Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Reiley posted:

That's some COD kid poo poo and it's thickly discouraged.

raditts posted:

Yeah, it's lame as hell and the only couple of times I've seen it are from the worst players, much like people who do teabagging.

Sounds like you guys suck at the game and are getting inkbagged a lot. You need to get good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Ink. Resist. Boots.

I assume you mean Ink Resist Hi-tops because I'm not going to wear the moto boots with my schoolgirl outfit are you insane? They look good with the ski jacket, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Ink. Resist. Boots.

Also Cold-Blooded in Ranked.

I have a pair but I'm honestly not sure what they're doing for me. :shrug:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Instead of moving 12.5% speed in enemy ink, you move 80% speed. Also standing in enemy ink does half the damage it normally would.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

IronicDongz posted:

Instead of moving 12.5% speed in enemy ink, you move 80% speed. Also standing in enemy ink does half the damage it normally would.

Note that you need to not be shooting to see the benefit.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Silentman0 posted:

I assume you mean Ink Resist Hi-tops because I'm not going to wear the moto boots with my schoolgirl outfit are you insane? They look good with the ski jacket, though.

Sure. They work well with my Urban Vest too. But I can sympathize because it's the same reason I use the Black Arrowbands over the Gas Mask because COME ON.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
So whatthe gently caress. A few games tonight ended with one or more of my teammates scoring 0 points, despite me seeing them playing. What is that about?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The trucks are out for Splatfest.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Afro posted:

So whatthe gently caress. A few games tonight ended with one or more of my teammates scoring 0 points, despite me seeing them playing. What is that about?

Disconnects.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Afro posted:

They disconnected at some point. Even as late as game end/result screen.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

dogsicle posted:

They disconnected at some point. Even as late as game end/result screen.

loving lame. So these idiots couldnt handle a loss in unranked?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

The trucks are out for Splatfest.

Oh that's a nice touch. Nintendo definitely working the "show, don't tell" thing to let you know splatfest is coming. :allears:

Afro posted:

Or could just be a connection error on their end

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Afro posted:

I don't know of a way to ragequit tbh, maybe power off the console? Disconnections are super common for server reasons though, I haven't gone a session without a few.

Afro
May 29, 2007

I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit

dogsicle posted:

I don't know of a way to ragequit tbh, maybe power off the console? Disconnections are super common for server reasons though, I haven't gone a session without a few.

What prompted my post was the last game where all 3 of my teammates were at 0 at the end. I figure all of them just held the power button when they realized they were about to lose. It seems unlikely that ALL 3 disconnected.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Afro posted:

What prompted my post was the last game where all 3 of my teammates were at 0 at the end. I figure all of them just held the power button when they realized they were about to lose. It seems unlikely that ALL 3 disconnected.

It's extremely likely. I experienced a ton of lag at the beginning of one match, which usually means I'm about to get disconnected. This one time, though, it cleared up on my side but at the end of it all, 2 people were off my team and one off the other.

EDIT: Besides, it's not even worth it to turn off the console if you're facing a loss in Turf War. You still get points, and in a couple minutes you'll be in another match! Why take three times as long to power down and re-enter the game?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Afro posted:

I had a match once where about halfway through 6 players dropped out and it was just me and another guy for the duration, sometimes weird server poo poo happens.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not sure how these things actually manifest, but anything seems possible. I either get dropped after a couple "unstable connection" warnings, or players explode into colored smoke and then I'm out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sometimes the server just shits itself, nobody cares about losing Turf War.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dogsicle posted:

I almost wonder if I missed one since I was skipping a lot of the cheap gear. But yeah, I've started to just buy everything for fashion reasons, plus you can rank them up if you really like the look. Other than Stealth Jump/Ninja Squid, none of the main-only abilities seem that great anyway.

You'll never realize how essential ink resist is until you try it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Afro posted:

It might not have been a willful disconnect. When the game encounters server issues, it doesn't kick the whole team all at once. A server hiccup can knock off one or two or three members but keep the rest in the game if the connection re-establishes.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Port Mackerel is my favourite Krak-on Roller map. It's also cool seeing the transition from C rank to B+/A- where I can put beacons anywhere and people won't notice them in C, then putting them in safe unreachable places in B, and then putting them in super obvious positions so I can ambush people as they take em out in high ranks.

