing around Skellige to hunt some question marks. Some bird monsters attack; well, I want to jump into the water obviously, since the crossbow does infinity damage under water. But as soon as I stand up in the boat, I'm in combat and can't jump overboard. What?

Eventually manage to glitch myself into the water by rolling and bouncing around. Hurray! The birds can of course also swim, but never mind, they're easy to kill. Proves somewhat tedious since they seem to be respawning infinitely, but oh well. Eventually gather all the treasure.

I go back to the boat, there's a bird stuck on its side somehow. Kill it with the sword easily once I'm on board. Then another bird attacks... arrgh. Exasperated, I just mash left click, and Geralt somehow decides that he'll jump up into the air to chase the bird. Except a millisecond after jumping up he decides to instantly fall back down, and apparently this is somehow high enough that he dies as he hits the deck of the boat, after a 20 cm jump.

Well no biggie, load a save from just before the underwater treasure, jump out of the boat a bit earlier so birds don't get stuck in it. Well, this time there's some graphical glitch and I suddenly can't see Geralt at all, it's zoomed in too much or something. Now the difficulty is that I have no idea whether Geralt is heading up or down or something else, he's in the water and breath is running out. Try to swim in some direction... "you have reached the edge of the world, turn back". What? Just, what? Fine, pick a different direction... now Geralt is moving forward according to the minimap, but I still can't see him, I still can't make him surface, and he's still running out of breath. Time to load the save again.

The swimming in this game. :psyduck:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

CJacobs posted:

Woah. Every time I forget how awesome this game is about showing the results of your side quests, it reminds me and surprises me all over again. A long, LONG while back I helped an old woman clear her house out because it'd been uninhabited for a while and a big pack of ghouls or wraiths or one of the two had moved in. She was at the next town over distraught and I helped her in exchange for access to her secret stash of crowns. I happened back across this farm just now, some 50 hours of gameplay later, and figured I would head inside to see if she'd actually moved back in.

Not only did she move back in, but she and Geralt had a pleasant conversation about her trip home. I think what is so awesome about this to me is that they didn't HAVE to do stuff like this; like 1% of players are actually going to bother seeing this lady again after her side quest is over. Little things in video games. :stare:

(Spoilers for this side quest)

You don't find wraiths haunting the place depending on your answers to the game's questions about W2.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

You don't find wraiths haunting the place depending on your answers to the game's questions about W2.

What could've been a fairly simple housecleaning quest became so much more.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ice Fist posted:

T.G. Xarbala posted:

What could've been a fairly simple housecleaning quest became so much more.

Wuh?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Really waiting for the next patch now. Seems like every time I quick transport in a boat, I end up about two miles in the air at my destination and freefall to the world below. Beautiful view all the way down, but I'm honestly scared to hit anything but water to see if I'll end up okay. The game also seems to crash/minimize whenever it loads too much stuff at once and it seems like as more patches get put out it loads slower and slower.

Also seem to be stuck in the witch hunter HQ after helping Menge with his sorceress problem. Should I ask about the treasure or dandelion? I've tried all the outcomes, not sure which to go with.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

If you spared Letho' in Witcher 2, then instead you run into him hiding out there, having cleared out the infestation already

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sauer kraut posted:

Oh Dijkstra, that was a tough decision with a time limit :ohdear:
Can't wait for that ending slide.

On the subject of Dijkstra, what happens if he shows up for the battle at Kaer Morhan? Anything notable? I lost out on having him there by not wanting to listen to you-know-who get their fingernails ripped out.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Woah. Every time I forget how awesome this game is about showing the results of your side quests

In Velen there is a man hiding under a cart full of plague ridden corpses from some ghouls. When you question him about why he's hauling this, he swears he's immune to every disease. You burn the cart and part ways.

Later, you find him next to a hut, infected with the plague, begging you to kill him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Insect Court posted:

On the subject of Dijkstra, what happens if he shows up for the battle at Kaer Morhan? Anything notable? I lost out on having him there by not wanting to listen to you-know-who get their fingernails ripped out.

I understand that no matter what you do, he will never join you there. Am I mistaken?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Insect Court posted:

He never shows up. He's too busy to help and there's nothing you can do to convince him.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Huge thanks to MagusDraco for Necrodancer :3:. I really wanted toplay this you own.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Palpek posted:

Huge thanks to MagusDraco for Necrodancer :3:. I really wanted toplay this you own.

Wrong thread dude

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The Insect Court posted:

He won't actually go and help fight. He gives you 1000 crowns instead.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
So this game is $57 for me now on Steam. Yes or no should I buy it? I could not really get into Witcher 2.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

More spoilers...check behind the barn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

jaete posted:

But as soon as I stand up in the boat, I'm in combat and can't jump overboard. What?
I had the same problem, except for jumping into the boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzYNN343jZI