Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You are buying one of those grabbags, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Looks like 250-300 or so?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Great White Hope posted:

You are buying one of those grabbags, right?

poo poo, I guess I have to

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yo the kid that wore the press outfit is legit taking notes in a moleskine. Shout out to Uncle Dave

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How have the matches been in general?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember when I photoshopped a picture from a TNA ballpark show and added some GFW logos? I was so close.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How have the matches been in general?

Opener was fun. Trent and Chuck got good heat and played the heels well against some twin brothers not named Nick and matt Jackson

After that it was Sonjay Dutt and some other little guy. Dutt was super duper popular and won after a nice enough cruiserweight match

Lei'd Tapa and some little tiny thing named Thea Trinidad had a meh match

And then MOOSE and he was cool as hell. Moose!

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I like the green ropes I think they are cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chris Masters is loving gigantic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ok now we got Chris Masters agains Dustin Starr, a dude who is from Memphis. Dustin Starr fact: one of my best friends is his girlfriend's dentist. Well that's all the fun Dustin Starr facts I have

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
At least it's drawing more than a TNA show.

I will still never take it seriously because of the dumb name. It's so 90's Angelfire.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Corny is here and I pray he cuts a scathing promo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ok he actually gave a ten bell salute to Dusty

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
...and then 2 geeks used Jimmy Del Ray's death to get heat.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bullet Club are FACES

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jeff Jarrett shits out a house show for a new promotion held in a minor league ballpark and it draws better than what TNA can get with Spike TV in their corner.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

RZApublican posted:

with Spike TV in their corner.

This only proves once & for all that Spike TV held them back.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Using the app, I can confirm that TNA is watching this show.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Seeing Bullet Club work as faces with Cornette was surreal

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is it that weird seeing the BC work face? They're pretty over here, it would be weird for them to not lean into it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

triplexpac posted:

Is it that weird seeing the BC work face? They're pretty over here, it would be weird for them to not lean into it.

It was really really weird. I mean, they were babyfaces right down to Karl getting the sympathy heat while suffering a beat down

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It was cool though, people were going nuts for them, chanting bullet club and hollering when Doc cleaned house

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AJ and the Bucks have worked face in basically all their ROH appearances since the crossover shows last year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think they're heels in New Japan specifically because they're gaijin (foreigners), so of course they'd be face back here where they're home

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thing I did not realize until now: the twin brothers Best Friends wrestled are Dalton Castle's peacocks

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
I was here for this show as well. Crowd wasn't great, but I didn't care. I had a fun time with a few friends. Got pics with Chucky T, Karl and Cornette. And a friend of mine got his pic getting masterlocked by Masters. Moose doing the bionic elbow was awesome. Only disappointment, Best Friends were out of copies of their Teddy Hart interview.

Keyga
Apr 12, 2006

Making you feel guilty for all the salted snails, one lick at a time.
I was there tonight too! Saw the schlub in the press hat (cause that was weird as hell) and took a bunch of pics! Lei'd Tafa was gigantic btw I felt so short!

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?

Keyga posted:

I was there tonight too! Saw the schlub in the press hat (cause that was weird as hell) and took a bunch of pics! Lei'd Tafa was gigantic btw I felt so short!

Yeah, that dude looked like he was trying to cosplay as an Al Capone gangster. I didn't know what the gently caress his deal was. I never saw him interviewing people though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

350 for a turnout JJ promoted his rear end off for isn't great but its a decent start. Hopefully their return numbers will pick up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's 350 more paid than TNA has done all year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im already over this promotion

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was everyone there for just the wrestling show, or did everyone who watched a baseball game get in for free

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

EugeneJ posted:

Was everyone there for just the wrestling show, or did everyone who watched a baseball game get in for free

Wrestling show only. The baseball would've drawn a bigger crowd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

My buddy went tonight to the show outside Knoxville and said Jeff was pretty drunk, Karen was SUPER drunk, Gallows was a really cool guy, and everybody loved MOOSE. I told him there was gonna be a lot of merch so take some money and I'm afraid to ask how many shirts and DVDs he ended up coming back with.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

From what I saw on that weird app they used the merch tables got pretty swamped.

Also if your buddy bought shirts and did not get a Slap Nuts one punch him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Global Force Wrestling owns.

Now, Therefore, this is a great thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jeff Jarrett owns and is the best.