It's just painful to see someone swim somewhere I put a beacon though. Always makes me feel like switching to something else.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
An issue with taking beacons is that there's a responsibility to it. When you land it destroys the beacon.
Should I jump? Should I wait for the guy who placed it to jump and place a new one? Then jump to him as he places another?

Becons are a prime example of why some degree of communication other than "Booyah!" would be great. Some indication to know if the beacon is just for you or for anyone who needs it.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 13, 2015

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Thoughts on the splat-o-matic? I really like it. It's like an accurate splattershot Jr, without the panic button a la bubbler. Sticky bombs really complement it well.

Definitely good for picking off people from ledges, but you'll still get outranged by the 52/96 gal. Excellent for short ranged painting.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Not a Children posted:

Thoughts on the splat-o-matic? I really like it. It's like an accurate splattershot Jr, without the panic button a la bubbler. Sticky bombs really complement it well.

Definitely good for picking off people from ledges, but you'll still get outranged by the 52/96 gal. Excellent for short ranged painting.

Was about to post something similar. The Splat-o-Matic is very similar to the Splattershot Jr. The difference is it's effected by defense ups sooner, but it also has a much tighter spread so it's easier to splat targets.

Hard for me to utilize the Suction bombs and Suction Bomb Rush well though. Anyone have any tips on how to use them well?

McSnatch
May 12, 2004
Fun Shoe
I've yet to see a round where it didn't let me murder the entire team behind enemy lines single handedly, while suction bombing important junctions. It's pretty cool.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Suction bombs are a lot better than I remember

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

raditts posted:

You'll never realize how essential ink resist is until you try it.

Having used it a fair bit, it's about as niche as any other skill. Obviously if you build your play style around it, it'll be much more noticeable but that applies to everything.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Forcing myself to get used to the gyroscope, it's OK once i remember to only use it for up and down.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I will never get used to motion controls for looking left/right fast.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Forcing myself to get used to the gyroscope, it's OK once i remember to only use it for up and down.

Use it for side to side too

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

The Gorp posted:

When you land it destroys the beacon.

Wait, really? So that's what happens to my beacons...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's really easy to get used to the gyro controls in singleplayer, and when you do you'll be both faster and more precise at aiming than if you were using just the sticks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

My thinking on Ink Resist is that I'm usually shooting a path for myself through enemy ink or shooting at the enemy trapping me in ink, so apparently the speed boost doesn't trigger. Maybe I shouldn't worry about shooting so much, idk.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So the new guy is splattershot senior basically

E: splattershot the third

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Not a Children posted:

the bomb rush is amazing at locking a place down, but wont save you in a fight with how long the bombs take to explode. With how fast the special fills and you'll lose it if you die, the best strat ive seen is spam em like crazy

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Now's a good time to take the Jet Squelcher out for a spin. Nothing but lots of low-range targets everywhere.

But also Suction Bombs, dear god so many Suction Bombs...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tengames posted:

the bomb rush is amazing at locking a place down, but wont save you in a fight with how long the bombs take to explode. With how fast the special fills and you'll lose it if you die, the best strat ive seen is spam em like crazy

The nice thing is, if you die in the middle of using the special, you retain some in proportion to the amount you had left when you died. It's definitely great for advancing on an area, but it's super easy for someone to flank you because they know you'll be concentrating on flinging bombs hither, thither, and yon.

A suction bomb on its own is easy to avoid, but that makes the reactions to it kind of predictable. People tend to track the bomb, not you, especially if it's the first thing they see. If, for example, you throw it onto a ledge (think somewhere on the pillar in the skate park, or on the lip of the center platform at Arowana), then immediately pop up a couple feet away, you can usually nail someone with your main weapon as they back away from the bomb, since they'll be somewhat expecting you to show up from the direction your bomb came from after it explodes, rather than off to the side as they're staring at your decoy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My goddamn loving morons of a team let it get to 56-2.

Then we rallied and came right back to stomp our way to a knockout. :black101:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Splash-o-matic is like what your gun does in singleplayer after you upgrade it, which is pretty sneaky of them to introduce the concept. It's like you start with an Aerospray effect, then it becomes a Jr, then it becomes a Splattershot, and finally its a Spashomatic, even if its always just the special skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
loving hell Lemming, I had to work to keep you from sweeping the win out from under us.

• Locked thread